Darth Krande

You're helplessly addicted to Dragon Cave if....

When you visit other webpages and start pressing F5 for no reason, then you remember you are not in Dragcave >.>

When you log out of other sites, you automatically think to yourself "You return your scroll to the pile."

That's been happening to me. >_>

When you constantly bombard your Facebook friends/Twitter followers/whatever other social media you use with links to your scroll/eggs/hatchies and use said sites to express your DC excitements and disappointments.

When playing other adoptable sites, you can't help but compare them to DC's sprites and try to figure the rarity of the adopts by likening them to DC's species.

You spend a half hour+ car ride trying to think of something to post here. xd.png

The first thing you ask your friend when he calls for the first time in months is "So, how's your Dragon Cave going?"

And then you yell at him to name his dragons for the majority of the conversation.

Edited by ab613

When you check on your scroll every two seconds to see if your eggs have hatched when you know they won't hatch for a while.. alot.png

When you check on your scroll every two seconds to see if your eggs have hatched when you know they won't hatch for a while.. alot.png

I do that...

When you continuously post your eggs and hatchlings to the same site to ensure that they have been added.

You are helplessly addicted to DC when you realize all your plans for the week are scheduled around your ND experiments ohmy.gif

I just came to this realization today...... I am so addicted

-When you read through all 5 pages of this...

-When you spend 90 percent of the time doing something DC related, 10 percent drawing dragons, and 0 percent sleeping/eating/homework.

-When you shout YEEEES!!!! at 4:00 am, waking the entire household because you got a CB Rare.

-When someone asks you for contact information, you give them your DC forums/DC username.

-When all your tabs are 99.9% DC related.

-When you post something here...

-When you get faster internet + better computer just for the sake of DC.

-When you get a pet for the sole purpose of someone to talk to about DC.

-When you see someones hair standing up and scan the room for a thunder dragon egg...

-When you click an electric dragon egg from the cave thinking it was a thunder, then rage because you are scroll locked for 5 hours.

-When you are guilty of all of the above.

You are helplessly addicted to DC when you realize all your plans for the week are scheduled around your ND experiments ohmy.gif

I just came to this realization today...... I am so addicted

OH MY. I'm impressed! Lol.

Also,

...when you can't sleep because you're sick, so you think "hey, now is the perfect time to catalog all of my dragons!"

...when you keep a dragon spreadsheet with separate columns for breed, name, sex, code, mates, refusals, children, and extra notes.

...when you can't stop poking that 0-view egg, just waiting for the moment it accepts its first click.

...when you pass the time during boring commutes by sketching charts of pretty lineage plans.

...when even your friends who have nothing to do with DC know enough about your addiction to ask how your dragons are doing.

...when it's not a work night, so you drag the laptop into bed with you to play DC until you collapse from sheer exhaustion.

...when you start having dreams about hunting for eggs in the Cave.

...and then, when you wake up and are SO RELIEVED to realize that you didn't actually kill/abandon/fail-bite that egg, after all!"

...when you find yourself accidentally reflex-f5-refreshing on other websites.

when you always have your scroll pulled up when online

When the first thing you do when returning to your pc is check your eggs and babies

When your friends ask why your so quiet and you reply " shh searching for an egg" then they say there she goes again

When you talk about your dragons so much your bf gets himself a scroll

When you get your bf addicted to dragon cave

OH MY. I'm impressed! Lol.

Also,

...when you can't sleep because you're sick, so you think "hey, now is the perfect time to catalog all of my dragons!"

...when you keep a dragon spreadsheet with separate columns for breed, name, sex, code, mates, refusals, children, and extra notes.

...when you can't stop poking that 0-view egg, just waiting for the moment it accepts its first click.

...when you pass the time during boring commutes by sketching charts of pretty lineage plans.

...when even your friends who have nothing to do with DC know enough about your addiction to ask how your dragons are doing.

...when it's not a work night, so you drag the laptop into bed with you to play DC until you collapse from sheer exhaustion.

...when you start having dreams about hunting for eggs in the Cave.

...and then, when you wake up and are SO RELIEVED to realize that you didn't actually kill/abandon/fail-bite that egg, after all!"

sad thing is I even scheduled a date friday around it /headdesk

and I have done almost all of these and the above ones

but this one,

...when you can't stop poking that 0-view egg, just waiting for the moment it accepts its first click.....

when I catch/breed an egg I plan on keeping or trading I must have that first click!

You are addicted when you put up an offer, you sit all day hitting refresh to see when the offer comes in

I did this...on Netflix. blink.gif

...when your dream about DC gives you inspiration for a dragon request...

This is what happened to my friend. xd.png It's weird enough that she dreamed about Dragon Cave, much less got an idea for a dragon! xd.png

-When you read through all 5 pages of this...

All 5 huh? How about reading 40+ pages in less than a day before the thread was wiped. Guilty xd.png

-

When you spend more than a half an hour breeding almost every single dragon on what you call "Breeding Day" which happens every 7 days. xd.png And then in between stalk the AP out of boredom.

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

when you see a dream at night that you're getting into TJ's Thuwed list xd.png

that was the dream I saw today's night lol. was sooo excited.

When the only reason you go to sleep is so that you can get on DC quicker, and have more energy to do stuff on it!

When the only reason you go to sleep is so that you can get on DC quicker, and have more energy to do stuff on it!

Guilty unsure.gif

When you get up at 2 o'clock in the morning to check on your eggs. Dedication.

~You stay up until 5am to catch new dragons and breed your adults.

~You check the forum and your scroll almost every 10 minutes of every day that you can get on a computer.

~You hold your breath when you are about to breed your rare/uncommon dragons out of fear that they will not reproduce.

~You scream in delight when you grab a really great egg from the caves.

~You kick yourself daily for missing out on the first holiday dragons because you forgot about Dragoncave.

~You kick yourself for miss clicking a common egg when you mix up its description.

~You kick yourself when you quickly pass through the biomes and fail to register a rare egg, and just know that you missed your chance.

~You run to a computer at the top of the hour and stay cruising the caves until 30 minutes later, then decide to go on the forums to wait it out for the next hour.

~There is not one day that you can remember not checking on your dragons.

~You postpone assignments that you should be working on because you're thinking of symptoms of Dragcave addictions.

I'm sure I missed out some other things wink.gif

Edit: ooo small typo

Edited by DeathCry

You're helplessly addicted to dragon cave when you hide your eggs in a cupboard, then run outside with them in exactly 7 days from when you bought them and run around chapping peoples doors to look at them in the hope it will turn ND.

When Dragon Cave is your homepage, forum and cave. And your setting look like this. Im guilty, these are my actual computer settings...

Edited by Sinister-by-Nature

Have a full schedule all over your workspace and desk for ND's, Breeding times, what to breed with who...

...oops, guilty.

If, you got all the easter eggs on the first day.

..When you see that it's x:58 and you know you can't make it,

..When you read through all 5+ pages of this thread

...and some of these seem oddly familiar.

..When you've been called on the cops for shouting at 3:00 in the morning... twice.