ChocolateGal137

The 8 Worlds

Jazz didn't know what to say in answer to his first statements. She knew that her touch did something to him and very nearly blushed since it happened to be her that had made him not want to go back to being Night Stalker. "I love you too Anri," she said finally after a few minutes of silence, "and you and Myf are my only family now. Well along with Erin, Mortimer, and Albert. I can both honestly and truthfully say that I'm glad that I met you."

Anri hesitated and said, "You and Shadow and Leion, and Stark, are my only family. I have No one else...." It was the truth, since his parents died he had very little patience for those who tried to conect with him. Leion and Shadow were exceptions. And it was clear that Jasmine was a major exception. He was falling for her, whether he meant to or not, but he was happy too. He didn't want to lose her, not yet. "You find a cave yet, love?"

"Oh," Jazz said and for a minute the images of her parents came into her mind. She went back to being sad but then adopted a look of confidence on her face and thought to herself, I'll avenge my parents' death one day. Just as Anri asked if she found a cave yet she said, "That I have love. I now have a new shelter." She smiled as she looked upon it but it didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Good, love, stay safe there." Anri said with a slight sigh of relief in his voice. He reconized the slight saddness in her voice, though she hid it well. He said comforingly, "Don't fret, love, one day you'll have your vengance..... but remember, vengance comes at a price." He recalled easily the price his parents paid and the price he had since paid. Their vengance, or at least his father's, had brought bad luck to Anri more often than good. The Night Stalker was something of his father's creation, and he hated it. He however could do nothing about his other person and lived with the price for his father's vengance.

"I'll try," Jazz said in reply with a sigh. At his other statement she said, "I feel that you know me well enough to know what I'm thinking. I may only confront my parents' killers and not kill them although I want to." She then used her air abilities to get up to the cave since it was on a small ledge. When she got onto the ledge and was in front of the cave, she walked in and made herself at home. She only hoped that the people that walked into the shack earlier wouldn't figure out where she went and somehow follow her to the cave.

"I do seem to understand you better now." Said Anri, a smile in his voice, "The more we talk, the more attuded the pendants get, but I have a feeling that I knew most about you before the pendant's came into play. I didn't understand, still don't to a certain point, why you affected me like you did that night. I just know that for the first time in a long time I was able to sleep easy." He paused then asked, "So is the cave going to be enough?"

((FFF

I'm so sorry I took so long to reply D: My internet died!))

The girl twitched as a new voice began to talk, and she sleepily forced herself to sit up straight and see who it was. Someone called Amaya. The girl ducked her head in embarrassment - someone had noticed her tiredness. She stared slightly as her Pegasus began to speak; she'd seen one or two of the creatures before, but never knew they were capable of such things before.

She leaned towards the two newcomers, and glanced at the woman.

"You can make light?" She asked, her tiredness dissipating in the presence of her curiosity, "How?"

((And I am so, so sorry about this complete failure of a post.))

((Your post is perfectly suitable. *huggles*))

"We are honoured to meet you Lady Amaya, Raven." Beatrice said with an indulgent glance at the sleepy Ruu. "And your offer is very kind." Actually you two are the most polite, kind people we've come across so far. She added mentally.

"And it is very much appricated. I admit we are pretty lost. We were looking for some place to rest, but neither knew where nor how to find quaters. Nightworld is very alien for us."

((No such thing as a 'fail post'! As long it is not just one word then you good in my eyes. tongue.gif ))

Amaya finally let her hand slid off her sword as she tilted her head to the side a little in thought and wonder at being asked how did she make light. Then again maybe this Cloudworld did not have the ability to use magic? She was not sure and was not about to ask them about their world when they were tired, while she was not someone to be around others a lot she did know the meaning of manors. "This place uses magic to light our towns and homes because there is nothing but the stars above that give light otherwise.", Amaya said while she moved her hand palm up and digging into her reserve of magic a small ball of light formed that could be seen anywhere in this world. "Everyone has to learn this spell for the times we cannot see in times when we fall ill or when the stars are covered. The ones in town are held up by the central building for within it there is a small star shaped orb that everyone must at some point every day feed some of their own magic in." Pausing after she had said so much and thinking that she had just maybe bored them with this, bowing her head a little to hide her blush of embarrassment.

