superguy16

Warriors: Return to the forest

'Erm... Is this Riverclan?' She shouted out in a small voice. Shine could see lots of different cats in this.. camp? Camp was a new word for her. 'I should remember that,' she thought in her head. Her head swam as she remembered what had happened throughout the past hour... Being washed away by a river... Rescued by a tough, but underneath his pelt, kind, tom, being sent to this 'camp'.... She couldn't take it anymore. Her eyes rolled up into her head and fell to a dead faint in front of all the 'Riverclan' camp....

((hehe, I edited the other post...))

Lightnose was still staring after Coralpoint and started slightly when Leopardpelt appeared, trotting up to the medicine cat and dropping a bundle of herbs at Lightnose's feet. Lightnose dipped her head in response to the she-cat's first remark. "Wisepaw is a good young tom. He will make a very compassionate medicine cat, and he's very understanding," the old she-cat meowed lightly. Her dark eyes brightened and the corners of her mouth lifted at the thought of her shy but eager young apprentice.

A moment later the smile disappeared off of Lightnose's face as Leopardpelt told the medicine cat not to cure Coralpoint should he catch greencough this leaf-fall. The wise medicine cat caught the cold edge to the other she-cat's voice and her own eyes hardened until they reflected Leopardpelt's eyes, with their dark glint. "Don't worry, I have no good intentions toward Coralpoint," Lightnose meowed in a low, menacing voice. "I know his ways, that tom. He mates with she-cats as if killing prey, and couldn't care less about them afterwards."

Lightnose found herself leaning forward and relaxed, her eyes softening a little at the mention of Leopardpelt's kits. "Thank you for the herbs," the medicine cat purred. "It's nice to have some help. I don't think you should worry too much about Coralpoint - after all, he loves kits . . . especially when they're his own," she added darkly. "But still keep an eye on them." After Leopardpelt had disappeared in the direction of camp, Lightnose stayed standing there for a moment, lost in thought. Then she bounded off toward the same direction, herbs swinging from her jaws.

[if you want, Chic, your character can interact with Lightnose. she doesn't have much to do anyway. She can tell your character about how medicine cats work]

Edited by Stunningfire

Mothflight felt his heart sink when Hazelcloud called him a mouse-brain, though a moment later she smiled. He still hadn't recovered from the initial comment entirely, however, and his weak smile showed it. Hazelcloud began to speak about the kits, and he nodded in agreement to the statement that the kits were energetic, though he frowned when she stated that she was uncertain of her ability to handle the responsibility of an apprentice.

"Come on, Hazelcloud; you know you could handle an apprentice. You're a great warrior; you'd make a great mentor as well!" Mothflight purred, tail flicking. He wasn't lying, either; he was confident that Hazelcloud was capable of having an apprentice, probably more than he was. "Don't put yourself down..." Mothflight stated, then pausing; he didn't want to sound as if he were trying to convince her to want an apprentice, he was just trying to ensure her of her responsibility and reliability. A moment later, he added, "...But don't force yourself into something you don't want to do, either."

Edited by Team EG-X

Hazelcloud began to get worried when Mothflight smiled weakly in response to her mouse-brain comment. She had been right before when she thought that he took things too seriously, but she just dropped the thing before it got too awkward. After the slender female warrior had finished talking about her worries about mentorship, Mothflight responded in a purr that he was sure that she could handle the responsibilities. Hazelcloud blushed slightly, the red showing on her light cheeks, though her tail curled up in pleasure and her short whiskers twitched happily.

"Thanks, Mothflight," the WindClan she-cat purred. "You don't know how much that meant to me." She paused, surprised at herself. Why had that phrase come out of her mouth? It was as if his reassurances were more than just telling her that she would be okay when she had her first apprentice . . . it was as if she treasured his approval more than other cats. Pushing the somewhat embarrassing thought away, Hazelcloud continued talking.

"It's not as if I don't WANT an apprentice, see. But it doesn't seem like too long ago when I was an apprentice myself, and I'm sure that it will be really different being the mentor and having to teach a young cat instead of learning!" Hazelcloud paused, the tip of her tail twitching once in a while as she thought. "I'm afraid of changes, sometimes," she admitted in a low voice. Why is it that I always spill out my feelings and emotions when I'm around Mothflight? she thought afterward, frowning ever so slightly. I don't do that with any other cat.

