Torakusu

Badly Named Dragons: Part Deux

EDIT: Griz, do you REALLY heart Vincent d'Onofrio (is that spelled right?)??

ha - you caught me *sigh* he can put handcuffs on me ANYtime.

edit: for those of you who are unfamiliar with Vincent D'Onofrio and think I'm merely into S&M ... he was/is THE best part of Law & Order Criminal Intent.

Edited by grizabella

ha - you caught me *sigh* he can put handcuffs on me ANYtime.

Hey that's ok. As far as I'm concerned, Jeremy Brett is a Sex God. So it's all copacetic. cool.gif

If I get more balloons, I'm calling them Betty Ripsom, Matthew Clements and maybe Veronica Grogan. Who gets the horrible pun?

Edited by Lizzyluna

If I get more balloons, I'm calling them Betty Ripsom, Matthew Clements and maybe Veronica Grogan. Who gets the horrible pun?

"We all float down here."

>.>

Lizzy my dear friend ... there are 175,000 players on DragonCave.  This twit is but one of them, and he/she has less than 100 dragons.  Yes they're morbid, but they are named above a level that most children would understand.  I've seen other scrolls here devoted to death - there's one where half the dragons are named after the show Dexter (the serial killer TV show).

However, the chances of your abandoned eggs landing on one of these scrolls is infitesimal.

laugh.gif I would LOVE it if one of my grandchildren ended up on the Dexter scroll!!!! I ADORE Dexter, it's one of the best shows EVER!!!! And it would be a wonderful alternative to unnamed, or even worse(I just found out about this a few minutes ago) enafter being LiT getting KILLED when its owner's scroll is burned. T_T It makes me never want to trade again for fear of it happening again. That kind of thing really puts names you don't like in perspective. And I think I would actually kind of like to have one end up on the death scroll, it's amusing, and in my opinion it's much better than BilLy Joe 14, Sea Sponge, The Lagmonster Ate My Future, or pork chop sandwiches(all names of my dragons' offspring). Although I guess I'm really not one to talk when it comes to giving dragons horrible names.

My most recent badly named dragon is a bred gold(normally I would be more careful when it comes to naming rares, but since her parents belong to me, I figure it's okay to scar her for life). I she'd been unnamed for a few days, and in a split second decision without thinking I named her "Golder But No Wiser". ^^; I'm sorry in advance to whoever gets he eggs once she breeds.

Edit: Because I just realized it said "Golder But No Wise" instead of "Golder But No Wiser". ^^; You can't begin to imagine how relieved I am that it's a spelling error in this post, and not the dragon's name itself.

Edited by Eruru

Nobody checks the codes!

Actually, I do as JadeDestiny lists them. And I guess I'm not the only one. (Pretty hard to be the only one doing something here in this huge community anyway. wink.gif )

Well now, my new badly named dragon isn't so badly named, more ironically named. Its code is boie (sounds like boy), and it gendered female. Its also a descendant of the Surprise Lineage, so it has been christened:

Surprise - I'm not a boy.

Not original, but appropriate.

And, to be honest, I'd rather a badly named offspring than an unnamed one, or a dead one. sad.gif

And you're right Grizzabella, most people don't check codes. I just figured out that some people name dragons almost the same or similar. I was on Jade Destiny and just figured out the codes were different. >< I feel silly, but it made me realize that I need to check a bit closer from now on, rather than just take the names at face value. smile.gif

Edited by Gyps13

I just keep adding badly named dragons to my scroll. Mostly it is my hatchling army that has the bad names though. I don't like to have things to breed that have bad names.

Male Spring Hatchie- Pepe le Pue (Hopefully mate/partner in crime for Flauer)

Blue Stripe - The Golden Smurf (unoriginal, I know)

Frozen sunset hatchie - Swallow with a Coconut

Frozen sunrise hatchie - Is it a Eurapean Swallow

Daydream pair- (f) Look a bird (m) Its a Plane

Frozen water - Miniscule Splash (adult is Epic Splash)

Waiting for Fog to gender- that one will require some thought (other adult on the scroll is Titanic's Nightmare)

Waiting for Fog to gender- that one will require some thought (other adult on the scroll is Titanic's Nightmare)

How about "Fun in the Bermuda Triangle"? lol

How about "Fun in the Bermuda Triangle"? lol

I like it! I was thinking more along the lines of the highway at night, but thats even better!

Thankies!

so I added a few more ...

