picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war.

((Funny, my parents are like cats to water if I try to get them to watch anime))

Akuma looked over his shoulder and murmured quietly, "Yeah well, let's just keep moving" he walked forward as Arumat and Meracle exited the house. Arumat slung his two blades across his back, which combined into his quarter staff. "Mmm, humans are so delicate" Meracle chuckled. Animals and dragons had no need for weapons. After some walking, the large wood and stone city came into view. The city seemed more bustling than normal as he entered. There was training groups here and there teaching humans magic, and dragons fighting. "They're going all out on this" Meracle murmured. If humans could use magic, they wouldnt have to worry much about weapons. Meracle turned and stopped, "So little demon, know any hunting lodges?" Akuma shook his head. A young man brushed past Arumat. The bounty hunter's hand shot out and grabbed his arm, though he didn't look at him straight away. The stranger paused and then sniggered, "Clever one" he muttered. Akuma's eyes drifted to the small pouch of gold he'd snatched off Arumat's belt. "You'd best put that back" Meracle's hands came to her hips. The man twitched his fingers and the pouch disappeared in a puff of red, replaced by a joker card. "Oh is this what you lost?" he grinned, raising it for the others to see. ((This would be Faze btw))

Ayos glared at the kid as he spoke. "Don't mess around, just give him back the pouch and money you stole." Ayos said sternly to Faze. Although he wasn't entirely sure of how to handle the situation if the boy refused. Guess i'll just have to make it up as I go. Although I doubt Arumat will have the patience to play this kid's little game. He thought to himself. Heck he wasn't even sure if Akuma would put up with it.

((Your so mean to Akuma x.x He's never gonna trust humanity at this rate.))

((Lol I know, poor thing

Niiiiiiiiiiick, how's that remake of DA going? tongue.gif))

"Well well, someones in an awfully bad mood. Same to all of you. Get a load of your faces" Faze smirked. Meracle glanced around, everyone was slightly frowning. It crossed Arumat's mind to just drag the 'kid' to the bounty office as this obviously wasn't his first theft. He looked at Meracle and Akuma more closely. "Ah you guys are those hybrid things, eh? Weird. Though in a good way" he caught Arumat's eye and passed him the joker card, which puffed in red smoke back to his pouch. He circled around the hybrids with interest, "Names Faze. So what are you guys here for? Odd group the lot of you" he looked between the human, hybrids, and dragon. Akuma bared his teeth in a growl. "And our grumpiest I see?" he smiled smugly with half-lidded eyes. Akuma swung out with a fist, but found it bouncing off a red, cell-like barrier as Faze flicked his hand. "Careful there" he chuckled. Meracle looked at Ayos in a mildly concerned way. She considered herself opinionated, she just hoped she wasn't actually this bad. She shook her head and looked to Faze, "Look, we're just looking for the hunting lodge" "Oh hunting? Sounds like some fun. This one could blow off some steam" he glanced at Akuma. "I can take you there"

Edited by Sai

((Ahem. Enk, haven't you forgot something?

Also, Red: sorry for not posting on remake GW. Procrastination, Spyro fan site RP and recent doctor visit. I'll post today.))

((Tron: Maaaaaayyyybe. *whisltes*))

"Fair enough but then why would you ask about him....do you owe him money? That is something the cult can help with. I mean in a nowish fashion." Tackeron said leading the way. He kept his eyes forward trying to pick out the spot they would need to leave the current from. It was a little whiles away yet but it wasn't going to be a long trip.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayos looked back at Meracle spoting the hint of concern. He offered a sublte little smile, not really sure what she could be concerned about. The Hybrid agressivness was a little lost on him at times since he had been exposed to similar aggression during his enslavement. This was chiefly why he could see past their otherwise aggressive insociability. He promptly returned his attention to the child who said he knew where to find a hunting lodge. "If you could lead us there we would appreciate it." He said to Faze in a slightly warmer manner.

((Meracle: Am I this bad!?

Ayos: La lala))

'Alright, I'll meet you right away,' Atlas replied as she slammed her tail down onto one of the miners and broke his spine. Then she ran over to a cart full of ores and snatched one up to take back to her daughter, Sapphire. Atlas teleported out of the mines and reappeared back in the cave.

