picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

(Forehead slap* I've forgotten her name)

Turning her gaze upon them she shook her head. Gazing at the city for a moment, she streached her wings out gently. Folding them once more she began her reply.

"I have no family and no...I do not have a mate as of yet. If I leave my territory for too long then a young dragon will steal it and I will be homeless."

Shadow watched Rika make her way towards him. He wasn't sure why, but he went quiet unsure what to say or do. When she started to button up his shirt, Shadow busted out laughing. "What, you want me to look modest out in the open?" Shadow followed her to the door and reached around her, opening the door. "Ladies first ma'am." When Rika exited the room, Shadow followed, closing and locking the door behind him. He quickly caught up to Rika and fell into step with her. "Well if that is the case, do you want to go see if we could help out any? Or we can ignore the war and go back to your place to see how many people Albel has beat up while we were gone.

Kyl chuckled. "Any leather you may wear is made from a dead thing, and most cloths are made from plants, which are killed. So unless you want to run around nude, you will always wear a dead thing." Kyl walked after Kai and lifted an eyebrow at her comment. "Zombies huh? Is there a necromancer near by?"

((I believe it was Allyusa))

"I believe we'll have to help at some point. But it hasnt even started yet so no help is needed. That's all training over there" Rika brandished her hand towards the crowds woven together in areas. She looked over and saw a familar person. Arumat had a traveling cloak draped over himself from the weather, but she knew the face. "I know them... eh?" Meracle and Akuma emerged from the building, as well as another she didn't know. "Been a while there" she felt a bit awkward. Rika walked towards them.

Akuma sniffed quietly in the cold air. A particular scent turned his head to Rika as she approached. His simple frown didn't change. "Oh look here, one of Albel's squeezes" Meracle cocked and eyebrow at her. Faze stood at the back, watching curiously. "You here for the war?" Rika asked. Meracle shook her head, "Not right now. This one just joined the hunting guild. Too bad not much is going on though because of the war" she patted Akuma on the head. Arumat cast a sideways glance at Meracle as Akuma grumbled.

Kai laced her hands behind her head, "Oh no, nothing so dreary as that. I mean zombie dragons. Quite natural here... not hard to believe in the magic world. But hard to kill none the less seeing as they're already dead" she frowned. "And the smell" she sniggered to herself. The dragging noise faded off in another direction.

Tick and Twick nodded at her, "Well yes that is understandable. Not that you couldnt reside here though worse come to worse" they laughed together. "So Allyusa, where do you live? Can you tell from here?" they asked.

(Ah yep that sounds right)

Allusya fowned, and shook her head.

"Sadly no. I wnder if it is even possible to find my home again." She gazed around, looking at the surounding place. Taking a seat for a moment, she seemed to be looking for something. After a few moments she turned back to the two brothers.

"What do you get out of helping me?"

"Well the last war I ended up being scared and almost killed by zombies. I don't even want to think about a war with a living dragon will be like." Shadow looked off to the side now regretting the fact that he didn't have that one girl, who was it? Mi.. Mir.. Miranda? Maybe, not that it mattered, he just wished he had her call the white dragon to heal him. It was then that Rika said something about knowing the people that were leaving a building. There were four of them. One he vaguely recognized as a hybrid he met so long ago, the others he has never met before. Shadow sighed, unsure what to say or do in this case.

Kyl looked off to the side unsure how to respond. Zombie dragons, hell, just dragons sounded bad to him, but ZOMBIE dragons is just horrid. Kyl chuckled at her comment about the smell and could hear the sound disappear behind them. Kyl took a quick step and swept Kai up. "I think that this walk is getting a bit repetitive don't you? How about we spice it up a bit?" Kyl winked and kissed her lightly.

The twins looked at each other and then back to her, laughing. "Why the favor of a pretty lady" "And that's much better than the disfavor of Overseer's chores" they echoed, nodding at each other. "So what do you want to do about that then? Can you smell it or would you rather move?" they paused for a moment, "Nice to be some place you can remember, right?"

