walkman42

Süpėr School

A few moments later Julius came leaping back out of the hole, as softly and as gently as if he was flying. When he landed he crossed the damp earth back over to Tegan.

"Okay. I'm big enough to admit when I'm baffled" he told the teenager. "That flower normally only grows in Brazil. In fact the soil around here is all wrong for it. It should never have grown at all. And I'm fairly certain it wasn't here when I did my check for nasties yesterday. It's as though it appeared overnight."

He turned and stared thoughtfully at the flower's remains.

"That species normally only preys on small mammals. Claire would have been far too large to digest. Something is up here."

"Moonshine suggested a super behind it. Or some evil scientist.", Tegan said. He considered mentioning the freezes, but hesitated. He didn't want to get Moira into trouble. But maybe he should give her a call next.

---

((Hope I understand that correctly))

Moonshine had started a jumpkick against the table that Cizzur wasn't standing on any longer.

Cizzur took one step forward to move the center of his inner balance and struck out, intending to strike Moonshine's hip as she landed and thus unbalancing her enough that she would fall to the ground.

Julius nodded in agreement.

"Well whatever went on that plant didn't get here on its own. Someone or something brought it here."

He looked back at Tegan.

"You said it attacked Claire, but what about you and Moonshine. Are the two of you okay?"

"I got a bruise when it hit the lighter from my hands. Moonshine seems fine."

Tegan held up his hands helplessly.

"It seemed totally focused on it's prey - Claire. I think if Moonshine and me hadn't attacked it it would have ignored us."

"Interesting."

Julius gave the flower one last glance then turned his back on it.

"Okay" he said rubbing his hands together. "Let's go and see Claire. Which hospital is she in? I think there are about three round here."

(Not exactly. But oh well I gotta go to bed now. I'll see you tomorow.)

Moonshine hooked her foot around one edge of the table and grabbed the opposite edge with her hand. With a grunt she flipped herself around. She grunted again as she use the centrafusal forc from her flip to throw the table at Cizur. She jumped back and held up a hand. "Ok. That's enough for now."

Tegan sighed. "I was afraid you would ask that. Moonshine teleported us there and I didn't remember to ask before she teleported us back to Hero school. I wi..."

Tegan coughed and put a hand against his forhead. It was so easy to forget using certain words around Julius.

"I have my cell with me. I can give the three of them a call and find out which it is."

---

Cizzur redirected the table, so it smashed into the wall instead of him.

"But it's just getting fun..."

Edited by Laura-Lana

"I know a faster way."

The forrest around them blurred and melded together, merging into an endless sea of colour. This was no ordinary teleportation. The dark colours of the trees and earth brightened up and became the lighter colours of a hospital. When the colours became solid walls and a floor Julius realised someone was standing behind them.

Turning around he saw a docter, pressed up flat against the wall in shock. It was the same doctor that Moonshine had fetched to inspect Claire.

"Uhhg" Tegan slumped against the hospital wall. "Doesn't this make you dizzy?" he asked plaintively in Julius direction. Only then he noticed the pale doctor staring at them.

"We must be in the correct hospital." he informed Julius. "That doctor was the one who tried to diagnose Claire."

Moonshine nodded and said "I'm sorry. But I've got a suicidal father to deal with at the moment. But thanks for the fight. Nothing like Villan school to get out pent up emotions. Best bit is there's no Empaths here." She smiled. She glanced down to her phone and sighed. "Why do I always end up with the crazy ones? A catamose mother, an alien friend, and a nuke father." She sighed and began walking out. "I'll go reclaim my room. If you need me don't hesitate to call." She paused and walked over and hugged him. "I can't believe how much I missed you Cizzur." She smiled at him warmly, then teleported outside the hall near her old room. When she opened it she foudn the ghost of some depressed villan student who had died sitting on the bed. She sighed and pointed to the door. "There's an attic. If you don't mind, this room had never been unocupied. I made sure of that." The gurl stamped her foot stubbornly. Moonshine sighed. "What is it with tooday?"

"Not really. I got sucked into a black hole once. Now that made me dizzy."

When the doctor had composed himself he spotted Tegan. His expression was grave.

"Your friend's condition is not good I am afraid. Is there anyway we can contact her family?"

Edit: I shall be poofing for an hour before long.

Edited by Fortune86

"Are you saying I am crazy too? And since when do you have a problem with empaths. I thought you liked Tegan.", Cizzur called after Moonshine as she walked out of the room.

He followed her, watching her talk with the ghost.

"Get out of there.", he growled at the ghost. "Or I'll find someone who devours beings like you for breakfirst."

---

Tegan shook his head. "We are her family now.", he said.

Claire might have written some information in the file for Hero school, but from what she had told them her parents wouldn't care about her fate.

Edit: I'll miss you two. But I need to poof myself soon anyway so have fun!

Edited by Laura-Lana

Glancing at Tegan over his shoulder Julius stepped towards the doctor.

"Claire is a student at my school, as such I am one of those currently responsible for her. Please tell us what the matter is."

The doctor nodded and picked up the clipboard he had dropped when Julius and Tegan had arrived.

"She has slipped in a coma, but we have no idea why. I had several tox scans and other tests going but they all came back inconclusive."

"She never fought against that flower. I couldn't reach her, not with all my power." Tegan said. "And when she walked to it it looked like she was in trance. Maybe she is spellbound or something like that."

Which brought them back to the idea of some super behind this. But Tegan had seen no one but the flower.

"Can we see her?" asked Julius.

"Of course" the doctor nodded. "This way please."

Julius started to follow the doctor as he made his way to the room where Claire was. When they arrived he saw through the window that the young girl was lying on a bed surrounded by various equipment and three nurses.

