picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

Clara smiled at Kanya as she rested sweetly against her back. "It would be nice to see another dragon, Kanya. Though I understand the dangers in it being as the other dragon and rider might not be as welcoming." She turned her head as she heard the fighting die off then sighed, "Well at least we know that what ever that scuffle was about it's over." The question was who was in the fight and who won? Out in the distance she heard running and not long after that a brown wolf ran through the fields away from them and the direction of the fight it's tail between it's legs. Clara stopped and watched the wolf, "Aw. The poor thing must have gotten scared at something."

Not to much later an urgal was running in the same direction, this time Clara lowered herself in the grass. The urgal had stopped and was looking around, when his eye(s) looked across where Clara and Kanya were Clara put her hand over her mouth and gaged a bit. He only had one eye to complete his ugly blood covered figure and the other one looked freshly removed or scratched, he was holding it with a blood dripping hand. Clara swallowed back and watched as the urgal stepped a bit closer and sniffed the air, a shiver ran down Clara's spine. They were upwind meaning he could smell them. "Okay, Clara, it's okay just calm down he might not smell you." She thought to herself though it was not so reassuring when he started to snort and pull out his rusted sword. Clara drew her dagger that really had no advantage over the long crooked sword. She knew the urgal couldn't see her and Kanya cause he was still looking around wilding and backing up, it was like he was scared. The rider was confused about this, then she looked at Kanya. Did dragons have a certain scent that made them scary? Did this Urgal thing smell Kanya? This only made her more nervous until the mosterous looking urgal ran off after the wolf and not even looking back once to see if what he had smelt was true. Clara waited for about 5 minutes before finally standing up. "What was that all about," she whispered. There was a village not far from where the urgal was running yet he couldn't attack it, maybe there were others?

~

Ketu touched his nose to his rider's arm as she rubbed his back to try and cool him down. His skin was hot to the touch but not enough to burn his rider, "your life is more important to me, Karo. I would do anything just so you wouldn't get hurt or worse. As for me I don't have a cut on me." He lifted his head and purred, "dragon skin is really hard to cut from blunt wolf claws even at a young age. We need steel or something harder and even then it is hard to do."[/i] At the mention of his rider wanting to go to her village Ketu let out a low uneasy purr. He couldn't be seen by other humans cause it could cause trouble and more so if the king's men were there. "My dear rider. If I do go with you then there will have to be some way that I can hide. I do trust you with my life and all but we also have to remember. You are a rider now and I am your dragon." He looked at her softly, "there are people who would want to get rid of both of us no?"

He reached up as she stood up and touched her shining palm with his nose, she already seemed to be getting shorter...or him taller. Inside he could feel changes happening and his muscles getting sore from growing. That was one thng about dragons, they grew really fast compared to other creatures. He looked at her then at the woods where the urgal and wolf had run something felt funny about going to her village but she was the rider. "I will follow you but I must not be seen my rider and if it has to be so that I can not come in the house then so be it. Though I will be in contact with you the whole time for I will not let you get hurt." His worry was still focused from the fight that had just accoured.

((Saphira Brightscales, I posted for Eragon on the last page....just so you know.))

[sinder, can you make a character to be my Rider? =3 Or Lilitha?]

(I know.)

Saphira nodded, depressed as memories flashed back. Her golden mentor teaching her how to breathe fire longer. The lessons and scoldings whenever she did not pay attention enough. Then one memorie came back that was quite unforgettable.

She was in a cave with her mentor. She admitted she loved the great golden dragon. He refused to be her mate. Suddenly she attacked. The dragon growled and had fought back. She shouted insults and blood was being split. Finally the great golden dragon flew away giving her a glare between his eyes.

She shook her head and the memories died away.