"Oh I see. We're just..." Rika trailed off. Aside from the initial cause, she didn't know what to do here. She cleared her throat, "You guys going to do something? We're looking for activities..." Meracle folded her arms, "Well we are indeed looking for something. I would say some fun sparring but this one gets a little to nippy" she nodded at Akuma. The hybrid smirked slightly. "Oh um... this is Shadow" she pulled him forward. Meracle reached forward and ruffled his hair, "I think I met you before, scruffy" she grinned and turned to the others, "That's Akuma, Arumat, and my dearest little Ayos" (WHY DO THEY ALL START WITH "A"????) she pointed around. "Faze, thanks" the thief muttered from the back.

Kai laughed at Kyl's impatience, "Silly, it's only boring because I'm trying not to get us killed" she cocked an eyebrow at him as he kissed her. "I dont think we can do that in the middle of a murderous forest" a shadow from a tree nearby moved. It seemed to be stretching away, as if tearing itself from the tree. The shadow snapped away in a oval that crawled across the ground. Kai glanced back at the movement and flinched. She fumbled around for her claws, slipping them on. "Err... zombie?" she muttered questionably. The shadow darkened and two enormous claws emerged, digging into the ground. A massive head and neck pulled itself up, being at least 5 feet wide. It's eyes were sunken holes and the shadow around it billowed up like smoke. Old swords and staffs alike protruded from its neck where others had once stabbed it to death.

Ayos sighed when the manager said there wouldn't be compatitions for a while. However it still seemed like a fun idea to join. "That's too bad but sign me up anyways. I think I can get into this." He may have brought Akuma here to meet people and have fun but he probably ended up having more fun than Akuma. Although he did shoot Faze a wicked glare as the kid brought up the topic of rewards. He hadn't forgotten the boy's little trick. "You shouldn't be so interested. You're not part of the guild." He said with a cautioning tone.

Ayos followed the group outside when Akuma and Meracle pointed out Rika and her friend Shadow. Once he was introduced he gave a nod to Rika and Shadow. "Hi." He said warmly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Is that so?" Gal said still holding onto Laura's neck. He let go and sat down properly beside her. "I'm glad we have this peace now. Although having time to kill feels kind of strange you know?" He said thinking back on how active they used to be. For him there was always a new place to go to or a new area to explore...or a war to fight and abominations to create. "But this beats running around all the time." He said smiling to Laura. "Although how much longer until we become a new kind of busy is anyones guess." he said nodding towards Laura's side and meaning her belly. He seemed excited about the thought of children.

"Magic?" Kylie asked. Then Sapphire answered that Atlas had taught her the metal-melting spell. "So everybody's learning how to fight or use magic. When are we getting taught?" Danielle asked. "Danielle, we learned how to fight while Aunt Atlas had been out destroying humans and avenging mom. What more could we learn?" Kylie asked. Fakoo had been the sisters' teacher in Atlas's absence. "Yeah, we'll be good enough to fight for the horde some day," said Tezca. "I can't wait to kill those evil humans and become a hero!" said Androcles. Atlas made a small smile at the hatchlings wanting to be heroes, but on the inside she didn't want them to make the same mistake she did by making the dragon sympathizers pay in blood for what the majority of the human race did. They needed to learn and tell good people from the bad. "Yes, you both will be heroes one day," Atlas said. 'Aquarian-like heroes I hope, not Firestorm heroes,' she thought. She needed to try and talk to Malice soon and maybe convince the rest of her family that not all humans are evil.

"This is it, everyone. Let's finish it off!" Aeolus said. As everybody closed in around the pig monster, the creature puffed out foul fumes from its red nub-like pours. Everybody coughed and covered their noses until Aeolus blew away the smoke with his wind-blowing flapping wings. The smell of the fumes was gone, but the pig monster had escaped while everybody was distracted. "Hey, it's gone!" said one of the dragons.

Edited by Red Dragonette

"What? Aww, great. That walking piece of smelling porkchop outsmarted us all!" - said Steve, putting his pickaxe back on his belt. - "Well, at least we have dealt with these guys." - he pointed at the defeated monsters. Then he noticed Richard, who was barely walking on his feet, and rushed to him. "Hey, Rich, are you ok?" - he asked, helping the boy. The latter just gave a thmbs up and shook his head, while trying to free from Steve's grasp, but the miner held him tightly. "Easy there, kid, you can't walk on your own with THAT leg condition." - he said.