Queen Titania

robin goodfellow

mischevious peaseblossom

tiny mustardseed

shy cobweb

and ...

mote of my eye

[/i][/size][/color][/font]

What?! No Oberon?! wink.gif

My (New) Pinks have some crazy names. It's part of a theme I have going on.

Females:

I Haz PMS

I Haz Blemish

U Haz Pimples

Xfoliate Daily

U Needz Blusher

Males:

Rose D'Anjou <~ named that way for an upcoming breeding project I'm planning.

With the exception of I Haz PMS, the other females are lined up on my scroll in that very order to form a "sentence". I have another pink I'm waiting for to mature before I name it, depends on the gender, before I move it around on my scroll.

FINALLY!!

I've had a Stone hatchling gender aright so I could hear him whisper his name to me - meet Quarry Feldman!! biggrin.gif

Let me see, I got a male pink dragon that I named Not pink - It's lightish red. (Inspriation for that name came from Donut of Red vs Blue xd.png)

Also I'm waiting to see if my male and female Whiptails will be able to breed with each other and not refuse. If the pairing doe work out, then I plan to name the female Die Monster and the male You don't belong in this world.

And I might go ahead and get myself another whiptail later that I plan to name I will kill you and the night.

Random Belmont quotes FTW on Whiptails. xd.png

Edited by Tails and Sonic

FINALLY!!

I've had a Stone hatchling gender aright so I could hear him whisper his name to me - meet Quarry Feldman!! biggrin.gif

I love it!! All you need is a Quarry Haim and you'll be set for life lol! biggrin.gif

I named one due to the code... badly named? Most likely *sinister grin*

Code: LOs3

Name: Think of the Game - You Lose

I named one due to the code... badly named? Most likely *sinister grin*

Code: LOs3

Name: Think of the Game - You Lose

ARGHHHH!!

I lost the game! dry.gif

These are some of my girls:

Dora the Eggsplorer (purple)

Gina Loadabricks (stone)

Geodudette (geode)

I Sat on a Thumb Tack (gray)

I Got a Jar of Dirt (green)

Barbie Que (red)

And boys:

Howie Mandel (balloon) code is OWWI

Irving Berlin Wall (geode)

Orange Ya Gonna Name Me (magi)

Girly Man (new pink)

Book of Matches (red)

Hot Pants (red)

Liar Liar Pants on Fire (red)

My Friends Call Me Sheila (autumn)

Helmets On Captain Video (skywing)

Rocky Rocky Rah Rah Rah (stone)

My vampire pair are Clip My Nails (male) and Clip My Nails Too (female)

Of course, I did some puppet pal names, I named one of my female ballons Puppet Pal Ron. I wans't paying enough attention to the gender.

I swore I was going to pick nice names for my dragons when I stole the eggs...but...

My Balloon dragon's name is Lead Weight

My Water dragon's name is Drugath (precursor of Drought as drought was taken)

Guess my sanity was short lived! xd.png

This thread has been awesome to read! It took me a while but boy was it worth it!!

Hard Rock Cafe Owner

for a stone

no just no

In the anti-freezing thread one person said that they viewed freezing as taxidermy, so I responded by saying that when you freeze a hatchling it doesn't say

"You kill and stuff your hatchling and step back to admire your handiwork."

It says

"You cast a spell on the hatchling that stops any aging."

And Flame Rising responded to "You kill and stuff your hatchling etc. by saying

"You mount your hatchling on the wall and use its teeth to hang your hats."

xd.png So, in honor of the hilarious mental image, I now have a frozen geode hatchling with the name "Hat Rack". I'm very tempted to give it a description even though I've never bothered to describe any of my dragons before.

And on a completely different topic, I saw a stone with parents that had absolutely hilarious names. I would kill for one of their eggs. xd.png

Mother: "I CAN HAZ GEODE"

Father: "DON'T RUSH ME WOMAN"

I'd also kill for an egg from "Tonight We Dine In Hell" and "Tomorrow I'm Thinking Arby's". It's just so perfect! laugh.gif

Edited by Eruru

I just named my frozen balloon hatchie Sodaholic. I mean, surely that explains his floating addiction, right? laugh.gif

I'm actually surprised that wasn't taken. Maybe I should name the next one Pepsi-holic or Dr. Pepper Addict. Or Strawberry Crush....

I've a new little female green Stripe who bashfully told me her name today - Do My Stripes Make Me Look Fat - and I would SURE appreciate being able to use a FEW punctuation marks in naming!! cool.gif