Raven felt Amaya's embarrassment and emitted what could be called a laugh. "Now now Amaya, hold your head back up and come out of that shell now. Don't make me start going in circles and loops again.", was said in a tone that just oozed his humor at the thought that Amaya would get somewhat air sick at those moves in the air. "I must ask though friends, what do you call your friend there?" Raven looked to the white dragon in thought about just having Amaya answer the question if she made a link with the dragon with her magic, but he did not really wish for her to do so seeing as that is all she done in the park this day. While she had a good deal of magic for her age, it was not limitless.

Amaya would give a light hit to Raven's neck in retaliation to his words and look back to the Cloudworlders. She herself wondered what the dragon's name was, but was a little afraid to try and connect with something she knew nothing about. Dragons she could deal with, but a breed she never seen...well that was entirely different. "I can understand if you have never been here before and can not see your way. I do fear that the towns people will not let you stay because you are different, but if you wish to attempt getting a room I will be glad to pay if you do not have our currency. Though again we have room for all of you and even rooms to spare at my home and it is not to far away. You will be welcomed to come and go all you like and to stay all long as you wish, but I warn you that where I live it is...well dark as it is some distance from the town. I will keep it well lit for you though." As she talked the light in her palm grow so that a good 10 feet in all directions could be seen for these people.

((Agreed. Though on occasion a one word post has it's beauty too tongue.gif))

Beatrice had listened with fascinated. Magic? Spells? Such things only happened in Faerytales on Cloudworld. Once Amaya mentioned the dragon she blushed.

"Oh, I forget to introduce Snowpearl! Sorry my dear!" The white dragon, who had focused on the pretty light so far, tilted her head so she could use her tounge to lick through Beatrice's face and to show her she wasn't upset.

Beatrice accepted the gesture without complaint and patted Snowpearls head in return.

"She can't talk, I fear. But she understands us." Beatrice explained. And with a wry smile added. "If she pays attention that is. Snowpearl is a bit of a Scatterbrain. It might be good that she does not speak or she'd leave us all in cofusion."

Snowpearl used her tail to strike at Beatrice. Beatrice didn't even try to flap her wings and evade and just smiled at the dragon. The tail missed her by a mile. Snowpearl wouldn't ever hurt someone deliberatly, even in play.

"Make sure you aren't unseating Ruu."

The dragon looked postively indigant now. Beatrice smiled slightly and turned toward the others. "Snowpearl was one of the dragons who lived on our estate. I asked Ruu to become her rider and I have to say I am quite happy how that turned out. Ruu is a responsible young woman and Snowpearl has become extremly attached to her."

The white dragon gave a low hum that indicated she wanted her ears scratched. Beatrice flew nearer and oblidged.

"Snowpearl loves new, interesting things. I believe she's going to be the one who will enjoy our journey the most. "

((It seems like you have been welcomed gratefully Lilithachaos!! (nickname perhaps?)))

Myf gently climbed atop of Erin's back. It was different from Atlas's as it was less wet and slimy. But she still remained balanced, as she had done with Atlas for many years. "Thank you again, Erin." She said quietly. "For accepting us back." Daen smiled at the two. "Are we going now? We seem to have some bewildered animals waiting to go home."

Myf smiled, then said. "So, who is this other person then Erin?" She looked at the group, then asked another question. "Is Jazz alright?" The solemn in her voice was strong, as she worried to herself.

It was all Ruu could to to refrain from clapping her hands in glee at the magic she'd been shown. Similarly to the dragon she rode, she too had been distracted by the light. Amaya's explanation had been fascinating, though a little bit confusing to the girl who hadn't long been awake. But the main point was that this world, no matter how unfriendly it's government was, had magic. Freaking magic.

As Beatrice teased Snowpearl, Ruu wisely kept in mind to keep her balance; since nearly falling off the dragon when they visited the door, she'd had to rethink her way of sitting on her. She suddenly realised that Amaya's generous offer hadn't been replied to yet, and took it upon herself to voice this.

"Beatrice? What do you think?" She asked quietly as her friend came to scratch Snowpearl behind the ear.

"I think I understand you a bit more too," Jazz replied, "but I also don't really understand how my touch affected you like it did. I'm just glad that you didn't turn into that person." In reply to his question she said, "It's not that homey but yes it will be enough for now." She rested her head against the cave's wall but didn't go to sleep. The last time she did that, it had been in the shack and people came into it.

"You're welcome Myf," Erin replied. In answer to her question she said, "A man named Leion and his dog Stark. Anri's only remaining family." She then took off and headed in the direction to where the others were saying in reply to her other question, "Yes she's fine." She continued to fly until she saw Anri, Shadow, and the others and then touched down in the center of the group.

