superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

The kit opened her eyes and raised her head. 'Fl..ood... Mum.... Dead... Hurt...' Whispered the kit, as she pointed her tail to a gash in her thin leg. She looked up at this tom with round blue eyes. 'Food... Help me...' She stuttered, then put her head down, as she was too exhausted to move anymore. She desperately hoped that this tom would help her.

((were you approved in the ooc thread?))

"The other clans are different from us with with different prey and whatnot," Ghostwisp said in reply to his first question. "ThunderClan has squirrels and thrushes while ShadowClan also has those since they live on land that's woodsy like the first clan. RiverClan lives near marshes and they also have the same prey as ShadowClan and ThunderClan but they also have fish. As for why the different clans, well we're all rivals and we decided to live in different areas where we could all get some experience. It would be better if we were all one group but some cats can't stand others so it's easier this way." She wasn't really sure how she should reply to that question but she tried as best as she could. "They also have different scents," she continued about how the clans were different. "Rabbits are animals like squirrels and birds but they have fur and hop around. They're also our food or rather prey since we hunt for them and bring them back here to our home to eat like the other members."

Forsettrender poked his nose in the nusery . it felt good to finally be out of Gorsetail's den and he wanted to get away from the happenings outside. He noticed one of the kits playing with a ball of moss and carefully walked around the ones still sleeping sitting down beside it. Turnkit he reconized her as. "Hello Turnkit" he mewed warmly greeting the little cat.

Addermouth bit down on Mysticpaw.Before tossing her into the den, not bothering to check if the bite had been fatal or not knowing Zero would finish her if it wasn't. He walked past Heartpaw knowing she atleast had a brain and decided to do some hunting to explain his absense from the camp.

' Oh my starclan.' he groaned in his head. " Alright." he huffed. " No getting blood on me." he warned. Gruffly, he grabbed the kit by the scruff of the neck and carried him towards the camp.

[why on earth is this carrot turning my hand orange?]

Turnkit was startled out of her reverie. " Uh, hello." she began somewhat timidly. She batted the ball of moss to the side and then stood up and cleared her throat. " Can I, uh, help you?" she offered, feeling a little nervous. ' Get more practice talking to others.' she added to her mental list.

Foresttrender smiled slightly, he'd been the timid one when he was a kit too. He lied down best he could inthe nursery and look at the kit on eye level now. "I was just thinking about visting with one of the kits, You weren't born yet but I've been a Shadowclan warrior almost all my life, I just left for a little while because I got hurt and was too embarrashed to show up at camp. Now that I'm back, and better I've been thinking about asking Tawny if I could mentor "

((pssst... it's a her))

The little she-kit looked up at the tom above her. He seemed tough, but she could almost sense a kindness about him. Maybe, just maybe, she could win him over.

'What's your name?' She whispered weakly

'Where are you taking me?'

She hoped it was towards a warm place with food and water. She saw a dark den looming up.

Turnkit shifted from paw to paw. " Mentor?" she asked, trying to squash a little flitter of hope that was growing inside of her.

[Darn I can't think of anything else to write.]

edit: [@Chic: yeah he's not checking. He's not a bear. I suppose he could figure it out by her voice though.]

Ninjablade muttered "Riverclan." through a mouth full of fur. He looked down at the pitiful furball and sighed. " I'm Ninjablade. You?"

Edited by Ladynightstalker101

Foresttrender nodded. "Would you like to be a apperentice? I could go talk to Tawny right after this if you want me to Turnkit. You're a bout six moons old correct? That's just perfect for being apperenticed. Foresttrender let a tone of warmth into his voice trying to give the kit something to look forword too, maybe draw her out of her shell.

Sparrowfeather sat outside the warriors den. Best get a good look, you won't be back for a while She thought licking a paw before glancing at the fresh-kill pile taking a vole she'd caught earlier in the day off. I'll tell Tawnysky later, Really I think Silverfur would like some help from another Queen, 7 kits none her own. I don't think I'd be able to manage... that.

Addermouth dropped another skinny bluejay on his catch in the forest, he'd washed the Thunderclan scent off him by rolling around in a patch of decaying cattails. Something he could blame on chasing the watervole. Working carefully to keep the catch in his mouth he headed back to camp.

(DP, on the ooc could you retype what Owlflare last said? I'm like too posts from Addermouth getting back to camp finally...)

'I...was called Shine by my mother...' She whimpered. She wondered in her head what was inside that den. They were by the entrance by now. She pricked up her thin, pitiful ears with a big effort.

" Was your mom a hippie?" came the sneer before he could stop himself. 'Nice.' he heard Nightwing chide him in his head.

Turnkit bit the inside of her lip. " Shouldn't you get to know me first?" she asked. Sometimes she saw tense relationships break apart. Perhaps one day she wanted to try it just to add to her databanks of information, but not now. For now she wanted to create happy memories. She didn't want her mentor to take her on, only to regret it.

