hornpipe2

Egg Drop Soup

I am severely missing the inbred checker.

Another problem that no one else seems to have mentioned.

I sort my eggs and hatchlings into my scroll rather than having them sit at the top, because I like them to be by the lineage they are part of or are going to be part of. Because none of my eggs or hatchlings are in my first 200 dragons, I can't even add them to the site to get views. It doesn't recognize there as being any on my scroll.

Nice to know that I'm not the only one with EDS looking at the first 200 dragons cool.gif

I think it started when TJ added the feature to have multiple scroll pages.

Hmm... It appears as though the issue has already been rather well cataloged, but I will add my voice into the chorus and say that the Scroll Statistics function only recognizes the first 200 dragons on my scroll.

Fantastic idea, I just added my scroll to the list, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the results. Thanks!

I have reluctantly changed my stats banner to one from another site. I really hope this one gets fixed.

Hmm... It appears as though the issue has already been rather well cataloged, but I will add my voice into the chorus and say that the Scroll Statistics function only recognizes the first 200 dragons on my scroll.

I noticed that too. It was kind of confusing me because I know I have a lot more dragons than that. Is there any hope that it will be fixed any time soon or is that something we are just going to have to live with (and also find a different banner site to support)?

hornpipe2 (admin of EDS) is inactive in the forums since july 2010 so i doubt this bug will be fixed in the near future.

hornpipe2 (admin of EDS) is inactive in the forums since july 2010 so i doubt this bug will be fixed in the near future.

I tried sending an email to the address in his profile. No response, yet.

Edited by purplehaze

A few things were recently changed on the site, and other problems have been fixed since July, even without a post in the thread to announce it. So it is entirely plausible that it will be fixed again.

It's the season of holiday madness right now. It's entirely possible hornpipe is simply too busy to jump on it to fix it right away. Give things time to calm down again, before spreading panic and disappointment.

Ummm..I'm late in asking this but can anyone tell me why Egg Drop Soup stats have gone from being correct to incorrect? It happened a while ago and I haven't had a chance to ask the reason for it. I went from having (by stats) almost 360 dragons to 200 where it's been stuck ever since. Any chance this glitch will be fixed soon?

Oops ninja.gif 'd big time. I do hope they can fix this soon.

Edited by Misha

Well that kind of... Sucks. I kind of miss the simplicity of EDS's banner. I wonder if TJ will make it possible for normal people to make their own banners without having to go through a external site.

I wonder if I could...

*ponders this*

I love the EDS banner, it's fantastic, but now I had to delete it from my sig until it's fixed because I don't want it to display the wrong number of dragons on my scroll.

Since it's for free I don't have any right to complain or make demands of course, but I can say that I'd be incredibly happy if the error was fixed. smile.gif

ETA: Changed to banner from EATW since the classic/simple version looks exactly like the one from EDS did

Edited by Arlessiar

lol, just noticed that if an egg or a hatchie is put behind 200 dragons/creatures, it can't be added to EDS now... that's a way good to solve the problem that EDS can't choose what creature to add or not biggrin.gif

How do you fix the banners to show past 200?

*edit nvm. did the EATW banner and fixed it

Edited by Erob13

How do you fix the banners to show past 200?

*edit nvm. did the EATW banner and fixed it

But I would still like to know why Egg Drop Soup banners can't show past 200; I was using EATW anyway- but ran one as a test, and sure enough, gave myself a heart attack. Cause can help with solution..... I thought it might have been the new option to show different numbers on your scroll that jinxed it ?

But I would still like to know why Egg Drop Soup banners can't show past 200; I was using EATW anyway- but ran one as a test, and sure enough, gave myself a heart attack. Cause can help with solution..... I thought it might have been the new option to show different numbers on your scroll that jinxed it ?

The default logged-out number seems to be 200 per page (why logged out and logged in have slightly different defaults, I don't know), which is where EDS is getting the 200 from.  And it's a site-wide problem, too, not just with the stats page.  The "soup" part also only gets the first 200 dragons, so anyone with growing dragons sorted by breed or by some other method which has them spread through the scroll, rather than all grouped at the top, will only get some of them added.

BUT see - before the change was made, all one's dragons showed up; the count was correct.

Now they won't even if you DO set your scroll to show all of them on one page. That's what I don't get.

...even if you DO set...

What you see is not what EDS sees. EDS is not logged into your scroll. EDS is not logged into any scroll (it's a website, not a person), so what it sees is the default logged-out number -- 200 now that we have pages, unlimited before we had pages.

What you see is not what EDS sees. EDS is not logged into your scroll. EDS is not logged into any scroll (it's a website, not a person), so what it sees is the default logged-out number -- 200 now that we have pages, unlimited before we had pages.

Oh. OK. Fair enough sad.gif I always liked the EATW banners best anyway !