superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

[o.O Player. That's just cruel. How could he not know his own Clanmate, even when he was mates with her...?]

Lightnose stood there, mouth hanging slightly open, eyes wider than usual, frozen in shock. Did Coralpoint just ask what she thought he had asked? Who Rippleleaf was? How was it even possible not to know who his own mate was . . . ? Even if they weren't interested in each other any more, Coralpoint should at least know his own Clanmate. The selfish tom cat, Lightnose thought in disgust. She hated his couldn't-care-less attitude and wanted to swipe her claws across his face . . . but of course she couldn't do that.

"You know, Rippleleaf," the medicine cat prompted. Her voice was tight as she struggled to keep control of her temper and she forced a smile. "Your mate . . . ? Rippleleaf told me just before she passed away that the kits were yours. I may have heard wrong, however." By the tone of her voice, you could tell that Lightnose didn't really believe she had heard wrong. Coralpoint was too greedy for his own good - he mated with she-cats as if eating piece after piece of prey. He simply earned their love and tossed them away, never remembering even their names after that.

Poor Rippleleaf, Lightnose thought wistfully. She hoped fervently that the she-cat was not watching this exchange from StarClan - it would have broken her heart to hear her so-called mate refer to her like that. How could he have forgotten her name? Lightnose thought again.

Edited by Stunningfire

"My mate? Oh that's Poppytide. Wait a second... I think I remember her now... When Poppytide didn't want to have kits with me, I think I asked her... Oh yeah! That was it! Kits? Yaaaaay!!!!"

Coralpoint dashed off to the nursery to investigate

((short post is short... again...))

[i love Coralpoint. |D]

Lightnose blinked again, trying to keep her face free of any angry emotions and her eyes free of fury, as Coralpoint thought out loud. He can only remember Poppytide, the medicine cat noted, the fur on her back bristling slightly. The other she-cats loved him also, but he couldn't have cared less about them. He only wanted kits. See, look at him now, sprinting off toward camp only to see his kits. At least he cares about them. Lightnose watched Coralpoint scamper off, eyes narrowed to slits.

"Oh, you'll pay someday for all the hearts you've broken, Coralpoint," the wise old medicine cat whispered. "Someday. Treat your kits well."

[alot.png Can't wait till Holly is free again... what to rp for now?

@ Holly: Sorry for taking Ninja away, I'm just a little short on rp ideas and I'm in dire need of procrastination right now.

@TMD: Also taking away Nightwing.

@ SF: is Leafspots open to train?]

Ninjablade regarded Echospirit closely. There was something almost... eager in her motions. It made him feel a bit nervous. Moonlight bathed Echospirit in an astonishing glow that, if Ninjablade were the sentimental type (which he definitely was NOT), it would make his heart skip a beat. " Right. I'd love to banter and trade witty remarks with you, but I have some corrupting to participate in." he huffed before turning his back on her to retreat back to Riverclan. Once he was near the Windclan border he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and shook his head. He was getting some odd vibes off of Echospirit. " Best steer clear of her then." he told himself. He walked along at a leisurely pace until he could hear a sound. Perking up his ears, he could distinguish the sound of the brook that ran near their meeting spot. A sense of excitement filled him as he went off to see his pupil. " Minion." he corrected himself out loud. As he rounded the corner, he saw that Nightwing was not there. A jolt of fear hit him before he calmed down and chided himself on such foolish behaviour. A little while later he could hear Nightwing's pawsteps. They sounded... different?

Nightwing stepped through the foliage to find Ninjablade already there. He slowly raised his head to regard her. A look of apprehension crossed his features, as if he already knew what news she was going to bring him and was already waiting for the final verdict of where their relationship stood. " I remember." she spoke aloud.

Ninjablade always expected those words to have a major impact on him. Some sort of " Oh no, my plans are foiled!" or "Yay, she finally remembered!" reaction. Instead, a cloud of confusion descended upon him. If she remembered, did that... change anything? There was a suffocating silence that polluted the air. Never before had he felt so... awkward. What made this situation so awkward? Certainly not an emotional attachment. Try as he might, he could not fathom any conclusion, or so he convinced himself.

" I would still like to... well. Whatever this is." came the sound that sliced the tension.