Foresttrender wasn't surpised by her question. "Mentoring you would be a good way to know you Turnkit. You're alot.png like me at this age, I wasn't the most soical cat in the clan. I tended to stick to the shadows unnoticed and just watch the others learning that way. Sound like what you do Turnkit?

(editing later)

Onionfur saw his apprentice walk up to him, and ask him what they were doing. He figured they could see the territory a little bit, then go fishing. He explained it, and motioned that they were leaving. He led the way out of camp, and noticed a kit in the nursery he didn't remember seeing before. He'd investigate later.

[*laughs maniacally* alot.pngalot.pngalot.png I love you dragcaveforum. Other forums need to do that as well.]

Turnkit's tail swept back and forth lazily as she looked up to the sky. " Alright." she replied quietly.

[FFFFFFFFFF I'll get into her soon.]

'M..maybe' she stuttered, not knowing the right thing to say. 'She believed there were cats in the sky,' she giggled. 'I'm not so sure about that tale. She said that our ancestors were the cats in the sky.' She looked up at Ninjablade, hoping he wouldn't think she was some kind of lunatic.

Ninjablade continued walking until he heard the kit quiet down. He glanced down to see her staring at him. " I don't know. What are you asking me for?" he snorted. His thoughts drifted to Shadestar as he held back a shiver. " You ask those sort of questions to the spiritual ones like the medicine cat." he continued on before dropping her onto the ground unceremoniously. " There. Now scoot. Camp's that way." he said, pointing in the general direction of where the bustle of clan life could be heard.

Foresttrender nodded. Getting up he streched, his legs where still sore but there was nothing that could be done for that. I have to have Turnkit as my apperentice, she'll do great when she's older. Just have to ask Tawnysky before another warrior does. "I'm going to talk to Tawnkysky" He purred licking one of the kit's ears soothingly."Be back soon" With that Foresttrender left the nuresy

[GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY. What's with the infestation of dragons in your sig?!]

Turnkit froze as the raspy tongue ran along her ear. When the warrior left the nursery, she let out a shaky breath. She reached up to paw at her ear, and blushed when she realized she was purring. Perhaps this was what affection felt like? She pondered. She had observed it often enough around the camp. Slight touches or rubs that symbolized companionship and unity. She never understood the contagious glow that seemed to spread from such a contact, until now. If this was what it felt like to socialize with others, Turnkit was going to put all of her effort into doing so.

Edited by Ladynightstalker101

Heartpaw walked up behind Addermouth, who had pinned her sister down. "Well, you going to finish her yet or shall I?" She asked with a cold, dead stare.

-

Silverfur glanced around as she trotted out into the center of camp. "Strongpaw! Yewpaw!" She ran across the clearing to where the two apprentices were about to leave camp. "Do you know where Addermouth is? I was going to ask him if he'd like to go hunting." Yewpaw shook her head. "Last I saw he was leaving camp, I don't know where to though." Silverfur sighed. "Guess I'll just have to wait. You two go and have fun hunting." She flicked her daughter on the ears affectionately and went to get a mouse from the fresh-kill pile.

-

Yewpaw smiled at her mouther. "Alright." She called as her and Strongpaw dashed for the entrance of camp. "Let's catch some prey for the clan, but I wanna run, race you to the WindClan border!" And with that she took off running at full speed.

-

Strongpaw smiled as Yewpaw dashed away, and he took off after, stifling a mrow of laughter. She always made him laugh, wether she meant to or not. As they neared the border, Yewpaw skidded to a stop, but Strongpaw pounced on her, laughing. "Beat me to the border, but I beat you in the fight!" He said, still laughing.

-

"Get off me ya big furball!" Yewpaw meowed in a teasing voice. She shook the dirt from her pelt. "I smelled a mouse over there in the pines, but we're lucky if you didn't scare itinto it's burrow by now!" She dashed into the trees, moving quickly, but light on her feet so the mouse wouldn't feel her through the ground if it happened to be nearby.

-

Braveheart laughed as Songkit bombarded them with questions. "I'll answer you when we get back, but I was supposed to go patrol by the ShadowClan border, I'll see you to by sundown." He licked both his mate and his son on the ear before turning and trotting out of camp.

((bond and get Tawny's favorite prey at the same time, eh sorrow? X3))

(I'll work it in, though Adder's alreaedy bitten Mystic ;p He's out hunting maybe finds it then can't come back to camp techically if you want Silver to bond with him now cause Theymkit being well dead and all sense he hasn't found that out yet.)

Sparrowfeather looked over at Silverfur. She perked up, "I know where he is, saw him a little while ago when I was outside of camp hunting myself this morning, said something bout wanting to bring in a little more freshkill today sense the Loner Magpie is gonna be staying with us in camp. Why don't you go out and look for him? He has to be close to camp now ."