"We went out to get some prickly pears off the cacti. There was quite a bunch of them," said Danielle. "It was like a floral version of a baby boom." Then the hatchlings saw their aunt/mother and Danielle greeted, "Hey Aunt Atlas, nice of you to catch the jaguar for us. Hey, what's that in your paw?" The whiptail hatchling pointed to the ore. Atlas looked at it and said, "Oh this? I brought that for Sapphire to practice her metal-melting spell on." Then she rolled the ore over to her daughter.

Steve looked at the chimp with fake annoyance. "Yeah, yeah, I got it. You are angry at me. Well then, I am sorry for falling on you... Oh wait, you tried to kill us." - with these words Steve swang his pickaxe at the monster.

The roar struck Richard hard in his ears, and at the second he thought that it'll make him deaf. He was holding his dagger tightly and he understood that if he loses his grip on a monster - he's a goner. Teenager raised his weapon and struck at the dinosaur, aiming for it's head.

Rina got closer to Tackeron, so she was from the left of him, and stared in his eyes. There was a spark of irritation in hers, as she said, clearly and coldly: "I am never asking for money. Nor do I owe it to someone." - and she returned to her usual position. Now she was looking at the land, memorizing the scenery.

"Polite I see. This way" Faze pointed over his shoulder. He led them through the crowd to a lodge and through the door. It was scarce in population because of all the training outside. "Here we are. Though with all the action outside, not many people are here anymore" he turned on them. Faze reached down and patted Ayos on the head, opening his mouth to say another smart-alic comment. "Hey! You guys are new ain't ya?" a gruff man walked swiftly towards them. "Come on in! We're short on members anymore. Nice to see new faces" he hooked Faze around the shoulder, "Here I'll show ya around" "Ehh..." a small sound came from Fazes mouth that sounded like a fading protest. Akuma smirked slightly and followed. "Here is the trophy wall. Put the biggest catches up here. Get a prize for breakin the record too. Gold usually" he turned, "Then got our own little bar over there, recreation area too. Through those doors is a practice range. Sparring dummies and such"

Edited by Sai

Kyl shrugged slightly. "Well I wanted you to get a good nights sleep and have as much room to move around as you may need." Kyl lifted his hand up and wrapped it around Kai's back and gripped her arm slightly. "As for sleeping well, no, I did not sleep well. This chair is surprisingly uncomfortable. Though, I learned you can't hold your liquor to save your life." Kyl chuckled slightly and rubbed her arm. Kyl stood picking up Kai in the process and and set her down in the chair. "Are you hungry? I'll make you something."

Shadow stood both hands holding a ball of snow. He was ready for Rika, not even caring if she got him. He moved towards the tree that Rika had slid behind. He knew that she could hear him and would probably run off. But that wasn't stopping Shadow. His movements were similar to how he moves in battle, very quick and smooth. Because of this it didn't take him long to reach the tree. Before he was even on the other side of the tree, he began to throw snowballs, doing a lunge every other step to pick up more snowballs.

((Its not eternal limbo... o.o just a longggggg x1000 one biggrin.gif))

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

((Dont worry guys! I post once every 100 pages! tongue.gif))

"Oh I learned that a long time ago about myself. Of course last night that didn't stop me. I get bored sitting in a chair. Even if I look like an asstard the entire time I'm drunk. At least I don't make it a habit" Kai grinned and let him set her in a chair. "Well a bit I guess. Handy arent ya?" she shrugged, "I don't really care what you make. I'll eat whatever" she leaned back in her chair and stretched. She spared him a wink as she linked her hands behind her head.

Rika heard him running swiflty towards her. The snow balls started to fly even before he'd reached her. She carefully tried to rotate around the tree as he moved. Even so the splats of the snow balls against the tree pelted her. She let out a shriek of laughter and put her fingers in her mouth, emitting a sharp whistle. There was silence before the running patter of paws. Luna came bounding through the snow and pounced at Shadow playfully. Of course as a heavy tiger, it was more immobilizing. Rika used the opportunity to sprint across the snow to another tree.

((I'm just cool like that.))