Coryn lifted into the air, his wings spread wide. The sun sparkled through the skin and made dazzling shafts of light on the ground. He flapped them once and a gust of wind buffeted the grass around him, flattening it in a wide circle. He flapped again and lifted into the air, leaving the grass limp behind him. Where is my Rider? he thought fretfully, gliding over the treetops. He knew he had hatched because that Rider was nearby, but that Rider hadn't appeared yet. Unless... he was not truly a Rider's dragon. He was a wild one! Cory closed his eyes briefly. That was certainly possible. The more he thought about it, the more likely it seemed that it was true. Then I am free, bonded to no one. But I will always help Tesni when she is in need, but she has Arrow now. He shook his head. If Tesni needs me, she will call. Cory thought about the horn he had carved with a claw from a dead tree and blew fire on it, making the wood black and very, very hard. Tesni always had it in a pocket or nearby. Cory sighed. In a way, he had wanted to be bonded to an elf or human. But it was refreshing to have no one to have to listen to.

raven lost site of the person. shrugging she turned to go, then froze as she saw an urgal, not a urgal from the varden's side. she watched it walk toward where she knew a human village was. she ran after it flitting from shadow to shadow, as she fallowed the urgal. she stopped as she though she heard a small rustling in the long grass, crouching she sprang at the person in the grass, yelling the battle cry of the elves.

(sinder I think Clara is the person in the grass)

The silver egg rocked as it heard something nearby. An elf, maybe? Zephyr rocked the egg back and forth as hard as he could, trying to make some noise. Find someone to find him.

(Dragonsword, thats your queue to find the silver egg of your dragon.))

(I did..... at lest I thought I do *shrugs* owell)

as Raven jumped the ground semed to give away, she gave a small shreek as she fell into a big hole. the hole slanted like a slide, leveling out and sending her skiding over a smooth stone floor. she smashed in to somthing hard, making it slide over the floor. she got to her feet and cast a spell that would light up the room she had landed in.

--------

Emily bowed as best as she could to eragon and Saphira as she walked up to them "I wanted to thank you for helping me last night" she said.

(( I laughed for some reason just now, although I don't know why...I do know it wasn't because of anyone here.))

Eragon nodded to Emily when she came up to them. "Your welcome. We're glad to have helped." He said standing slowly. He smiled at Emily before glancing at Saphira noticing she was a little off at the moment. Is something wrong? Or are you just tired Saphira? Eragon thought to her returning his gaze to Emily.

------

Draith was beginning to get annoyed at Zailik's complaining even though he hadn't done much while walking through this tunnel. She stopped at turned around to face Zailik, making sure he didn't continue walking right into her. "No I don't know anyone willing enough to keep your training up. One's who can are -like you said- busy. Besides, you seem fine right now as far as I can tell from what you've done." Draith turned back around and kept walking. Up-ahead she could see the tunnel's end, light mingled with her artificial light as they came nearer. "Well, we're almost out as I hope you can see. Hopefully you won't need this light anymore." With that the orbs disappeared leaving only the light ahead of them.

------

Zailik nearly bumped into Draith when she stopped but caught it before-hand. He wasn't thrilled with her answer to one of his questions. Ok, that's just great. He thought following behind the shade. Zailik noticed that she ignored his comment on walking slower and the comment on her being alright, or seemed to anyway. He noticed a faint light ahead of them and as they got closer realized it wasn't the orbs creation. Well at least we're almost out of this cramped tunnel. Zailik thought, half listening to Draith continue speaking. The mention of the orbs caught his full attention again. "What? We're not out yet though!" He protested but that was wasted breath as the orbs went away. With the light ahead of him, Zailik could still barely see, Draith blocked most of the light out but he blamed the cramped tunnel. "Great." Zailik said, tripping over a rock right after.

((....sad as far as equals go, don't worry I'll fix that someday.))

Saphira blinked and glanced at Emily. "You are welcome young one." Then she swung her head towards Eragon and her giant saphire eyes landed upon him. "I am just a little tierd but I can manage today," She asnwered.

Sapira didn't want Eragon to worry and it was just memories, nothing else. "The past is the past." She thought. "I can not change what has happened."

Edited by Saphira BrightScales

((*waits for Dragonsword to make Emily say something due to the fact she's at a loss of things to say for Eragon* ....any misspellings, mixed-up words ect. are to be blamed on my freezing cold house that makes it so my fingers can't type correctly. No the heater does not help, and it doesn't help thatt it rained well stil is rainnnig.))