"They will recognize me. - responded Rina. Suddenly she got close to Tackeron, but this time she was concerned - In fact, Tackeron, I want to give you an advice about my clan: since you have interacted with humans, they will recognize you as a symphatizer and refuse to speak with you, with the exception of some dragons. Since you are with me, you won't be treated that harshly, but you will be still a stranger for them. That means you are not allowed to speak to them, unless, like I said earlier, there is an exception, or they are the first ones to speak to you. Have you memorized what I said?" - she asked.

Laura yawhned. "I do not know, I've never been a mother before after all. Another dragom may know."

Allusya frowned, but was supprised they had called her pretty. When they returned her attention to her problem she simply sighed.

"That, I do not know."

"Sounds like your clan is less than fond of humans. I'll keep that in mind thanks." Tackeron said with all seriousness but he still doubted they would find anyone out here. "Yeah, it's etched onto my brain." He said with good humour. He resumed scanning the ground for any signs of anyone else out here. The electric dragon wasn't expecting much though, making his flight patter leisurly and causing him to lower his guard.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maybe...ah well we'll find out in good time." He said glancing over to the vualt door. He hadn't bothered fixing it since the empiricon invaded his home. The the tomes inside gone and used up there wasn't a need, although it looked rather ugly with the door hanging ajar. "I'll have to fix that at some point." he muttered to himself. "Say have you thought of any names yet?" He asked her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment Malice was quite as he spoke to Redfire. "No we just want to establish a Command center for now. Once a solid and defendable base has been established you can start with the attacks. Keep in mind that while we will be holding back most of our force this is an invasion and should be treated as one from our end. That means destroy whatever you can't capture and no human prisoners or hosteges. We want to purge them so there's no point in keeping any alive. Avoide conflict with other dragons as much as possible. We don't need to kill or capture our own kind if it can be avoided. So long as they don't interfere there is no need to attack them." He said to Redfire. The others may not be thinking much of him but Malice did have rules he played by even if the Aquarions said they were foes in Malice's eyes the Aquarions were just misguided...albeit hugely so but misguided none-the-less.

"You'll be taught more when the need arises Danielle." He said placing a gentle paw on her head for a moment. As Tezca and Androcles proclaimed their desires to fight for the horde and become dragon heros. Sapphire seemed less enthusiastic about the horde. She didn't say anything right away but anyone who was paying attention would notice a sad look come across her face for a moment as Androclese talked about killing the humans. After meeting Nick and Chase she wasn't so sure about her father's ideals. She sat quietly as they talked until. "I don't think all humans are bad though..." She trailed off unable to come up with an argument to support what she just said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

((It is still winter right?))

"You weren't kidding about that Anti-THEM vibe in this town bossman. Still no one seems to have details on the group itself." Earl said as he and brian sat by the fountain in town square eating ice cream. the pair enjoyed the sweet treat all year round unlike most other people they knew. "That's probably because we're asking the wrong kind of people. I mean we are plucking random citizens from the street, and asking about an evil organization or for directions to anyone who might know about said organization while simultaniously not telling them why we want to know isn't exactly a fantastic ice-breaker." "Yeah and who's fualt is that?" "Do you have a better plan?" "Could ask the dead people maybe they know something." Earl said blatently, like such an idea was so obviouse. "We are not invading the cemetaries so that you can mess around with the dearly departed. We want these people to like us, I don't want more police dragging you back home by the scruff of your neck." Brian said shooting the necromancewr a wicked glare.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Kyl smiled and cocked an eyebrow at Kai's assumption after he kissed her. "I wasn't thinking of doing that while in a forest. So now who is the impa--" Kyl saw her slip on her claws and went silent, putting her down before turning. He grumbled at the fact that he had left all but his sword at the house, not thinking they would run into trouble. Of course trouble had to run into them. He watched the, dragon? Come out of the shadow its skin rotting away. Kyl shook his head as one of the many swords and other weapons fell out of its neck to the ground and broke. Kyl kneeled down and put his hand on the ground and sent a pointed pillar from the ground straight up towards the bottom of the dragons head.

