Selina_Catz

The breeding oath

You gotta be kidding me. No way. I breed when I can and gift as I may.

Edited by Riverwillows

I will not breed for breeding's sake: I will breed because I want the result of that breeding or know that there are people who want it.

I will not breed when the AP is full and I can't keep the result of the breeding.

I will not contribute to an existing wall: I will breed those those commons that aren't so abundant at the moment.

I will if at all possible breed sometime between xx.15 and xx.45.

I will not participate in massbreeds

That's what I've always been doing (except the part "between xx.15 and xx.45", I breed when I have time and need the result for keeping/trading/gifting.)

Edit for typo

Edited by love_HP

I really really think this thread and oath are important. And I know you allow people who only want to follow part of it, or try to as much as possible to be "supporters". However, when this was originally created we didn't have an AP that didn't block drops that also had dragons hanging out between 3-4 days old (which equals easy hatchling stock ups).

However, I still think eggs sitting quite as low as they are is not a great time to do a mass breeding. However, even if I don't breed for the next 2 weeks, the eggs are still going to hover around that time especially as a new release comes through.

Is there any way someone would consider an updated or second option where they don't just randomly breed to the AP for mass breeding that serves no purpose or for lineages people would not be super happy to find in the lineage?

Just throwing that out there as a question before I sign on so I know how to sign on. Because even when the AP is full, I have some lineages that people _love_ to find. I know this because they end up every week in the "Great Lineage Finds" thread. And I don't always have the resources to wait until someone adopts a 7 day old egg on my scroll.

I just thought with some of the AP and new release and current AP timeframes, maybe the original oath is super awesome, but there might also be a secondary "baby step" or updated secondary option due to changes.

I will not breed for breeding's sake: I will breed because I want the result of that breeding or know that there are people who want it.

I will not breed when the AP is full and I can't keep the result of the breeding.

I will not contribute to an existing wall: I will breed those those commons that aren't so abundant at the moment.

The only two I'm not 100% sure about completely following are the 1st and last, but I do fall within the other three...so I guess I would be a follower.

Quick note: Why does the 3rd have 'those' in it back-to-back?

Takes oath*

This was a great idea, putting this together. I could never breed a dragon just for it to end up abandoned and/or dead.

Takes oath*

This was a great idea, putting this together. I could never breed a dragon just for it to end up abandoned and/or dead.

But sometimes it's fun to breed to the AP because some people specifically egg hunt in there, and it's nice to think maybe you're surprising someone with a nice egg...I mean there's an entire thread on "great lineages found in the AP"... =/

I will if at all possible breed sometime between xx. 15 and xx.45.

I will not participate in massbreeds.

I, Isanor, took the breeding oath.

Edited by Isanor

Don't support; I breed what I can because I can and if I don't want it, I leave it for someone else. I usually only collect CBs anyway.

*Takes the oath.*

This is me through and through. I hate abandoning anyway, so only holiday auto-abandons will escape me, but they'll all have nice lineages that people will definitely want.

*Takes a banner.*

The oath is a bit outdated right now, but I'll still support some of it. Specifically,

Not sure if this project is still active, but I support every part of it and herewith take the oath.

I, _Beloved_, take the breeding oath.

I, Blizzardtail have taken the breeding oath.

nope. sometimes I breed something and then change my mind on keeping it. sometimes I breed the wrong pair accidentally. I only mass breed my reds, which I'm pretty sure nobody minds. and these days there is no time when the AP is empty, ever. so... nope.

This oath was nice back when it was started, but nowadays it's almost completely pointless. I do like the bit about breeding stuff that you believe others will want, though it really isn't hurting anything to breed whatever. Some breeds need a lot of help to get up to a reasonable place in the ratios.

This oath.... Is completely useless to me. I could participate in a massbreed after I took this oath and you wouldn't know! I will however, take some of it to heart. I will participate in a massbreed with uncommon Dragons.

I will participate in a massbreed with uncommon Dragons.

Just be aware that massbreeding uncommons will eventually make it harder to breed those uncommons at all. That's the reasoning for staging massbreeds of supercommons, annoying as it may be for the AP: to skew the ratios a bit to make uncommons and rares easier to reproduce against the common breeds.

I support the spirit of the oath, though. I don't breed unless I want the offspring, and even if it's not the egg I want I'll usually keep it as a backup in case of refusals later in the lineage. Or to throw some BSAs into the AP since they're always welcome there. wink.gif I don't have enough of any single breed to make a wall, or even a fraction of a wall, but if I ever do I promise not to breed them all at once.

Nah. I breed what I want, when I want to. Decent idea, though, so I'll support it.

I even have word document to help me keep track of my breeding pairs. I definitely support this.