Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

they DID take their time with WotLk O_o

ICC was out for 364 DAYS.

Yes. people were laughing about it. Blizzard released cata exactly one day before ICC would have been out for a year.

Why oh why do they have to tease us with a series of quests at low levels that get you emotional over one of the key characters (or is that just me) then cut off the series of quests until you're level 85? I just finished what I could of the series of quests that set up the story for the Troll city/dungeon in Stranglethorn Vale, and was/am upset that I have to wait 'til I reach Level 85 to save that little Lashtail Hatchling. I'm currently only Level 31.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

They hinted at some things that happened in Cata back in vanilla. Tying things in from low level to level 85 makes things streamlined.

True, but making us wait that long really stinks. Oh well. I'll just have to get Cataclysm, reach Level 85, then see if I can get into the dungeon to save her.

Random buffs? They're most likely just being helpful. When I do that I don't really expect people to say thanks, and half the time I do it and then bolt like a ninja. Like I'll buff people from the bushes or something and fly away. :B

If they stick around and heal you or help you kill things after you've tagged them, then I'd strike up some conversation (or if it's someone of the other faction helping you kill stuff because they can't buff/heal you, just use some emotes like /wave, /ty, /bow, etc.) just to be friendly.

Ahhh so that's what they are called, thanks! I don't know any of the WoW lingo, so half the time I don't understand what people are saying heh.

I usually try to thank them when they do that. I thought if you finished off an enemy that another character was killing it would be like stealing their kill, so I tried not to do that. I only ever helped out if they looked like they were about to die.

Ahhh so that's what they are called, thanks! I don't know any of the WoW lingo, so half the time I don't understand what people are saying heh.

I usually try to thank them when they do that. I thought if you finished off an enemy that another character was killing it would be like stealing their kill, so I tried not to do that. I only ever helped out if they looked like they were about to die.

whoever attacks it first, "tagging" it, will get the experience and loot for the kill. Though if the level of the helper is lots higher than the one being helped, the experience is cut to almost nothing.

I'm leveling a shaman now. It's so very fun, even though I feel oh so squishy as Elemental. XD

I'm still trying to figure out what race I want my DK to be. Zach keeps telling me to make it a Horde race, but.. I want her Draenei. Harrumph.

whoever attacks it first, "tagging" it, will get the experience and loot for the kill. Though if the level of the helper is lots higher than the one being helped, the experience is cut to almost nothing.

Only if you're grouped.

I've tried this. Say I'm not in a party and I'm running around on a new baby toon. If I accidentally tab onto an elite and whack it, I can conceivably run around like a headless chicken until an 85 comes along and vaporizes it. It will count as if I killed it solo.

That's how I leveled my rogue early on, in fact. My level 80 buddies ran around without grouping with me and killed things for me that would have ordinarily been way out of my league. All I really did was run around and shoot things with my bow so I'd have the tag.

Edited by Lythiaren

Only if you're grouped.

I've tried this. Say I'm not in a party and I'm running around on a new baby toon. If I accidentally tab onto an elite and whack it, I can conceivably run around like a headless chicken until an 85 comes along and vaporizes it. It will count as if I killed it solo.

That's how I leveled my rogue early on, in fact. My level 80 buddies ran around without grouping with me and killed things for me that would have ordinarily been way out of my league. All I really did was run around and shoot things with my bow so I'd have the tag.

oh?

because I've been killing something on a low level alt, had an 85 come along and one shot it, and gotten 14 experience for something that would have otherwise given me several hundred.

Unless it changed in Cata without being noted in patch notes, you must've bugged. Because I very distinctly remember getting some 2-3k exp from doing exactly that to the elite abominations in Ghostlands.

Jesus.

My mage with 2.06% hit chance (arcane.) at level 70, just killed Vyragosa (The level 80 rare in stormpeaks.)

If you don't believe me, go look up Fria under Alleria and look at my achieves on the armory.. or something..

She dropped a bag with like .. 15g and 20 frostweave... then some leather helm. biggrin.gif 60k XP is nice. Died like 2 times .. of course had to pop CD's multiple times and almost died when I killed her.. (stupid low hit.)

Don't remind me of that godforsaken dragon. I killed her 27 times looking for her puke-yellow cousin. T_T

I'm collecting mounts and vanity pets now biggrin.gif.