Mothflight listened as Hazelcloud spoke, tail flicking when she stated she was afraid of change at times. The tom frowned for a moment before speaking. "Honestly, Hazelcloud..." he began, tail swaying from side to side, "I am too."

The tom looked up for a moment, as if lost in thought, and then sighed. "I don't like changes when things are already fine, that is. Sometimes I get complacent and satisfied with the current state of things, and am a bit afraid to change that," Mothflight frowned, though it soon became a smile. "But time has a way of changing everything, I guess. It'll push -- or drag-- us along anyways."

Mothflight purred in laughter, ears twitching in the breeze. He tended to enjoy talking with others from time to time, though he rarely spoke, and enjoyed speaking to Hazelcloud. Listening as well, and it seemed Hazelcloud didn't have any problem with Mothflight either. He gasped when the thought of the Gathering crossed his mind, pawing at the ground before beginning to speak. "I can't wait until the Gathering. If I go, that is... I like seeing all of the Clans there; there's seldom such unity; it tends to be an 'every Clan for themselves' lifestyle, though everyone acknowledges the importance of one another during gatherings, despite some rather unkind nicknames being passed around.

((yeah, I'd love it if Lightnose could interact with her!))

Shine blearily opened her eyes to see a blurred image. Cats were in this 'camp.' She felt weak - she was hungry, thirsty and tired. How could no-one have seen her by now? Was no-one going to help her? She looked behind for Ninjablade, but she had long passed out of where she would maybe be able to see him. 'Oh, my mother, help me!' She cried to the sky, believing now in the cats in the sky.

((people, this is my third post at the camp entrance! Someone please interact!))

Edited by Chicogal

[Kay. And please be patient; most people are doing other things =3]

Lightnose blinked in surprise as the camp entrance came into view and she saw an unfamiliar kit. It seemed to be mewling and crying out to the sky, but she was too far away to hear what it said. As Lightnose came closer, she could see that the kit was a female and terrified. Afraid of frightening the kit, the medicine cat came to a halt and set down the herbs at her feet. "Hello," she called softly. "My name is Lightnose, and I'm the medicine cat of RiverClan. How may I help you?"

[Er, sorry, what was Leafkit's history again? If she was a rogue, her name should be Leaf, not Leafkit. Did she come from another Clan? (So I can RP what Lightnose smells)]

[Nomnomnom I suppose I'll start with Sawkit a bit]

Sawkit lounged around wearily. For a kit he was extremely impassive and unmotivated. He enjoyed resting in relative solitude. Occasionaly a certain adventurous part of him would entice the kit to socialize with others, but this was a rare occasion. In fact, even when retracting his imaginary fortified boundaries, his gruff demeanor tended to offset others. Though young in age, his whiskers were bent and wiry like that of an elder cat. Paired with his wide blue eyes, they gave him an unsettling look that encouraged others to keep away. This was how Sawkit prefered it to be, he thought.

Thetapaw sniffed about in the forest. His mentor did not seem to want to take an active role in his studies, so he took it upon himself to obtain knowledge. Many a time he would secretly watch other warriors mentor their apprentices. Other times he spoke to the older warriors to better understand what it was that was expected of him. While lacking in the physical department, his mind was as versatile as ever.

Nightwing found that after her relationship with Ninjablade had improved, so did her clan life. Mundane chores were much more tolerable as she set goals to better herself, as Ninjablade had taught her. She had become a much more active member of Windclan, and delighted in long hunts where she would run down her prey. Nightwing loved the Windclan territory. Here, true power and speed were at the front lines. Though, intelligence also played a large part in survival in this wilderness. These challenging obstacles stimulated her mind and kept her agile and alert.

[sigmapaw]

While he found joy in spending time with Nightwing, Ninjablade could not help but remember the night he met Echospirit once more. It had ben a long time since the two last met. He had been much younger then. He pressed his paw to the ground, splaying out his toes. " Same size." he chuckled aloud to himself. Inevitably, thoughts of Echospirit led to thoughts of Shadestar and home. " Home." he scoffed. Even after all of these years, Riverclan did not feel like his base. Even though nightmares of blood and gore on the paved streets haunted his dreams, there was a subconscious desire to return to the concrete jungle. Of course, there would be no protection this time around. He realized now that he had simply been coat-tail riding on others such as his half sister and step father. However, he was fairly certain that if he were to return now, he would be able to hold his own.

