walkman42

Süpėr School

Cadenza caught Moira's gaze and handed the the notes. Since she was the one who found the odd looking Gnome, maybe she wanted to be the one to write about it.

~~~

"Okay" said Claire with a mild blush. "Let's go."

~~~

"Over here."

There were still a few students about and Julius wasn;t sure if it was such a good idea to be overheard. He walked towards the wall behind his desk but as he approached it a doorway opened up, leading into a room filled with dark blue skies and floating stars.

(Damn, everyone's on when I'm not. )

Moonehine glancd toward Moria for a moment and noticed a boy with him. She had to admit, he was rather cute. She frowned, since when had she known what 'cute' was. Or was she just comparing him to what she thought she liked? Or was there something in the eyes that she was sensing. Or maybe- "Damn you Tegan." She cursed. Then shaking such throughts from her head she walked into the room.

Edited by warewolves

Moira puzzled for a moment over the question why Stu Young would lead to Phil. Then she realized that Phil was likely the boys hero name.

"All right. Phil then. You can call me Puppet if you prefer that to Moira."

She did not remember which hero name was in her file but her brother Tommy called her puppet and so did Tegan on occasion, though Cizzur used Moira-doll. It seemed oddly fitting.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Once Moira was inside the room of stars the doorway vanished, leaving just the two of them in the dark blue night.

"The reason I wanted to talk to you is because someone claiming to be your father appeared today" Julius told her as a small galaxy spun between them. "He left a message for you. I believe his exact words were 'The bomb had been rewired, please answer the phone'."

The last sentance was said in the voice of Moonshine's father, as though the man himself had said them.

((Don't have Moonshine try and teleport out. Julius added certain defenses to make sure they wouldn't be disturbed.))

~~~

"I doubt it would be completey unappreciated though."

Claire was looking at one of the few male students in the class. Up until Julius had made the door vanish he had been gazing at him like a look sick puppy. Now that the teacher was hidden from sight the boy was now looking at Tegan.

Moonshine stared at him. Then she chocked back a laugh. She turned away and coverd her mouth until she got her emotions under controll. Then she turned back, a grin still on her face. "That hairbrained idiot believes that he can rewire something so dominant in mankind? Ha! Now this I've got to see. Thank you er-" She paused. She mused for a moment "I don't think I should call a teacher by their first name...." She shrugged and looked back at him and smiled "Thanks Julius. I guess I better go call my father" The last word held something similar to scorn in it. She paused and said "Have you ever heared of the Hiroshima bombing?" Turning she looked around for the door. "Excuse me, do you mind if I leave now?" She turned back and smiled. "Thanks again.

Edited by warewolves

Julius raised a hand and fixed Moonshine with a stern gaze.

"Hiroshima? Yes. I was there. No perhaps you would be so kind as to do some explaining?"

Julius shook his head.

"No. You mentioned a bomb, mankind and Hioshima. This is obviously something that affects a lot of people and is potentially lethal. I would say that is everyone's business."

Edited by Fortune86

Moonshine sighed and nodded. "Yes. I guess that's true. But I am only willing to tell you one thing ok? If you know this, then it should be enough to keep you out of my affairs for now." She paused and gazed at him evenly. "My father is a Nuclear bomb."

(:3)

Julius thought about this and then nodded.

"Okay. As in he has super abilities that give him powers similar to one or that he is something that a mad scientist threw together and somehow developed sentience?"

He looked over at Moonshine.

"And the ability to breed?"

Moonshine rubbed her temples. "He a super ok? Look I'll put it in simple terms. He gets angry, and explodes. It happened for the first time when he was a kid, in Hiroshima. Now can I go?"

Tegan followed her gaze and grinned as he caught her meaning. "There is that." he admitted. "But believe me, with the time I spend on my looks, I don't need to add flirting to be mistaken for something I am not. Unfortunatly I've found that boys like him are prone to loose their heart over the kind of lighthearted flirting that wouldn't do more than flatter a girl."

He shrugged and held his hands up in a gesture of helplessness. "And all I can do with a males heart is break it."

The boy who had seen him looking was walking toward them now.

Tegan made puppy eyes at her. "And here we go again. Would you mind rescuing me, Kitty-Cat?"

"And how does this relate to being dominant in mankind?"

