walkman42

Süpėr School

Tegan surpressed the urge to roll his eyes. Why were adults never able to come to the point?

"If you don't know what the word means" he said, spelling the words out clearly "what made you think she was an avatar's daughter? And why would she be in trouble?"

Tegan was pretty sure she was in trouble with the Freeze's. They had already talked about that. Could that be the trouble Julius was talking about? But how did that related to being fathered by an avatar?

"Because the only people who use that language are the Avatars of a certain entity and their offspring. That entity in question is Earth. As in the planet. The thing you are standing on."

"And the best idea it had for communication was kidnapping it's daughter by a monster flower?" Tegan asked, unable to keep the incedulousity out of his voice.

"Very well. Let's suppose you are right and haven't confused a thing or two there. Why does that get Claire in trouble? One would think it would make her saver then other people if earth itself has an eye out for her. Or whatever counts for an eye when it comes to earth anyway..."

"Because people are idiots" said Julius. "And they try to turn anything they can into a weapon."

"The avatars of the Earth always had powers. Not really super powers, but abilities that they inherited from their 'parent'. Although I doubt Claire has any of them herself, to those in the know she could still be valuable. A way to control her father."

He wasn't sure if Tegan was following him, so he pressed on.

"Avatars usually possess abilities similar to that of their parent. In this case we are talking about the Earth. Can you imagine what could happen if someone, not necessarily a nice person, got their hands on that kind of power?"

"Bad things, I suppose.", Tegan said drily. In truth he had a bit trouble imagining a thing like that. Earhquakes and the like came to mind but was that a voluntary ability of the earth or something like a rumbling stomach for him?

He rubbed his forehead. If Julius was correct it would certainly explain the interest of the Freezes.

Again Tegan tried to get a notion of the man's emotions with his power and again he came up blank. Tegan gritted his teeth. It was beginning to get on his nerves.

"Mr. Abbadon." he said, deciding that sometimes the best attack was a straight one. "Shouldn't you have talked about that with Claire before drawing me into confidence? It seems to me that if your guess is correct it is a matter where she'll be safer the less people know about her."

"Considering everything that has happened to her in the past few days I doubt it would be a good idea to alarm her any further. As I said I may not be right and to cause her unnecessary distress is not my intention. As you are her friend I was thinking that you could keep an eye on her for a while. I hope you are not going to dissapoint me?"

Tegan nodded. Since he had planned to keep an eye on her anyway, that didn't sound like too much to ask.

He drew his fingers through his hair as a different question occured to him.

"I do have an impressive power, but especially when it comes to violence it's not hard to outmatch me. I am more a diplomat than a fighter. If your concerns are correct I kind of doubt people would send an amateur to get her into their power. Any suggestions about that?"

Julius thought for a few moments, his head tilted up at the ceiling a little.

"If the people who kidnapped Claire do try and reclaim her I suppose the only thing you can do is get help from your friends. I'll help if I am about, but I will not remain at Hero School forever.

He looked back down at Tegan.

"In the mean time I believe we should get her back to the school. And away from plant life."

"She won't like that. I think she loves plants.", Tegan stated.

He wished he was still at his old school where he could have gotten Cizzur to back him up. Between him, Moira and Cizzur there wasn't much he feared.

But Moira might be very well be part of a problem and Cizzur would be as welcome on Heroschool as the plague.

Maybe he could recruit Cadenza and Daystar? Cadenzas force immunity was quite an asset and he had underestimated Daystar once before already. If nothing else the girl had courage.

"A good sign that my theory could be correct" said Julius. "Of course, it may be mere coincidence."

He stepped past Tegan and opened the door. He looked around the room but only saw Daystar.

"Where's Claire?"

"In the bedroom. Changing clothes." Daystar shrugged. "She should be back by now, but I guess she decided to take some time for herself."

Tegan tensed. "We better have a look."

He walked to the bedroom door, knocked and opened it without waiting for a reply.

((Got to leave now. I've got an operation tomorrow so I am not sure if I'll be able to come online then. Hopefully I'll be fit again on Monday))

Edited by Laura-Lana

((*hugs*

I hope the operation goes okay. Get well soon!))

Hearing someone knock and then open the door Claire turned round to look. It was Tegan. Thankfully she had finished getting dressed, otherwise things may have been a little awkward.

"Is everything alright?" she asked.

((It went great smile.gif Thanks for thinking of me biggrin.gif))

"I was a bit worried when you weren't with Daystar." Tegan said solemly. "I know you said the plant was your fathers work, but it did remind me that there are people after you."

He rubbed his eyes.