((Seems I have and I am grateful, and you can call me Lilitha, Lilith, Lili...anything really. tongue.gif))

The magic she held up dims a little when the dragon looked like she was going to hit the other, but once it became clear the dragon did not mean any harm she focused again on keeping the spell up. Though the thought of the dragon not being able to talk like others she seen did fascinate her and made her wonder if she could use her magic to connect with the dragon's mind and let it talk to her that way. Sadly it was never a permanent thing because it was a spell and thus had to always be feed from her end to hear the dragon's thoughts. "I am sure she can talk, but I cannot right now use my magic to hear her thoughts.", Amaya said after a moment and she tilted her head a little to the side at their interaction. Casting her gaze to Ruu she would smile seeing as she was watching the magic along with the dragon, but it did bother her a little to be watched so closely. When she noticed that Ruu was not riding in a saddle made for flying on dragons, a small frown would form as she thought of the dangers that would pose. "I see that you are not ridding in a saddle...if you wish to have one I have a spare in the barn my family owns. They are not the best because my family uses them to teach others to ride their mounts, but it will do to make sure you will never fall." Even if she did not like interacting with people a lot, it did not mean she wished to see them in danger or in harm.

Raven nodded his head at her words about the saddle and wondered why he himself missed that detail when he was looking at these people. He would fly a little closer so that if the girl did fall them Amaya would be able to catch her, but he doubted it would come to that seeing as Beatrice looked like she was protective of the girl and so was the dragon. Yet one could never be to careful and really he could snap at Amaya because she was not riding in a saddle either, but then again they had not planed on flying today. "Journey? Are you going to new worlds then? Amaya I am sure would love to join you then seeing as she explores enough on this world.", amusement colored his tone as he thought he would not mind going to other places also. Even if he would become even more protective of Amaya being in surroundings.

Anri kissed the pendant gently and said, "Hang on, Jazz love, loosen up a little and get some sleep. You need rest just like everyone." He looked up as Erin came returned, Myf on her back. "Jazz," Anri said on an intake of breath, "Erin's here.." He placed the pendant on his chest, not cutting off contact this time, and walked over to Erin. He helped Myf down gently and said, "I am sorry...... I'm not completely myself at times."

Leion stood as the griffin, Erin, returned and Stark was at his side, panting gently. Leion walked over to stand beside Anri, more a comfort for the boy than anything.

Stark looked at Shadow as the stallion stood. The dog said, "Who's the girl?"

"A human that Anri pissed off. Looks like she might've forgiven him." He nickered softly, looking at the dog.

Stark nodded his head gently, he understood.

Myf gently got down, her head bowed. "I'm sorry too Anri. It was my fault for giving you the wrong thought. She looked up into his eyes, gave a small smile of forgiveness, then bowed her head again, hiding her non-sparkly blue eyes. She looked back to where the others had followed, as they stood at the edge of the forest, and gave they signal for them to come in. The group followed obediently until they were with the circle of people. They animals made little sounds, their many legs gently padding across the ground. Most of them could fly, but the one who couldn't placed themselves onto the backs of the graceful dragons. The three old men dismounted heavily, some bags of their backs. They came forward into the group until they were very close to Myf, looking as sad as her for their departure.

Myf bowed slightly to the new man and his dog, and nodded her head to Shadow. "Myf," Albert broke in, his voice trying to be cheerful. "I have some bags for you and your friends. Enough food and water for a few days. Blankets. A first aid kit. And some other stuff to you'll need." He handed the huge bag to her, and to Myf's surprise, it was light weight and very easy to carry. "Thank you." She mumbled, her head now scanning the field where the door was. Mortimer stepped forward, his voice low as he slipped something out of his pocket. "You know what to do. I took it from Mufasa before we left. As soon as I did it, he disappeared into thin air, like a vision. He wasn't fully real." And he slipped the Air Key into Myf's hand. She looked in awe at it, then without anyone looking, she put it in the pouch that held the Water Key. Both keys glowed brighter than before at their contact, as if they seemed to like it. She looked up at the group, knowing that no one saw the Key.