Thunderstorm dropped off his sixth vole of the day at camp. Recently he had gone on a hunting streak, chasing prey after prey. Perhaps some residual guilt over nearly obliterating the fresh kill pile before was egging him on. Since that day, he hadn't seen much of Goldendawn or Tawnysky. Everyone was busy preparing for new leaf. Kits and apprentices galore littered the camp, and Thunderstorm couldn't help but wonder who would mentor all of these kits. Of course, in the end, it would all be worth it when Shadowclan would grow to be a mighty and glorious clan.

[Farp. Bad Thetapaw, don't insult your mentor! |D I'll post with everyone else later. So... I need to post with Jaystar and Hollyspirit. Oh, and Dovepaw. Remind me of anyone else. :3 Sorry I didn't get on at all during the day, guys.]

Jadeshine trotted over to Thetapaw. "Sorry about the wait," she apologized. She glanced at Spiritstar. "Spiritstar just wanted to ask me about some stuff and also request you learn tree-climbing and sky attacks in particular. You look like you'd be good at that." She smiled cheerfully. "Now, let's get into the forest. We can start by learning the borders and landmarks and maybe hunt along the way." Her eyes gleamed with excitement. "We'll probably want to get to a clearing and do some stalking first. Most likely mice and voles will be out there; birds will still be huddled up in their nests. You might get a squirrel or too." She thought for a minute, comparing the size of the spring squirrels to a new apprentice. "You might get squashed underneath the squirrel though. You're still so small; some of them are really big." I still remember being an apprentice. It was so long ago... times were hard, but I'm glad I survived and remember them for the skills I gained and the friends I made. "I'll race you down there for practice. There's a river when you turn left from the right and just sprint along it. Try not to trip." She grinned teasingly. "I'll give you a head start. Ready, set, go!"

((oops, sorry! lolz! I got confused with the other warriors RP... Her name is Shine! biggrin.gif))

Shine looked up at the female 'medicine' cat. Another new word. She was getting confused with all these words and names. 'My mother and sisters are.. dead...' She whimpered to the cat. 'The riverbank burst and they drowned. I figured out how to swim and made it... down there...' She weakly pointed with her nose to where the bush was, all the way down. 'I'm all alone in this world.'

Shine sat down. She was hungry, confused, sad and lost. 'Ninjablade brought me here.'

Edited by Chicogal

[sorry Holly, it's his personality ninja.gif I still laff you ♥ Also, perhaps:

1) You could get Turnkit in SC apprenticed? I think Foresttrender wanted to take her on

2) Should we have a little more NinjaxEcho? Also, who played Fallingsoul? We need him back in for Nightwing.]

Thetapaw threw a disinterested glance at his mentor and continued in the direction she had indicated at a leisurely pace. Really, racing? How immature did she think he was? He had enough of that sort of nonsense from Sigmapaw. He briefly wondered how her studies were going before waving off the thought. He had to concentrate. Knowledge was the key to everything.

[Oh you poor bookworm...]

[Lady, could you quote your last post as Sigmapaw please? Unless I posted last~ sorry ^^"]

Hazelcloud nodded in agreement. "Yup. Guess we can't fight with time - or destiny," she sighed almost wistfully. It didn't seem right since Mothflight purred right afterward, but she was thinking of how it had been her fate to grow up as the only kit in her litter. Her mother had given birth in a hard leaf-bare, and her two brothers were too weak to survive the night. She had been very young and was actually quite happy to have her mother all to herself. It had made her feel special.

But Hazelcloud had grown up never knowing the affections of litter-mates, and didn't know the joy of sharing her warrior ceremony with others. She had always been a little apart from the other apprentices, but she liked it that way and did have her friends: Mothflight, for example. The WindClan she-cat smiled at him, now. He was really nice, and funny . . . and he seemed sincerely happy to be speaking to her. It made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside, for some reason.

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Hazelcloud agreed with the Gathering remark. "It's nice to know that, while we're still four separate Clans with four separate and very different lives, we still live together, bound by the warrior code. And that makes us all equal." She nodded, her eyes thoughtful as the tip of her tail twitched. A faint smile was on her face. "Yes, there are insults, too," the gray-furred she-cat purred lightly. "But hey, what's Clan life without a little rivalry?"

