Selina_Catz

The breeding oath

heck, I'll give it a shot. I'm already doing most of the things listed anyway smile.gif

*solemn approach*

*kneel*

*hand over chest*

*head bowed*

"I do so solemnly swear.... [insert Oath Here]"

*stand*

Well, now that that's done with, Hello! It's not like I wasn't already doing that anyways... as it's just common sense. Only ones I breed are either rares(IE. Metallics) or those that are commons, but newly released, and as such harder to get. But unless I am aiming for a egg to keep for trading or gifting, I do not breed. There are plenty of other eggs out there, I need not make any more than necessary.

And even when breeding for rares, I try to breed those who are mated to less-common commons(IE. not the ones appearing en masse on the AP) and only at times which the AP is unclogged. That way, if I do get not-rare, I can abandon with full knowledge that I am not making a bad problem worse in relation to the AP.

^^

I'll suport it. I follow most of them most of the time, just not always.

I'll take the oath as well... I rarely breed anyway.. just get the eggies from the Home or AP. So, I think I can manage it!!

I will if at all possible breed sometime between xx.15 and xx.45

Probably a stupid question, but what does that mean?

and when it says breed for breeding's sake, does that include breeding rares and metallics? because I will always breed, say metallics with Sun eggs, or Bright Pinks, or Splits when I can (When I have them, that is)

I take the oath too! smile.gif

Probably a stupid question, but what does that mean?

and when it says breed for breeding's sake, does that include breeding rares and metallics? because I will always breed, say metallics with Sun eggs, or Bright Pinks, or Splits when I can (When I have them, that is)

It means to breed between 1:15 and 1:45 or 2:15 and 2:45, etc where xx is just whatever hour of the day you wish. I think this was a criteria because eggs used to be released on the hour and this was a good down time or something, but now eggs are released all the time.

Breeding for breeding's sake is like breeding two mints because you have them on your scroll and they haven't been bred yet.

*swears* I was doing that anyway, but might as well put another name on the list.

biggrin.gif I take the oath as well..I try not to breed my dragons while the AP is full, the only time I do breed them (when it seems the AP is full visually that is) is when I have tried unsuccessfully for more than 30 mins to snatch one of the eggs from the AP listing. I have yet to be scroll breeding blocked but would be more than happy ,as usual, to take a few from the AP scroll should that ever happen. I try to alternate between breeding my own and taking some from the AP list that way there is always an influx of "fresh genes" into the dragon clan,thus reducing the chance of inbreeding. I do try to be careful to not breed any types that would flood the AP with unwanted types of eggs.

I take the oath. I havent bred any dragons yet but when I do all my dragons will be kept until I reach a set ammount and then I wont breed unless someone wants to. I really am not going to inbreed but sometimes accidents happen. My breeding will be for the fact that I love dragons and I want as many as I can get.