Ninjablade blinked owlishly. " I suppose we could." he answered. The pressure was suddenly lifted and the two of them sighed in relief at the same time. Ninjablade was the first to chuckle, soon joined by Nightwing. Not long after the chuckles turned to giggles, and the giggles turned to full bouts of laughter. By the end, no side remained unstitched, and no eyes left dry. Whatever this was, they had a little longer to enjoy it.

[K I've finally figured out where I want Ninja and Night to stand with each other. Just clarifying now: They will not and never will be mates. At all.]

[No. XD Don't forget Holly~ Time-skip. Light, we will still RP Leafspots x Featherstreak in the past.]

Leafspots came back into camp with only a measly mouse in her jaws. Her head was bowed in embarrassment - call yourself a warrior? she taunted herself. You can only catch that much. Even in leaf-bare, you could catch more as an apprentice! - and her heart was in pieces from Featherstreak's confession that he already had a mate. Leafspots had agreed to be his cover-up mate, and they would still be more than friends, but it wasn't enough. She wanted kits. More than that, she wanted kits with Featherstreak.

Spiritstar's voice sounded across the clearing, calling the Clan together for a Clan meeting. Leafspots's head shot up in surprise, and she quickly trotted over to the fresh-kill pile to add her small contribution. By the time she had dropped off the mouse, the Clan had already gathered around Highrock, where Spiritstar was. He stood there, regally surveying the cats of ThunderClan. Leafspots felt a small twinge of jealousy in her heart, but she knew that being leader was not for her.

Leafspots sat there patiently as Spiritstar called the two apprentices forward. Her heart leaped when the ThunderClan leader called her name to be Sigmakit's - no, Sigmapaw's, now - mentor! Her, Leafspots, a mentor? Her heart raced in excitement as she leaned forward to touch noses with her new apprentice. "I'm honored to work with you," the brown she-cat murmured, pulling back slightly. "I'll do my best. We'll make a great team."

[Quoting Lionblaze XD]

Edited by Stunningfire

Lightningstreak's whiskers twitched slightly as her blush faded a bit. "If only you were a ThunderClan cat, sent to spy on us," she teased as they followed the scent trail of another mouse. "Then I would have really frightened you out of your fur, and sent you scurrying back to Spiritstar!" Lightningstar lapsed into silence as the scent grew stronger. Finally, the pair came to a large oak tree.

A small, plump mouse was nibbling on seeds on a large root, oblivious to the fact that there were two hungry hunters nearby. It's eyes were small and beady, its tail wrapped around its two hind paws. It was sitting up on its haunches, facing away from Lightningstar and Bluefur, its attention totally focused on its small snack.

"Okay," Lightningstar breathed. "You head that way" - she gestured slightly with her tail to the right - "and I'll head that way. I'll leap out and frighten it, causing it to run right into your paws." She licked her lips, almost tasting the mouse's blood in her mouth. "Ready? Go." The deputy was already creeping away, belly lowered to the ground, weaving through the grass like a snake. Her tail was hovering right above the ground, not quite touching the ground. Her black pelt was almost invisible in the tall fronds.

[Reply to this, TMD =3]