Kyl shook his head and sighed. "Well being bored or not, if you know that you can't hold your alcohol then why do you drink it?" Kyl himself has forced himself to learn how to hold his liquor since he didn't have anything to do when he was living alone. I think that some eggs and bacon may be nice. Or we could have some cheese toast. I don't mind so it is up to you." Kyl began to pull out pans and pots and some non stick spray.

Shadow spun last minute as he heard Luna come running and before he was able to side-step and dodge, the tiger hit him and knocked him down. Shadow wrestled the tiger trying to get her off of him. He could hear the sound of Rika running off and because of this, Shadow tried to side throw the snow ball at Rika and in case he missed continued throwing them in the direction that the sound came from.

Kai looked off in another direction, her face heated. "Well, I never said I make the best decisions. And I said I don't mind what you make. I'll eat either" she stood up and walked idly around the room. "Nothin to worry about anyway. I'm just find, right?" she laughed quietly. Kai looked out the window. Even though it was morning, the sky was still dark with a light purple.

A stray snowball glanced Rika's leg as she ran by. Luna chuffed happily. She didn't seem interested in moving but rather pushed at Shadow with her maw in random places. Her paws hugged around him as he struggled. Rika packed another snowball in her hand. She ran back out and shooed Luna off in time to immediately jump on Shadow's back again while he was still in the snow. "You sir, have been tag teamed" she declared, dropping the snowball on him.

Kyl chuckled and pulled out some toast and cheese and butter. Kyl began to butter one side of the toast and lit the stove. "So, does the sky ever light up like it does outside of the forest? Or does it stay with a light purple hue?" Kyl then placed the toast of the pan with the butter side down and and placed a slice of cheese on the toast. He did the same for a few slices of toast. "So what do you want to do today?"

Shadow reached behind him and grabbed her legs. He then stood pulling himself to his knees and then up to his feet. Shadow then took a few steps forward before stopping and gaining balance. "Now that I caught you, its pay back time." Shadow let go of Rika letting her fall to the ground. He then turned around and wrapped her in a hug to keep her from running. When he did this, he twisted and let him fall into the snow dragging her with him.

Kai shook her head, "No, that's part of the curse. It's like a year around Halloween. Creepy, but I've grown used to it" she smiled, looking to the water flowing through the river of the town that was the same purple. It bubbled like acid, though it was strangely safe to enter and drink. "I think the curse mostly took toll on appearances. Even though everything is quite nasty out there. Zombie dragons and all" she turned back to Kyl, "Well you want to look around town or peak around the woods?" she offered. She picked her claws up from the table and holstered them to her sides.

Rika held onto Kyl as he maneuvered around and let them both fall. She ended up straddling him, "Looks like I caught you actually" she sniggered. Luna jumped around the snow, leaping into the piles and creating puffs that buffeted them both. It made her briefly reflect on hunting Icefire through the snow. No, she didn't want to think about that. She shook it off before she drew attention to herself. She ruffled his hair, "Good boy" she said as if talking to a puppy.

Shadow buffed laying back and spreading his arms out away from him. "You win and I give up ok?" When Rika ruffled his hair Shadow lifted his head snapped at her like he was going to bite her. "Now what does thy fair maiden want in return for winning?" As he spoke, Shadow was quietly packing some snow in his hands. Sadly Shadow wasn't able to see as well as he would have liked with Luna kicking the snow up into the air while she played. Because of this, if Shadow ended up tossing more snow, he would have to toss it in an odd angle to guarantee a hit.

Kyl listened quietly to Kai's answered and shrugged, forgetting for a moment that she could not see him. "I think it is calming. I like the dim glow and the weather. I am assuming it doesn't get snow or rain out or rather, in here either does it?" Kyl pulled out two plates after a small search through the cabinets and while using the spatula moved the cheese toast to the plates. After turning everything off, Kyl put the plates on the table and made his way to Kai, putting his hands on her hips where the claws are. "Well if we go around town we may end up in the bar again and you don't need to be carrying these there." Kyl smiled softly.