Draith laughed at the sounds coming from Zailik once the orbs were gone. She turned to face him, talking over his voice. "I thought you did a lot of complaining before, this, this tops that by millions!" She then held out her hand as a smaller orb appeared. It's light alone lit the space between Draith and Zailik so she could see just why this boy was complaining so much now. A rather large rock was out of it's place from when she had stepped over it. Zailik was on the floor, clutching his ankle, in a ball. "Ah, that's what you hit. For a moment I assumed you hated this dark, narrow trap most call a secret tunnel. If it's a secret then why does most everyone around here know about it?" Draith smiled, watching Zailik for another moment. "If you broke your ankle, just know I'm not going to help. Althuogh I think, by now at least, you'd expect that out of me." She took her hand away from the orb and turned to finish the last few feet they had before getting outside. The orb this time floated where it was, continuing to pulse out light for Zailik.

--------

Zailik never thought himself to capable of even saying one swear word let alone one right after another. He had hit the rock hard enough to make him trip which caused his ankle to twist and hit another rock as he attempted to catch his fall. He'd hit his head too but the pain from his ankle surpassed that by a far amount. When Draith began her 'speech' Zailik just wanted her to keep quiet. "How about you just keep your corrupt mouth shut!" He yelled through the pain as Draith lit up another orb. He just wanted the pain to go away so he could at least see correctly. Zailik listened to Draith speak, trying to think of something to take his mind off the blinding pain in his ankle and now head. "From an abomination like you I'd expect much less than even an acknowledgment." He growled under his breath, trying to sit up at least.

((hey I had to get someone hurt sometime right? .....either way, I'm bored and taking Draith's side is much more fun than being a nice 'oh no your hurt! I must help you' sort of person....incase you wonder: I'll admit it, I'm like this on a regular basis....all you have to do is ask my neighbor, or town which he made believe- I'm not going on that rant again...if you wanna know (already going on the rant I see) PM me, I'll be glad to tell you.))

Edited by Dragonhatchling

Emily winched as she put her leg down on the ground "um.... I was wondering if you wouldn't mined.. um.. healing my leg.... only if you want that is" she asked them.

-----

Raven looked down at the thing she had hit "it's a stone.... I think" she said picking it up and looking at it's silver surface.

The silver egg shook now. It had felt the touch of it's bond! Zephyr sent out a pulse with his mind, it was an elf! The silver egg started shaking and cracking, the dragon inside crying with relief. Finally, after all those years of isolation, it had a Rider! The shell burst open with a CRACK and Zephyr crawled out, his scales flashing silver in the sunlight. He touched the elf's hand to make the bond with the tip of his snout.

((*refuses to answer door*))

Eragon saw how Emily reacted when she moved her leg. He smiled when she asked if they could heal it. "That's fine with me." He knelt to examine her leg a little further before murmuring the healing spell. When it was finished Eragon stood. "Hope that's better now." He said with another smile.

((.....let's leave zailik alone, maybe he'll figure a way to stand without hurting himself))

((heh guess who's bored? ......... maybe hurting him might not have been a good idea....or I'm fooling myself but either way he has problems.))

"thank you so much" Emily said testing her leg, when it did not hut she looked up at Eragon and gave him a big grin "it doesn’t hurt anymore it just kind of itches"

------

"oh... it's an egg" Raven gasped as the dragon curled around her arm. it touched her right hand and a jarring pain went up her arm. she cried out and almost dropped the baby dragon, but some how she managed to holed on to it. she looked at her right hand and stared at the silver mark on it "I'm a rider" she whispered sinking to the ground by the egg shards.

Zephyr crawled up Raven's leg, his thin wing membranes stuck tight to his back. He reached tentavely out with his mind, touching his rider's mind for the first time. He made a small peeping noise, and crawling into Raven's lap, making a cat-like purring noise.

Raven didn't poll back when the dragon touched her mined. reaching down she gently petted one of it's wings "we have to find a way out of here" she told it not knowing if it knew what she was saying or not. she didn't care ether, it felt good to talk.

Zephyr looked up into his rider's eyes and he simply nodded. He understood her perfectly. As she unstuck one of his wings from his back, he looked around the place his egg had resided for a hundred years. It was covered in brambles and thistles, and the entrance had been grown over. No wonder no one had been able to find his egg! He spotted a large rock near the edge of the cave, pocketed with handholds and such, making it able to get out of the cave. Zephyr touched his rider's mind and said There's that rock over there you could use to escape...

Raven stared at the dragon um.... ok could you climb in to my shoulder bag so I can cliimb up she asked him. she had thought that dragons could not comanacat until they grew up.

