walkman42

Süpėr School

Daystar looked at Tegan, who ignored the look.

"Let's return to the school. There are so many supers there, someone is bound to have a useful talent."

---

"Shall we split up?"

---

His cell rang.

"Tommy Freeze, here."

"I think I've spotted the girl you are searching for Mr. Freeze. I spotted her leaving a taxi a few minutes ago."

"Do you know where she went?"

"I didn't follow her, but I can point you in the right direction."

Tommy looked dismayed which wasn't visible over the phone of course.

"I'll be there in a moment" he said. Hopefully they hadn't lost the opportunity.

Suddenly the three of them were back at Super School grounds. Julius looked around and saw Moira and Cadenza in the distance, at the edge of the forest. Where they looking for their friends?

~~~

"Hey Moira?" asked Cadenza shielding her eyes from the sun. "Is that them over there? I can't see Claire."

"Yes, I think that is Tegan. Claire doesn't seem to be with them. But they'll likely know where she is."

Moira started walking in their direction.

---

Tommy had assembled a little team and arrived with the informant a few minutes after. They listend intendly to directions and then spread out trying to find the missing girl.

((These people being sent after Claire, will they all have powers or are they regular people? Or a mixture?))

It was sunny here, and for a reason Claire couldn't explain, that was encouraging.

She was standing by the lake, in front of a few birch trees. The air smelled sweet, the wind blowing over the scent of flowers on the far side of the water. Claire was barefoot, having decided to kick off her shoes and feel the soft grass on her skin. In her hand was a sharp rock, almost pointy. Claire wasn't sure, but she thought it might be flint. She had found it on the trek up here. It was as if it was waiting for her.

Tearing her gaze away from the lake Claire looked down at her 'blade' and turned it over in her hands. It did look strangely like a knife, but without the handle.

Sitting down on the grass Claire gripped the flint in her right hand and carefully drew it across the palm of her left. It didn't seem to hurt as much as one might expect and she watched as a thin red line appeared in its wake. Claire studdied it for a few moments and then closed her eyes. This was it. Time to get on with it.

Getting up onto her knees Claire kept her eyes closed and gripped the flint in both hands, lifting it up to just above head height.

"Goodbye Tegan" she whispered.

And then she brought the knife down.

~~~

When Moira started walking Candenza was a little unprepared and had to rush a little to catch up. When the two girls finally got within distance of Tegan, Julius and Daystar she called over to them.

"Where's Claire?"

((What would you prefer? Oh and I feel kind of a loss what to write at the moment. I thought it would come to me but it's getting close to two weeks now. Any suggestions? Or would a failpost do?))

((failpost then))

Two girls walked into their direction. It were Moira and Cadenza. Cadenza asked about Claire.

"She ran of." Tegan said. His dark blue eyes held worry.

"We believe she might plan on killing herself.", Daystar said. Her voice shook a little.

"What?! Why?!"

Cadenza looked back and forth between Julius, Tegan and Daystar, her eyes wide with shock.

"What happened?"

((I just need to know so I can write a scene around them smile.gif))

((*shruggs* It's not a Superschool and Claire isn't labeled overly dangerous so I guess a mixture would be more likely. More people to comb the woods))

Tegan looked to Mr. Abbadon, spreading his hands as if to say it's your call what we tell them.

He figured it would be a good idea to inform Cadenza and Moira, but then again he had thought it a good idea to tell Claire about Julius ideas too.

"It's ... it's complicated.", Daystar said, to whom it didn't even occur to not answer or lie to the two of them. But she had trouble finding the words to explain.

((I've forgotten what it was I was going to write D:))

"I'm afraid that it is due to an error of mine" said Julius carefully not looking at Tegan. "I had a theory why Claire may have been targeted by her kidnappers and because of my mistake she heard about it."

"What theory would make her consider suicide?" demanded Cadenza.

"That she could, potentially, be used as a pawn to manipulate a being of great power in a way that would have detrimental effects for...well...pretty much everyone. Or thing."

"Huh?"

Candenza looked even more confused at looked at Tegan for clarification.

"Don't look at me for an explanation. If Claire is really intend on killing herself I can't understand why. There won't come anything good from it." Tegan said. "Anyways we better find her. I am going to look for divination talents now or someone similar who might help locating her."

Daystar nodded.

((Got to run. Bye!