Sigmapaw beamed at her mentor. " Oh, I hope so!" she exclaimed, nearly bouncing with excitement. " What will we do first? Are you going to take me outside of the camp? Oh PLEASE tell me you're going to take me outside of the camp! I've been DYING to go there for EVER. Can we go? Can we? I promise I'll be good! You just show me those borders and I will NEVER cross them! Nope. Never! I'll die first! Well, unless something really important happens. But I'll do my best to obey you! When are you going to teach me how to fight? Oh I bet I'd be a really fast learner! I have sooo much energy. Thetakit, no, ThetaPAW. Doesn't that sound silly? ThetaPAW. SigmaPAW. Why do we change the last part of our names? Does it sound weird when you get your warrior name? Did you get to pick your name? I heard Starclan picks your name. I hope I don't get a weird name like Sigmanose or something! That would be AWFUL. Then I would have to live with that name for the rest of my life! What was I saying? Oh yeah, Theta...PAW. Teehee. Fun to say. Anyways, Thetapaw says I cause a lot of trouble because I'm always up and about. I think he's just a teensy bit of a grouch. I swear I'll try to behave. It's just sometimes I have this urge to EXPLORE! Don't you love exploring? What did it feel like the first time you went out of camp? I bet it was awesome. When will you teach me how to hunt? Oh, I'll be the best hunter you've ever seen! I'll catch so many things for this camp you guys won't know what to do with the leftovers! I guess that's kind of bad though. Wasting food. Alright, I'll catch as much as this clan needs! Even during leafbare. I'll be the bestest hunter you'ver ever seen! Well, I'll try to be at least. Do we get to hunt today? Will you show me where to hunt? What kind of stuff can you catch here? Thetapaw told me you can catch rabbits here. Can you really? That would be super! I love the taste of rabbits. My FAVOURITE thing to eat though are snakes. I don't know why! Thetapaw calls be an oddball. What's an oddball? How can odd be ballish? Some of the things Thetapaw says... Oh look! I'm getting used to it! What did I want to say... Oh, right! Thetapaw is so smart. He uses these big words like 'can-tank-er-us' and 'en-en-enik-ma' or something like that. I don't know what they mean, and when I ask he's all eggs-assperated. But I know he actually loves to explain stuff. He's really good at explaining stuff. Like behaviour! He told me I shouldn't talk too much. But I'm just trying to be friendly. I'm not talking too much, am I? Oh can we go now? I know I'm being impatient, but it's just so eggs-hill-er-ating! Oh my gosh I'm just so excited!" she squealed.

[Have fun. smile.gif Not even going to bother editing that. You don't have to read any of it. Srsly.]

Leafspots nodded with a smile when Sigmapaw bounced up and down and asked if her mentor was taking her out of the camp. The warrior opened her mouth to reply but had no chance, because Sigmapaw was prattling on and on . . . something about changing their names - Leafspots opened her mouth to reply to that one as well, but also had no chance - and Thetapaw being a grouch and using big words. Finally, finally, Sigmapaw ended with squealing that she was so excited and Leafspots stood there for a few awkward seconds, mouth still open but not quite knowing what to say.

"Yes, erm, that's all really great, Sigmapaw," the new mentor stammered out, her meow sounding like a squeak. She winced, swallowed, and continued. "Um, to answer your first question, er, questions, I will be taking you out of the camp. I was going to have you gather moss" - it was, after all, what Leafspots had done on her first day as apprentice, but considering Sigmapaw's bubbling excitement the she-cat didn't think the elders would be too happy about the moss Sigmapaw would manage to gather - "but now I changed my mind. We can, uh, do battle training."

Why in the name of StarClan did I say that? Leafspots thought angrily. All the cats knew that mentors rarely took their apprentices out for battle training on the first day of their apprenticeship. Hunting, maybe, but not battle training. Moss gathering helped them to learn control over their claws, and they only started to train for battle after learning how to gather moss for the elders and most likely hunt. Ah, well, Leafspots sighed. It's not like Sigmapaw would have much interest in doing anything else, anyway, and she would only scare all the prey again like that.

"And to answer your other question, um, about names, I'm not quite sure why we changed out names. It's been a part of Clan ritual for as long as the warrior code. Maybe it's to keep track of who's an apprentice and who's a kit, I guess. And you earn your warrior name." Leafspots paused, wondering if there was anything else she had missed. Well, of course there was something she missed, what with the questions Sigmapaw was firing at her.

This will be a long season with my new apprentice, Leafspots thought with an inward sigh.

[i SEE YOU TEAM. o_o]

Edit:

Sigmapaw paused for a moment. " Battle training?" she asked, thinking about it quietly for a moment. A short moment. " That sounds amazing! I mean, gathering moss sounded pretty cool too. Anything is pretty great I guess. Thetapaw says its all about the way you view things. Like, I don't like to do problems that involve a lot of thinking, but Theta does. But if I think I like to do them, then I do! Its amazing. Theta is pretty awesome like that. So If I think I like it I think I could gather moss. But battling sounds way cooler. I'll try not to be TOO jumpy. Theta is going to KILL me if I get another bruise! He's so mad that I get hurt all the time, but its not my fault! Besides, its like he says, practice makes perfect!"

[she shall be my ranting character. Bwahahahaha.]

Edit2: [Yeah sorry I just wanted to catch her.]

