Torakusu

Badly Named Dragons: Part Deux

April 27 - ShakaFireFly

I like my dragons names. I add two words for each name. Though sadly I messed up on my spring hatching so now it's name is SpingDawning, when it was supposed to be SpringDawning. Oh well!

April 28 - Grizabella

oh snap! If I could, I'd trade you three-for-one for SpingDawning! I know you didn't mean to leave the "R" out, but it's too cute. If you had to have left a letter out, that's the one!

April 28 - ShakaFirefly

Shaka No no, Sping is mine! I accidently got my last Spring egg killed, I'd like to keep this one. But thanks though, it's name is growing on me.

I have a confession!!

I let SpingDawning go into the wild. I couldn't stand looking at the spelling error any longer. sad.gif

MWAAAAHAHAHAHA! It's all mine! ALL MINE, I tell you! I did warn you, did I not? Dragon names left unattended invite peoples to take them. SpingDawning NOW BELONGS TO ME and only me! Oh I love my little sping ... sping, sping, sping, sping, sping!

Griz, dear, go lay your little head down for a while and DO let have a little rest!! wink.gif I think DC has given you a brain fevah.

My little Blue Stripe just whispered its name to me Pinstripe Suit With Wingtips! cool.gif

EDIT: PS to Grizabella, when will offsping be available?? laugh.gif

Edited by oddsoxdi

*sigh* sorry oddsoxdi, it's probably a leftover from the swine flu. Nasty stuff. Not recommended.

Cute name for the blue stripe!! My "slithy tove" and pebble "WHERE'S MY ROCK?" just laid a green stripe egg last night! smile.gif

My new hatchlings:

Stripe: "a tiger can't change his"

Frill: "I'm a frillseeker"

Frill: "flowers on the windowfrill"

Spring "if you please - draw me a sheep" (reference, please?)

Spring "SpingDawning" (ready to breed in ... 4 days?)

Spring "if you please - draw me a sheep" (reference, please?)

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

I prefer the slithy toves, though. xd.png

My new frozen daydream: "Baby the Stars Shine Bright". Muffins and tea to everyone who gets it biggrin.gif

half of my scroll is badly named.

stone adult - i haven't died of swine flu

Yellow Dino - Dinosaurs be immune to Swine Flu

stone adult - I am the Lagmonsta

male guardian - guardian of the cookie

female guardian - ha lagmonsta did not defeat me

female pebble - you are now playing the game

female geode - have fun playing the game

and so on

they're all terrible

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Quand on veut un mouton, c'est la preuve qu'on existe. wink.gif

I saw dragon with name The Silver Gay.

I think this is very inappropriate name for dragon.

Why? Because they used the word Gay?

EDIT: @ Aie: Are you talking about Japanese clothing or an album by Everything But the Girl? cool.gif

Edited by oddsoxdi

half of my scroll is badly named.

stone adult - i haven't died of swine flu

Yellow Dino - Dinosaurs be immune to Swine Flu

stone adult - I am the Lagmonsta

male guardian - guardian of the cookie

female guardian - ha lagmonsta did not defeat me

female pebble - you are now playing the game

female geode - have fun playing the game

and so on

they're all terrible

Oh snap, I lost the game!

Anyway I got mad at my stone hatching because it was another male so I named it "Should Have Been a Girl"

Oh snap, I lost the game!

Anyway I got mad at my stone hatching because it was another male so I named it "Should Have Been a Girl"

lol that's the whole idea of those two names. lol

I saw a dragon (in the user descriptions review) that was named: No Name (and a number). The proposed description said something about how all the names they wanted were taken.

Why? Because they used the word Gay?

EDIT: @ Aie: Are you talking about Japanese clothing or an album by Everything But the Girl? cool.gif

What about the Enola Gay? D'you remember that little ol' airplane? The one that, with a little help, quite possibly ended WWII in the pacific? Do you remember anyone back then complaining that the Enola Gay was impinging on the rights of homosexuals?

