Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

I would play the official servers.

Honestly if you're making your own money and can pay for it yourself, your mom doesn't even have to know...maybe that isn't very responsible advice, but it's sort of a stupid rule.

My parents did that until I could pay for it myself, at which point they were all "/shrug if you want to waste your money..." and I was like, "yes, yes I do want to waste my own money".

O_o

Medivh is full?

Thanks for that, I'm not gonna log off....

You also have community on an privat server, not as much as on the offi but my problem is that my friends playing on the privat server and I know they won`t follow me to the offi.

I'd go for the official WoW as well.

First off, private servers for any MMO do not last nearly as long as the game itself. Your server may be fine for now, but as people join and the server is stressed, the harder it will be for the admins to keep it running. Funding issues led to the demise of no less than five private servers for a different MMO I used to play (and I have a feeling it's the same one Mella's talking about), and I just couldn't keep moving like that. WoW is even more stressful on a server machine because on the official servers, each realm is held up by at least six machines (at least one each for Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm, and instances, also battlegroups for cross-realm LFD and PvP). A private machine can only handle so much.

Secondly, if you love something you should support it. You said you've been playing for three years; those three years have been spent technically stealing from Blizzard instead of paying them to develop new, innovative content. Those of us who love the game and want to see it continued will give them money so they keep it going. I understand you weren't allowed initially, but if it's your money and you can afford to, you're allowed to spend it however you want.

Edited by Lythiaren

OMG OMG OMG OMG

wasn't able to get server first because of an instance glitch which stopped me from getting ANY xp for the first BRC run I did... including EVERY quest.

Am now spending time flitting around in instances. Deepholm is PRETTY. Vashj'ir is PRETTY.

Just leveled my Gobby to lv 11. @w@ ALMOST DONE WITH THE GOBLIN ZONE. FINALLY.

Soon I will be ripping out the still-beating heart of my ex-gobfriend. Soooooon. Bwahahahahahaha.

I'd go for the official WoW as well.

First off, private servers for any MMO do not last nearly as long as the game itself.  Your server may be fine for now, but as people join and the server is stressed, the harder it will be for the admins to keep it running.  Funding issues led to the demise of no less than five private servers for a different MMO I used to play (and I have a feeling it's the same one Mella's talking about), and I just couldn't keep moving like that.  WoW is even more stressful on a server machine because on the official servers, each realm is held up by at least six machines (at least one each for Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm, and instances, also battlegroups for cross-realm LFD and PvP). A private machine can only handle so much.

Secondly, if you love something you should support it.  You said you've been playing for three years; those three years have been spent technically stealing from Blizzard instead of paying them to develop new, innovative content.  Those of us who love the game and want to see it continued will give them money so they keep it going.  I understand you weren't allowed initially, but if it's your money and you can afford to, you're allowed to spend it however you want.

You are right (and all the others too). I love the game but I only got my own money since a month now, bevore that I could`t pay blizzard because I had to less money for the game.

But I have a question, if you can`t play for an half year or a year will your chars be deleted or will the stay on the server forever?

Oh and an player on an european server was already lvl 85 after 6 hours where cataclysm came out. First lvl 85 char

Edited by Shajana

You are right (and all the others too). I love the game but I only got my own money since a month now, bevore that I could`t pay blizzard because I had to less money for the game.

But I have a question, if you can`t play for an half year or a year will your chars be deleted or will the stay on the server forever?

Oh and an player on an european server was already lvl 85 after 6 hours where cataclysm came out. First lvl 85 char

they will stay on the server forever.

Ok thank you for the answer, I know that on the private server you can`t make a break from a half year because your chars will be deleted.

yeah i was questing cause i'm about a bar from 77

and on the chat menu it said so and so was the first 85 hunter on our realm

i level slow T__T and i got flooded with work the past two days, i had hoped they would be done by yesterday morning but then my program which was working earlier decided that it didn't want to compile after i tried to make the output pretty

i accidently deleted a set of << in the cout

my friends were playing it at midnight - 9 went to school, came home and fell asleep and they couldn't drive over till after 6 to drop off my cataclsym but i'm not 80 yet and i was busy with school .__.

Edited by darkshadow5392

The first 85 on our server was a Mage. .w. The last class to get to 85 was.. Shaman I think. INTERESTING.

I am lvl 85

Congrads for that!

I will make the 10 days where I can play for free on the offi, when it really makes fun I will buy an gamecard, the Wow games are orginal at home, so I don`t have to buy them. smile.gif

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAY<3

I looked at my /played after hitting lvl 85. I was at 144 days and something before cata. Now I'm at 144 days, 19 hours.

The server first mage did it in 20. If I had not given up I could have got the achieve.

Seems that getting to 85 from 80 is a wee bit.. quick.

Someone on my server has already gotten the first Grand Master! Archeology achievement. O_O And I heard Archeology takes FOREVER.

22 hours of game time, with fastest flying, apparently. I've been leveling it for a while, and the lack of epic flying is definitely hurting me. tongue.gif

my priest is 83 right now. sitting in my sever queue to logic. x_x

One guy in my guild got server first cooking, first aid, and engineering. A mage and a priest got server first 85s.

Ha.Ha.Ha.

Two bars in to 84. Our first server 85 was a DK.

I'm already capped in herbalism, and I just need to get to T. Highlands to finish my alc.

I started out really liking Uldum, but now I'm getting a little tired of all the sand.

I'm not entirely sure, but every NPC is still there, so I don't see why they wouldn't. A blue poster said the only companion pet to be made unavailable was the ZG raptor, and the resilient little guy found another home anyways.