[@TMD: What was my question again? o///o]

Sigmapaw excitedly followed behind Leafspots, bouncing on the pads of her paws. When they finally exited the camp, Sigmapaw looked around her with wonder. " Amazing..." she breathed in an uncharacteristic moment of silence. Bouncing back harder than ever, she began to race around Leafspots. " This is soooooooooo cool! It's huge! There's so much space to run! It's amazing! Where are we going? Oh can we explore before you teach me how to fight? Oh please please pretty please with a vole on top? "

[Lol. Who stole my cloudsong?]

[sorry, about the short post. I'm already bored of ranting with her x) Good news for Leafspots I guess.]

alot.png

[super ideaz! I'm excited to see if this works...]

Edited by Ladynightstalker101

[Thanks. Next post: Leafspots]

Lightnose looked at the kit with sympathy in her deep green eyes. "I'm sorry," she murmured, moving closer to rest her muzzle gently on the young cat's head, between her ears. "It's hard losing your family." Her eyes filled with pain as memories of her old litter-mates' deaths and her parents' deaths came to mind. The medicine cat shook her head slightly, clearing her head of all these painful thoughts, and focused on the task at hand. What to do with this young she-cat?

"I'm sorry," Lightnose meowed again, pulling away. She looked seriously, urgently, into the she-cat's eyes. "But you're safe here, in RiverClan. True, it's a hard season, but newleaf's getting closer all the time and we have strong warriors. Leopardpelt's the only queen in the nursery at the time" - she paused now, hesitating, trying to weigh her words carefully. The medicine cat knew that this young she-kit didn't understand Clan life just yet and probably didn't know what the nursery was.

"Um, Leopardpelt's the only she-cat in the Clan who's nursing or pregnant at the time, but I'm sure she'd take you in. There's always room for more." Lightnose smiled warmly, her twinkling green eyes kind. Then the kit mentioned Ninjablade, and the smile disappeared and was replaced with a frown. "Hmm, Ninjablade. Where is he now, I wonder?"

Ninjablade entered Riverclan camp with a sizeable trout clamped in his jaws. He couldn't remember the last time he had gone fishing. He wish he had so he would have remembered that he hated fishing. He hadlet his fur dry off before walking at a fast pace back to camp as the fish was beginning to smell. He half spat and half gagged the fish onto the fresh kill pile, then wrinkled his nose. "Not doing THAT again." he murmured to himself.

[There he is if you need him.]

[Lol... a vole on top]

Leafspots smiled at Sigmapaw's bewilderment. She remembered how she herself had felt her first time out of camp. Like her apprentice, her breath had been taken away by the sheer beauty and vastness of the ThunderClan territory. Of course, Leafspots probably shouldn't have gotten her hopes up, because then Sigmapaw began to race in circles around her, more excited than ever and, as always, talking a hundred miles per hour. She forced a smile, though - she'd have to get used to this. And, anyway, she admired her apprentice's enthusiasm.

"Of course we can explore," Leafspots purred when Sigmapaw finally paused in her talking. "We'll take the long way to the battle training area and I can show you the WindClan border." Her whiskers twitched as she remembered her first time seeing WindClan territory. "If you think our territory has a lot of space to run around, you should see WindClan's," Leafspots remarked, eyes twinkling. "It's HUGE. There aren't any trees or anything. WindClan cats are as fast as, well, the wind."

'Oh... That's very kind of you,' whimpered the little kit. 'But could I perhaps have something to eat? I haven't had anything for so long...' The kit saw Ninjablade. 'Look, there he is,' said the kit, her eyes lighting up. Then she looked back at Lightnose. so, do you think I could stay here?' She asked, with daring blue eyes staring at this medicine cat. She looked at Ninjablade, then said 'Excuse me, I'm just going to say thank you to Ninjablade!'

Shine scuttled over to Ninjablade. She looked at the tom with serious blue eyes. 'Ninjablade, it's me,' she chirped.

Edited by Chicogal

((my new char, kinda approved by Lady! biggrin.gif)

Reedkit walked outside the nursery. He walked with a spring in his step. The birds were singing, and the sun dappled the ground. He scurried over to the fresh kill pile to get a mouse to eat. He choose a small one, and began to gnaw. He hoped that some apprentices would come out soon, so that he could play with them. He was excited because he knew that sometime soon, he was going to be apprenticed!

