Selina_Catz

The breeding oath

Taking the oath; I like to keep almost all my bred eggs anyway and only breed my other pairs when I'm breeding them for someone.

i take the oath since this pretty much sums up how i breed. happy.gif

I'll take the oath, I like breeding, but I hate seeing my dragon's clidren not surviving, so from now on I'll follow the oath! >w<

Edited by Kiwiwee

Since I've just joined my first breeding project and in the past I haven't been so careful about avoiding inbreeding with a few of my dragons, I'm taking the careful breeder version of the oath. However, because of the project, there are some stipulations and opinions that I will post after the respective points in the oath.

I will not breed for breeding's sake: I will breed because I want the result of that breeding or know that there are people who want it.
No qualms there. And because I'm in the Lagmonster Survivor Lineage Project, I already know plenty of people who will want the eggs and hatchlings I breed.

I will not breed when the AP is full and I can't keep the result of the breeding.
Well, I have to say I have mixed feelings about this one, mainly because I'm going to intentionally be giving eggs and hatchlings to people because of the project. Also, when the AP ISN'T full, up to four eggs can be produced, X minus 1 of which will end up in the AP no matter what unless only one is produced and the breeder decides to keep that lone egg.

I will not contribute to an existing wall: I will breed those commons that aren't so abundant at the moment.
I completely agree with this point. Having an AP that is almost half green or white or any other of a single color of egg is unbalanced and unfair to people who are waiting to rescue a specific type of egg that isn't in the wall/

I will if at all possible breed sometime between xx.15 and xx.45.
Well, adoption of eggs produced for the project is coordinated via PM or IM, but this seems like a rational rule to follow since the AP has been blocking the egg drops consistently lately. I'll be sure to keep it in mind whenever I breed my dragons.

I will not participate in massbreeds.
Well, I've never participated in one before, and I don't think I will any time soon.

There, I have taken the oath.

I, Micropeep, will not breed for breeding's sake: I will breed because I want the result of that breeding or know that there are people who want it.

I, Micropeep, will not breed when the AP is full and I can't keep the result of the breeding.

I, Micropeep,will not contribute to an existing wall: I will breed those those commons that aren't so abundant at the moment.

I, Micropeep, will if at all possible breed sometime between xx.15 and xx.45.

I, Micropeep, will not participate in massbreed

I, Micropeep, will not just breed for myself but will breed for others.

I bred not that often, but when I do breed, my dragons thankfully only produce a single egg in their clutch, which I get to keep or give to friends.

I bred not that often, but when I do breed, my dragons thankfully only produce a single egg in their clutch, which I get to keep or give to friends.

Do you want to be listed as an oath taker or a supporter?

I know it sounds really mean, but I wish TJ would just delete eggs that sit there for 10 minutes or something. I hate seeing tons of green eggs, all the time.

At any rate, I have been able to keep most of my dragon's offspring, and I really only breed for certain ones anyways, so I mostly agree with this oath.

Edited by Leap

I'll have to lend my support to this, but I can't take the oath. I do try to practice responsible breeding, but sometimes...

Hm.

I'll support it, but I won't be taking the oath.

I happen to like participating in mass-breeds. :B But only for the sake of tossing out more rares if possible.. Blah blah blah. Yeah.

+1 Support

I swear to breed carfully. Thanks for making this, DO NOT BE A UNRESPONSABLE BREEDER! wotty.

Can you add me as a supporter of the oath. I may take it later, but I've only been playing DC for about a month and I've only bred twice, so I don't know what my breeding habits will be. I definitely agree with not breeding excessive overly common eggs. Whenever I go to the AP, 60% of the eggs are green and another 30% are mint.

I will take the oath. I rarely breed unless it's something I want or something to trade or gift. I usually hate it when I get clutches of multiple eggs because I don't like not knowing where the egg is going or wondering if it will be named and cared for.

Added everyone.

I don't go around posting this everytime I add people, but that doesn't mean you don't get added, adding new people is usually the first thing I do when I enter the forum.

i will be a Supporters :K most parts of the oath i can follow, but sometimes i keep the results from my own breeding... and about half of my scroll is metallic anyways, so every week i end up breeding most of my dragons >___>

Uh, hate to put a damper on everything we've been doing for the sake of the cave... but has anyone else noticed that lately the AP seems to go from normal to cave-blocking status at exactly xx:15 and then waver between states for quite some time afterwards, putting the flow of CB eggs on hold for long periods of time?

Maybe our habits under the oath are contributing to that? Why don't some of us try switching our typical breeding time from xx:15 to xx:45 and see if that doesn't bring the stability of the egg drops back into balance.

I have not yet started breeding, but once I do, I hereby swear that I shall be a responsible breeder!

I don't have a strict breeding time and I tend to either keep the offspring or wait until the cave isn't blocked to abandon it (I haven't had a multiple egg clutch in so long I can't even remember when it was).

And the oath does not force a strict breeding time, it merely states that breeding should not be done around the time of the hourly drop.