Torakusu

Badly Named Dragons: Part Deux

I named my hatchling with the parents "POP GOES" and "THE WEASEL"

"THAT'S THE WAY THE MONEY GOES" (it's the line of the song that goes before "pop goes the weasel")

You know you're getting desperate when you give your dragons Latin names. Several of mine have them. They are mostly okay, but one is "Hildenbrandia".

lol, my Dragons all have pretty dumb names...one of them is Aisu Sakura...which I found on a japanese translation site..I just randomly searched ''water'' and ''blossom'' I don't think it works together...but now I'm going to laugh if it turns out to be a boy

Quand on veut un mouton, c'est la preuve qu'on existe.

0_o I need to brush up on my French, unless that really means what I think it says. Is the sheep thing an inside joke, or am I just about to fail my French final?

And a little more on topic, I just named a green stripe Grizabella The Glamour Dragon, because I have a Cats naming theme for my stripes. ^^; I really was trying to keep it serious, but Grizabella The Glamour Cat would have looked strange... so I ended up making it silly. ^^;

And I almost forgot! I recently named a split Sometimes They Grow Up Too Fast, because he decided to mature before I got the chance to give him to his intended owner.

It translates to (as you may know), "If someone wants a sheep, it is proof that he exists."

As you are not familiar with the sheep, you may not be familiar with the book The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Expery, as many of us are. The original was in French. The book is a combination of theology and existentialism. Both the story and the illustrations (both done by the author) are priceless.

You can find the full story and illustrations on the web (in English) here:

The Little Prince

*hugs* grizz

Picked up an ER daydream egg with parents named:

Prepare to die

&

The menagerie is for guests only

Oh dear...

EDIT: @ Aie: Are you talking about Japanese clothing or an album by Everything But the Girl? cool.gif

Actually I was wondering which one would be mentioned first biggrin.gif So double muffins and lots of tea to you!

Oh man, I have some bad ones xd.png

old pink, which of course is a girl: Uncle Biscuits

male split: Scallywaggin David

male whiptail: General Thomas Kinkade

male guardian: Diggity Rising Moonbeam (the parents were Diggity Derek and Rising Moon Beam xd.png I'm so clever!)

and my personal favorite - male magi: Patches O'Houlihan

I just named my purple dorsal hatching "Semper Ubi Sub Ubi" which is a nonsense sentence in Latin which translates as "always where under where" or in the fertile minds of bored schoolchildren (and some bored adults) "Always wear underwear".

'No Download Required' the frill now has a mate... 'Play Poker Online Free' the daydream xd.png

If I ever see a dragon with the name goldenpalace.com , I am blaming YOU. xd.png

I have a male Red named "I Wish I Waz A Girl". Obviously, he gendered wrong, but he was a gift so I kept him.

~Tsuki

'No Download Required' the frill now has a mate... 'Play Poker Online Free' the daydream xd.png

*laughs head off*

I just got a brilliant idea!

user posted image

biggrin.gif

Edited by PrimalDragon

If I ever see a dragon with the name goldenpalace.com , I am blaming YOU. xd.png

Oh yes smile.gif I hope whoever caught their first baby has an open mind to 'bad' names ^^

I got fed up with seeing several unnamed dragons in my scroll, but my muse for nice-sounding names was hiding in some closet. So I ended up with several bad/stupid names. n_n;

Here go some random ones:

Frozen Stripped: Vanilla with orange syrup (well, it's white with orange stripes, is it not?)

Male Baloon: NOT a pincushion

Male dorsal: My fins are attracting teh girlz (though they aren't, I've only gotten males so far)

Female alt vine: Winner of the femme alt lottery (it took me ages to get a female)

I haz sets, too:

Female sunset: Shadow Prowler

Male sunset: Is coming for you

Frozen sunset: Phear himmmm

Male daydream (still a hatchling but he'll grow eventually) : My pink cloud turned blue

Frozen daydream: But mine will stay pink

Also, inspired by Dakki's epic WHEN I WAS A YOUNG WARTHOG (yes, I was going through the thread before I posted), my frozen sunrise is now named "When i was a young meerkaaaaat". I always liked Timon. xd.png

edit: I forgot to mention my terribly named christmas...his mane kind of looks like a beard, which reminds me of Dumbledore from HP but my best friend insists he looks like a pinata...soooo....he ended up named "Albus Dumbledore is NOT a Pinata". x_x

*brick'd*

Edited by MissK.

My new Silver Dorkface gendered male! I got to use the name I was hoping I could! World, meet Vanilla Ice Dorkface, son of Inoffensive Vanilla Name, and Dorkface's Spectator Shoes. cool.gif

My pink male just got baptised Mah-li'man. Couldn't quite bring myself to make it Man-li'man tongue.gif (say i out loud)

My new Silver Dorkface gendered male! I got to use the name I was hoping I could! World, meet Vanilla Ice Dorkface, son of Inoffensive Vanilla Name, and Dorkface's Spectator Shoes. cool.gif

Cutest name ever. Looks more like a striped name, but I love it.

You deserve a virtual internet. smile.gif

Edited by Lizzyluna

I have two new hatchlings; a black named "you should be kissed - and often," and a spring, "LET THE WILD RUMPUS START."

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone? cool.gif

Edited by grizabella

Wonderful kid's book. Must buy it one day... but kitschy romances... urgh, no!

Nothing against you or your names, though.

Gummi bear? It's been in my pocket; they're real warm and soft.

lol, my Dragons all have pretty dumb names...one of them is Aisu Sakura...which I found on a japanese translation site..I just randomly searched ''water'' and ''blossom'' I don't think it works together...but now I'm going to laugh if it turns out to be a boy

Actually, the translation you got is the Engrish word for Ice and the correct word for cherry blossom.

Water blossom would be something like Mizu No Hana (Flower of water) >_> (/also used translation sites)

Got more new bad names though

The Chocolate one, it was a male pink, and it's parents were Foxy Chocolate, and The Pretty One (come to think of it 'The Pretty One' is also pretty bad, all I could think of for a male pink though)

There were a few more, but i can't remember them, and the main site is down so I can't check >_<

Wonderful kid's book. Must buy it one day... but kitschy romances... urgh, no!

Nothing against you or your names, though.

Gummi bear? It's been in my pocket; they're real warm and soft.

hehehe I have to admit, I've never read "Gone with the Wind." But I just adore that line. mm-hmmm.

"You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how."

I don't read romance, but that doesn't mean I'm not a hopeless romantic.

gummi bear? Why shore ... got any red ones?

Sure. Help yourself.

user posted image

No bad names as long as the cave is down anyway... dry.gif

Last night my naming muse was away and I ended up naming my newly grown male frilled Cantaloupe Spirals.

I was eating sliced cantaloupe at the time, and thought, "Well, cantaloupe is orange, and there are orange spirals on the wings, so..." laugh.gif

I also have a water named I'm a Badfish Too. No question marks allowed, or I would have named him Are You a Badfish Too?

Edited by CrimsonKingie

Let's see, since the good name muse is hiding from my dragons, I ended up with these names:

KFC escapee- Chicken

I will learn how to fly- Stone

Talk to the Fin- Dorsal

I'm ignoring yooouuu- Alt vine

I almost feel sorry for them...

I named my purple dorsal "The Dragon who says Ni" in reference to the nights who say ni! from Monty Python tongue.gif and my chicken "Chicket the Thieving Assassin" cause I couldn't decide which is better thieves or assassins biggrin.gif