picknick10

Eragon (semi-lit)

((yeah...that would be useful to know, not saying I'm whining or anything just saying it would be useful to know. ........heh aw what the heck it shouldn't hurt to do that....))

Eragon awoke quickly after a dream of flying with Saphira. He found himself back at his tent in the Varden. "Guess everything went ok with Emily riding on Saphira." Eragon said to himself stepping outside to find Saphira there by his tent, asleep. He smiled and knelt down next to her before sitting down completely. Eragon rested his back against Saphira while letting her know that it was him with his mind.

------

Draith sighed, slightly annoyed now from Zailik's whining. "If your that bothered by me then why do you insist on whining and making things worse?" She turned to face the boy with an out-of-place smile. Zailik was beginning to become a pest but that didn't mean straightening him out couldn't be done the way she wanted. Turning back around Draith tapped the door lightly before walking left and doing the same thing. When she came back to the door it opened slightly and with a little whisper from Draith it swung open. "Follow me and don't get lost. This is our last stop and exit." She said before walking inside.

-----

Zailik didn't like the smile Draith gave him or the way she talked right now. It was like she didn't want him to be here yet she did give the 'go ahead' to come. Zailik watched the shade for a moment and tried figuring out what she was doing before Draith was finished. "Alright....but if I don't whine about a huge thing you do then you owe me." He said trying to change the subject of getting in trouble to getting out of it. "Why are you so adamant about getting out? You do realize three days of rest means that right? So far I haven't seen you even think about rest." Zailik flinched as the door opened unexpectedly. He peered in past Draith as she talked and wondered how a room filled with books could be an exit. "So where are we going after we get out of here? Oh, and how exactly are we going to get out of here?" Zailik asked following Draith into the very large room.

((ah how short I make the more important characters paragraphs and how surprisingly equal the first two are. What can i say to that? I have not clue what's going on for Eragon and am at a loss for what to do with Draith besides getting her out....after that I probably won't do anything. .....or maybe just maybe I could...))

raven wached from her tree as eragon walked out of his tent where have I seen him befor she tought.

Saphira blinked her eyes opened and gave a yawn. She swung her head toward Eragon. "Morning little one." She blinked and her vision adjusted to the dim light of the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aryn was still puzzled about her mother's sorrow expression. Maybe her father had just done it that way. She tried to confince herself but the way it looked, it looked so real.

Just as she left the room, Aryn noticed something. A small worn-out book. Warily she approched and picked up the book. It had no title strangly. When she flipped open the book, a neatly handwritten sentence shone.

Journal of Naudra.

Aryns hands shook. Her mother's life, written into these pages! Maybe she could find out why her mother looked so sad in the fairth. She merely scanned the pages until she came to an intresting entry.

My life is ruined forever and shall be a mark of sorrow wrentched into these pages. My first son, my first child is gone. Forever. I remember, the day.

I was forced to give him up. My last precious moments with him. It was a sunless day, in a meadow surrounded by trees. At the back of the meadow was the sea, he dissapeared into. I had put him in a basket, changed his appearence and placed as many enchancements I could. With one finally touch of his face, I pushed the basket out into the sea. I grieve for him. I grieve for Nickolas. My child...My child...

Aryn couldn't make out the last few sentences. Her mother, had given up a child and known nothing about where he was to go? She was forced? But who, what monster would force a mother elven to give up her first child?

Edited by Saphira BrightScales

raven jumped from tree to tree until she was over eragon. she planed to say good morning to him when her shoulder bag started to buzz making her fall with a crash out of the tree, she landed with a thump on the ground, groaning she rolled to her feet, and polled out a small buzzing ball "oh..... that’s what made me fall" she said as she pushed a small button on the side of the ball and the buzzing stopped. looking up at eragon she said in elven "good morning rider" she bowed then terned to go.

Saphira looked at her with a questioning glance. "Morning young one." She said to Raven. "Are you alright?" Saphira said with alarm. She swung her head to examine Raven with careful eyes.

"I think so" said raven brushing some sticks out of her silver hair "I just think I sprained my ankle that’s all". she bent down and felt her ankle for injury, but found nothing wrong with it "never mined I'm fine" she said smiling up at saphira, raven blinked and her blue eyes turned to bright red

------------------

Emily woke up staring at the roof of the tent. she blinked ones then she remembered where she was. she slipped out of bed and went outside to get some fresh air.

(Um, concerning you're character: nothing. But a full Recap:

Saphira BrightScales: Aryn is leaving, her father had given her the dragon rider sword. She discovered her mother's old diary and reads it. She finds out Nick is a long lost brother her mother had been forced to give up. (She just dosen't know Nick that's all. Just the name_)

Saphira is sitting outside, it's morning and Eragon and Raven are beside her.

Arrow is exploring the forest with Tensi.

Dragonsword: Raven is outside with Eragon and Saphira. Her ankle is sprained.

Dragonhatchling: With Saphira and Raven

Kokay: (I'm not sure actually)

Hollyleaf: exploring the forest with Arrow...)