Okay. Zephyr clambered up her back, using his frontal claws to dig into her shirt as handholds. She was obviously surprised that he could mental speak so early, but she had not been searching with her mind for a person to find her egg for about a hundred years.

((holy, you guys went to town smile.gif ))

Eragon nodded to Emily when she smiled. "That's normal. The itch should go away soon." He smiled then glanced at Saphira. "You are positive you can manage today? I don't want you to over do it alright?" He said, looking into her big blue eyes.

-----

Draith waited at the exit of the tunnel, masked in the light from outside. She could see Zailik well enough without the orb giving off its own light. "Are you coming or no? Leaving you down here seems like a waste of a good human..." She said thinking of how he'd die down here alone. If this takes any longer we'll miss it completely. Draith sighed, watching the orb die away. She tried to hear anything both outside and down where Zailik was, wondering if he had done anything to the orb. The boy though had gone completely quiet which worried her a little. "I know you're not alright but are you at least alive?" She asked, walking down to where he was again.

-----

Zailik grunted as he shifted his leg to minimize the pain in his ankle. He heard Draith call but ignored her. "Why can't she just leave me alone?" He grumbled to himself, trying to stand. The pain hurt incredibly but Zailik resisted the urge to scream as he tried to walk. The orb went out just then and that made things worse for his walking attempt. Only one step it took to have him fall again. Zailik's fall landed him back on the floor in an instant, jarring his head against the wall in the narrow tunnel. Not even a sound came from him though as his body laid motionless.

((I've had that happen before....it's not fun but I think you already knew that))

"ok hang on" said Raven as she climbed up the wall. she reached the top and rolled out on to the grass.

---------

"thank you again" Emily said standing up, she looked up at the sky "I should go and help with something"

(gaaa I cant think today)

Edited by dragonsword

May I join? ninja.gif

Human (or was, anyway)

Username: Pugglemuggle

Name: Kianna Neldasdaughter

Bio: Kianna grew up where Brom did, as she’s Brom's long lost sister. During the early years, Brom had always been shadowed by his older sister. She was a very good magician and sorceress, and everyone in their small town adored her. They tended to ignore Brom until he turned 10 and became a dragon rider. Kianna knew the human body and could prevent people from using magic, moving, etc. by jabbing and punching then in certain places. Although she had all these abilities, she was young and foolish, and too young to deal with all this power she possessed. When Kianna was 13 (a year after Brom had left), she summoned a spirit that was more powerful than she was. Just as the evil spirits were about to overrun her, some good spirits consumed her body to keep the bad ones at bay. However, these good spirits placed her under a curse for the 115 years, during which she did not age. It was like she was asleep, but she was aware of her surroundings. In addition, the spirits bestowed upon her vast amounts of knowledge they had gathered over their existence every day they held her captive. Her family lost the hope that she would ever awaken. Only in book four does she finally come around. The curse left her enlightened and much more intelligent after the 115 years she was under the curse.

Personality: Kianna is very smart and good at solving puzzles. She's young, and acts childish sometimes too, but she has much more knowledge because she was actually alive for about 115 more years. She is quiet and loves to read the elven novels. Kianna will not kill anyone or anything. She is graceful, though not as much as an elf. Her grace allows her to weave in and out of obstacles and dances lightly around the battle field. No one can stop her from entering the battle, because technically, she's not a child at 120 years old. Kianna gets along well with Elva because they were both cursed with an unusual blessing. She usually skips from place to place rather than walking, and enjoys playing games with the other younger children. In book 4, she annoys Saphira and Eragon by jumping out in front of them, stepping on the end of Saphira's tail, poking, prodding, and pretty much doing every possible thing to irritate them. She even created a miniature rain cloud with magic above Eragon's head. It lasted for hours and refused to go away no matter how hard he tried. Although Kianna's actually Eragon's aunt, she acts like a little sister. Like Saphira, she has more knowledge than her age suggests. She has a small crush on Nolfavrell, even though he has killed a man, which she disapproves of. He's her age in a way, after all.

