walkman42

Süpėr School

Moonshine came forward as she did and gazed at them and nodded once. "I see." She turned and gaed around once, "Are there others in this garden?"

As Odette stood up the lights flew back to their little pot plant. She turned to look around the garden and nodded.

"There are about eight other species out here. Which ones do you want to know about?"

((Have Moonshine use her stone smile.gif))

Moonshine gazed around and frowned. "Hmmn, the logical places would be in the trees, the grass, the dirt, possibly on the wind.....there is you of course.... There are the clouds.... possibly some alnimal life, maybe even some of the small shrubs." She nodded once and held the stone to her eye and checked the spots she had mentioned.

((The glow of faerys would show up quite easily as long as Moonshine is looking in the right direction. Don't forget everything else is either black or white.))

((I was kind of hoping that you might pick a colour and a location, but whatever.))

Odette next pointed to one of the fountains in the middle of the lawn. A faint silverly glow was rising from the water in the pooled section.

"Let's look over there. But be careful not to get too close. If they know you can see them they might get upset."

Moonshine nodded and walked closed, carefull to show no outward sign she had seen anything. She gazed at the fountain and said "Water....I never like water that much. It's not so much the water so much as. well, nevermind. So what about these ones?"

"Don't tell me you can magic away bruises as well?" asked Claire.

"Not the bruises themselves, but the pain." Tegan said without raising. "Well? Will you give me permission?"

---

Cadenza looked over at Moira, trying to think how best to explain this. Moira wasn't one to think about things like self confidence or privacy, so the idea of being spied on while in the shower probably wouldn't upset her as much as a regular person.

"I guess because most people are more comfortable about private matters when with a member of the same gender? Like when you go to the doctors?"

So she was supposed to be more comfortable with Professor Freeze slicing her skull open and experimenting on her brain than Dr Freeze, because the Professor was female? Moira suspected she hadn't even begun to grasp Cadenza's point, but she nodded and tried a smile, which looked as one would expect from one to whom the concept of smiling was something academic.

"If we discover a male faerie, am I supposed to kill it?"

---

((Lol. Didn't think you'd take me up on my suggestion. That way to die featured in Blood Rites by Jim Butcher, if you want to know where I got the idea))

Suddenly in a bizzare and terrible twist of fate, two giant frozen turkeys plummeted out of the sky and struck Rex's grieving parents. Both of them fell to the grass, quite dead.

Even in his grief Cizzur's reflexes didn't forsake him. He was able to evade a third frozen turkey which would have impaled him and a fourth that hit Rex's already mangeled body. Cizzur wiped the tears from his eyes and stared in amazement as frozen turkes landed all around the schooljard. Where they under attack? What kind of deranged mind would attack Villain School with turkeys? Though Cizzur had to admit it was working.

Edited by Laura-Lana

((@ Cizzur: Bernard Matthews?))

"You shouldn't waste your energy" said Claire, although she was trying very hard not to smile. "It was just a little knock. I've had worse."

~~~

"What! No!" exclaimed Cadenza in horror. "Maybe we can just...I dunno...shoo it outside?"

She hesitated. Would that even be possible? What if the faery had someway of gluing itself to the wall or something?

~~~

"Plinks."

The faerys in the fountain were larger than the Minkymys and could be seen better. They were shaped like fish, but had human hands and feet as well as gills and fins.

Edited by Fortune86

((Who is Bernhard Matthews?))

It was a shame to waste the opportunity but Tegan was beginning to feel ridiculous and began to suspect she wasn't going to give him permission. So he sighed, rose and shrugged.

"If it had been more serious you can bet that I wouldn't have offered to take the pain from you. I'd have carried you of into the infirmary instead. Most of the time pain is there to keep us from making an injury worse, but I absolutly know no reason why one should suffer the string from a bruise."

---

"We'll see." Moira said. They had arrived at Cadenza's room and Moira waited for her to open the door. It wouldn't be polite to simply enter her room through the wall.

Moonshine nodded once and said "I see." Standing up she gazed around and sighed. "This is all very interesting. And there is probably more species then a person can find in a lifetime, but I hvae other things to do with my lifetime." Turning back she said "So how many are we supposed to find?"

((A man who runs a Turkey Farm o3o))

"To make sure I look where I'm walking?" suggested Claire. "Even little pains have their purpose."

Her face for a moment as her mind cartwheeled back to the events of the previous few days. If there was some purpose to all of that, it was well hidden.

"Anyway, I think we should get a move on otherwise we won't get any work done" she said brightening up."

~~~

Odette shrugged.

"If you want to go, go. This lesson is optional."

~~~

Cadenza pulled open her door and waited for Moira to enter first. Would they find any faerys in there? A part of her thought not. What would they live on?

Moonshine barked a short bit of laughter. "No, this information might save my life someday. No, I'll stay. But I have one question I want to ask you. If it's to personel feel free to not tell me." Turning she gazed at her and said "What type of Fey are you?"

"I'm not a faery" said Odette coldly. "I'm half human. And believe me, I wish I was a true one."

She turned away from the fountain and walked a few steps.

"So what now?"

Moonshine shrugged and said "I see....Well, we can either walk around and gawk at all the Fey around the school, go on an 'excursion' to find some more interesting Fey, or talk about nothing important until the lesson ends."