And sorry about having waited so long that you've forgotten your post sad.gif))

((That's okay. It wasn't a great post anyway xd.png))

Julius' eyebrow raised slightly at Tegan's comment. He wondered if it was just a show to save face or if he really did not understand. Unfortunately Cadenza noticed and rounded on him.

"What is it?" she asked starting to feel annoyed that information was being withheld.

Sighing Julius took a moment to get together what he was going to say.

"Claire may be attempting to kill herself to prevent her kidnappers from attempting to take over the Earth. True world domination. This greater power that she may or may not be linked with has the power to reshape the world. I'm not just talking about earthquakes or volcanoes, but where crops will grow, rivers form and which animals, including people, will have young. The possibilites are endless."

Cadenza stared up at Julius in frozen horror, not knowing what to do or say in light of this revelation.

((Tegan: Do tell Julius that at this point I belive he's a vanilla human with some unusual powers and as prone to being mistaken as everyone else, so I see no reason to treat a rather unlikely theory as fact. If I knew he was... Actually I would have even greater doubts if I knew who he was, though for other reasons.))

Tegan frowned. "You make it sound like it was a good idea and we shouldn't bother to find her."

He shook his head and looked at Cadenza.

"What Mr Abbadon should have pointed out is that the operative words in all of this are 'if' and 'might'."

Tega looked at Julius. "No insult intended Sir, but we don't know if she is a child of the earth. Our evidence is a word that you think is only known to the avatars of the earth and their offspring, never mind the fact that you yourself are neither nor are you by your own words an expert of this and happen to know anyway.

Pretending it is a fact we theorize that capturing Claire could give someone control over said father. Now I don't know if anyone can blackmail earth, but again lets pretend it's fact not theory.

Now theory number three: If someone could gain control over Claire they could then control where crops will grow, rivers form and which animals, including people, will have young and other possiblities.

I am rather sceptical of this since no matter the pressure I am not able to will my hair to grow where I want it to grow or my blood to flow in the pattern I've assigned or to tell the bacteria living in me how to procreate and I don't see a reason why the earth should. I'd think the things described here fall into the domain of god himself, but again let's pretend for a moment things are as dire as described.

One would think someone as powerful as that would be able to get Claire out of the hands of whomever was foolish enough to try and capture her.

But -theory number four- earth can't or doesn't want to do that.

And now follows the conclusion that to prevent this, Claire should kill herself of.

Unfortunately it follows only under theory number five which states that the consequences of Claire killing herself will be better then those of someone gaining control over her."

Tegan crossed his arms. "And even if it all were true we are still working under an assumption which is that Claire worked this all out on her own too - well most of it- and decided to take her life."

"She definitly ran away after you told her about Mr. Abbadon's theory. And YOU said she wasn't scared only determined.", Daystar pointed out,

Tegan shrugged. "My empathy is far from perfect or exact. And who knows what the trauma did to her? Or that monster plant. Maybe she's being controlled by someone and that is the reason she ran of."

Edited by Laura-Lana

"I've said from the start that it was only a theory" said Julius. "And you'd be surprised how much of an influence the planent has. As long as people eat and breathe they will be subject to it. Anyway, now if not the time to be discussing the sciene behind things. I would have thought that the important thing right now would be to find Claire. Unless that is no longer a priority."

"Of course it is" said Claire having recovered during Tegan's speech. "Can't you just teleport us right to her?"

Julius looked uncomfortable and made a gesture with his hand.

"My power works in complex ways. I can not go to Claire unless some asks it of me."

"You mean like a wish?"

"Yes."

Cadenza turned to look at Tegan.

