picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

((Lol, poor Nick. Lurks so much, hardly gets to post xd.png))

Rika took Shadow's hand and let him pull her up. Rika watched the lights of Gridania grow closer. It was after all, the closest, being in the forest with them. People and dragons trekked through the snow going to and from. Small groups were training in different things for the war preparations. It was hard to believe they'd found the time to put up lights. "So where in this delightful mess would you like to go?" she asked, looking around. The base of Gridania was filled with smaller shops and houses while the larger ones were up in the stone area. "Got the lodge, bars, cafes... choices...." she buried her hands in her pockets before looking at him.

"That's because out here I'm in my natural habitat" she gave him a weirdo smile and sniggered. She headed up the path under the gnarled trees. Their branches stretched out and twisted, looking like they were ready to grab someone up in their clutches. In this place, Kai wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. "It's more like a freaky zoo if you stay in the right areas" she commented, stopping along side the vines and looking through them. A bear sat on the other side. It was made entirely from vines, it's legs coiled springs with leaves sprouting each way. The eyes glowed eerily. "Even the wildlife is cursed"

Tackeron hadn't noticed Rina close in until she was right next to him and speaking. He saw the irritation in her eys and clammed up immediately as he listened. When she backed off he sighed. "Sorry, was just a casual statement I picked up from the others." He grumbled back. He flew silently for a while keeping an eye on the ground. There was wasn't much to tell the difference between one area and another but after flying for such a periode he determeined they were in the right area now. "Alright we are here. Let's pull out of the current." he said before pulling out of the current and slowing down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire was only half listening to her cousins as they explained their excusrion to aquire the prickly pears. She was still in a bit of a sulk since she hadn't yet gotten to practice new magic but it was showing much less than when she had arrived from their trip to Rudvick. That mood didn't last though and once Atlas returned Sapphire seemed to brighten up immediatly. Although that was nothing compared to her excitement at seeing the metal ore her mother had brought for her. "Thankyou mom! thankyouthankyoluthankyou!" "What's all that about?" Malice asked having just walked into the cave now himself. Although no one needed to answer since he saw the metal ore in front of his daughter. She was already fervertly trying to make it melt using what Atlas had told her. As Sapphire huffed and puffed trying to make the metal melt with little more than sheer willpower Malice made his way over to his mate nozzled her gently. "Good to have you all back." He said quietly to Atlas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Don't get me wrong, I may be polite but I still don't fully trust you." Ayos said warningly in response to Faze. He followed with the rest of the group as Faze led the way to a hunting lodge. The little black dragon resisted the urge to nip the child for patting him on the head. He wa just glad he didn't have to worry about losing anything he possesed since he really didn't have anything.

Ayos followed the tour guide about looking everything over. It was a well set up lodge as far as he knew but there wasn't much he knew about sport hunting to go off of since he only hunted for survival. He was also glad to hear that they were taking memmbers and once the tour was over ((that was it right?)) he turned to Akuma. "What do you think?" he said cheerily to the hybrid. Personally Ayos was rather impressed with the lodge.

---------------------------------------------------------

((Hey wolves might I get a laura post for Gal happy.gif))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Laura yawhned.

"Oh welcome back Gal. I was just taking a nap."

Allusya paused, and then nodded.

"Okay, for a little while."

Edited by warewolves

Shadow shrugged as he ran. He didn't know where he was going nor did he care, in his mind if he just goes he will end up some where and as long as he was with Rika that was fine. Shadow chuckled at the small groups training. Why did he chuckle? Because he knew that he could probably beat all of them. Shadow slowed to a walk and spun around. "Well I have never been here before so what we do is up to you. We could hit up a tavern and have a couple of drinks and stay the night, or go somewhere else, its up to you."

Kyl shook his head and chuckled following Kai. He followed her to a path along the vines. When they came to the bear he stopped and stared. "That thing is really alive? It looks like a statue that some one made from the vines." Kyl chuckled and ran up to catch up to Kai. "Well we all love zoos right?" Kyl laced his hand in with Kai's and fell into her stride, matching it step for step.

((You know what? I'm going to drop Kanga as a player and make him an NPC instead. I just don't feel like playing him at all. But I'll RP with you guys on Thursday.))

Akuma looked around the lodge and then to Ayos, "Uhh... yeah" he liked it because of the quiet lack of people. The man turned and looked at them all, "So will you all be joining?" he folded his arms across his chest with a smile. Faize edged away now that he was released. "I'm not a hunter" he murmured. Akuma looked to Ayos to see what he'd say. Arumat remained silent at the back. "I'll join, sure" Meracle chirped, clasping her hands together.