Myf's voice was stronger as she gathered the bag on her back, Daen now within the group and carrying the second bag. "Thank you Mortimer, Albert and Barry. The time we spent together was precious, and I will not forget it. We appreciated the place to stay and the food and company you gave us. I only hope you will spread the word to others, making your world safe if the attack comes. Thank you again." She said levelly, her eyes growing wet with tears. She then embraced them all in a huge hug of thanks, as the three men smiled to themselves. They broke after a few seconds as they all smiled and laughed a bit. "Okay, we need to get going if we're going to save Jazz in time." Myf said, getting back on Erin's comforting back.

The group of men stood back, nodding in appreciation to the group around them. Barry smiled and winked at Anri, sad to see that the boy he saved those many years ago was putting himself in danger again. "Well, safe trip." Mortimer managed to say, his face starting to show signs of missing the people he knew so well. They walked back a few paces as the animals took their positions ready to fly. Myf turned to Anri, "Is your friend and his companion coming?" She asked, before continuing again. "While I'm on Erin, I'm going to create a water board for yourself and Shadow. I just need you to jump on it and I'll do the rest. Daen will do the same for himself and Atlanta. If you friend is coming them we'll need him to sit on the back of Shadow, along with his companion." She turned to the group as a whole, feeling a bit embarrassed to know so much about the worlds. "When we get to the Air World don't stop, because you just be in the air, and you'll fall. We'll need to turn around until we get to the other side of the door, then got through that, then we'll be in the Fire World. Definitely don't stop there, 'cause you're over a volcano. We stop and rest in there, and then start again to get to the Earth world. That'll be easier to get through." She smiled to herself, now being regarded as the leader of the rescue group.

((Oh my gawd. So much writing!!))

Anri looked forgivngly at Myf before looking at Barry. He winked back at the man that had saved him so long ago. It seemed hardly real now, but Anri knew it was because Shadow remembered too. He took the third bag and looked at Myf as he mounted. He said, "Yea, their coming. They, like me, have nothing left in this place." He mounted Shadow easily, motioning for Leion to join him.

Leion walked over and looked down at Stark. He picked the German Shepherd up gently and passed him to Anri, who held the dog as Leion mounted behind him. Stark crawled around Anri to his master and laid down across his lap. Leion said, "Good to go, but if you get me killed, kid, I'll haunt you till you die." He looked sternly at Anri, but it was easy to see the laughter behind his eyes.

Stark looked sidelong at Shadow and said, "So, we leavin' now?"

"Aye, Stark, and I don't think we'll be returning anytime soon." Shadow replied.

"There gonna be more creatures like them where we're going?" He pointed his nose at the creatures on the far side of Erin.

"Prolly so, Stark, though I don't entirely know for sure. I've never gone anywhere outside the Modern World. Relax, dog, it's no big deal." Said Shadow, stalling further questions.

Edited by Songbreeze2012

Beatrice blinked, feeling a little confused. "What do I think about what?" She asked in a low voice so the Nightworlders wouldn't hear her. "Amaya and Raven? They seem nice enough"

Said woman had been watching Snowpearl thoughtfully.

"I see that you are not ridding in a saddle..." She said to Ruu. "If you wish to have one I have a spare in the barn my family owns. They are not the best because my family uses them to teach others to ride their mounts, but it will do to make sure you will never fall." Amaya said.

Raven nodded his head at her words about the saddle but had a different question. "Journey? Are you going to new worlds then? Amaya I am sure would love to join you then seeing as she explores enough on this world.",

"And are you going to convince Snowpearl to wear it too?" Beatrice asked Amaya, with a resigned look toward the dragon. "Snowpearl is amazingly tolerant, that's why we were able to convince her carrying some of our baggage, but i've yet to meet a dragon who would be willing to wear a riding saddle." She glanced at Raven who was wearing one and decided that it wouldn't be prudent to mention that the dragons of Cloudworld did not want to be confused with horses.

"About your question, Raven. We are looking for the key holders of the other worlds so the prophecy can be fullfilled. I guess having a representative from Night World would be a good thing, though we have no idea were the Nightkey could be right now."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Ruu had intended to reply to Beatrice with "About the accommodation.", but the conversation had now moved on to the subject of saddles. She shrugged as they discussed the lack of saddle on Snowpearl. Ruu herself had never considered a saddle. Having Snowpearl wear one would make it feel like she was less of a companion and more of a vehicle.

She nodded in agreement with what Beatrice was saying, and she cast her gaze towards Amaya's Raven. He seemed slightly larger than Snowpearl, and she briefly wondered if he would be able to fit through the doors that separated the worlds. And if the saddle belonged to him, would it fit Snowpearl? But on the other hand, a saddle would be nice - if she fell, then it would be possible to lose the key. Out of habit, she checked her waistcoat pocket to ensure that the key was still inside. It was.