Edited by Forsaken Rider of Dreams

Rika cocked an eyebrow as he snapped his teeth, followed by a silent giggle. "Oh how cute. I guess that dragon spell really did put us back in medieval times. Alright then. I'll take you for a prize" she felt at the back of her mind that these words might somehow be lost. She'd already been messed with on Gordon and Albel's ends. Perhaps even loosely hanging to it would help. She didn't want to be alone again. Rika leaned down and briefly kissed his cheek. Luna lifted her head that was now covered in snow (which was hard to tell since she had white fur), and snorted before running back toward the house.

"Mmm, nah, no weather. It's relaxing as long as you stay inside the village. And keep on the queen's good side. I don't fancy being turned into a toad" Kai laughed. She stood watching as he approached and placed his hands on her claws. "Did I try to scratch you last night or something?" her smile had turned into a smirk. While she wasn't particularly proud of the damage, she did appreciate being able to put him on edge competitively. "You can take my claws if we go into the bar then. You don't exactly walk anywhere here without a weapon"

Shadow gripped the snow in his hand and was about to hit her with it, but couldn't lift his arms. He was in shock almost, not expecting Rika to kiss his cheek. He, when offering a prize, figured that she would hit him with more snow or something similar. Shadow laid there dumb founded, unsure of what to say or do. "Well, I um, wasn't expecting that. You could have gotten anything you want, and you choose only that huh." Shadow wondered if Rika would be brave enough to do more.

"Well that's nice. The queen seemed pretty nice when we met her. Or is that because I am new?" Kyl chuckled at her question about the claws and answered with a kiss. "Whether you did or didn't doesn't mean anything. You don't need these when you are drunk." Kyl was obviously avoiding her question but he didn't mind. "Breakfast is ready by the way."

Rika smiled distantly, sparing a glance at the snowball in his hand. "Truth is..." she swiftly swiped the snowball away from him. "I've gotten everything I wanted materially since I was little. My parents just gave me stuff. But they were never around. So I suppose, the only thing I really want anymore.... is someone to care for" she tossed the snowball over her shoulder. She flushed slightly, "I never really thought about it much. Hunting with Albel, you get pretty cold in the heart. I didn't need anyone. But once everyone left, while all those people were around so much... I guess I didn't realize I liked it. Even if it was just arguing with Slytha" she laughed quietly again and brushed a strand of hair from Shadow's face. "So yes, I choose only that" her voice trailed to a soft quietness. She leaned down and kissed him again, though on the lips.

Kai rubbed the back of her head, "Ah yeah. Sure. She's nice as long as you're not causing trouble. Scary is an understatement for her temper tantrums" she shuddered briefly. "Halfling from a black dragon. Battle magic of the worst kind there. Think of what it could do to your face" she grinned and walked past him and sat at the table. "I might need them... Can't do my weird trouble things without em'.... Ah grilled cheese. Oh so traditional" she laughed. She hadn't had it since she was little. Kyl seemed more and more nostalgic.

Shadow listened silently as Rika went into an explanation about her childhood. He wasn't sure whether or not to say something or remain quiet, then he realized he didn't really have anything to say. Shadow's mind was racing through thoughts one of which was why she acted like Albel left, or that she admitted that she only wanted someone to care for her. It was after she finished that he thought of something to say, "well, I could be that one per--." Shadow was cut short when Rika kissed him and for a moment went silent and still. That didn't last long however and he reached up holding her and kissing her back. The moment was like a dream for Shadow and he was sure some barmaid is going to kick him to wake him up and it would be over, but he prayed otherwise. When the kiss finished Shadow could only look at Rika until he found his voice again. "Like I was saying, I can be that person for you to care for, and vice versa." Shadow smiled slightly, an understatement of sorts from his true joy.

"I don't know I was raised by a dragon myself and so she was basically my mother, and you know what they say, hell hath no fury like a mother scorned... Or was it a women scorned, point is mothers can be much more terrifying than any mad lady so a mother dragon can be much more terrifying than any mad dragon, queen or not." Kyl followed partially and grabbed his chair moving it next to a wall so when he sat in it he could lean back. "As for the claws, you better not cause us trouble. A mad dragon may not compare to a mad momma dragon, but they still aren't a force to be reckoned with." Kyl smiled and began to tear the crust off of one of his slices of cheese toast.

