Torakusu

Badly Named Dragons: Part Deux

Oops...I did it again tongue.gif

3 male Daydreams...sitting next to eachother on my scroll:

Now where did that Pink Cloud go

I'm sure it was following me

This White Cloud is much better

I told myself that my next batch of dragons were not going to have names that were funny in the least-- just some kind of name + Rosarien...

So, my latest hatchlings:

Too Much Red Bull (whiptail)

Trip The Light Fintastic (dorsal)

Honor Student (sunset... because it's bright. )

The sunset was nearly named Retractable Awning because Sunsetter is a brand of retractable awning that is advertised RELENTLESSLY on the radio station that's always on in the shop where I work. Then I thought that perhaps that was just bad-bad, not clever-bad, even at a full "Sunsetter Retractable Awning".

YES YES YES !!!!

My Gold hatchling gendered male, so now I have male and female golds named

Petya GoldenEye & Mischa GoldenEye!

laugh.gif

My wife has a balloon called Arnold J Rimmer

Pompus windbag, y'see.

I am pleased to introduce:

Apple Pi (hopefully male and mate for Kewl Whipp) whip tail

Thrill my Frill - male Frill

I has a Glow - female silver

I think I already told you guys about "Pokey slow-slow" and "I was a NICU baby" right?

I'm planning to breed some red males and call them Hanamichi Sakuragi, Ryota Miyagi and Hisashi Mitsui. Who gets the reference?

Kaede Rukawa would be great for a Daydream...

I think the balloon dragons just scream for bad names. I had to name mine Bouncie Ball.

I named mine Blimpy the Balloon!

I named mine Blimpy the Balloon!

lol That's cute. : D

I named mine Rosie O'Donnell.

My wife has a balloon called Arnold J Rimmer

Pompus windbag, y'see.

Dare I say your wife kicks major ass? cool.gif

Edited by HylianFox

I have a lot of "badly named" dragons, I guess. I mean, most people would probably look at my scroll and go O.o "wtf is she on?" or something along those lines. Because, seriously... a frozen paper hatchie named Paul's Beard? How about two Valentines named 'Towed Back to Tuscon' and 'Towed Back to Vegas'? Actually, pretty much anything under my blue Dino (named 'Loading Ready Run') is probably 'badly named', except my 'BUG SPLAT' and 'Spinning Air Freshner' skywing pair, maybe. Oh, and if you like Twilight, you will not like my Silvers. And, if I ever get a Geode pair, you might not like their names either.

However, everything from that blue dino down has a naming system. While it may seem very random, I swear, there is a system to my madness. biggrin.gif I am paying hommage to a great charity event that a sketch comedy group, based in British Columbia has been putting off for the last couple of years. I am still working on finding names for some of my dragons, as well as looking for dragons for names, and I don't want anyone to take my idea, so I don't really want to say more than that.

Oh, and if you like Twilight, you will not like my Silvers. And, if I ever get a Geode pair, you might not like their names either.

That male Mint would look good on her offspring's page. laugh.gif

Edited by Lizzyluna

Dare I say your wife kicks major ass? cool.gif

Thanks!

We're aiming for more Red Dwarf themed names.

To celebrate my favourite soccer team, which won the championship last Saturday, I decided to breed a Water dragon (team colors are black and blue) from my very first pairing (I wanted a "number one"). Ely and Viktor kindly gave me a water egg, the first after 5 mints, and since it gendere male I'm now the proud owner of Javier Ibracadabra smile.gif

I have a few 'badly' named dragons on my scroll...

- 'Lineage Pollution', mate to my dorkface

- 'Small Fries and a Coke', my chicken

- 'No Download Required', which I got off the ad that appeared on the name page xd.png

- 'I'm Meant to be Frozen', a green that grew up before I could freeze it

- 'I Hate You' and 'I Hate You More', my whiptail pairing ^^

- 'The Abominable Snowman's Son', a frozen white with parent 'Yetibiter'

- 'Prince Crumpet'... don't name dragons past midnight.

I am considering naming my black egg "Voldy ate my waffle ducky" or something like that.

I have a few 'badly' named dragons on my scroll...

- 'Lineage Pollution', mate to my dorkface

- 'Small Fries and a Coke', my chicken

- 'No Download Required', which I got off the ad that appeared on the name page xd.png

- 'I Hate You' and 'I Hate You More', my whiptail pairing ^^

xd.pngxd.png I fell over laughing at those names

- 'I Hate You' and 'I Hate You More', my whiptail pairing

I fell over laughing at those names

I have a disabled Vietnam vet friend who has some really serious health problems right now including waiting for eye surgery, so I help him get him all of his dragon eggs and hatchlings, and he names them and breeds them. But the names he gives them make me roll on the floor laughing. He's got two springs, one named "I hate the way I look", the other "I hate the way you look too." A daydream is now named "Dreaming about tail." He has several named in Vietnamese, and I don't EVEN want to know what the translation is ... (as I am only telling you his more socially acceptable names.)

And funniest of all ... there are several silvers ... most with conventional names ... but he has two in a line he is naming after PUS. Yes, pus (the last one was "pus the magic dragon). I often wonder when their eggs auto-abandon, when people pick them out of the AP, does the dilemma start? "Do I really want a silver bad enough to keep an egg with a parent named after pus?!"

hehehe!

The sunset was nearly named Retractable Awning because Sunsetter is a brand of retractable awning that is advertised RELENTLESSLY on the radio station that's always on in the shop where I work.

ROFLMBO!!! you should have done that one lol you could mate it with Deck Umbrella xd.png sorry, its way funnier than it should be lol

Names I have suggested to my Husband (and he used!)

Cheney's got a Gun

Amityville Toaster

Misuse of the Word 'Complicated'

Colin Sodding Firth

Blowing Bubbles

Shota Grey Goose and Shota Redrum (we were really hoping they would breed and start an adult beverage line...)

and the Bright Pink: Princess Dandyridge Brandywine

He loves all of these names dearly, but I know others would just shudder to see those names in a lineage. Fortunately, he tends to breed when the AP is full and keeps the egg.

Then again, most of these are amusing references and there's probably somebody out there who really wants

*sigh*

I just named my white stripe "Ferocious Bug-Eater" because I couldn't think of anything better xd.png

I also have "Emerald Zebra"--you got it, a green stripe. wink.gif

Names I have suggested to my Husband (and he used!)

Cheney's got a Gun

OMG this almost made Diet Coke come outta my nose (which is not its usual exit)! You evil, evil person you!

Now I got the song in my head ... *laughing*