Tic and Twick grinned at each other. "Then right this way Milady" they led Allyusa to the river. Tic jumped in with a splash. "Bet you're hungry after all that flyin huh?" "Got some great fish in here" they echoed. Tic pounced on an area, splashing a fish up for Twick to catch. "And lunch is served" they said in unison" the shadow walkers trotted out in symmetrical trots to her and set the fish down. "Go ahead, try some"

"Hey, wait" Rika caught up in a jog. She hooked his arm and laughed. "Stay the night huh? Skipping right to the fun parts aren't you?" she sniggered. At least here she would be free from Albel threatening to murder Shadow for the snide comment. Or any interaction for that matter. "Well there's a lodge up there. It's got rooms and a cafe. All nice" she pulled him through the snow. The lodge was of course wooden and tall. The front had long glass windows draped with colorful lights. She stepped inside and looked around. A cozy fireplace lit a sitting room and a check in desk. Stairs led to the rooms and off to the side was the cafe.

Kai nodded, "Yeah, everything here is like forestation. Though not everything is mean. Just weird" she pointed ahead to a tall figure. On closer look it was what appeared to be a walking tree with a staff. It creaked and groaned as it crossed the path, not paying them any mind. She rounded the corner of the path and tripped over something, losing Kyl's hand. Glancing back, she saw a vampire dragon in it's day-time coma state sprawled in the road. "And some really are mean" she stood up and kicked it.

"I don't know, uncle Malice. It looks like Aunt Atlas got Sapphire a gift. I don't know why she's excited about a rock, though," said Kylie. Malice walked over to Atlas and said that he was glad to have her back. "It's good to be home again," Atlas replied. Then she looked at the hatchlings and asked "So was everybody good while I was gone?" "We were learning how to fight," said Androcles who sounded like he had fun. "Is that so?" Atlas asked. Tezca said, "Yeah, we learned to stand on our hindlegs and strike with our claws. "Well that's good. Sounds like you're learning something."

Shadow winked going along with Rika. Truthfully by stay the night he only meant that he didn't feel like navigating unfamiliar woods in the dark of night, especially since he didn't have his weapons with him. When Rika started pulling him through the snow, Shadow followed obediently thinking to himself about the irony that she said he was in a hurry yet she is pulling him. When they got to the inn, Shadow looked around and just as Rika had said, it was a nice place, very cozy looking and probably way more expensive than he normally spends on a room. That being said, his rooms are normally furniture-less, full with cobwebs, and has that dungeon feel to it. Shadow made his way to the front desk, rang the bell once, and while waiting smiled at Rika. "So, cafe, fireplace or rooms?"

Kyl walked silently, his eyes shining with wonder as if he was a kid in a candy store. Kyl was falling in love with this place. It was wonderful, all the different creatures and plants, the people in the place, even the queen seemed nice enough. "And the best part, is Kai..." he muttered barely audible. It was then that Kai jerked out of his hand as she fell, and Kyl, despite himself, couldn't help but laugh. "Now Kai, lets not abuse the dragon or it may come find us at night, and I don't plan to be in the mood to fight off a dragon at that time."

"I need a fireplace right now. It's freezing out there and I'm still cold" Rika laughed and brought him over to one of the warm fires. She plopped down on the couch in front and unzipped her jacket. She shed the coat and stretched her hands out to the warm flames. "Ah... much better..." she smiled. Rika patted the spot next to her, looking at Shadow. The fire made her almost catatonic in feeling.

Kai brushed herself off and looked back at Kyl, "Yeah well, there are worse things than that over here. Like zombie dragons and such. These thing are just annoying because as soon as the sun comes up they drop KER-PLOP right in the road or wherever they feel like it" she pointed to the dragon. She moved along, walking down the path again. Kai held her hand vaguely out to the side, assuming Kyl would grab it up again.

Shadow smiled and removed his black ckyoat. He stretched silently, letting out a small yawn. Shadow was about to sit down when he realized that his shirt was also completely soaked. He sighed, removing his white shirt and put in with his coat. He sat next to Rika and smiled. "Cozy?" Shadow asked, wrapping his arm around Rika.