Rika smiled at his words. "I hope so" she murmured. She shifted back slightly, finding she was getting quite warm in her jacket. No doubt from blushing. "Ah so..." she composed herself again. Rika wasn't used to going 'soft' for people. "You want to do anything today aside from rolling in the snow?" she asked. Through the trees she could see both Gridania and Windfall's holiday lights twinkle through the trees. A charming view. "All that preparation for the next conflict. Funny we just got out of a war" she laughed humorlessly.

"It was 'a woman scorned'. So yeah, in either case. Really doesn't go well in either case... I don't think so anyway. I never had a mom" Kai laughed awkwardly and let it trail off quickly. She nibbled at her grilled cheese. She'd almost forgotten the taste. "Not used to guys that cook. Funny, but effective" she winked at him. "Well the only real obstacle here in town is distinguishing the water from grape soda" she smirked behind her sandwich. "I think we can have a trail walk as long as we stay on the right side of the vines"

Shadow rested back in the snow and turned his head to look at the lights. "Well, we could go visit one of the towns, or..." Shadows voice trailed off as he lifted his arms and grabbed Rika's sides. He then flung them off to the side so that they effectively 'rolled in the snow'. At this point Shadow was now leaning over Rika with her in the snow. "Or, we could keep rolling in the snow. I don't mind either way."

Kyl chuckled and took a few bites of the grilled cheese and looked out the window. "Well I lived alone for so long that I had to learn how to cook or else I would be eating leaves all day and night. I personally like water and grape soda so I guess that isn't a problem for me. The right side of the vines huh, well lets do that then." Kyl quickly finished his last piece of toast and waited silently for Kai to finish.

A faint chuckle came from Rika as Shadow rolled them over. Snow mixed into her already silver hair. "Rolling in the snow is fun but..." she trailed a finger down his chest, her eyes following. "Not many fun things happen in the freezing snow" her eyes flicked back up to his face. "Figured there were some pretty warm and cozy places in town. Warm beverages with a hot fire and all" she grinned at him. Her hand came back up to his face and played with his hair a bit. Being a bowcaster, she often found her hands fiddling for entertainment, no matter how awkward it was.

Kai chomped down the last of her sandwich and stood up. She took her plate to the sink, "Well then let's not dilly dally. It's just your responsibility to remind me about the claws should anything exciting happen in the bar" she turned on her heel and walked out of the house, standing out front and waiting. She looked up at the path out of town. The gnarled trees loomed over it with the towering vines thick as tree trunks. Their long spikes poked from every part, creating a barrier to the other side of them. This was their only fence. The dirt path rounded by it, lanterns lighting the way.

Shadow smiled and leaned down kissing Rika. "Well, I think you may be right. Wanna go get one of those warm beverages and sit next to one of those warm pretty fires." Shadow stood, helping Rika get up from her bed in the snow. Now that Shadow hasn't been running around like earlier, he suddenly began to feel cold. When Rika stood, he pulled her along with him towards on of the area of lights. He wasn't quite sure which of the two cities he was heading towards.

Kyl sighed and put his plate in the sink. "You know I always seem to finish before you yet you always seem to beat me outside." Kyl chuckled. "Well how bout we go walk the forest some?" Kyl chuckled again as he grabbed his sword and his crossbow. Kyl then made his way to the front of the house next to Kai.

Steve looked at the chimp with fake annoyance. "Yeah, yeah, I got it. You are angry at me. Well then, I am sorry for falling on you... Oh wait, you tried to kill us." - with these words Steve swang his pickaxe at the monster.

The roar struck Richard hard in his ears, and at the second he thought that it'll make him deaf. He was holding his dagger tightly and he understood that if he loses his grip on a monster - he's a goner. Teenager raised his weapon and struck at the dinosaur, aiming for it's head.

Rina got closer to Tackeron, so she was from the left of him, and stared in his eyes. There was a spark of irritation in hers, as she said, clearly and coldly: "I am never asking for money. Nor do I owe it to someone." - and she returned to her usual position. Now she was looking at the land, memorizing the scenery.

The blade of the axe hit the chimp monster's neck and decapitated its head off. The dagger sank deep into the dino's skull and caused it to collapse dead with blood bleeding out of its wound. The pig monster was the only enemy left to fight.

((I'll do Kanga tomorrow, I promise.))