I only have one of each, and haven't really started looking for more than what I have yet. The only ones I have so far are my Felsteed and the Razormaw Hatchling that my friend gave to me.

Don't remind me of that godforsaken dragon. I killed her 27 times looking for her puke-yellow cousin. T_T

Sounds like the time I had to fight that one sword-wielding Ghoul in the Raven Hill Graveyard several times while looking for that god-forsaken Lich (who quite literally happened to be right underneath my feet). *headdesk*

Nah, Vyragosa is a rare spawn, so most of the time she isn't there. What I was doing at the time was mount hunting. There's an even rarer dragon, the Time-Lost Proto-Drake, that has a 1/16 chance of spawning in her place, who drops himself as a mount. At the time they would spawn a bare minimum of 5:55 after the last time one of them died, in one of four places around the zone. Most of the time, the next spawn would come as late as 8 hours or more. On average, there was supposed to be one TLPD spawn a week.

It took me three months. Three soul-crushing months that took a really nasty toll on my personal health. I know one person who did a lot of research on them. Once while he was helping someone get it, they got 25 straight days of Vyragosa when they had someone on every possible spawn point 24/7.

Nowadays their minimum spawn timer is about 45 minutes. TLPD hunters these days have it pretty easy in comparison. They don't even have to worry about people running into it while levelling, because most people just level to 80 with the cake instances. tongue.gif

Edited by Lythiaren

It took me three months. Three soul-crushing months that took a really nasty toll on my personal health. I know one person who did a lot of research on them. Once while he was helping someone get it, they got 25 straight days of Vyragosa when they had someone on every possible spawn point 24/7.

wow, haha i would have just given up.

Man, Zach's been looking for the Time-Lost Proto for over a year.. not constantly, mind you. But dang. D: One time while flying around Northrend on his hunter, he didn't find the Time-Lost but he DID find the spirit beast he had been searching for. The ghosty leopard one? YEAH. He was soooo excited when he found it.

I only look around for the rare mount mobs whenever I'm passing by those specific areas. I don't want to turn into what I've turned into on my Pokemon games. ;w; Constantly searching and breeding for shinies.. doing nothing else but that..

Deepholm would be a nightmare for you then. >>

Jadefang isn't hard to get if the right daily is up though. Get yourself a tiny shale spider. And if it helps, my fellow mounthunter friend ran into Aeonaxx by chance while she was going to check for the Pebble daily. Mine also hung around for some 3-4 minutes before I jumped on his back. c:

Hurraayy! I'm level 29 and I finally became exalted with darnassus. So I bought all 4 kitties as mounts. I just hate elekks so much, I can't fit anywhere. I probably wouldn't have picked draenei if I had known their standard mounts were elekks.

Question: what are guilds for? I keep getting invited into them but I just decline because I'm not really sure what they do.

Edited by Syaoransbear

guilds are basically groups of people to talk to an group with. you get some minor perks for being in a guild.

Grats on becoming exalted! ^w^ On my Belf I'm only exalted with Orgrimmar. I don't even really like the wolves. I want to be exalted with Undercity and Darkspear. I freaking LOVE the skeletal horses and raptors.

I'm super close to being exalted with Darnassus on my Worgen. So. Very. Close.

I'm at level 48 now (four days off in a row have helped me to raise my level), but I'm not even exalted in Stormwind yet, let alone anywhere else, and all I have right now are the two demon horses that Warlocks learn to summon though their trainers (though I do have a Magic Broom from the Hallows End event).

"Only" level 29 and you're exalted with a race that isn't your own... I wasn't exalted with any of the home cities until sometime after I hit 80. But I guess that's because it was before the rep tabards. >>

But YES omg I hate being a tall race specifically because no one ever makes their doors tall enough. If you think draenei are bad with their chubby elephants... try being a tauren on a kodo. I'm taller than a male drae and my racial mount is a gigantic lumpy lizard. Undercity has itty bitty doors, the smallest of which are at the top of an elevator shaft.

An elevator that goes down far enough to kill you if you fall down it. After, say, getting stuck in the doorway because you're too tall to fit.

Related: I love flight form.

Edited by Lythiaren