Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

I think I'm worse. I keep Recount open, but I don't have Omen installed. >_>

I don't THINK it's been sped up, after factoring in Fast Track 2... It may just be because I'm having so much more fun leveling my hunter alt (ETA: That it's seeming to go faster, that is). I don't want to go to HFP at 60 D:

I don't think I've been to a single zone so far on my 33 hunter that I have disliked. Even STV was slightly fun, I have a huge bias against the area. I actually can't wait till I get to another one of my formerly hated areas, Tanaris, so I can see what's changed. That, and the goblin engineering trainer is there...

Edited by Rendivaunci

I think I'm worse. I keep Recount open, but I don't have Omen installed. >_>

I don't THINK it's been sped up, after factoring in Fast Track 2... It may just be because I'm having so much more fun leveling my hunter alt (ETA: That it's seeming to go faster, that is). I don't want to go to HFP at 60 D:

I don't think I've been to a single zone so far on my 33 hunter that I have disliked. Even STV was slightly fun, I have a huge bias against the area. I actually can't wait till I get to another one of my formerly hated areas, Tanaris, so I can see what's changed. That, and the goblin engineering trainer is there...

but we need your shaman geared......

Yeah I'm not even in a guild on my Warrior, so I have no clue what Fast Track is like (I spend literally no time in cities because there's a warrior trainer in Lor'danel and it's much easier to fly to there than Darnassus)

I actually haven't had much trouble with pugs in cata, although I've only done two dungeons and they were probably low enough level that most people were alts..

On a related note, it's so much fun leaving the group in Scarlet Monastery, getting teleported back to Theramore and realising that you still have quests to hand in in Tirisfal Glades.. guess I'll be going back to the armoury then!

Edited by Slim12

Now I play on the offi (I have an Dreanei hunter with the name Nyxia).

I have a question, on an PVP server are there much inis too or do they play most of the time pvp there?

And what do you think about the RP server? I think it sounds really interesting to play there.

Why do people still think that hybrid classes are supposed to be doing less dps than a pure dps class, if they spent the same amount of time working on their dps specs?

Why do people still think that hybrid classes are supposed to be doing less dps than a pure dps class, if they spent the same amount of time working on their dps specs?

If a pure DPS class doesn't do enough DPS, that's it for them. They can't offtank or heal. They're out. Mages, locks, hunters and mages will never be anything but DPS so they're supposedly given priority when it comes to the DPS stuff so they don't become useless.

the people who are stunned when Razi outdpses them as elemental

I'm pro, you know it.

Actually, on a stand still fight, and assuming all raid buffs, elemental is simming highest dps of all classes. But we don't preform that way because of fight mechanics. So no nerf bat inc soon! Sadly it's on the way for surv hunters... Lucky for Layn, mages will probably be buffed soon, so maybe I won't out-dps her so bad.

*spends too much time reading Blue posts and EJ*

Edited by Rendivaunci

If a pure DPS class doesn't do enough DPS, that's it for them. They can't offtank or heal. They're out. Mages, locks, hunters and mages will never be anything but DPS so they're supposedly given priority when it comes to the DPS stuff so they don't become useless.

That's not what I meant. I mean that if, say, a druid or a paladin does more dps than a hunter or mage, then obviously the hunter or mage is bad because their class is made purely for dps while paladins and druids aren't. Just on a scale of how many numbers they're pushing out.

Unless I misread your comment.

Like, the other day, a boomkin in my guild did more dps than I did. So he's like "HURRr why are you so bad you're a hunter you're supposed to do more dps than I do." (Because Starfall on Magmaw is hard)

I'm like 99% sure that they made hybrid dps potential equal to pure dps potential a long time ago.

I'm also 99% sure that that boomkin was serious.

Does anyone else think an all-druid guild would be PURE EPIC?

they would have incredibly limited crowd control.....

they would have incredibly limited crowd control.....

BUT THEY'RE DRUIDS!

That's not what I meant. I mean that if, say, a druid or a paladin does more dps than a hunter or mage, then obviously the hunter or mage is bad because their class is made purely for dps while paladins and druids aren't. Just on a scale of how many numbers they're pushing out.

