walkman42

Süpėr School

When Julius returned after a few moments his face was grim.

"Either there is more than one giant hole in the ground in that wood or someone is playing silly buggers. The flower is gone. There isn't so much as a trace of it."

Moonshine nodded gravely. Standing up she began to push him out the door grinning. "Now get lost. I've got to get some rest. Meet me here tomorow, we'll go skydiving." She laughed. "Just kidding, we'll go out and have some fun. Maybe a carnival or something. Night Cizzur." She smiled and closed the door. Then she laye down in her bed and closed her eyes and sighed. "What is this forboding in the air? The emotions of others....all have a slight paranoid edge, more so then normal. I didn

t notice at the Hero school....but I feel it here thickly. Maybe beause these people are more conected with their instincts....But what is it?" She sighed and closed her eyes and drifted off into a light slumber.

"That's bound to calm me." Cizzur said sarcastically. "Sweet dreams and be careful of frozen turkeys."

He left the room.

---

"We should have had the place watched." Tegan said, angry with himself. Of course if someone had put the plant there it stood to reason that they'd watch and remove it at an opportune moment. He sighed. "I guess hindsight is always better."

(( I need to vanish to work now. Sorry.

*Moira puts down a club seven*))

((Bye Laura!))

"You were more focused on helping your friend" said Julius laying a hand on Tegan's shoulder. "And I believe that I must share some of the blame as well. The culprit behind this attack may well have been nearby when I was inspecting the area. I should have thought to look around."

He looked over at the doctor.

"You said that her body is behaving like a plant in winter. Does that mean there will be a springtime?"

"I do not know" admitted the doctor. "And if there is we have no idea when it will happen or even what will happen. This is new territory for us."

((Cadenza: *lays down a four of hearts*))

"Springtime... Plants react to Sunshine, warmth and rain, correct?" Tegan still tried to wrestle with the whole Claire-behaves-like-a-plant concept.

"So... have you tried putting her into a bath with warm water?" That would take care of the warmth and water part and the sunshine...

"It would need to be a room with huge windows."

He bit his lips. "Or maybe I am just grasping at straws."

((Moira: *uses a diamond ace*))

Edited by Laura-Lana

"That might work" said Julius. "Although in case of sunshine there may be a better option. Isn't there a girl in your class that has light based powers?"

He snapped his fingers as he tried to think.

"What's her name again? Day something?"

((Cadenza: *Lays down two of clubs*))

Edited by Fortune86

"Daystar!", Tegan exclaimed. "Of course."

He liked the fact that she seemed sweet on him, but he had never considered her a seriously as a super. Of course she had a power, but being a lumiant seemed to be mostly flash and glitter with nothing useful in the end.

But in this instance...

"She is named that way because she can produce daylight up to the point that she looks like a miniature sun. Or a star."

Tegan looked at Julius.

"Can you fetch her?"

(( lays down three of hearts))

"Yes" replied Julius.

He looked over at the doctor.

"Can we trust you with getting Claire into a warm bath?"

The doctor looked a little bemused but nodded.

"Okay then, I'll be right back" said Julius to Tegan. "Keep an eye on her."

He then vanished, leaving Tegan and the doctor alone.

((*Three of diamonds*))

Edited by Fortune86

Tegan waited uneasily while the doctor organized a warm bath for Claire.

It seemed a strange concept indeed, but what had they to loose.

The doctors hadn't been able to find out anything about the reasons for the coma and there was no other treatment that might offer them hope.

And yet Tegan had to wonder what would happen if things DID work. Would Claire be her old self or be replaced by something entierly new? Something that was more plant then human?

((*Moira looks at Cadenza* "Snap?"))

----

Daystar sat at her desk and reading the book they were currently discussing in the english lesson. It was "The old man and the sea" by Hemmingway.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Cadenza: *nods and pushes pile towards Moira*

Your turn.

Where is Daystar?))

((Oh... you were waiting for a daystar post. I had wondered why you paused. *goes to edit*

edited!

*Moira puts down Queen of clubs*))

Edited by Laura-Lana

((*Nine of Diamonds*))

Julius followed the link he had made with Daystar when she had made her wish. He reappeared right in front of her and found that he was suddenly wearing a desk.

"For the love of..."

He put his hands down on the desk and pushed himself backwards, removing his legs from the wood.

Daystar screamed and jumped up. The chair on which she had been sitting fell over backward.

Normally looking at Mr. Abbadon made her day, but having him suddenly appear in the midst of her desk made her queasy.