Kyl nodded silently at Kai's explanation. So the vampire dragons aren't the worst huh? Kyle stood still examining the dragon, and different parts of its body. It was then that he noticed that Kai didn't wait for him long.withe a quick jogw i i Kyle caught up with Kai and ihūout weshh

Rika glanced around. A few people had glanced over when Shadow started taking his shirt off. She sniggered silently at his carelessness. "Mmm" Rika uttered, looking at the fire. A few minutes later she'd snuggled against Shadow and felt toasty warm against the fire. "I forgot how nice it is to have friends" she murmured, idly letting her fingers wander over his chest. She shifted so she was laying down with her head in his lap. Her coat made a good blanket. "Man, I'm going to just fall asleep here in the lobby" she laughed. Rika never thought of the weather much before. She was so focused on hunting dragons, nothing seemed to matter. Everything seemed handled in its own way. Akuma had even volunteered to fix her Icefire issue if the dragon ever came around again. It seemed unlikely anyway. She sighed quietly at the memory.

Kai shrugged it off. She didn't really like dragons anyway. She'd never hunted them, but they always put her on edge. The end of this road led to a dock, which she walked onto and sat down. Purple water bubbled and frothed below. Her legs remained tucked up to her chest instead of dangling over as she peered determinedly into the water. "Mmm... safe" she murmured and let her feet hang down over the water. A few ravens gathered on a near tree, peering at them with unsettling glowing yellow eyes. Kai watched them uncannily before picking up a rock and throwing it to make them scatter. "Raven are extra bad around here. Don't go where there are many gathered... they got this one thing they like to do..." she frowned. Kai rubbed the top of her head and paused when she realized she forgot her hat. She grumbled to herself.

Shadow, when taking off his shirt, wasn't paying any attention to the other guests, which caused him great confusion as to why Rika made a face almost like she was laughing. It wasn't long after Shadow sat down that Rika leaned up against him. Shadow wrapped his arm around her, holding her close, enjoying the warmth. soon after, Rika decided to lay down, which he was ok with. Shadow laid his hand on Rika's, arm and slowly, ran his hand down her arm to her hand, while barely touching her arm. He then clasped her hand and leaned back against the back of the couch. "You know, it is pretty comfy." Shadow chuckled at her next comment. "Don't do that, I already got a room, if your going to fall asleep, lets go there."

Kyl walked beside Kai silently, busy staring at the odd and exciting creatures to talk, he was however holding her hand, wanting to let her know that he hasn't forgotten about her. When they reached the dock, Kyl raised an eyebrow. "What an interesting.. dock. Well the dock isn't interesting per say, it is the purple... water?" Kyl shrugged and followed Kai, sitting next to her made him seem over-joyed, which in a way he was. Kyl watched the ravens and smiled. "you know Kai, everyday is interesting with you." Kyl also decided to lean over and Kiss Kai.

Rika reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck as she scooted back to sit in his lap. "You're pretty comfy too" she wiggled in place slightly to emphasize the point. "Ok then, my prince. Carry me" she laughed, kissing his cheek. She picked her coat up with one hand and placed it in her lap. "Ready" she smiled.

Kai nodded as he guessed if it was water. She paused and looked over at Kyl, "Well I suppose so. I'm a thief. So things can get interesting. Also, here... everything is interesting on its own. Usually in a bad way... but still" she watched the scattering birds. She leaned forward slightly so she could see his face better. "You're interesting on your own. Fun too if I do say so myself" she tapped her fingers idly on his leg. She laid back on the dock, lacing her hands behind her head.

Shadow snickered slightly. He pulled Rika close and gave her a slight kiss. "But I am so comfy right here. What is the rush?" Of course, despite saying this, he stood, after grabbing his jacket and shirt and putting them in Rika's lap. While Shadow carried her, he decided that he would slowly tickle the underside of Rika's led. Of course, he wasn't really tickling as you would think. He was more or less softly running his fingers in number 8 formations. Shadow made his way up the stair and to the room. He opened the door, leading to a fairly ok sized room with a chair, desk, window, and a bed. Shadow chuckled, "well seems like there is only one bed, what should we do about that?" Shadow winked and brought her to the bed sitting her down on the side of it.

Kyl smiled. Well whether they all be interesting or not, the most interesting thing here is the beauty that stole my heart, and to do that you got to be a pretty good thief. Kyl laid back on the dock next to Kai and chuckled. you know, I never thought I would enjoy looking at a fake sky so much as I do now."

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

Rika fidgeted slightly as he tickled the underside of her leg. She looked around as they walked. The lodge had a very cozy feel to it. She suspected that was because it was completely naturally made. Bizarre earth magic and all. She rolled her eyes, "You only requested a one bed room huh?" a laugh escaped her. The bed sank squishily as she sat into it. Fidgeting again in her spot, she looked to Shadow again. "Oh no no, I believe the question here since I'm already occupying it is..." she tapped the front of his chest with a light poke, "What are you going to do about it?" she smirked mischievously.

