Selina_Catz

The breeding oath

Where did you find that?

I will not breed when the AP is full and I can't keep the result of the breeding.

In other words if the AP is full and you are scroll locked, you delay breeding until 1) the AP has emptied or 2) you are no longer scroll locked

The link to the thread from which the quote came is there.

A lot of people responded that having place for eggs made no difference because a breeding could result in multiple eggs. TJ himself saying that breedings only result in single eggs when the AP is full makes it clear that that it does.

Does that make sense?

Because it's rather late where I'm at and I have a habit of not making sense when I'm tired.

Good idea, but I DO participate in mass breeds, like The 2nd Rare Drop which is planned on the weekend from Apr 18-20. I think that events like these actually make a lot of people happy.

Good idea, but I DO participate in mass breeds, like The 2nd Rare Drop which is planned on the weekend from Apr 18-20. I think that events like these actually make a lot of people happy.

Agreed. I would take the oath but I'm kinda the organiser for that. XDDD

I'll not take the oath (chronic violation of item 3 due to permanent pairings), but I do support this.

I find arbitrary mass-breeds rather shortsighted, to be honest, and for that reason I've always declined to take part.

I would like the OP to mention, however, that my suggestion thread is not a place to vent out anger at "irresponsible breeders" and demand a way to punish them just because they follow the rules in a way different from the "responsible" way. I'm getting really tired of the Borg mentality people have been displaying in there and it seems that most new people in the thread are looking for ways to force people to assimilate. If people continue to do that, I will not hesitate to start shooting people's faces full of bees. I may be one of the people who tries to breed responsibly anyway, but hijacking my suggestion is a bad idea. >.>

Edited by Lythiaren

I have to say I do follow the guidelines set forth in this oath already.

I just would not like this to turn into someone getting offended by it and saying that we consider them irresponsible breeders if they've not take this oath. Some people might look at it that way.

Most of my breedings are done with planning and for a reason. All my dragons are paired with permanent mates. I breed only when I have room for the eggs and have friends in waiting for spare eggs should they want them. I also am willing to try to breed rares for anyone that would like one. I have never joined a mass breeding and I am thankful that the mass split breeding didn't happen.

I will agree to take the oath, even though it is obvious that I breed by these guidelines anyway.

It has been stated several times that it is not my intention nor that of many of the other people here to dictate others to follow the oath.

Lythiaren, the statement in the first post about not yelling at people is to prevent such behavior occurring here.

The quote was to stop people from saying that having place for eggs when breeding doesn't mean you won't add to a full AP, because there is such a thing as multi egg clutches. If you think my wording is not clear enough that the link is merely there as a reference, feel free to suggest a different phrasing. (I thought the distance between the two statements made clear that they were seperate points)

Edited by Selina_Catz

When I breed for breedings sake I only breed my rares, unfortunately that means breeding their common mates too . Other then that I always follow the oath.

i will take the oath.. usually i only breed golds, silvers, and geodes.

It has been stated several times that it is not my intention nor that of many of the other people here to dictate others to follow the oath.

Lythiaren, the statement in the first post about not yelling at people is to prevent such behavior occurring here.

The quote was to stop people from saying that having place for eggs when breeding doesn't mean you won't add to a full AP, because there is such a thing as multi egg clutches. If you think my wording is not clear enough that the link is merely there as a reference, feel free to suggest a different phrasing. (I thought the distance between the two statements made clear that they were seperate points)

Nonono. I was only asking for a note in the first post. People are going there from here and assuming it's a place where they can do exactly what you're telling them not to do here. The fact that it's my thread means they get smacked upside the head with a bat. >>;

I'll take the link out and simply state that _Z_ posted a link on page 9, that way they actually need to look for it and that's generally to much work for people who just want to be a pain.

Here:

_Z_  posted a link to the thread where TJ said that on page 9, should you wish to check the accuracy of the quote.

If people still wish to prove GIFT correct, they deserve whatever they get.

Edited by Selina_Catz

I consider myself a responsible breeder, but I do not support this oath. First of all, because I don't think it's a good idea to establish a standard. That is, a person who doesn't play by these unwritten rules looks odd to the rest of the players and could be therefore vilified.

Second, I will breed pairs according to my best chance to get the results I want. I don't check the AP first to see if there are already a bunch of that breed there.

I don't breed all my dragons. I don't normally breed a tenth of my dragons. But there may be occasions where I decide to do so. I don't want to feel constrained by some oath if I have reason to breed many pairs.

I don't normally breed when I can't keep the results, but for experimentation purposes have done so on occasion. These things are free choice in the game. I don't want people pointing fingers because I've chosen to exercise that choice within the rules of the game.

Third, I don't believe that irresponsible breeding, as defined by this oath, is the reason for the frequently overflowing AP. If there are 50,000 scrolls (there are more than that, actually, but I doubt all are active) and from each of these 50,000 scrolls 2 eggs are released to the abandoned page each week, that adds up to 100,000 per week, or 14,286 per day, or about 600 per hour. It is the sheer number of players that results in the AP blockage, not people being irresponsible.

I do think that the number of players have something to do with it but if I decide to breed all my couples (61) one after the other even if not all the breedings are successful that's going to result in a lot of eggs, if a few others do so at the same time I don't think it's going to take a lot to flood the AP.

I have stated several times and it is in fact bolded in the first post that I don't support yelling at those who don't agree with this and there has been no sign of that here.

Edited by Selina_Catz

* Says oath aloud and everybody in the room stares*

Done I almost Always Breed like this!

oh well that's kind of cool to know. the whole 1 egg if the AP is full thing. i usually don't breed for no reason and i don't participate in mass drops, but i don't wish to take the oath. i do support the idea though ^^ it's really too bad more players don't visit the forums.

Sign me up as a supporter.

I don't think I can keep this promise (sometimes I breed for breeding's sake), but I admire those who do. smile.gif

Edited by Sunrise

i support this. i would be an oath-atker but i randomly follow those rules and randomly break them, and id rather personally not b put under that stress, so yeah. but i SUPPORT all of u awesome ppl following this oath! GO YOU! lol

Edited by sportsysummer