((um I know why kokay is not posting she is waiting for nick to post she told me that when I asked her))

[For the around the fifth time or so, Nick, can I make another dragon? You never seem to notice me. T_T]

[*Cough cough*]

((I'm one to be confused.....))

((Hollyleaf: maybe PM Nick about it and as Dragonsword said, also put it in bold on here. But maybe just in case put it in bold on a PM too.))

((I actually made it a while ago. Last summer to be exact. Anyone can use it if they'd like.))

(I thought I already said yes, hollyleaf.)

Nick sighed. "I guess your going to take me to my tent then?" He asked already feeling sleepy. He hadn't slept on solid ground for a while. "Lead the way then?" he asked The leader of the Varden's nephue. Rein stood up and moved next to Nick yawning. She was also very sleepy

((Here's the code Dragonsword:

[URL=http://oork.com/nedhf][IMG=http://i43.tinypic.com/swtgdy.png][/URL]

like I said before, anyone is welcome to this or any other thingy-ma-jig in my sig....or I could make someone one.....))

Draith was beginning to have second thoughts on agreeing with Zailik about taking him along. "Once we're out of here then hopefully things will get a little better." She mumbled, walking down a row before turning left to a bare wall. One stone was faintly discolored from the rest so much so that you had to have the right amount of light directly on it to even tell. Draith though had come with a back-up plan if that didn't work. She smiled ever so slightly and raised her hand to the wall. "Garjzla." Draith spoke quietly and watched as the stone she needed lit up. "Stay close now, its easy to get lost in here." She said as a narrow passageway opened.

------

Zailik wondered what this shade was up to in a library of all places. Maybe she's looking for another book? He thought following Draith down the many rows of books. When they stopped at an empty wall Zailik was extremely confused. He opened his mouth to ask a question but could see Draith was busy. Great more hallways. Please no stairs. Zailik thought as the passageway opened up. "Alright I'll stick around but what exactly are we sneaking around for? Your ordered to rest for at least- well no it was exactly three days. So far you've not rested since you came back." Zailik wasn't sure if he should have said that but instead watched Draith walk in without the light spell activated. "Guess I'm walking in the dark....or maybe not." Zailik changed his mind when he remember that he had the ability of magic as well. Worth a shot, hope this doesn't kill me. He thought whispering the word Draith used before. A small ball of light rested in his palm but Zailik felt the pull of energy as the spell reached full effect. Least it didn't kill me. He thought walking down the hall right behind Draith.

((because I have no clue what to do with Eragon....or Draith or Zailik.....welcome back writer's block, I haven't missed you at all while you were gone dry.gif ))

[i don't think so, but okay now. Thanks- and sorry for sounding really annoyed. I know everybody's busy right now. smile.gif]

Karo would smile as she just shook her head and tried to clear her mind of trying to learn more of the language as she knew some, but if she could not use them then what was the point? Though the fawn running off would make her focus more and she would chuckle softly at his words. "Oh I know how the magic works as my people still practice it, but I have never been gifted in that art at all. Give me a weapon and I can beat about everyone except a few of the elders, but tell me to use magic and I tin to pass out.", Karo replied with slight humor on her part, but her humor would quickly die at Ketu's last words. Of course she knew from stories that if the rider dies then so will the dragon, but she could not see putting his life on the line like that and she knew she would try to find a way to untie the bound from being that close. Yet with her lack of ability in magic then it would not help anyways if she did find something as she would not be able to cast it. Taking a small breath she would just shake her head a little as she guessed her emotions of dislike and her own protectiveness would be an answer that would be loud and clear to those words. 'I do not wish to be happy if it means for him to die....I was not truly happy before him and now that I have him...I would die without him.', she thought to herself before she would notice him launching himself on a squirrel.

She did flinch a little as the sound of bones breaking came to her sensitive ears, but soon she would smile and say out-loud, "A mighty dragon you must be for doing well on the very first hunt! You will do well in the world my little friend." A soft sound would catch her attention before she heard growling behind Ketu, she would draw her bow from her back once more with an arrow already notched and moving a little in front of Ketu without thinking. Eyes would narrow as she seen two figures come out of the shadows the forest held and sadly even with her sight she could not see the details of their faces. "Who might you people be? Wondering about in a forest is not something I would recommend for people who are not native.", Karo said with a growling like tone as she shifted her stance to make sure if she had to then she could dodge anything if needed.

~~

Kanya would emit a soft cooing like sound as she felt her rider's pain, but she would never take back her words and would not even say anything as if the possibility would never happen. She might still be young and her mind still developing, but she was not a fool to think she would not be hurt or maybe even killed in her lifetime. "I am sorry you must hear those things, but it is how things are with you and I. It shall be like this for as long as I can protect you and I will not let myself die anyways until I know you will be content and happy with your life.", Kanya said as she licked her rider's hand as Clara reached out to pick her and the rabbit up.