Unless I misread your comment.

Like, the other day, a boomkin in my guild did more dps than I did. So he's like "HURRr why are you so bad you're a hunter you're supposed to do more dps than I do." (Because Starfall on Magmaw is hard)

I'm like 99% sure that they made hybrid dps potential equal to pure dps potential a long time ago.

I'm also 99% sure that that boomkin was serious.

I'm 100% sure the blues said outright that they designed pure DPS classes to push more damage. We hybrid classes trade off our damage output for the hybrid utility, like picking up heals or emergency tanking. While we wouldn't be great when we switch roles on the fly, suddenly having your kitty turn bear when the OT drops, or having a moonkin dropping form to throw heals when another healer is starting to run low on mana can make the difference between a wipe and a kill. Given two players of equal skill in equal gear, the mage will melt faces faster than the shadow priest.

If hybrids were the best at everything, everyone would be a druid. That's why I don't mind feeling nerfed this expansion, I've been OP for most of Wrath. If I had a gold for every time I was asked to pick up the bugs on KT or peel Tenebron off the tank at 30%... :x

Edited by Lythiaren

I'm 100% sure the blues said outright that they designed pure DPS classes to push more damage.

Enough that someone should be a dick about a pure dps class doing 500ish dps less than a hybrid class?

:V And also, in this situation they didn't do anything like healing and things that would sacrifice their dps.

500ish dps?

That's like nothing now. You tell the moonkin to go climb a wall of dicks. What spec are you? If you're not survival spec, point out to him that the blues said that marks and BM hunters aren't as high as they're supposed to be.

Edited by Lythiaren

I am surv, but I had to spend more time doing awesome hunter things to keep people alive rather than paying attention to dps.

Like, I'm pretty sure starfall requires a lot of paying attention and stuff but us hunters, we're cool. It also appears to me that hunter dps drops more than other class's dps on movement fights. Either that or every hunter I've met is awful and all the other classes aren't.

ANYWAYS it was one fight, honestly, so I probably -should- tell him to climb a wall of dicks. Apparently not many other people like him because he's a pompous donkey. IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT.

Edited by Happyface

Say it to him next time he pulls that crap. Everyone else will then laugh while he sputters and you gain +5 popularity points. xd.png

Edited by Lythiaren

Say it to him next time he pulls that crap.  Everyone else will then laugh while he sputters and you gain +5 popularity points. xd.png

I already became a little bit too exalted with an officer in my guild. D:

He plays farmville with my mom, seriously.

Edited by Happyface

just tamed a dragonhawk and named it after a guildie. Getting google one for the same purpose.

user posted image

guildie being glomped by dragonhawks

Edited by Layn

Yesterday I was wondering how I come to Darkshore. I stand 10 minutes on an Ship where I thought it will bring me to darkshore, I was wondering why all the other ships go away but not mine.

Oh man they new world is confusing me a little bit xd.png

Later I found the Flight Master and he takes me to Darkshore, I only know the old Azeroth. wub.gif

Sadly since the new cata release I've become re-addicted. If for nothing else for the new spirit beasts to tame on my hunter. I must have that "gotta catch 'em all" mindsets when it comes to new rare pets to tame. Just got myself the new ghost wolf Karoma and the new lion Sambas along with the fire turtle Terrorpene and ghost spirit crab Ghostcrawler. I swear I think that is the only reason I play this game . . . .

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Kesson

Rendi's warrior is glitched so that it appears to be online when you view guild roster, but not online when you try to whisper it. If Rendi could log on another char, that might fix it.,...

Sadly since the new cata release I've become re-addicted. If for nothing else for the new spirit beasts to tame on my hunter. I must have that "gotta catch 'em all" mindsets when it comes to new rare pets to tame. Just got myself the new ghost wolf Karoma and the new lion Sambas along with the fire turtle Terrorpene and ghost spirit crab Ghostcrawler. I swear I think that is the only reason I play this game . . . .

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Sexyyyyyy.

I am so oober jealous ;-;