Edit 3: [YOU gonna edit THAT? alot.png]

Edited by Ladynightstalker101

[Yeah. I need to find the time. ;__; So sorry]

Edited by Stunningfire

((Wow, I thought I replied to his a while ago! I guess not, or my connection was bad. Sorry.))

Mothflight flicked his tail side to side, he couldn't really think of anything else to talke about. Hunger was a topic, but Hazelcloud was already eating something, and he wasn't really that hungry. The clouds had been the topic already, and Clan politics didn't seem like much of a casual conversationalist piece. Instead, he just sat there, with a kit-like, shy look on his face. His nose began to itch, and he wiggled it before it twitched once more and his eyes watered. He looked away from Hazelcloud and the fresh-kill pile, rattling his body with a sneeze. His dusty pelt seemed to have been hiding real dust, as a cloud of it rose into the air, and he turned back to Hazelcloud, ears twitching.

"I'm sorry, Hazelcloud; I can't really think of anything to talk about..."

The tom's ear continued twitching, and he smiled, pawing at it to get it to stop. "So..."

Mothflight's tail flicked back and forth, and he looked around. "I might get an apprentice soon; the kits seem really energetic."

There was a weary look in his eyes that showed he was desperate for conversation. He enjoyed Hazelcloud's company; she was an old friend, but he could tell the conversation was dying and felt the encounter was all too short.

Songkit meowed and rolled over on his side. With a wobbly step, he opened his eyes for the first time and peered around, seeing two cats curled up beside him and his two siblings. One appeared to be asleep, but the other was watching him. "M-mother?" He asked. She had the milky smell he had grown accustomed to alongside his littermates. He took a step forward, and finding that his mossy bed ended there, tripped and rolled in a somersault straight into the second cat with an "Ooof!".

Braveheart jumped straight up into the air hissing when something soft smashed against his face. "Ghostwisp?" He looked around and noticed their son Songkit was what had rolled into him. "Songkit? Songkit! His eyes are open!" Excited, the tom reached forward and licked his son between the ears. "Welcome to WindClan." He said with a warm smile, glancing up at the other two kits, who were asleep in their nest still.

Songkit looked up at him curiously. He must be his father, as he recognized the qute familiar scent. "Where am I?" He looked around curiously and pounced on a mossball. "Why, the nursery of course." His father answered with a mroww of amusement as his son fell over on his wobbly legs again. "What's WindClan?" Songkit asked curiously. "WindClan is the best clan. We're the fastest runners of all the clans, and we hunt rabbits which no one else can match in speed." His father replied with a note of pride in his voice. "And YOU and your littermates are the newest WindClan members." Songkit sat back and looked up at him curiously. "What's your name? What's mommas name? And what are clans in the first place?" He looked up at his mother with questioning eyes.

-~-~-~-~-~

Wolfkit coughed and sputtered up River water as Mint towed her to the bank. "Splashpaw!" She yowled, mid-cough and struggled to get free of Mint, though she knew it was useless and she'd drown if he let her go. "Splashpaw.... Mint, where is she? I had her until that log hit me.." She stopped talking as she coughed up another stream of water.

-~-~-~-~-~

Wisepaw nosed the kits' ears. Babysitting. How fun. As cute as the kits were, he wanted to be out getting herbs with Lightnose. But I must stay here and watch them, it's a medicine cat's job to watch over and tend all the clan cats, and I will do it without complaining, even if I have to stay inside all day. He set his head on his paws and started reciting herbs while he watched the rise and fall of the kits' breathing fondly.

Leopardpelt trotted up to Lightnose with her jaws clamped around burial herbs for Rippleleaf. Setting them on the ground, she watched Coralpoint leave and said to Lightnose, "Wisepaw stayed behind to watch the kits for me." Even as she spoke, her golden eyes followed the tom up the path towards camp. "Lightnose, if he gets greencough this Leaf-fall, don't cure it." She said with a cold edge to her voice. In her mind, he was the fox that killed her best friend. "Here are the herbs, but I'm going back to keep an eye on my kits. I don't trust that weasel any more than I would a badger." Her eyes glinted as she bounded off into the bushes towards her kits.