~~~

"I'm not sure how. He looks kind of determind."

~~~

When Moira suggested that Phil call her 'Puppet' she felt like she ought to intervene. The idea of refering to another person as something you could easily manipulate made her uncomfortable.

"Or maybe we could just stick to using our actual names. I'm Cadenza" she said to the boy. "Pleased to meet you."

Moonshine growled. "I would explain it, but I've told you what you need to know. So may I please leave now sir" she stressed the last part. She should work on her paitence skills. But with him nearby she didn't have time for such trivial things.

"Actually I think I need to know more" said Julius. "And don't worry about being late for anything. Time is relative in here, so no matter how long your explanation is you will still leave in time for dinner."

Moonshine closed her eyes for a moment. Then she sighed. Sitting down she closed her eyes. She was silent for a few moment. Then giving in, she said "Go to hell."

(biggrin.gif)

Edited by warewolves

Tegan chuckled. "Then maybe it's time for a tactical retreat."

He wrapped his arm around her waist, waved a vague bye, bye in the direction of the boy and steered Claire out of the room.

"Kitchens are that way.", He pointed to the right. "And if you don't mind, I'd appricate it if we hurried. If our esteemed teacher doesn't reappear he might decide to follow."

---

Moira cast a confused look at Cadenza. Hadn't she said she didn't like using her normal name? And now she was insisting on it? Moira couldn't imagine a logical reason for that so she figured it was something emotionally again. It never occured to her that Cadenza might be worried about her.

She did as she always did on occasions like these and just accepted it.

Moira put their (now completed) notes on the desk of Mr. Abaddon, then decided to try the murky waters of informal conversation again.

"What does Phil stand for?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

He noticed that one of the girls had left, leaving just two there. He smiled at them, letting it widen at the adoration he felt over the nickname 'Puppet'. It was just too cute. Stu's gaze flicked to the previously unnamed student as she began to speak, protesting the use of the nicknames and suggesting that they use their normal titles. He nodded, shrugging casually.

"The pleasure's all mine, Miss Cadenza," the boy replied smoothly. "That's a very pretty name, you have. Is it of foreign origin?"

Stewart glanced toward Moira, who placed several sheets of paper, patterned with ink, on the teacher's desk. His head jerked slightly as she spoke to him again, asking what 'Phil' meant.

"Philosopher, oddly enough," Stu quirked his eyebrow at her in an amused fashion. "What about 'Puppet'? I must admit, it's incredibly cute."

Two chairs appeared out of now where and Julius sat down on one and crossed his legs.

"I can wait for as long as it takes. I once spent four years in here I have no problem with doing it again."

~~~

The look on the approaching boy's face made Clair cringe. It looked like she had just made an enemy for life here. Nevertheless she allowed Tegan to guide her out of the room and speeded up at his request.

(Ah julius, you don't know how to deal with Moonshine do you?)

Moonshine sighed and stood up and picked up the chair. She then smashed it against the ground. Turning in what direction the door was, she gazed at him from the corner of her eye. "Listen closely, cause I ain't repeating myself. The trigger to my fathers power is his anger. He is saying that He wants to see me to prove he will no longer get angry. Which is a load of crap. Now I lan to get out of here and call him before he deides to make good on whatever threats you have omitted so now let me go. Oh and if you want a replacement chair just steal the one I have in my room." She turned and gazed at the door and said no more. You would almost think breaking a chair happened often with the way she said the last statment.

Tegan had notice the angry look too, but didn't comment.

They made good on their escape and sucessfully talked the kitchen girl in allowing them to take provisions with them.

A few minutes later Tegan was leading Claire out of the school and toward the nearby woodland.

---

"I am pretty sure no one called anything having to do with me 'cute' ever before." Moira reflected.

"Puppet refers to the fact that I am not very good with selfinitiative. I used to sit somewhere and do nothing until I got instructions, but Tegan told me to avoid that so I am trying to keep myself busy. But it is hard.

((And she knows nothing about Julius.))

The chair reformed its self and spang back into place. If Moonshine's father was as quick to lose his temper as she was no wonder she didn't believe him.

"See? That wasn't so hard, was it? And as for your father I would highly recommend that he gets help. There are plenty of ways to control one's temper. I think you should look some up as well come to that."

His tone was not patronising or inciting. He spoke as though he was merely remarking on the weather.

~~~

"How big are the woods?" asked Claire. "I'm not worried about getting lost, just wondering how much we will be able to see before it gets dark.

Edited by Fortune86

(True :3)

Moonshine tapped her foot impaitently and said nothing. She was done talking. And he wouldn't see her in this class again unless it benifited her.

"Three miles or four in both directions." Tegan said. "We are pretty much in the middle of it. If we walked straight forward we should be able to cross it in half a mile. But I suggest we stay on the paths. Not as quick but less chance to get lost."

He gave her a wry grin.

"I fear I am not quite as comforable about my orientation skills if all I can see is trees."

"I've never gotten lost in the woods" said Claire looking around her. "Ever since I was little I could go walking through them and always know how to get home on my own."

~~~

It appeared that Moonshine has decided to clam up rather than be helpful or be helped. Juliu decided that he had done all he could for now.

"Think about what I said Moonshine" he said standing up. "There is no reason for people to be hurt if something can be done about it. That's part of what being a hero is, isn't it?"

There was a flash of light and the doorway reappeared, revealing the classroom on the other side.

Moonshine walked through the door. Once she was out she turned and gaed at him hard for a long minute, then turned and walked away. She pulle out her phone and began dialing a number. She passed Moria and didn't bother to look at the man beside her. "Hey moria, hey Tegan." She said, then continued on her way. She had buisness to take care of. "Tch, stupid phones and not being teleport proof." She mutterd as she walked down the hall.