"Mr. Abaddon has a theory why. But it sounds somewhat crazy. Not more crazy then a father trying to talk through a monster plant though."

"I was just getting changed" explained Claire. "I didn't want to stay in those wet clothes much longer."

When Tegan said Mr Abaddon had a theory Claire tilted her head to one side in interest.

"What theory?"

((*hugs Laura* As long as you're okay happy.gif))

Tegan entered the room and closed the door behind him. He took a quick look around then made himself comfortable by sitting on the bed and leaning against the wall.

He gave her a languid smile.

"He says, he didn't go with that to you because he didn't want to alarm you further. Personally I think if one is already in the ocean another bucket of water is hardly going to matter. But I'll leave it to you. If you only want to get matters back to normal I'll not mention it anymore."

((Well I'll know for sure in six weeks, but so far everything is healing perfectly))

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Well now that you have mentioned it of course I want to know" said Claire. "It concerns me right?"

She crossed the room and sat down on the bed next to Tegan, her soft blue eyes gazing up at him.

"Please tell me."

He brushed his right hand through his hair. In the sunlight that shone through the windows the copper highlights looked almost golden. His blue eyes didn't meet hers but went to the window instead and stayed on the flowerbed.

"Julius thinks you are the daughter of an avatar of earth itself. This ... Cahun?

He says it's a word out of a language that's used by said avatars and their offspring."

Tegan's eyes turned from the window and locked with hers.

"He says some people might want to get you in their power to gain control over your father. I don't know how much merit his theory has. But it might explain the interest of the Freeze's."

((Thanks))

Edited by Laura-Lana

Claire looked confused. Not only was she baffled by exactly what Tegan meant by 'an avatar of the earth', but what he said about her father.

"But my father died. Years ago. I thought...I thought I was talking to his spirit or something. How would anyone be able to control that?"

"And why would a normal spirit talk through a plant?" Tegan said. "Don't get me wrong, I don't know if Mr.Abaddon's theory is right. Actually I don't even know if he might be lying ... Okay that came out wrong now. I have no reason to think he'd deliberatly lie. What I mean is my empathy isn't working at all when it comes to him or at least it hasn't yet. Vastly irritating, I tell you."

Tegan twirled a strand of his hair between his fingers.

"Anyways if he is right, the avatar whose child you are might very well be dead, but earth itself is still around. Obviously."

He looked to the floor with a wry grin.

"The question is if you've talked to the earth or something like it or a normal spirit. If the later is true the only people who might be interested would be necromants and I doubt they'd need to go after you for that."

"He said it was the only way..." said Claire sounding unsure.

As Tegan continued talking Claire nodded her head. That kind of made sense. It was hard to believe that they were talking about her though. She was just an ordinary girl. Well...an ordinary girl with powers, so an ordinary super girl then.

"Wait" she said as an idea struck her. "If my father was an avatar of the earth, and he returned to it when he died, then perhaps they aren't after controlling him at all. They want to control the Earth. Literal world domination."

"Isn't that what I said?", Tegan said.

He thought his words over then shrugged.

"Well if not - It's what I meant to say. It does explain why people would like to kidnap you, wouldn't it?"

---

"That... was a little rude.", Daystar said, looking at the closed door. "What are they doing in there?"

Claire turned away. It didn't seem like Tegan really understood. Perhaps that was a good thing. It would be easier this way.

"I need to go to the bathroom" she told him. "Can you give me a minute?"

As she spoke she was aware of the calmness in her heart. Something about the conversation with her father had strenghtened her somehow. She wasn't afraid.

~~~

"Hopefully Tegan is giving Claire a pep talk about how much she means to him" said Julius with a half smile. "I think that could do a lot of good right about now."

He felt a soft disappointment from her as if he had somehow failed to do a certain thing. It was followed by resolve. He didn't get panic or anything like what he had felt when he first met her.

"Daystar and Julius are in the bathroom.", Tegan reminded her. "Shall I shoo them out?"

He gave her a wry grin. "Don't worry, I won't stay either. Though..."

He frowned. "It does worry me. Even though we don't even know if the theory is correct. I don't think anyone can blackmail earth, but if people believed it was possible there is no telling what ..."

He shook his head, then stepped close to Claire.

"I know I agreed to be just friends and everything, but be careful for me anyway." He brushed his lips against her cheek.

"I'll keep guard outside of the bathroom window and Julius and Daystar will make sure nothing comes through the doors." he wispered. "If something happens yell as loudly as you can. I can't see you hurt again, okay?"

((Hope that one is okay. If not I'll happily edit))