Appearance: She wears a shirt of lavender silk and a light blue skirt. The shirt has sleeves that go down to her elbows, making her magic easier to do. As she awakened from her curse, her hair turned a bright silver color. She keeps her long hair loose over her shoulders. Her eyes are lavender, like Elva's, but have a strange misty haze. The shoes she wears are flats with a hard leather toe, perfect for kicking people who annoy her. However, she hardly resorts to such methods, because she doesn't like violence. Kianna is never without a small woven bracelet that Brom sent her on her 13th birthday. It’s of elven make and has multiple bands of colors. When there is a battle where she must wear armor, Kianna dresses in a fine silver mail that allows maximum mobility. The mail covers her entire body. Upon her head she wears a silver medium helm embellished with purple leaves and flowers. It covers her entire head and face, leaving only her eyes and nose.

Preferred weapon: Kianna uses that wooden rod Angela has in her house. You know, the one Solembum warned Eragon not to touch, the one that shocked him? Angela let Kianna turn it into a staff. If she touches someone with it, they are unable to move, or are knocked out. It's like a taser. In book 4, Kianna joins Angela and Solembum and becomes their apprentice. Angela gave Kianna the weapon when she agreed to take her in. Kianna named it Du sverd abr arget datia, meaning 'the sword of silver mist, because when an enemy was attacked, all they saw was her swishing silver hair and her misty eyes as they collapsed onto the ground in agony. The rod is silver with the same embellishment she sports on her helm. It has a sword-like hilt with an amethyst embedded in the center. Kianna carries it everywhere she goes.

Kianna’s other weapon is her knowledge of the human body. She can prevent people from using magic, moving, etc. by jabbing and punching then in certain places. Kianna occasionally carries a Birchwood bow crafted by the elves. It has lavender embellishments as well.

Kianna has a strange ability left for her by the spirits. She has the ability to make people fall asleep. This ability is especially strange, as it doesn’t require magic. However, the skill puts a huge strain on her mental and physical being, so she rarely uses it except for emergencies. She can only use it on up to five people at a time, and afterward, she’s tired enough to where she falls asleep herself.

Magic user: Kianna is a magic user. She was born a natural sorceress, but there really wasn’t anyone to teach her. She practiced her magic alone, and learned bits and pieces of the Ancient Language from scrolls her father had. When she was about eight, a magician moved into town. Her name was Lydia, and she taught Kianna about magic, and even a little about sorcery. However, she took advantage of these powers and was consumed by spirits in front of her master’s very eyes. After the spirits released her, they took away all of her sorcery and most of her magic. She is no longer a sorceress, but she still practices magic with the Ancient Language. She's good enough at magic to preform healing and other simple things, though it’s not strong enough for her to fight with. Kianna’s magic is a light lavender color, almost transparent. Her mind is well protected, and sometimes it is even undetectable by enemy magicians.

Side: Why, the Varden, of course! After all, her brother died serving them, and her nephew is on their side as well.

Other: The spirits that took over Kianna haven't 100% left her. Small bits and pieces remain deep inside her. Since the spirits who consumed her were immortal, she is immortal as well.

Really long, I know... But hey. At least it's not too short! tongue.gif

Could someone give me a quick summery of what's going on right now?

((sorta....well only about a third of what's going on 'cause I don't remember....

Draith and Zailik are in the secret tunnel in the king's castle making their way out...for something

Eragon and Saphira are at their tent talking to Emily

Raven found a dragon egg

Clara is somewhere....and someone else I'm forgetting))

Draith found out why the light had gone out on her way down the narrow tunnel to see what had happened to Zailik. Turns out she forgot to keep the spell going for it to pulse out light as it was needed for Zailik to see. Another orb flashed in her palm revealing Zailik's limp body. She knelt down, feeling for a pulse. "Well, you're still alive...just this once." Draith said, examining Zailik's ankle. She determined it was in fact broken in two place and dislocated. Sighing, Draith muttered the healing spell and waited a few moments before trying to wake Zailik up. With the first attempt a failure, Draith picked up Zailik and carried him out of the tunnel.

-----

Zailik woke dizzy, very dizzy to a dim and fuzzy light in his eyes. He blinked twice, groaning from the pain in his head. A figure that he couldn't quite make out came over him and spoke. The voice he swore he'd heard before. Blinking again Zailik managed to sit up and stared at the figure for a moment. "Draith? Wait, where are we?" He asked hoarsely, noticing that the light was a fire beside him.

Raven got to her feet brushing some twigs out of her silver hair "we should go stop the urgels" she said to the dragon on her shoulder. and waited for a answer.

(someone post something involving Emily pleas)