Shadow was staring off another direction watching a group of dragons and humans spar together. He was quite amused and yet impressed with how well the humans worked with the dragons and vice versa. He remembered working with dragons once and almost getting stepped on a couple of times. It was then that Rika grabbed his arm and pulled him next to her. And not long after that he could feel the familiar looking hybrid ruffling his hair. Shadow swatted at her hand, not enjoying the feeling of it in his hair and frowned. "I am not scruffy. And yes, back when I was with Gal and that one girl with the blonde hair." Shadow eyed each one as Meracle listed them off and smiled when she forgot the one named Faze. "I am cool with sparring. I'll even take on the one that gets to 'nippy'"

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

((Yar it is))

Kai watched amused as Kyl sent a pillar at the zombie dragon. "These ones are particularly weird. No one knows if they got an actual body under the ground because they have this habit of dissolving after..." the pillar striked the dragon, snapping it head off it's hinges sideways with a sickening crunch. The dragon dragged itself to the side with its claws as its head dangled. The head snapped itself back into place. "Oh what was it..." Kai murmured. "These require a very specific routine. Not very fast or smart. But they'll just keep following. Kind of creepy if anything" it shot out a black bubbling muck from its mouth. The muck kept a gooey form as Kai moved out of the way. It wrapped itself around a log behind her and retracted it to its mouth. The log snapped in two with ease. "Then again..." Kai put her claws away and weaved around up a near hill. She returned a moment later, chased by a vine bear. The zombie dragon shot out again and the goo latched onto the bear. The beast roared in protest but was reeled in by the goo. The dragon looked somewhat like a snake, slowly gulping it down and faded back to the shadows. Kai dusted her hands, "A good snack drives them off too. Much easier"

Meracle smiled at Shadow, "That would be Minerva, toots" she tapped a finger on the side of her face as Shadow voiced he wanted to fight Akuma. "Yes, but that won't be any good for you. Humans are far too... delicate to fight hybrids. Particularly ones with poison and acid. And about as much control as..." she faltered, remembering Akuma became nervous at mention of Albel. She knew Akuma was not full grown, so not as strong, but his breath didnt need physical strength. "I'd rather not have another 'incident' so soon" Arumat interjected. Meracle clicked her tongue, "That too" Akuma frowned, "I got better" he tried to keep insults out since he was partially addressing Arumat. Meracle was sure Akuma would be bound to get a bit on Shadow, but she wasnt sure he'd be so kind as to give his anti-venom as quickly as his venom. "I'll fight you, toots. Just for kicks" she grinned at Shadow. Faze looked around from the back of the group, watching the exchange of words. Most of it confused him as he knew little of hybrids or of an incident.

"If you don't know then I suppose there's not much a choice to move?" Tic suggested. Twick pointed to some caves by the river, "Plenty of dragon spaces here in Kirlsa. I don't know if you like something higher though" the twins pondered in silence.

Danielle closed her eyes aand smiled when uncle Malice patted her head. Kylie noticed the frown on Sapphire's face and asked, "Sapphire, whaat's wrong?" The magi hatchling said that she doesn't think all humans are bad. "What do you mean not all of them are bad? They enslaved all of us before you were born and hunted us along the half-breed monsters they created," Kylie told her cousin as she was surprised to hear what Sapphire had said. "Yeah, and even the Empiricon was worse. They tried to turn all of us into undead and mindless slaves for them to use for eternity," Danielle said as she remembered a small fleet of necromancers and zombies coming to invade the island. "And they killed my parents!" Tezca growled. Androcles stepped forward to his sister and asked, "Sis, do you think there are good humans?" Atlas started to feel tense when the hatchlings questioned her daughter; it waas only a matter of time before the family was on to them. Atlas expected Sapphire to tell them that they had been visiting Nick. Doing so would now give Atlas a chance to convincel Malice that not all humans were evil and deliver Woltar's message.