Hazelcloud looked up in surprise when Mothflight began to apologize. What in the name of StarClan had he to feel sorry for? They were just having a casual conversation, exchanging greetings, and the such . . . when he finished saying what he had to say and trailed off, pawing at his ear for some reason, it was all Hazelcloud could do not to snort. "Mothflight, you silly mouse-brain," she meowed lightly, teasing him. A moment later she felt stupid for doing that. Mothflight, even with his sense of humor, often took things way too seriously. She smiled at him to show that she was just joking around and hadn't meant anything by it.

"No need to apologize," Hazelcloud purred. "And yes, the kits are quite energetic. I can't wait for my first apprentice myself." She tilted her head to one side, watching the kits playing, scuffling in the dirt of the WindClan camp. "Silverstar should be holding a ceremony soon, don't you think? I'm not sure if I want to be a mentor or not. It sounds like fun, but that's a lot of responsibility I'm not sure I can handle."

[Mint next, then Lightnose.]

'Th...Thank you,' she stammered, remembering her mother teaching her to be polite. Then she toddled off towards where Ninjablade had pointed. 'Ow!' she said with every step on her injured leg. Eventually though, she stumbled into camp, and found a whole lot of cats staring at her. She didn't like staring, so she lowered her eyes.

Edited by Chicogal

[Remember, five sentences minimum per post. That's not just directed to you, Chicogal~ Can I call you Chico for short? And no need to bump a lot - RPs go through slow times often. Lightnose next~]

Mint stopped swimming forward and began to tread water, terrified that he would drown and pull Wolfkit down with him. "Stop struggling," he hissed through the thick fur of her scruff. "I can't swim with you thrashing around in my jaws. It's hard enough to swim at all in this river!" Mint paused to give Wolfkit a chance to speak while he began to swim forward again, listening.

"I don't know where Splashpaw is," Mint admitted sheepishly, voice still muffled by her fur. "Before I jumped in she was with you, but then I went under and couldn't see anything . . . when I came up again, I could only see you, and of course I had to save you." He had said too much - water ran into his mouth, and his heart skipped a beat, then thudded faster, as Wolfkit's scruff slipped slightly out of his mouth. He tried to get a better grip, but only resulted in his concentration breaking and both of them going under the murky water.

[Er... a little reminder of rules. Double posts are no-no's unless in art threads. Therefore, please delete that bump post. Yes, five sentences minimum per post. Chicogal [or Chico], note that you only have four sentences. Remind me... who else do I need to post with? I know I need to post as Jadeshine and Dovepaw...|D]

Jaystar looked over to see who was speaking and almost jumped into the air with surprise. “Oh. A patrol,” he stuttered, struggling to gather his words. “Of course. I’m sure it will be enjoyable. How about a border patrol, as they haven’t been checked for awhile now,” he said smoothly. Thank StarClan I didn’t start mumbling. I always do that when I have to talk when I’m nervous. “It’s been pretty calm, but you can never be sure. Besides, if we don’t mark them soon, the other Clans will think they can start taking our territory.” Am I talking too fast? He patted the ground uneasily, sending a little spray of sand into the air. "Sorry," he apologized, wondering if he had ever felt like this with Fernpath. Maybe. I remember when she was an apprentice and I was a newly-named warrior. "Alright, let's go." No more reminiscing. Fernpath was forever telling me to live in the present.

((light, i already had ghost answer song's questions:

"The other clans are different from us with with different prey and whatnot," Ghostwisp said in reply to his first question. "ThunderClan has squirrels and thrushes while ShadowClan also has those since they live on land that's woodsy like the first clan. RiverClan lives near marshes and they also have the same prey as ShadowClan and ThunderClan but they also have fish. As for why the different clans, well we're all rivals and we decided to live in different areas where we could all get some experience. It would be better if we were all one group but some cats can't stand others so it's easier this way." She wasn't really sure how she should reply to that question but she tried as best as she could. "They also have different scents," she continued about how the clans were different. "Rabbits are animals like squirrels and birds but they have fur and hop around. They're also our food or rather prey since we hunt for them and bring them back here to our home to eat like the other members."
))

Ghostwisp sighed and said before he left, "I already answered him and okay." She purred when he licked her ear before he left the nursery to go on a border patrol. After he was gone she laid her head down on her paws and went to sleep. She was tired and wanted to take a small nap. She was still glad that their son had opened his eyes and was speaking and how she felt would never change.

"A border patrol sounds good," Streampelt said in reply as her tail flicked a bit back and forth. She then nodded in agreement when she heard the rest of what he said and then her head tilted a bit to the side curiously when he patted the ground uneasily. Does he not feel comfortable around me enough to talk to me? she thought to herself sadly before she heard his last statement. "Okay," she said in reply and then got up and went to the camp entrance. When she got there, she looked over her shoulder once at him before continuing to walk towards the areas the borders to the other clans were.