hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

yepp, and it's full of bigs...

Can't we have a spoon to remove the adults swimming in it?

yepp, and it's full of bigs...

Can't we have a spoon to remove the adults swimming in it?

laugh.gif They seem to be gone now.

Is anyone else having problems with the site again?

It is fine for me, now. Are you still having trouble with it?

With the new things TJ implemented yesterday, this morning when I went to look at my EDS scroll statistics found that I only had a fraction of the dragons I had scroll statistics on yesterday.

I think that with the addition of pages to our scrolls, scroll statistics now can only "see" 1 page and not the whole scroll. Is that correct? Is there a way to fix it so that EDS scroll statistics can once again be for the whole scroll?

Edit: I successfully used alternate custom sort and my whole scroll showed up. I only mention this because one can still see their whole scroll at one time, if only when sorting.

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

I was just going to mention that. 200 dragons top for both my daughter and me. (We both have slightly more than that, though.)

Edit: Fail...

Edited by olympe

Oh, I hope there is a fix for this! I am not liking the reduction in dragons that I have suffered. I do want to keep the 200/page limit, though because it loads sooooo much faster!

Appaerently EDS doesn't use the API to generate the statistics as they were supposed to. Shouldn't be that hard to fix, the statistics script just needs to be rewritten in most parts.

Aha, yes, I was just going to mention the difficulty with scroll statistics. I don't think it's purely a case of it only "seeing" one page, though - when I tried it, it said I had 200 dragons, but my scroll pages were still set to default (250).

I very much hope that a fix is possible soon! I love the statistics tool. :3

Yeah, it isn't the number we have per page. I changed mine to 2500 because I want all 1402 on one page and EDS says I have 200 dragons.

The default logged-out number seems to be 200 per page (why logged out and logged in have slightly different defaults, I don't know), which is where EDS is getting the 200 from. And it's a site-wide problem, too, not just with the stats page. The "soup" part also only gets the first 200 dragons, so anyone with growing dragons sorted by breed or by some other method which has them spread through the scroll, rather than all grouped at the top, will only get some of them added.

Edit: And, yeah, what did happen with the inbred checker? Why has it been partially disabled? Are there plans to fix it sometime soon?

Edited by bbik

Hmm. I wish EDS banner worked right. I really like the simplicity of it.

Same here... I've been using EATW's but I really prefer EDS. I hope this site gets back up running again. It's one of my favorites! sad.gif

Same here... I've been using EATW's but I really prefer EDS. I hope this site gets back up running again. It's one of my favorites! sad.gif

EATW does support EDS-style banners too. Just choose the "simple"-style from the list when generating a new banner.

so I am right in assuming the banner maker is only reading the first page of the scroll for the sig banner?

I'm not sure what it is doing. I have all 1400+ of mine on one page and it still only reads the first 200.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add to the Interesting Codes list. I noticed "bald" is not on the list... and well, I think it should be. My "BAGS" shows up in my interesting codes, but not "bald" ... perhaps bald is not interesting? huh.gif

I prefer EDS's as well. I already switched banners in my sig on a different forum and have been holding off here waiting for something to be said, but I'm about to go and switch it here as well to EAtW. sad.gif

I prefer EDS's as well. I already switched banners in my sig on a different forum and have been holding off here waiting for something to be said, but I'm about to go and switch it here as well to EAtW. sad.gif

Wheres the difference? EATW offers a style for the banners that looks exaclty the same like the EDS banner: user posted image

I was wondering if it would be possible to add to the Interesting Codes list. I noticed "bald" is not on the list... and well, I think it should be. My "BAGS" shows up in my interesting codes, but not "bald" ... perhaps bald is not interesting?  huh.gif

BALD is on the list - I am certain of it, because I pulled the reference list myself. Yours is probably too far down on your scroll to be picked up, since EDS is now only looking at the first 200 dragons on your scroll.

This is a problem for me, as EDS's checker is how the record for most word codes had been checked for the book of DC records. I hope this can be fixed. sad.gif

EDIT: I checked your scroll and I see that you have fewer than 200 dragons, however, you also do not have a dragon with that code. Your dragon's code is baId, with an I.

Edited by tiktokism