"That's a lot of stuff."

"We decided to take no chance" said the doctor. "There may have been something that we missed after all."

"You said 'That flower normally only grows in Brazil'. This means you know what it is. Or maybe I should better say: You know what it should be. So which flower was this creature based on? And have you ever heard about such a transformation before?" Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine turned and shrugged. "When there's more then one empath in a school, you always have to hide you emotions otherwise they know every little insignificant emotion." She turned and gazed at the ghost girl. She growled and floated away. Moonshine nodded once and began to tidy up the room a bit. She smiled to Cizzur and said "Aren't we all a little crazy? We are supers after all." She pulled out her phone and gazed at it. "I've put it off long enough. If I don't ring now he might very much blow up the school..."

Julius turned to Tegan.

"That plant is a proper species, although from what I have seen it has been altered somehow. Normally the vines have thorns, but this one did not. Also the digestive chamber was missing, not that Claire would have been able to fit into it anyway, having been designed for rodents and small mammals."

He looked back through the window at the sleeping Claire.

"And I have never heard of them hypnotising their prey. Whoever put that plant there didn't seem to want to hurt her."

"I've got to endure people calling me dumb, sadistic, violent and evil. I'd rather not add insane to that."

Cizzur stated, but winked at her to show he wasn't angry with her.

"I totally had forgotten you are an empath too now.", he had to admit when Moonshine said that this made her uncomfortable around Tegan.

When Moonshine picked up her phone he fell silent.

---

"They did not want to hurt her?" Tegan asked incedulous. "I think that backfired. Sure there are people who survived coma for years, but it's still a serious danger. The longer she doesn't wake up the higher the chances of her dying instead of reawakening are."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Moonshine glanced to Cizzur, and put the phone on loudspeaker. "Don't tell anyone about this ok? It's strictly family buisness. I'm only telling you, and I'll kill you if you tell a soul." A voice sounded through the speaker. "Is that you Daughter?" Moonshine closed her eyes "Yes.....And I would appreciate you not coming to the school again and threatening the students." The voice on the other end swore softly "I only wanted to see you again after so many years. You don't honestly believe that it was-" Moonshine sighed "Thats not the point of this. The point is you came to the school, threatened to blow it up, I believe you even tried to drag someone away, oh and you preached about the bomb being 'rewired'?" The other voice tok a breath "It's not like that. I took anger management." Moonshine raised an eyebrow "Anger management? Like the last time? Ha! Remember what happened? You were going to work, and hit your toe, and boom. Mother in a coma, and another big nuclear disaster." She sighed once and glanzed to Cizzur Picking up the phone she spoke once more "As I said a week ago, I will think about it. And this time if you start to bother me again, The answer will be no. And if you threaten the school like the other time, then you will find yourself stuck at the bottom of the ocean, or as close as I can get anyway." She closed the phone and sank back onto the bed. "Tch.....Family, who needs it." And closed her eyes and layed there for a few moments.

"Flowers aren't known for their mental capacity" pointed out Julius. "And I believe that whoever is behind this must have plant related abilities."

He was about to continue when he noticed the doctor hovering as if he wanted to say something.

"What is it?"

"It's interesting that this came about as a result from an attack by a plant, because that is exactly how her body is behaving. When a plant 'dies' in winter most of its functions shut down, as though it was sleeping. Claire's body is giving us results that we would normally find in a plant in the winter."

((Please don't ask me to go into depth D: I know nothing.))

"Are you suggesting someone turned Claire into some kind of flower?"

Tegan fought with the concept and a strange thought occured to him.

"Plants are quite immune against my powers too. An animal I'd be able to influence, but the emotions of plants if they have any at all are so different from ours that it doesn't work."

---

"Not me. My family never gave me anything but trouble and abuse.", Cizzur said. Then he paused and said with a smile.

"Except Cure. Did I tell you that I found out I was related to her?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

"I've never heard of a flower that can turn people in plants."

Julius paused then added.

"Well, not in this world anyway."

The doctor looked at the two supers.

"Without more information there is little we can do. Can you bring us a sample of the flower that attacked her?"

Julius nodded.

"Wait right here" he said before he vanished.

Edited by Fortune86

Monshine smiled once. Then closing her eyes she sighed "Such is life. But I think I'll rest for a bit. I've had a mentaly exausting day. I'll see you tomorow Cizzur. Night....Or day...." She pulled out a blanket from under the bed. She smiled in memory as the straps came loose. "How hectic life was back then, but so much fun. I do wonder why Akito and his family vanished....Is it something we should be worried about? But ah well. If human kind can survive an apocolipse, we can survive almost anything."

Being left to his own devices, Tegan's thoughts turned back to his earlier revelation.

He had considered the receptive part of his ability rather burdensome for most of his life. Of course it gave him information (if it was working) that he wouldn't be able to gain otherwise, but the term compassion gained a whole new meaning if one was condemned to suffer along with anyone around.

Now he thought about his ex girl-friends. It was quite a number considering that he had turned 16 not that long ago.

Why had he chosen each of them? Of course there were the looks and personality played a role and he could remember at least two instances where he had picked his next girlfriend because she was giving him an advantage he wouldn't have had otherwise, but there was too high a number that had been in emotional distress when he became interested in them to be coincidence.

---

"Cure was afraid of something. Very much so. She received a warning, that is why she left.

She told me to be strong. Not physically but to be strong of heart. It worried me."

Cizzur looked at the exhausted girl.

"I am keeping you awake. I better leave. See you tomorrow, Moonshine."

Edited by Laura-Lana