((there, Lady, a place for you to come in if you want to, or anyone else biggrin.gif))

"Hi Reedkit," said Stormpaw. Today was a good day for him. It was sunny and made him smile. He was in the giving mood. "So, your six moons," he said with a smile. "I'm gonna be warrior soon too, i dunno but maybe it will be at the same ceremony. He had this kitish grin on his face. He was gonna be a warrior!

'Ooh, maybe Spiritstar will hold a clan meeting, and I'll be apprenticed and you'll be..' The kit thought for a moment... 'Warriored! That'd be so cool!' said the big kit. He raced in circles around the apprentice, then sat down. He realised he had just covered his mouse with dust. 'Oops...' He mewed, embarassed. He wanted to be the perfect apprentice. 'I can't wait to be an apprentice! It sounds so cool!' Reedkit purred. 'And after that, I'll be a warrior! I can't wait!' He jumped up, and raced around the camp once, before coming back. 'Sorry, had to get rid of my energy,' panted Reedkit.

((my purple didn't work properly.. I'm just gonna leave 'em black, I think))

Edited by Chicogal

Stormpaw laughed at the apprentice. "You remind me of me when i was a kit," he said. Stormpaw piked up the dirty mouse. "it's still good!" he said becoming his old self again. Stormpaw took a bite. "I told you," Edited by Laurarockstar

Ninjablade licked his muzzle in an attempt to get the fish taste out of his mouth when he heard a mewl from beside him. He looked to his left to come face to face with the kit he had met earlier. " It's you." he replied nonchalantly, then spotted a delectible morsel on the other side of the pile he was love to sink his teeth into...

Sawkit awoke grumpily to the sound of merriment near the nursery. He opened his right eye lazily to see a kit and an apprentice speak animatedly to each other. He groaned and shivered slightly when he realized he was resting in some shade. He dragged himself over to a patch of sunlight and settled down once more, purring as the sun's warm rays heated his pelt.

Sigmapaw gaped slightly. " Really? Wow! I want to meet a Windclan warrior! I want to see how fast they'd run! No trees? I wonder what that's like. I mean, what if it rains? How do they find their food? What kind of food do they eat? Oh! Tell me about the other clans! Don't tell me, Riverclan is near a river, right? Shadowclan... would that be like, a dense forest? That sounds spooky... Kind of creepy. I don't think I want to know. Don't tell me. Thetapaw will probably mad at me again if I keep him up all night, again, because of a nightmare. Last time I had a nightmare I dreamed I was all alone. It's normal to be scared of that, right? I mean, it's so much fun being with friends nd people, and you don't know what can get you if you're alone... Oh phooe! I'm scaring myself! Windclan and Riverclan! Tell me about them!"

'And it's you. Why do you have to be mean and hard? You barely even look at me... Well thank you for saving me,' The kit snapped. She was tired and hungry, and she had had enough of this tom being so rude. She stalked away with her tail in the air, but couldn't help letting a sob escape her. She didn't understand him. He was so mean, yet she had sensed kindness. It just didn't mean sense!

Reedkit:

'Wow!' Yelped the kit, then took a bite. He admired this older apprentice, and respected him. 'I wonder who could be my mentor... Any ideas?' mumbled the kit as he took a large bite. 'I hope it's someone cool!' He thought about all the different warriors. 'Actually, everyone is cool - I actually wouldn't mind who. Oh, look, Sawkit is out!' He yelped. He bounded over to Sawkit. 'Good morning Sawkit!' said Reedkit brightly. 'How are you today?'

Edited by Chicogal

Stompaw laughed again. ''Okay then," he said to himself. Stormpaw walked toward the apprentice den and sat down in his nest. He stretched out on the warm nest.

(sorry for the short post)

[Aw, way to go Shine! Don't let anyone bully you smile.gif]

Ninjablade glanced at the retreating kit. For a moment he felt somewhat bad... then his own conscience berated him and reminded him of his own past. He had no qualms about taking that tasty rodent he had singled out earlier. Thinking about his past brought his thoughts back to Echospirit...

Sawkit opened his right eye once more to see Reedkit had bounded over. " Tired." was his monotone answer. Actually, he was always tired. Suppose he needed some exercise. He stood up and stretched, letting out an almighty yawn. " You?" he replied to be polite.

[Ah, my loveable curmudgeonly Bo- I mean Sawkit]