"Mmm, I aaaaaaaam a pretty good thief" she giggled quietly at him. She looked at the sky from his comment, "Oh really? I always thought the sky was cool. Flying seemed like fun at any given time but... I'm not really one for dragons... or riding them..." she frowned. It was a bit more awkward saying this since Kyl was raised by a dragon. Dragons had always put her on edge.

Shadow snickered and grabbed Rika's hand that she poked him with. He laced his fingers in between hers, put on hand behind her back and lowered her to the bed. He kissed her deeply and smiled. "Well we could fight over the bed, or, we can always share." Shadow kissed her again, his hand running along her back to her hip and then to her leg.

Kyl chuckled. "Yeah, I guess I can see where you are coming from, but I guess I have seen it to many times. And don't worry, I ain't to much into dragons either. Which is odd since I was raised by one." Kyl shrugged not really caring to tell her about the many dragons he has killed for fun, and for food. He figured if she really wanted to know she would pay more attention to his armor or at least ask about why it is made from leather and dragon scales.

Richard pulled his dagger out from the dead monster's head (with some difficulties, as it have appeared to be stuck in there), and then turned to the pig monster. Steve did the same thing. "Alright then, the final enemy!" - he said, briefly checking his pickaxe.

Rina flew out of the current and started to scan the ground carefully, trying to not miss anything. During this one of the phrases came to her mind: 'Those, who search, always find what they're looking for.' "I hope they are right." - she thought. Her gaze stopped on a pile of big rocks far beneath her, but then she continued her search.

((Ts for them then))

Rika rolled over in the bed as she opened her eyes. She glanced back at Shadow and sat up, feeling a bit embarrassed at her rash decision. She quietly got dressed from her spot on the bed and stretched afterward. She looked out the window, it was still daylight. "Well that was..." she trailed off, murmuring to herself. Glancing back again, she stood up. Her face felt red with a blush. Her shoulders shook as she laughed silently. It was amusing to think of Gordon's face if he ever came back or found out.

Kai cocked an eyebrow at Kyl, "So you were raised my a dragon but you dont like dragons?" she laughed. "Oh I thought you bought your clothing but now I have second guesses. You aren't wearing your mummy right?" her face switched between amused and... not amused. She didn't like the idea of wearing a dead anything.

Shadow opened his eyes slowly, and lifted his hand towards his forehead. He felt oddly naked, though that wasn't as much of a surprise when he saw his clothes hanging on the footrest. Shadow sat up and looked towards Rika unsure if what he remember happening was true or not. "What a night." He murmured. Rika was already dressed and that of course left him needing to get dressed. Shadow grabbed his undergarments and pants and got dressed, not to worried about his shirt, why would he? He used to not even own a shirt. Shadow looked at the ceiling and fell back on top of the bed, was last night going to make her treat him odd, he wondered. He knew she had a few previous lovers but was mainly worried about how Albel will react when they get back. Though, in his mind, Shadow figured that Albel can get over it, having a few kids of his own.

Kyl smiled, after listening to it come out of her mouth, it does sound odd. "Well, were me and my mom lived, the dragons were very independent and would attack those of it species. Because of this I learned to hate other dragons at a very early age. As for my clothes, no it is not my mom's scales, rather a collective of a few scales from all the dragons I have killed." Kyl reached his hand out and slid it under her head and hands.

Rika straightened up as she heard Shadow started to rustle. She turned to see him looking up at the ceiling from his spot on the bed. "Mmm... in all honesty... is that all we came to town for?... I mean I suppose it'd make sense. Albel'd probably break down my bedroom door" she laughed. Rika picked up his shirt and dropped it on his face, "You're going to need that. I don't suppose walking through the snow half naked is very comfortable" she cocked an eyebrow at him. Sitting in a chair, she pulled her boots over to her and laced them up. Being 'exposed' to someone was still a weird concept for her. Though she hoped that after earlier, Shadow would stay, unlike the others.

"Oh so you were a hunter before that whole spell thing? Wouldnt have pegged you for it..." Kai sighed quietly. Killing for fun wasn't something she ever got into. Or killing in general. She was a thief after all, not a murderer. A couple branches snapped a ways away with a dragging sound following. Kai sat up and looked at Kyl. She shrugged innocently to brush off the last question. "We should probably keep moving, yeah?"