Ghostwisp looked at Braveheart and their son with affection in her eyes. "My name is Ghostwisp," she said in reply to one of Songkit's questions. "Your father's name is Braveheart and clans are groups of cats that live together. There are four total in this forest: WindClan, which is the one we live in; ThunderClan, RiverClan, and ShadowClan." She smiled at their son and her tail flicked a bit back and forth happily as she did so. She was happy that he had his eyes open and that he was talking but she could tell that he was very inquisitive.

[i'm sorry this took forever. I'll post as Hazel soon.]

Leafspots smiled and nodded, her face frozen as her apprentice chattered on and on. Hopefully she couldn't be like this the whole time, could she? Perhaps some battle training would wear her out . . . "Um, yeah. It's nice to be jumpy sometimes. You have quick reflexes. I can already tell you're quite . . . erm . . . " She hunted for the right word, hoping not to offend her new apprentice. "Ah, skittish." Leafspots nodded and continued. "Yes, Thetapaw is quite right. Practice does make perfect."

The brownish orange she-cat turned tail and hooked her tail over her back, gesturing for Sigmapaw to follow. She pushed her way out of the bramble barrier and walked a few fox-lengths forward, pausing to wait for her apprentice. "Welcome to your first time out of the camp," Leafspots purred, remembering HER first time. "It will seem a bit big at first, but you'll soon get used to it and know every single bit of our territory."

Songkit continued to look back and forth between his mother and father curiously. "But what are the other clans like? And where do they live? Why are there four instead of us all living together? What are they LIKE, why are we considered so different?" He asked, flooding them with more questions. He had more, but he decided to withhold them until his latest bunch were answered. "And what in the world is a rabbit?" He asked with a dumbfounded expression.

Can i join?

Clan: Riverclan

Colour: Silver with darker silver stripes

Could I be an abandoned kit that has been adopted into Riverclan? I know it's not exactly Riverclan style but... I LOVE RIVERCLAN! smile.gif

[@TMD: What was my question again? o///o]

Sigmapaw excitedly followed behind Leafspots, bouncing on the pads of her paws. When they finally exited the camp, Sigmapaw looked around her with wonder. " Amazing..." she breathed in an uncharacteristic moment of silence. Bouncing back harder than ever, she began to race around Leafspots. " This is soooooooooo cool! It's huge! There's so much space to run! It's amazing! Where are we going? Oh can we explore before you teach me how to fight? Oh please please pretty please with a vole on top? "

[Lol. Who stole my cloudsong?]

[sorry, about the short post. I'm already bored of ranting with her x) Good news for Leafspots I guess.]

A small kit stumbles out of the bushes arounf Riverclan camp, panting. She's a silver tabby with huge blue eyes. 'Where am I?' she murmurs to herself, then shivers.

(are Riverclan posts supposed to have different coloured posts?)

Edited by Chicogal

[No we have different coloured posts because when we have multiple characters it's easier to distinguish which is which with different colours.]

Ninjablade padded back from his late night meeting. time had escaped him and he stayed much longer than intended. Already he could feel the sun's warm rays peek through the canopy above and create light shows after bouncing off of the rivers. It while he's on this peaceful walk that a small bundle of gray fur tumbles out in front of him. He pauses and looks down to study it. Roughly, he turns it over with a paw to see blue, expressive eyes gazing up at him. ' Kits." he huffed, and stepped over her to continue on his way to camp.

[Edit: Also, try to have at least 5 sentences in your posts.]

Turnkit was silently playing witha ball of moss in the corner of the nursery. Rarely was she noticed, and she found that it did not bother her much. Being by herself granted her a greater opportunity to silently study and learn. An interesting thing to watch was the queen with 7 kits. It seemed like absolute chaos. The little ones were pure balls of energy, whizzing about. The warrior looked exhausted. Turnkit added " quiet and reserved" to her list of thing she should work towards being.

'Hey...hey!' shouted out the weak kit, desperate for food and water. She looked at the rapidly disappearing back of the tom. She rolled over and staggered weakly to her feet. Her blue eyes were wide and crazy with hunger and fear. 'HEY!' She shouted out, then fell into a faint on the soft ground.

Ninjablade sighed. To help or not to help? Feeling a bit of residual joy from his previous meeting with Nightwing, he decided it wouldn't hurt to gain some positive karma. " What?" he asked, exasperation leaking into his tone. " What are you even doing out here?" he amended.