Oh, and hey, gosh, there's been an EXTREMELY popular Emmy-winning TV show on for FIVE SEASONS entitled Queer Eye For the Straight Guy. No, you may argue, the word "gay" is not in the title, but some may argue that "queer" has long been more viewed as more pejorative than "gay." This show averaged 3.5 million viewers per episode.

There's a difference between someone putting someone else down because he's different, and someone making light of something about himself. Just because someone uses the name "gay" in a dragon name doesn't make it an insult. Please consider that, just as you may be proud of being heterosexual, that many people who are gay may may be very comfortable with who they are. You may not understand it, you don't have to like it, but it's freedom of personal expression.

AND - all that is assuming that the word "gay" in "the silver gay" even MEANS homosexual, which no one has even established. The meaning of the term gay until the mid 20th century meant "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy." "Nosegay" is still used, as a small bright collection of flowers.

Please keep an open mind.

grizabella

Edited by grizabella

What about the Enola Gay? D'you remember that little ol' airplane? The one that, with a little help, quite possibly ended WWII in the pacific? Do you remember anyone back then complaining that the Enola Gay was impinging on the rights of homosexuals?

Oh, and hey, gosh, there's been an EXTREMELY popular Emmy-winning TV show on for FIVE SEASONS entitled Queer Eye For the Straight Guy. No, you may argue, the word "gay" is not in the title, but some may argue that "queer" has long been more viewed as more pejorative than "gay." This show averaged 3.5 million viewers per episode.

There's a difference between someone putting someone else down because he's different, and someone making light of something about himself. Just because someone uses the name "gay" in a dragon name doesn't make it an insult. Please consider that, just as you may be proud of being heterosexual, that many people who are gay may may be very comfortable with who they are. You may not understand it, you don't have to like it, but it's freedom of personal expression.

grizabella

plus the word "gay" originally never referred to homosexuality. just being happy.

"A true friend stabs you in the front."

- Oscar Wilde

Consider yourself stabbed in the front shric debar, because that would be me assassinating you.

I don't have a problem with the word "gay" it's all about the context.

Edited by KooshyKoKo

plus the word "gay" originally never referred to homosexuality. just being happy.

I was editing as you were commenting ... I'm too fast to post. But thank you. wink.gif

AND - all that is assuming that the word "gay" in "the silver gay" even MEANS homosexual, which no one has even established. The meaning of the term gay until the mid 20th century meant "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy." "Nosegay" is still used, as a small bright collection of flowers.

Heh heh heh heh... as a tribute to the old Dinosaurs tv show, I named my grey hatchling Argh Argh I'm Dying You Idiot. xd.png

Before I learned that light pink dragons can be either gender, I named my first one Tulip. Guess what it turned into...

Quand on veut un mouton, c'est la preuve qu'on existe.  wink.gif

0_o I need to brush up on my French, unless that really means what I think it says. Is the sheep thing an inside joke, or am I just about to fail my French final?

And a little more on topic, I just named a green stripe Grizabella The Glamour Dragon, because I have a Cats naming theme for my stripes. ^^; I really was trying to keep it serious, but Grizabella The Glamour Cat would have looked strange... so I ended up making it silly. ^^;

And I almost forgot! I recently named a split Sometimes They Grow Up Too Fast, because he decided to mature before I got the chance to give him to his intended owner.

Edited by Eruru

I have a few badly named dragons. I'm thinking of starting the badly named lineage for the breeding section. I know who I want to be the father of the first egg. He's a black dragon on my scroll with a name you probably wont pronounce right. Who do you think should be the mother? Helium Blimp (balloon) or Hater of Edwardism(old pink)?

Edited by Black_Catz_R_Cool

I just named a paper hatchling Kleenhex (keeping my hex suffix) I was dying for it to hatch to name it that.

LOL xd.png

You have to love that name.

I was silly enough to run around naming my dragons with random thrown-together syllables...Deflexos, Aryphina, Vexis and Amysta. Doesn't mean anything at all, doesn't even look nice xd.png