((Really. Someone shoot me. ))

"I'll try to," Jazz replied softly and then smiled at his other statement and said, "Oh good." She felt something against her cheek and smiled a bit more before drifting off, knowing that Anri had kissed the pendant. "Tell Myf about the warehouse so she doesn't think that she has to save me from it," she said and then completely fell asleep. She knew that Anri hadn't closed off the communication so she could still hear him and could still talk to him. For now, though, she needed her rest and she hoped that no one would wake her up this time.

Erin smiled at everyone gathered there but was anxious to get going. She heard Jazz's voice from the pendant saying something about telling Myf about the warehouse. She smiled a bit at that and then once Myf was back on her back, she went to a standing position and waited to go. She wasn't sure if everyone was ready to go or not so she stayed where she was for the time-being. She wondered where Jazz was now.

Anri looked at Myf from Shadow's back and said, "Myf, Jazz sorta lost her temper not long ago and she told me to tell you that there's no need to rescue her from the werehouse anymore. Rescue her, yes, from the werehouse, no." He laughed slightly, making a mental note never to get on her bad side. He smiled slightly, then his face turned blank again.

((*pokes sis* she's on Erin's back actually tongue.gif; *thinks* time for a fight scene *rubs hands together eagerly*))

As Jazz slept, she heard Anri tell Myf over the pendant's communication about what she had done earlier and that she didn't need to save her from it and smiled a bit. She didn't hear anyone walk up to her until it was too late and she was woken up once again when she was pulled to her feet by someone holding her hair. She winced and asked with a glare, "Who are you and why are you here?" "You are the one that killed our superior, are you not?" the one holding her hair asked back, "We are here to get a little pay back if you will." Jazz smiled a little and said, "Ah the ones that ran like chickens. Are you sure that you want to fight me? I'm not as defenseless as I look." He just looked at her with a shocked expression and she took that as an advantage to kick him while he was distracted. The one behind her tried to grab her but she held her fist up and then elbowed him in the face. He fell back a couple of feet and then ran back up to her. The other one straightened up and also ran at her. Jazz did a handstand and then spun herself quickly until her legs hit each of the men's faces (if you've seen digimon, the one with Kazemon, Zoe's human spirit, one of her moves is Tempest Twist; it's like that). She then landed on both of her feet again after flipping and then ran out of the cave, jumping down off the ledge. If they wanted to fight her more, might as well do it in a place that has a lot more room than the cave's small place.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Yea but he's on Shadow's back tongue.gif ))

Anri felt something through the pendant and took it in his hand, saying, "Jazz, you ok love?" It sounded like she was fighting, again. He shook his head and thought, She gets in more trouble than I do. He nearly laughed at the thought; normally he was getting in more trouble than the average prisoner and here was Jazz, fightng again.

"Yep but I didn't start it," Jazz replied as the men came staggering after her again, "I got woken up again but this time it was because one of the two chickens pulled my hair." She sighed and added, "I tried to warn them that I'm not as defenseless as I look but they wouldn't believe me. If they get knocked out because of me, it won't be my fault." She got into a defensive posture just as they came at her again. She leapt into the air and turned, twisting herself as she kicked the man closest to her. He fell onto his back and then ran for it. She watched him go and then turned towards the other one saying, "Your buddy's smart. I'd do what he just did if I were you." He looked at her for a minute and then followed after his companion. She sighed with relief and said to Anri, "I don't think I can go to sleep again. I might sleep better if you were here with me."

((oh well okay))

Edited by Dragonpelt

"We'll be on our way soon then you can sleep as much as you want." Anri said, listening through the pendant a she scared off the two Metal Weavers once again. "You need better hiding spots, love, otherwise I wont be able to sleep either." He chuckled; all he wanted was her to be safe in his arms.

"Oh good," Jazz replied with a sigh of longing. "I might have to sleep for a week to get my energy back." A picture of her being in his arms once again brought comfort to her. She sat down underneath a nearby tree and applied the ointment to her black eye, bruise, and scrapes from earlier. They felt much better and she stayed where she was, not wanting to move. "It's not my fault that they happen to find me wherever I go," she said after awhile, "it's like I'm a Metal Weaver magnet or something."

Edited by Dragonpelt