Selina_Catz

The breeding oath

@Selina Catz: What do you think of such massbreeding with very desired results? I can see why you don´t like the massbreeding for rares because of the commons bred, but stone x stone or split x split won´t do that.

Mainly because I think people complain when the AP is full for longer than a few minutes, no matter what is in it.

Mainly because I think people complain when the AP is full for longer than a few minutes, no matter what is in it.

Still I am not sure if such a mass breed wouldn´t be a bit different. Simply because splits and stones are so wanted.

Unless they interfere with new eggs, that would be a whole other story.

However thanks for clearing this up. I guess I will just breed like before, I just check AP before I do it.

I also support the none mass breeding, it makes it very difficult to breed the ones that people do want, although it has been denied for the past few months there is going to be over breeding for now as every one settles down....

Edited by Spirit mother

Yeah, i support this. And incidentally, live by it almost all the time. I've kept just about everything I've ever bred, unless it was a multiple egg clutch. Even if the egg wasn't what I wanted when I bred the two parents, I've kept it and raised it to adulthood. Even if I get a hatchie that genders incorrectly, I keep it. (just look at all my female winters and male splits... laugh.gif ) Though, I have to ask...what's the 'breeding between xx:15 and xx:45 all about? I don't understand that part of it.

what's the 'breeding between xx:15 and xx:45 all about? I don't understand that part of it.

It's about not breeding around the time of the hourly drop, originally I wanted to make it hh.10 and hh.50, but I've known it to happen that the hourly drop lasted until ten past the hour, because it kept getting interrupted by a full AP.

I somewhat support this. Somewhat. I participate in Mass-Breeds, in fact I was the one that made the Halloween one, so count me out on the oath. I follow by the full AP, I sometimes breed without thinking of the AP but after I realize that its full I do try to stop breeding (Unless its requested). I don't really like the whole "I will not contribute to an existing wall: I will breed those those commons that aren't so abundant at the moment." because you can get the eggs you want on drops. You don't always have to go to the AP just to get an egg.

I used to breed just to breed, but I haven't done it in quite a while. So you can count me in for that one. I'm not against it, but I'm not totally for it, so I guess I'm a supporter. Somewhat.

I agree wholeheartedly and uphold to this anyways. I'm in *takes oath* tongue.gif

Edited by Kesson

i breed the uncommon dragons. there not rares but people want them because they are not here all the time. now i will take the oath

Edited by Amatha

*Raises right hand* I do solemnly swear to do all that stuff. I will be careful about breeding my commons and lineages. I will not breed for breeding's sake. I will be a... responsible breeder.

Good idea, by the way! It's a shame there aren't more people signing up!

looking at the rare massbreed stats especially the rare common ratio I think it´s clear why massbreeding with such "unwanted" results are not desired, though luckily the AP was not clogged as we feared smile.gif

So I am still a bit unsure if I can agree with all points or not.

Which points do you not agree with?

I agree on not breeding for breedings sake, but I am not absolutely convinced with the massbreeds.

AP wasn´t clogged and I even saw a lot of rares over the AP. On the other hand the stats say that many commons were bred as well.

I have the impression that's something you need to decide for yourself.

Remember, this is purely a voluntary thing, if you really can't follow it completely, then you can just be a supporter.

Yes I know. It´s still an interesting topic to discuss, so I brought it up here. So I hope you don´t mind!

I think being a supporter would suit me best. Because I really like most of your ideas.

All held eggs are auto-abandoned at the hour. Therefore, breeding between xx.15 and xx.45 is when the AP is least clogged.

Also, cloggage at the hourly drop tends to annoy people.

EDIT:

Phear mah army of ninja.gif s! |D

Edited by BetaRaichu

Yes I know. It´s still an interesting topic to discuss, so I brought it up here. So I hope you don´t mind!

It is an interesting topic, if people stay polite.

If you do the math it would actually be very easy for a few people with decent sized scrolls to flood the AP, 24 eggs (I got that number from the FAQ) is not that much, I could breed that many by myself, probably not faster than they get picked up, but if a few people are also breeding at the same time...

PrimalDragon that is explained in this post.

Edit: ninja.gif 'd by BetaRaichu.

Edited by Selina_Catz

It is an interesting topic, if people stay polite.

If you do the math it would actually be very easy for a few people with decent sized scrolls to flood the AP, 24 eggs (I got that number from the FAQ) is not that much, I could breed that many by myself, probably not faster than they get picked up, but if a few people are also breeding at the same time...

Yeah I agree on that, it´s why I don´t like breedding for breedings sake. Which is why I like your ideas a lot smile.gif

Though I didn´t have the experiance the AP was overly clogged by the mass breeding. Maybe TJ modified the dragons so they won´t produce so many eggs? I tried to breed my silver and a geode pair today for my own stock (want a silver male from the girl, and geode pair would only produce geodes if more than one egg bred), and the rares didn´t breed anything. My friend tried her seasonal just to check, and that worked.

But this above was just a bit playing with ideas.

I don´t see any use of arguing about breeding, this is so much a matter of the players vision of the game, so every one is entitled to have his/her own opinion.