Therefore her voice was more tart then sweet when she finally recovered and asked.

"What are you doing in my room, Mr.Abbadon?"

"I apologise for apearing like this" said Julius pulling a splinter off her trouser leg and flicking it to one side. "But I am in dire need of your aid. One of your classmates has been attacked and we are hoping that your powers can help her."

He looked at her, his deep blue eyes fixing on her own as he held out his hand.

"Will you come with me?"

Something melted in her as his soft blue eyes focused on her. Her irritation vanished.

Daystar reached for his hand even before his speech had time to reach her brain.

When it did she wasn't surprised he needed her for a noble purpose. She wouldn't have expected anything less.

"Of course I'll help." she said a little belatedly. "Just tell me what to do."

Taking Daystar's smaller hand in his Julius gave it a warm squeeze.

"Thank you. I need you to use your power to act as an artificial sun. It's a bit difficult to explain, so I'll show you."

A second later the two of them were in the hospital. Claire and several nurses were nearby. The sleeping super was in a green hospital gown and being gently lowered into a bath of warm water.

"Claire was attacked by a plant and had taken on some of it's properties. According to the doctor, her body is showing the same signs as a plant in winter. We are hoping that by creating a 'spring' enviroment we can wake her up."

Daystar certainly wanted to concentrate on Claire's pleight, but it was hard with Julius' hand in hers.

Her blood was rushing through her veins at immense speed and she felt warm and weak at the same time.

"All right" she managed to get out through breathless lips though she didn't know how herself.

Daystar forced herself to let the teachers hand go.

What did she have to do. Oh right. Sunlight. Spring.

She opened up herself to her power. First her eyes began to shine, then her face and finally everything up to the very last strand of her hair.

She didn't use her full force though for Claire didn't need the blinding power of the desert sun but the soft rays of spring.

She hadn't even noticed Tegan was in the room too.

((Got to go now. Sorry!))

At first it didn't look like anything was going to happen. The nurses looked at one another and shook their heads while Julius' shoulders slumped. Suddenly Claire stirred very slightly, causing the nurses to leap forward and start fussing around her. After a few more moment's Claire's eyes opened, although she looked decidedly sleepy.

"What happened?" she asked in a whisper.

((Bye! *hugs*))

Tegan's eyes flashed when he realized that Daystar, who usually made calf eyes at him, wasn't even aware of his presence. His face became even darker as he glanced at Julius the root of the problem.

The man was incredibly powerful and certainly went out of his way to be generous and helpful. The last thing Tegan wanted was to make an enemy out of him.

Yet he couldn't convince himself to like him. The man was just too good looking and Tegan wasn't used to being invisible.

Daystar did her best but nothing happened. It kind of fit Tegan's dark mood. He turned toward the door intending the leave the room when the soft sound of water moving alerted him to the fact that Claire was finally stirring.

"What happened?" she asked in a whisper.

Tegan moved forward and sank to his knees beside the tub. He took one of her hands in his.

"I know it sounds crazy but we were attacked by a monster flower."

((*puts down two of diamonds* ))

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Monster...flower...?"

Claire turned her head to look at Tegan, her eyes slightly unfocused. She stared at him for several seconds as her brain tried to work out what he was talking about.

"You mean the Cahcun?"

The second Claire uttered the word Julius tensed up. He moved a little closer to the bath and gazed down at Claire with a carefully blank expression. How did she know that name?

((*Jack of spades*))

"Cahun? Do you know what it is that attacked you? Mr. Abbadon said the plant usually only hunts small animals."

Tegan turned his head to look at the teacher and noticed his blank expression. Shouldn't the teacher look interested? Or glad that Claire was awake?

Tegan silently cursed his empathy once more which seemed to have decided to forsake him when it came to the teacher.

((*Jack of hearts*))

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Cahcun" corrected Claire with a soft smile. "It didn't attack me. It was just..."

The smile faltered and faded and a look of confusion crossed her face. Claire couldn't remember what it was that she was going to say.

"It was like a dream. I saw my parents."

((Cadenza: Snap!

*lays down eight of clubs*))

"They were nice to you this time around?" Tegan wanted to know. Given the trauma her parents had caused because they wouldn't accept Claire's power he was surprised about her gentle smile.

Maybe the Cahcun - whatever that was- had given her memories about the past. Back when they hadn't discovered their daughter was a super.

((*five of spades*))

((Ware if you want to do a Moonshine post I made a Cizzur post after your last one))

Edited by Laura-Lana

(I'm leaving moonshine in Limbo for when you are done.)

Edited by warewolves