((god I've been having soo much trouble coming up with posts lately.))

Malice chukled when he saw his daughter's excitment. "I think it has to do with magic Kaylie." malice said. "Yep! Mom is teaching me how to do the metal melting spell but I'm having some trouble with it, oh but I'll get you just watch." She said with emmense enthusiasm. Malice smiled at the hatchlings. "Yes they were very well behaved while you were out, and with more practice our sons will become fine fighters." He said to Atlas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayos nodded, after all it was another oppertunity to challenge himself even more. Peace with the umans was turning out to be a rather good thing. "You can count me in...oh and are there any compatitions?" He asked the lodge master.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tackeron continued to scan over the ground below but he didn't see anyone else. Course with the canopy of the forest in the way most of the time he wouldn't be surprised if he missed people hiding out down there. "If they are down there will they recognize you?" He asked Rina. If they did it would certainly help in a couple of ways. First being that they would likely come up and great Rina, the second and probably more important being that if they were normally hostiole they would be less likely to attack if they saw him with Rina...or at least thats what he hoped. Some of the dragon clans and hoards had very strong opinions about sympathizers like Tackeron.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gal's eyes drifted over to his yawning mate, a mischivous glint in them. He casually made his way over to Laura and then suddenly tackle-hugged his mate's neck. "Still sleepy are we?" He teased her.

Edited by En'K'Haral

(Hey ENK, it's been 30 days since you came on the ps3. tongue.gif)

Gently lowering her head, she took a cautious bite.

"Mm! It's good" she spoke, swallowing the rest with a few quick chomps. She raised her head and thanked them, glad to have something in her stomach after so long.

Laura glanced to him and chuckled.

"No no, just napping and enjoying the peace."

Redfire contacted Malice 'I have just recieved a report, the army has arrived at their destination and are awaiting further orders. I wish to confur the order we should attack the villages in for maximum effect.'

Shadow chuckled. "Well it doesn't have to be the only reason. We could see what is going on and if there are any festivals. Or we can go back, possibly see Albel and I can try to continue living, so that I can keep my promise to you. I mean, I would have too come across him eventually anyways." Shadow reached down and grabbed his boots pulling them on and lacing them up. "Well the snow doesn't really bother me, since I came from a highly snow filled place. But too not embarrass you, I will put it on." Shadow slid his shirt on and then his coat. Though he did this, he left it all unbuttoned.

Kyl smiled and shrugged. "Not really, I more or less killed for protection. I haven't really been much for needless killing. So food, clothes, weapon material, or protection, I always had a reason." Kyl's eyes shifted to the side at the sound of snapping branches. "That is up to you. if you want to keep moving we can." Kyl sat up and than stood up reaching his hand out to offer help.

Rika walked across the room to Shadow and reached out, buttoning up his shirt. She left the last few open for the sake of casualness. She tapped the end of his nose and turned to the door. "I'm not sure how festive they will be since the war is almost here, but we can look..." she slipped her coat on and walked out of the bedroom. Rika kept at a slower pace for Shadow to keep up. The downstairs was more deserted that before. People were too busy going to and from outside. Gridania seemed to be bustling more than ever, resembling Windfall now. A smile came to her face. "I think we'll be alright in this war. Though I suppose this time everyone has to pitch in..." she looked at the dragons walking and flying about around the humans. It was a weird thing to her, working with dragons.

"Cloths" Kai laughed aloud as she pulled herself from the ground. "I don't fancy wearing dead things. But whatever you're into forest boy" she brushed herself off. "In any case yes, a lot of nasty things pop up when you linger too long" she started to walk. The dragging sound persisted but was quite slow. She could already tell what it was, but knew from the speed, it wasn't a problem if they moved. "Damned zombies everywhere" she murmured.

The manager shook his head, "No... Im afraid not with the war and all. People are too busy preparing to have much time for games" he shrugged. Akuma looked indifferent at the response. He was content with just being in the guild for now. "But when they do happen, are there coin prizes?" Faze asked slyly. "Ah yes yes" the manager nodded away. "Want to go back outside then if nothings going on in here?" Meracle asked. Akuma grunted and turned, walking out. Faze followed partly from boredom and curiosity.

Tick and Twick watched her eat curiously. "So uh... you got any family where you come from?" they asked together. "Hatchlings?" "Mate?" their voices echoed in a playful manner. They looked at each other and shrugged before continuing, "Must have something. So eager to get back home"

Edited by Sai