hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

Drat. The inbred checker isn't giving me as long of a list as it use to. Seems to be stopping at seven which makes my search for the most inbred dragon more difficult but I'm thrilled that everything is working and the ER is a great addition. Thanks so much. cool.gif

Drat. The inbred checker isn't giving me as long of a list as it use to. Seems to be stopping at seven which makes my search for the most inbred dragon more difficult but I'm thrilled that everything is working and the ER is a great addition. Thanks so much. cool.gif

Can you give me an example of one that you would have expected a longer list for?

Can you give me an example of one that you would have expected a longer list for?

When I ran this one through before I ended up with over 200 cases of inbreeding. (W2OB) Now she's showing seven. I'm sure that there could have been an error previously but the correct number seems to be a little extreme. I admit that I haven't checked her by hand yet though so seven might be correct.

Edit: Quick glance over the lineage already came up with a dozen cases.

Edited by Sir Barton

bX9U - used to have about 250 cases on inbreeding and now only has 3.

Since the API gives back the complete lineage...

Actually, as best I can tell, it only gives 13 generations (14 if you count the parent_m/f info for gen 13), not the complete lineage. I just checked that again in case there was an update I missed, and it still cuts off -- though I thought it was at 12, not 13, before, so either I miscounted the first time, or there was a change... Just not to giving the complete lineage.

Yay for fixes being made, though! Working properly is much better!

As for the inbreeding number differences people are seeing:

Previously, if clean-lined mother and clean-lined father produced a clean-lined son, and then mother bred with son, EDS would list all dragons that showed up more than once -- which amounted to the entire lineage. Is it perhaps only showing the point where the inbreeding actually happened, now? So it's showing only the son, in this example, as an inbred case, rather than son+ancestors?

Thanks. I've made some progress in fixing these issues - the result set is larger now - but I also have an API question out to TJ right now about a quirk in the lineage request.

EDIT: bbik, that was (half) my problem - I thought I was getting full lineage when I really only got a subset. Having to recursively query the edges again.

EDIT2: a blog post and a hint to the future of EDS. http://nwserver.webhop.org/?p=32

Edited by hornpipe2

A long-standing feature is here:

MANAGE INDIVIDUAL ITEMS!

The old "remove scroll" tool is gone, replaced with a scroll management utility that lets users pull individual items back out of the mix. In this way EDS remains the fastest hatchery for most users (fewest actions to get a scroll into the pot). Taking them back out is for power users and is thus a little more hidden.

Edited by hornpipe2

Nice change. I like being able to remove certain eggs/hatchies from my entry.

I like the new Manage Scroll. Thanks!

Thanks for the bug report. It was the Leetle Tree, plus a cache issue. The numbers are right now.

Meanwhile:

Inbred Check is fixed!

Since the API gives back the complete lineage, there is no need for the Extended Check any more. All checks are Extended checks.

Remember, just put in your comma-separated list of IDs. Each will be checked and individually reported. If all pass validation, the potential offspring are checked.

EDIT: Scroll Stats are fixed too! (and now with a count of cave-born items) I think that covers all the bug-fixing that needs to happen. I can start working on new features from here, unless anyone uncovers an issue.

Thanks Greg. Gonna try this out.

Just wanted to come by and say thanks again for repairing the inbred checker... Last night I bred an egg and checked it afterward. EDS showed the egg to be inbred and EAW did not! Upon visually checking I found of course that EDS was correct.

SO glad you're back!

Can you send me a PN with that egg? I need to check why EATW told you it was not inbred.

EDIT: Nevermind. The EATW inbreed checker is fixed again. Accidently broke it while developing the breedingpreview.

Edited by Ext3h

Im getting this message when i try to inbred check my new hatchling

PARSE ERROR: Dragon Cave reported a fatal error for QXWR, type 6. If this persists, please post a bug report here.

VALIDATION PASSED: eiip has no inbreeding in its lineage.

So, is it inbred or not?

Here is the code if you want to check for yourself eiip

Im getting this message when i try to inbred check my new hatchling

PARSE ERROR: Dragon Cave reported a fatal error for QXWR, type 6. If this persists, please post a bug report here.

VALIDATION PASSED: eiip has no inbreeding in its lineage.

So, is it inbred or not?

Here is the code if you want to check for yourself eiip

ValleySherwood shows it as inbred sad.gif

It is "7 or more generations" and

The following dragons appear more than once in this lineage:

2lYL  IhWi 

- and that's just to 7th gen.

Yours is 21st gen, so.... there may be more !

Just FYI !

ETA - OH ! QXWR was killed on Hallowe'en. I THINK it may even be a zombie as you can click on the link, and it still has a name. Does the thing fall over at zombies maybe ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

Reasonably certain the problem is that I made a lineage request for a dead dragon with no parents. I've decided to ignore the bug for now. A test for 'eppi' now shows at least 6 dupes in the line.

The inbred checker just caught inbreeding thin the first generation of a 15th gen stone for me. It wasn't even visible in the lineage.

Thank you also for fixing the problem with dead eggs getting dropped into the soup. I killed one with a vampire bite yesterday, and it didn't go in. smile.gif Excellent job fixing your site, hornpipe2! smile.gif

Love to see all the fixes and new features. The Manage Scroll option took me by surprise, for a minute I thought I broke EDS! wink.gif Thanks, Greg! smile.gif

Quick question, I just noticed that my scroll stats bar says "status unknown"... Is that normal?

Thanks - Lady A.

Quick question, I just noticed that my scroll stats bar says "status unknown"... Is that normal?

Thanks - Lady A.

I get that sometimes when I have something hidden, so yeah, I think it is normal.

Yes, it is: the API doesn't report if a hidden item is an egg or a hatchling, so EDS will try different combinations to figure out if your scroll is locked or not. But if you have e.g. 3 eggs 0 hatchlings and one hidden, your scroll could be locked or unlocked depending on if that fog cloud is an egg or a hatchling.

In cases like that EDS will report your scroll as "status unknown".

Okay, I've made a change to the index page that has potential to affect some of my users - because it relies on my (very poor) understanding of Javascript.

You can now change the number of dragons shown on the page (minimum 15), and the minimum interval between page refresh (minimum 15 seconds). These values are stored in a cookie and preserved between page reloads (up to 30 days between visits), so you can configure them for the computer you're using and they should stick permanently.

Turn these values up at your discretion to the point where dragons _just_ finish displaying before the page reloads, in order to maximize the views you can give at one time. Faster refreshes (as opposed to more dragons at once) tends to favor the ER dragons, but strains the server a tiny bit more.

That's nice. I have been wanting a shorter refresh time. smile.gif I just set it to 15 seconds/75 dragons and it works very well.

I keep getting this message when I try to add my scroll:

Notification Area [X] Close

An error occurred when servicing your request:

An HTTP error occured... please try again later.

Is it because of the size of my scroll or something? I don't need to use EDS, my eggs/hatchies can survive. I was just curious about the message, as I have gotten it for a couple of days.

I keep getting this message when I try to add my scroll:

Is it because of the size of my scroll or something? I don't need to use EDS, my eggs/hatchies can survive. I was just curious about the message, as I have gotten it for a couple of days.

Well, I don't; I just tried and it was fine - which suggests some kind of cache or cookie thing - try another browser ? Try clearing your cache ? (I have 340+ dragons + eggs and hatchies; I didn't think to look at your numbers.)

EEEK now I did. Hm. Maybe...

Edited by fuzzbucket