hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

Thanks for the tip, didn't realize there were any non-JS users out there.

Try it now.

Not even a message anymore, the soup's still gone. I can enter my own dragons, but that feels like I'm cheating ...

I guess no one has been available to fix the inbred checker. I have tried another one I just caught . It listed 8 dragons listed mulitible times, however one of the ones I saw was not listed on the checker. There's no telling how many eggs being dumped for false information. I really like having the ability to check my eggs but not if the information is incorrect. The linage for this one is http://dragcave.net/lineage/aNAi The name of the one I saw not listed is Nadia Dietrich (Frill) There maybe more but I didn't check to see.

Edited by DeathDymin

Well there IS always the one on allure.... before you drop one !

But interestingly EATW comes up with just 8, too - so it could be the cave data that has the issue ? as nadia (ff69) is missing there as well.

Looks to me like it's showing the dragon that caused the inbreeding in each case, rather than the dragon and all its ancestors. Which seems like a reasonably enough way to do it to me -- obviously if a dragon is there twice, all its ancestors are as well.

Usually you do get ALL the dragons in question, in my experience....

Well in either case , it now has confused me completely. I bred my dragon cv9H with 132 dragons appear multiple times to my dragon cv9H with 3 dragons appear multiple times and got one Pd6k with 8 dragons appear multiple times.

Either way you figure it thats does not come out right. I keep trying to check if it's fixed because I believe my dragon cv9H is a record, having 132 diffrent dragons inbred not just 132 instances of inbreeding. So far at least 10 of them appear more than 2 times, But now I am totally confused with the info I have gotten.

PS where is this other site EATW, Please and Thank you

Edited by DeathDymin

Well - I just ran your cv9H through and it says 132 dragons appear multiple times.

Isn't that exactly what you say is the case ? 132 different dragons ? and Pd6k doesn't work out right because one of the dragons (wOwf) cannot be found - so that might have a dead dragon in there cutting off the lineage. EATW can't find that dragon either.

ETA EATW is here. But it doesn't go as far back as Egg Drop Soup..

Edited by fuzzbucket

Thanks for running it for me. It couldn't be because of a dead dragon because it should at least count the 132 from cv9H, even if the NsSh does break off it still should count the 3 that shows up for her check. I hope I am making sense, cause I feel real confused.

...one of the dragons (wOwf) cannot be found - so that might have a dead dragon in there cutting off the lineage.

It looks like wOwf used to be someone's mother, and the API still reports it as such, despite that it's been cleared out of DC's database by now. When a dragon is gone, it's supposed to give a different message in the API to show that, so I'm not sure why it isn't here. But that's certainly a possible crash-point for the script. I'm not sure why that would cause it to crash for one dragon, but not another, though. Nor can I explain the discrepant numbers between the three dragons. 132 unrelated cases of inbreeding seems extraordinarily high for my previous theory, too, so... No idea. I guess we'll have to wait for hornpipe to chime in and let us know what's going on.

Thanks for running it for me. It couldn't be because of a dead dragon because it should at least count the 132 from cv9H, even if the NsSh does break off it still should count the 3 that shows up for her check. I hope I am making sense, cause I feel real confused.

It does count the 132. (which, bbik, is what DeathDymin is saying - there ARE 132 dragons involved and as this may be a RECORD, DeathDymin wants to be able to prove it - I think...)

Edited by fuzzbucket

Yes fuzz- thats what I want to do. Also if it is a record then by breeding it with another inbred dragon it should increase the record, not decreaseit, like it did with this one Pd6k

Yes fuzz- thats what I want to do. Also if it is a record then by breeding it with another inbred dragon it should increase the record, not decreaseit, like it did with this one Pd6k

OH ! I hadn't registered THAT.... WEIRD.

Hello,

I can't add my scroll, and haven't been able for a while. Is this fixable?

Scroll name: Saartje

It's you, I think; I just added you with no trouble; - though first I had a space at the end and got an error, if that could be the problem

Now I will remove you again....

OH. But how odd. It says you have nothing up there, when I went to remove you - but I see you have SO....

I am sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean the Tools, for showing my scroll stats. The fact that you can add it but that it doesnt display any of my dragons proves that it somehow cant read it..