She curled up slightly in Clara's arms as she once more watched their surroundings in curiosity and for anything that might pose a danger to her rider. The camp came into view and without really knowing her tail would start to sway in a fashion that would have reminded anyone of a feline being happy knowing food and warmth was well on the way. As soon as she touched the ground, Kanya would twirl around and tilt her head a little when she seen Clara looking to her marked palm as if she was contemplating something and before Kanya could ask she heard one word. Kanya would admit that when she heard her rider say the elven word for fire and felt the draining of her energy she panicked slightly as she ran closer to Clara's side. Though when Clara released the spell she would say in a somewhat shaky tone, "Yes Clara, but you must first learn how to do small things first. To much at one time can kill you."

The food that was soon placed in front of her did calm her down as she could tell Clara did not hold the spell long enough to harm herself, but she still felt a little shaken at just the thought of how bad that could have been. First she would make sure that her rider was eating before she would start on her own and once more her tail would wag slightly behind her in delight at the tastes this rabbit held. Once done she would start to clean herself of the blood that rested on her talons and lips before stretching with a small yawn emitting. Of course she was not really tired, but her small frame would grow quickly and it would be painful at times she was sure with cramps in her muscles. At lest stretching when she could would help cut down on these cramping, but then again she would not have to worry about them for a few more days to come.

((Sorry about the wait! I did not read over this post because I am to tried to do so seeing as it is almost 1am, but might look over it when I get some sleep.))

“what do you want with him” growled Emily blocking the big man from getting to her friend

“I wont harm him… not that much” said the man with a chuckle pushing Emily to one side. She didn’t move one bit

“I won’t let you harm him even a little bit” she said drawing her dagger from it’s sheath and standing over her friend’s still body that lay on the ground at her feet.

“get out of my way girl” the man hissed at her flinging her from the trail and sending her slamming in to a rock.

“Emily….. No” yelled will shocking the big man. He stared at the small fuzzy animal on the branch above his head.

“it can talk” he said in a half scared half awestruck voice.

“he can when he wants to” said Emily with her dagger to the man’s throat.

Emily started out of sleep shocked by her dream “that was weird will” she muttered to him rubbing his small head.

-----------------------------

Raven bowed again to Eragon and Saphira, then turning she walked back to the tree, and started to climb it to watch the sunrise.

Clara felt Kanya rush to her side once she spoke the elven language and put her hand out to the small shaking figure with tried eyes. "It's okay Kanya. I was only testing it..." Looking up at the sky she saw the sun was up high in the sky and it was getting later. Finishing her bite she placed the rest of her food in a leather wrap before she grabbed a dagger at her side. "If you are sleepy you should get some rest my dear one," she whispered to Kanya after she noticed the young dragon yawning. Smiling she reached down and pet her head softly before looking up and her smile turning to a frown. Something was troubling her mind as she looked around the camp her eyes looking as if they were to land on something dangerous. "I think we should move camp, Kanya. Something fills very, very stange."

She grabbed up her weapons again and then her food before wrapping it up in a bag and slapping it around her waist as well as her bow and arrows. The bow was broken but it could be fixed. "Come on Kanya." Clara bent down to her feet and lowered her back to Kanya so she could sit in the hole in her back that her back pack made. It was big enough for the young dragon to hold her head around Clara's shoulder and also to jump out if she needed to. "I just feel like something is coming, not sure what though."

~

Ketu's eyes were locked on both of the shadows and he was letting out loud snarls. They only answered Karo with loud growls and shaking of furry heads. A man soon walked out of the shadows, a very ugly looking man, 'You!' Ketu's head snapped around to the ugly unhuman looking person who had a huge sythe looking obect in his hand. The urgal let out a shocked face then backed up as Ketu's large fangs showed when he backed up to his rider in attempted to protect her. 'He works with the king!' Ketu's furious voice rang through Karo's mind and he walked forward. The urgal let out a grunt and sneered stepping forward also the two wolf-like animals behind him strained at something. "You are the new rider! We kill!" Ketu flared open his wings and let out a mock roar, "try me!" The urgal only let out a hiss before walking forward and waving his sythe object at Ketu.

The tiny dragon leapt to the side and gripped the object as it landed in his jaws and pulled. The urgal pulled back with a effort but somehow he was not able to get it out of the tight jaws. "Run Karo!" The little dragon looked at his rider with pleading eyes, he didn't know what his rider could do but he also didn't want her hurt. Soon as he said something one of the wolves broke free and jumped at Ketu, the dragon flared open his wings and locked eyes on the wolf but in mean time let go of the urgal's weapon. The wolf skid to a stop and backed up from Ketu's eyes with it's tail tucked and it whimpered. The urgal growled in rage and attacked at Ketu again before the little dragon could look, but Ketu was to quick and dodged only to land on a tree. He let out a loud hiss, 'deyja!' The urgal growled again only this time he looked at Karo. Ketu got into an attack position as he got ready to pounce on the ulgy human in attempts to keep his rider safe.

(( *in the forest, near the Spine. ))