((A man who runs a Turkey Farm o3o))

"To make sure I look where I'm walking?" suggested Claire. "Even little pains have their purpose."

Her face for a moment as her mind cartwheeled back to the events of the previous few days. If there was some purpose to all of that, it was well hidden.

"Anyway, I think we should get a move on otherwise we won't get any work done" she said brightening up."

~~~

Odette shrugged.

"If you want to go, go. This lesson is optional."

~~~

Cadenza pulled open her door and waited for Moira to enter first. Would they find any faerys in there? A part of her thought not. What would they live on?

((Ah. Well I actually wanted to blame an airplane supposedly carrying them to supermarkets elsewhere. Unless you had your own explanation ready?))

"I think you wouldn't have needed added initative to keep that lesson in mind, but it's your choice."

Tegan took a step in the direction of the door, then hesitated and looked back to the desk. They still hadn't looked behind it. The longer he thought about it the surer he became he had seen a green glow.

"Oh, curse it all!" A familar young woman rose behind the desk, blushing violently. "I am tired of sitting there anyway."

"Daystar?" Tegan asked surprised.

The lumiant blushed a deeper shade of crimson. "Yes. Family legend has it there is a dryad in the family tree and I know those stones. I didn't want anyone to believe I am some kind of monster like the one that killed the child in Faerieland, so I tried to hide. But you two caught me."

"A bit of dryad blood doesn't make you a monster. You are still pretty much human and a better representative of our species then most. You were the one who wished the girl back to life and to her family, if I recall correctly."

Daystar shrugged as if that was no big thing, but her eyes were radiant. It hadn't been easy to give up her dreams of the things her wish could have bought her. It was nice to know someone had noticed.

"Anyways... Could I talk the two of you into not mentioning this to the others?"

Tegan looked at Claire. "What do you say Kitty-Cat? Any objections to keeping this secret?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

((I was joking xd.png))

"Of course not" said Claire shaking her head. "Besides, even if I did, it's not my secret to tell."

She looked around the room. The three of them were now the only ones left.

"Are you going to stay here all by yourself Daystar?"

Tegan smiled at Claire warmly and pressed her hand.

"Thanks.", Daystar said relieved.

"Are you going to stay here all by yourself Daystar?"

Daystar thought about running all over the schoolground that was swarming with other pupils holding the stones and shuddered. "I think i'll sneak into my room and stay there for today. I'll learn for the math test tomorrow."

Edited by Laura-Lana

"The more interesting Faerys are the more deadly ones. If you want to get yourself killed you'll be doing it alone."

~~~

Claire nodded.

"Well be careful. I think some people said something about checking the dorms so you might bump into someone on the way."

She looked back at Teagen.

"Shall we?"

((I have no idea if you want to have faeries in Cadenza's room or not, so I am unsure what to write. It would be fun on the other hand what are the chances?))

"I'll be very careful.", Daystar said. "And I'll lock my door tight once I've arrived."

"Shall we?"

"Certainly. Good luck, Sunstar."

Tegan offered Claire his arm again. "So where shall we search next? The meadow where outside combat lessons are held sometimes? It's full of flowers now. Various benign faeries are supposed to like flowers or am I mixing something up there?"

Tegan was quite satisfied. He always liked learning a secret that was embarrasing someone. It made them less likely to speak out against him and it could be used for revenge if necessary.

((Ware, if a mod sees that we are in trouble. 5 sentences))

Edited by Laura-Lana

Once inside of her room Cadenza looked around using the stone. The eerie world of black and white took some getting used to. At first she didn't think they would find anything and was just about to suggest to Moira that they try else where when something caught her eye. A very tiny golden speck right up in the corner of her room. Lowering the stone Cadenza moved over to look at the spot in the real world.

"It's a spider?"

~~~

"I don't think so" said Claire. "And I guess it's a good a spot to start as any."

"A faerie spider? What does it do? Can you show me where it is?"

---

Tegan lead Claire to the meadow. It was filled with a riot of colours. Daisys, Violets and untold other flowers grew between the grass. White pollen were in the air, painted golden by the sunlight.

"Would you like to check for faeries or shall I do it?"

Edited by Laura-Lana

Cadenza pointed up at the corner of her room. Without the stone it looked like a normal grey spider, but with it was small orb of golden light.

"I have no idea what that means."

~~~

"We'll if we are both just standing here and not moving I guess we can both look. There's no one else around."

((I just realized - Moiras power is that of an earth elemental and she has it because there is some elemental blood in her family line. Does that make her part of the faeries too? I've never considered her fae blooded before but I usually have a rather narrow definition of them and I know you don't))

---

"Well it would be easy enough to chase it out." Moira said as she watched the tiny spider. "But what if it is there to protect you? Weave dream webs so you can sleep for example. Mr. Abbadon said red or purple means danger and you said it is gold."

---

A deep throated chuckle came from Tegans lips.

"You are right." He said, his dark blue eyes shimmering like sunlight on the ocean. "There is absolutly no reason why we couldn't use it together.

He put his arms around her, pressing her delicate body against his and leaned his head against hers.

Tegan lifted the stone with the hole so they could both look through it.

The meadow changed into the strange black and white world broken up by a swarm or iridescent green beings who flittered from flower to flower and looked like bees and some blue creatures who looked as if they were flowers themselves.