What to do?

I am sorry, I wasn't clear. I mean the Tools, for showing my scroll stats. The fact that you can add it but that it doesnt display any of my dragons proves that it somehow cant read it..

What to do?

WELL - they show up OK on EATW so you could use that for now ? That really is odd, though - why would one site that can see most of us not see you when others can....

blink.gif You DO have rather a lot - over 1500... could that possibly....

Edited by fuzzbucket

That really is odd, though - why would one site that can see most of us not see you when others can....

There are three ways for sites to access DC's API info. The main way no longer works for large scrolls (800+), but the other two are supposed to. My best guess is that one of those options must also have a limit (somewhere between 1315 and 1514?), and that's what EDS (and AoND) uses, while perhaps EATW uses the third option? Though that gets rather obnoxious if that's the case, having to use all these backup options... dry.gif

Scratch that. Just found another scroll with even more dragons, and it seems to work fine still. I have no idea what the matter is. Saartje has a special scroll! rolleyes.gif

In any case, the scroll-add doesn't work either, fuzzbucket. It gives an error, just like the tools page. And that part at least makes sense, since presumably the same request should have the same result.

When I added it in the first place, it said "scroll add complete" - just as it does for mine.... I got the error later, when I tried to remove it and it said there was nothing there. Just so hornpipe knows, if trying to fix !

When I added it in the first place, it said "scroll add complete" - just as it does for mine.... I got the error later, when I tried to remove it and it said there was nothing there. Just so hornpipe knows, if trying to fix !

It says that first, but then it redirects you back to the main page (only if you have javascript on), and that's where it gives the error. It took me forever to notice that my scroll wasn't being added when there were the problems after the downtime because of that redirect-delay and the positive message pre-redirect.

It says that first, but then it redirects you back to the main page (only if you have javascript on), and that's where it gives the error. It took me forever to notice that my scroll wasn't being added when there were the problems after the downtime because of that redirect-delay and the positive message pre-redirect.

Ah. My java is usually off. So that figures !

Well thanks all for confirming my words. I hope it gets fixed, I liked seeing my scroll stats on EDS..

I still get this message.

An HTTP error occurred when retrieving the Dragon Cave response. This can happen in times of high traffic. Please try your query again. If the problem persists, leave a bug report on the forum thread.

We have to go back... back to the toolbox!

I tried my nephew's small scroll, and his works. It's just mine that doesn't.

When I try to get my scroll stats, I get the above message.

When I try to add my scroll, I get this message:

Notification Area

An error occurred when servicing your request:

An HTTP error occured... please try again later.

I have a rather large scroll (over 2,000).

It isn't a big deal that I can't use EDS. I like the site, but I still have other options open to me. When I am scroll-sitting for my nephews, I like to use EDS for their scrolls. I really like the "List of Interesting Codes" feature.

I think the problem will be that as more and more people get more dragons, there will be an increasing amount of scrolls that will not work on some of the fansites.

Here is a good one for you:

I just added my scroll. I wanted one item NOT up there so I went to manage it. It came up with a list of what (allegedly) I have up there. One was a stone egg instead of my nice red hatchie. Alarmed I ran to my scroll - no, no stone egg. Oh well, image glitch I thought. Clicked on the eggy on EDS. WTF - it does indeed go to a stone egg belonging to someone else. When I look more closely - there is a capital letter on mine where it it is lower case on that stone egg. My scroll is on two other fan sites and both show it correctly as the hatchie it is.

COULD the problem be that EDS is reading some out of date data somehow ?

ETA odder yet, on the main page (I am into creative fogging and hatching to clear myself for a trade so I am there a lot just now !) when I add my scroll - it is fine, showing the hatchie. It is only when I then go to "manage scroll" that the stone still shows up...

Edited by fuzzbucket

... there is a capital letter on mine where it it is lower case on that stone egg...

Oops, I'd meant to post this myself, a while ago. I had the same problem with a couple of my dragons, recently. It looks like the EDS database isn't case-sensitive, but DC's dragon codes are. Which means, if someone else adds a dragon which has the same (case-insensitive) code, that dragon shows up in your listing as well, rather than your different-caps dragon being added.