Kyl leaped off to the side as the bubbling liquid came spouting out of the dragon's mouth. When the pillar struck the dragon's chin, its head was practically torn off its place upon the neck. However, before Kyl was able to do anything, Kai had left for what ever reason and the dragon had gotten its head back on its shoulders. Kyl was about to start fighting again when Kai came running back with a vine bear following her. When the dragon caught the bear, he ate it quickly before turning around and leaving the couple in peace. Kyl stood there silently unsure what to think of the fact that he suddenly wasn't going to have to fight the undead zombie. "So... Is this what you do for a zombie dragon every time? I mean why not just kill it now and that way it won't ever come back."

Shadow raised an eyebrow at Meracle. "You will fight me? Well, if you insist." Shadow stepped off away from the group, not because he was afraid, but mainly because he didn't want to drag Rika and the other hybrids into this fight. Shadow removed his coat and his shirt, not wanting to lose or ruin them, he placed them next to Rika on the ground. "Well than, your move first."

"Because dearest, those particular ones have to be taken out by a certain magical strike to a particular point that I dont remember. I didn't want to fool around with that. This is a necromancer's playground really. They could take a zombie in a snap of their fingers since they're already dead. "Zombies are annoying to kill in any case. Hard to kill something that's already dead" she stretched and looked over her shoulder, "Besides. Those bears are nasty anyway. Good to control the population" she sniggered.

Meracle's finger slid down to her chin in thought as she shifted her weight onto her left side. "Something so fragile shouldn't wander around in the cold half naked. Need Ayos to warm it up?" she uttered, curious to his action. She laughed aloud at his offer, "No, I'll let you go first. Let's me adjust how easy~ to go on you" she grinned. She moved away from the group, folding her arms. She stretched her wings and folded them again. "So come on big boy. Let's see what you can do"

Laura shook her head.

"Not overly, Unless you want to name them after the weather or your spells."

Allusya frowned and shook her head.

"I do not overly care how high it is. My main preference is somewhere with plenty of deep shadows. I want to be able to blend in after all."

Kyl shook his head shrugging. "Well if that is how things are done then so be it. I was just going to flatten it under the earth. I figured that it doesn't matter how strong you are if your a good hundred feet underground." Kyl looked towards the direction of the city and frowned. "I wonder if your queen can actually hear me use my magic. If so that last bit must have been a rude wake up call." He turned and faced Kai and smiled gently, "no matter, shall we head back?"

Shadow shrugged. "The clothes slow me down, and are generally easy to grab. But if it worries you so much lets get a move on so my blood can start pumping." Shadow was of course talking about the adrenaline that your body releases. Shadow frowned when she said that he must go first. He hated going first. The initial charge with too many openings and is way to easy to read, and then having to continue attacking your opponent while trying to keep them from reading your moves. Shadow pulled out one of his blades and brought the handle down to his side, with the blade straight out. And then Shadow charged. He wasn't expecting anything from the initial charge and was kind of half assing it.

"Oh she's probably already up. She rises pretty early. Also, one does not simply bury an earthborn zombie" Kai stuffed her hands into her pockets. She looked further down the path towards the city, watching the lanterns flicker. "If you want, sure we can" Kai started to walk towards the lights that flickered through the trees. A lone doe bounced across the path and up a hill. It almost seemed charming if not for the setting. The gnarled trees sometimes seemed to have eyes, but returned normal as Kai glanced. At the edge of the town was a large tortoise, "Careful out there" it said casually in an aged voice.

Meracle did not unfold her arms as Shadow charged. She could tell he wasn't acquainted to the first move and chuckled. As he drew close, she unfolded one hand and grabbed the blade of his sword, stopping the motion. "Toots, you're gonna have to do better than that" she gave it a gentle shove back to Shadow. Meracle looked perfectly casual, having not even brought out her claws. "Showoff" Akuma grunted quietly. Arumat watched with mild interest. He was pretty sure Shadow didn't know where her weak spot was.

"Well we got some good nice ones down in the shadows of the trees" Tic and Twick said together. They pointed to the river where caves stood a little off from it. Some were hidden in the trees and brush that loomed over. "Good for relieving the heat too. Look any good?" they continued, setting their heads next to each other.