"Moira and Daystar have already used their wishes. That leaves you and me Tegan."

~~~

Claire was sitting watching the sunlight on the water, blood dripping onto the grass, when she noticed the blue haired woman approach. She turned her head and looked up at her. The woman was quite pretty, although something about her made Claire think of a doll.

"Why don't you let me take a look at that?" the woman asked gesturing at Claire's wound.

((I've allowed three of my four characters to make wishes. You are not getting one from Tegan. Sorry.

Tommy: Am I getting my fight with Cure in the normal reality now?

Me: You'll likely die if you do

Tommy: I could make her have a heart attack.

Me: What didn't you understand about the concept of an immortal healer. Your power is over blood. That is leagues less then what she can do.

Tommy - *pouts*))

"So we agree on the need to find her?" Tegan murmured. "Didn't sound that way a moment ago. Anyways if I do make a wish about this problem it will be if and when the world is on the verge of going to hell."

Tegan still thought the best idea was to find a deviner, but if Cadenza wanted to waste her wish it was her problem.

((Tegan: Why am I always getting in situation when I am near to you where the noble thing would be to make a wish, Julius?

Me: Probably because he doesn't understand your character yet.))

Edited by Laura-Lana

Cadenza looked long and hard at Tegan as understanding dawned. He didn't care about Claire, not really. She was just the girl of the week to him. That in turn made her sad, for both Tegan and Claire. She remembered what that boy, Akito, had said about how most heroes these days only fought for their own interests and that the only real difference between them and villains now was which side they claimed to be on. She hadn't really believed him at the time, but now she could see what he meant.

Then again, Tegan was a teenage boy. Her older brothers had certainly been quite selfish at this age. Perhaps it was just a phase.

Turning her back on Tegan Cadenza turned to face Julius.

"Claire is my friend. I think that is certainly worth a wish" she explained. "I wish...I wish we were with Claire."

The area around them blurred and ran together, swirling like paints in a drain. When their surroundings settled back down and took on proper shapes the five of them were no longer at the school, but beside a lake. Julius found himself looking at several trees over the tops of the teenager's heads. He blinked and as he began to turn around a familiar voice spoke.

"Long time no see."

When Julius saw the woman there was a flicker of surprise and annoyance. Fortunately for him he was now facing the other way from his students, so they did not see. He smiled and greeted the blue haired woman.

"Hello Asa. It has been indeed a long time."

Tegan wouldn't have needed empathy to understand the disillusioned look in Cadenza's eyes. All he could offer was a shrug.

He knew he wasn't anyones idea of a paladin when push came to shove and he had never regretted that. Paladines tended to come to bad ends.

Cadenza turned her back on him and made her wish.

When their surroundings settled back down and took on proper shapes the five of them were no longer at the school, but beside a lake.

"Long time no see."

Like Julius Tegan turned to the voice. He couldn't see Julius expression but he could see Cure and his own eyes widened in surprise.

Then he spied Claire and for a fraction of a heartbeat anger twisted his lips as he was reminded of what she had done to him.

He surpressed the emotion as quick as it had come and -ignoring Cure- hurried over to Claire, who was looking very pale.

Moira drew one of her knives when she saw Cure, but then she remembered how much the woman meant to Cizzur and let the weapon vanish again. If Cure planned to attack them, she'd try to defend but she wouldn't harm a hair on her head. Therefore the knifes were not helpful.

"Hello Asa. It has been indeed a long time."

Edited by Laura-Lana

Claire was also surprised at the sudden arrival of her friends and Julius. When she saw Tegan she noticed a slight twisting of his lips and wasn't sure if it was directed at her or a side effect of being teleported here. When he hurried towards her she stood up and began to speak but was cut off by the blue haired woman called Asa.

"Don't say anything" Cure said over her shoulder, not taking her eyes off Julius.

Claire lasped into silence but looked sadly at Tegan. She had not wanted to involve him any further.

"If you are here" said Julius slowly to Cure. "Then that means my theories were correct."

"Oh really?" said Cure with a dangerous smirk. "I know something else you can theorize."

The tone between the two adults seemed quite friendly and jovial, but anyone watching their eyes could tell that their smiles did not reach them. These two were not friends.

(Moonshine: She just HAD to come back.

Me: Do you want to get on her bad side again?

Moonshine: ....Welcome back Cure. Nice to see you..)

((*sneaks in, head down* I didn't manage to post on time and then I couldn't bring myself to post because I was feeling so guilty to not have posted sooner, but I am realizing if I don't get over that soon I won't be able to rp at all anymore and I'd miss that a lot. Can you two forgive me one more time?))

"How are you? Are you injured?" Tegan knelt down beside her and put a hand on her shoulder.

Cure and Julius kept talking and though it looked like all his focus was on Claire he kept listening.

Both the friendly tone and the unfriendly undercurrent between Cure and Julius passed over Moira's head. But she did observe them closely and though she had trouble with emotions there was nothing wrong with her ability to think logical.

((*hugs Ware* Lubs ya! Thank you!

Uhm... Fortune says she has lost most of her interest in this RP and since it's closed for accepting new charries it has been dying quite a while anyway. How do you think about relocating ?))

Edited by Laura-Lana