Ayos huffed, a little amused at Meracle's joke. "I go from being dearest to the local heater? How sweet." It was sarcasm the joke was actually amusing, despite the fact that he really was used for that very purpose as a slave. He watched the fight that began afterwords. Meracle didn't seem as into it as she did when they had fought although neither of them had been at it fully then either. He sat down to watch since the cold didn't faze him in the least.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't know about naming a child after spells like Animate corpse but Sundew has a certain ring to it....at least I think so." He said feeling a little embarrassed at suggesting names.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire was beginning to feel pressured as well so mush so that she felt sharing what Atlas and she had been doing would get her into trouble So she beat around the bush a bit instead. "Well you know how there are sympathizer dragons right, like the ones dad tells us about? I was thinking that maybe there are humans who are the same as those dragons...." She was practically whispering at the feeling so nervous with the entire family practically staring her down. Malice sighed, he couldn't believe these words were coming from his own daughter.

"Sure you can. You just have to put it deep enough the weight flattens it out." Kyl looked off to the side an frowned. "That would require a lot of magical energy though.. And would probably drain me of most of my energy in one spell." Kyl shrugged and followed Kai back and past the tortoise where he gave a slight nod as it spoke. "So what is next one this wonderful guide of the place?" Kyl stepped up to Kai and held her hand as they stood thinking.

Shadow smiled when she grabbed his sword. As Meracle pushed back he pushed forwards and sliced the sword through her hand at the same time. As he made that first swing, his eyes began to glow bright and then dimmed to show instead of the pupil-less dull gray eyes, they where black with what looked like a red six sided star pupil. Shadow smiled as instead of seeing her, he saw her shape and the blood flow and heat that the muscle movements cause. It was that point that Shadow pulled out his second sword and began to increase the speed of his movements. He wasn't quite at his best but he never had to be. Shadow would use the heat that he could see to judge her movements before hand and be able to dodge and counter fluently.

Looking to them and following their gaze, she slowly walked over and began poking her head into a few caves that didn't have the scent of a dragon already in them. She found a small crevice hidden behind very deep underbrush and poked her head inside and gazed around. It was actually a huge circular area with a small pool of water that was dripping in. There was a small area that looked decent for sleeping, so with a breif flick of her tail she merged with the shadows and entered the near absolute darkness and returned to her dragon form. Laying gently down on the part of the cove that looked right for sleeping, she found it decently comfy and began to make her mark on the untouched cave before heading back out the way she came in and turning to the two males.

"This cave is satisfactory."

Akuma looked over at Ayos as he complained. He smiled slightly as a small chuckle escaped through his nose. Faze grimaced as he watched Shadow's sword slash up against Meracle's hand. Meracle flexed her fingers and brandished her untarnished hand. "Mmm, that tickled" she smirked. "Got a little faster there. But it takes more still" she unfolded her wings, but kept her claws in still. "Come on then. I won't hurt you... much" she flicked her wings, sending a light gust at Shadow. Faze glances away and notices a few wealthy looking people walking by. He edges away but Arumat grabs the front of his shirt without so much as a glance. "I better not catch you again" he said in his calm voice, but with a strong sense of sternness. He released Faze, who scoffed and stood with the group again. He watched Ayos sit in the snow and shivered. He flicked his fingers, creating a small fire in his hand. he muttered continuously under his breath.

"Well if we're going back into town..." Kai looked at the town from the top of the hill. "I suppose the falls are nice. The town itself is pretty simple. Nothing big and fancy like Windfall y'know" she walked down the path. The falls were already visible. They poured into the village lake, which streamed out into a few rivers weaving through town.

The twins followed after her and waited outside the cave while she poked around. When she emerged, they laughed at her casual comment. "Well we're glad it's 'satisfactory' for you. Much easier to live here anywho" they looked at each other. "Feel at ease now?" Tic asked, "Less goal-oriented?" Twick sniggered.

(whoops forgot ENK)

Laura chuckled and nodded. "That sounds like a beautifull name."

Frowning, Allusya gazed at them. "Yes..." she trailed off, glancing behind her. Turning back to them she paused before continuing. "Are you two...single?" She mused at them, wondering.