Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

W-what? Ghostlands? Faster than the Barrens?

DUDE I HATE THE GHOSTLANDS. My Belf practically imploded there, I had to get to the Barrens just so I wouldn't go mad. ;__;

But maybe it's just because I feel claustrophobic in the forests and I run from everything when they come after me when I least suspect it jhgjhg.

...Red? I saw OW BRIGHT ORANGE IS BRIGHT CAN I LEAVE NOW BARRENS DOESN'T HURT MY EYES.

I had a similar experience in Tanaris, only it was blinding white. You know it sucks when you would rather be in the Barrens. >.o;

That's why all my new, non-DK cows level through Mulgore and then head straight to Ghostlands. It's boring, but it's many times faster than the Barrens. I levelled two druids through that entire zone, NEVER AGAIN.

Red, orange, either way it's blinding and ugly D=

I don't particularly care for the barrens...I tend to prefer the ghosty/undead type places and the lush/NE type places, personally. I actually do like Westfall, for some reason.

Ghostlands is blue, which makes it infinitely better than any other zone of it's level.

I like the colors of the Ghostlands, yes, it's easy on the eyes.

But I do not prefer to be killing undead and spiders and the like. Especially at night, where I do most of my questing. I get freaked out easier at night and I get overexcited and it's not pretty. :c Nope, not at all.

Plus, the Barrens is based off of Africa. I love the wildlife there, yes-sirree-bob.

Blargh, I hate it when they run at the last second. :|

It's like, you're gonna die anyway, WHY TRY AND RUN?

Goodness, silly monsters and such.

Many people like MMOs, and WoW simply offers much more and much better services compared to others. People enjoy it quite a lot, after all.

I'm not fond of such games, though, so I don't have any interest in WoW myself.

Well, a lot of people like various video games. Why does anyone like Halo, Final Fantasy, or even pokemon so much? Just different preferences. And people play it for different reasons, as well.

I like WoW because you actually interact with real live people in a lot of different ways (groups, PvP, faction-relations, guilds, raids, instances, etc).

I also am really picky about the type pf creatures I like to play, and the graphics I am willing to subject myself to. For instance, a game where one can ONLY play as a human holds no interest for me, and a game with shoddy/"older" graphics makes me want to stab my eyes out (I'm looking at you, Diablo).

Also, people tend to play certain games if they know people in real life who play the same game, and since WoW has such a huge player base, it's quite likely that most people know a few people who play/have played/recommend it.

(well, I'm going to be late for class, so I can't really keep typing here >_< )

Edited by FireAngel73

Back to the level 20ish zones... xd.png

I actually pinpointed the reason I hate the Barrens so much. It's not the droprates or the spawn rates, I'm patient enough to just stick it out. It's not Barrens Chat either; like Trade, it can be turned off. It's not the ridiculously long leashes on the centaurs or their pets, it's not even the fact that I still can't find the Harvester.

It's the setup. The Barrens is huge and (most importantly) tall, and all of the graveyards are in the southern half of the zone. All of the lower-level Barrens quests are in the northern half, which means that if I die at the harpies or sludge fen or something, I have to hoof it from Crossroads across HALF THE FREAKING ZONE. It also doesn't help that the quests that go far north are chains where you turn in each one back at Crossroads or Ratchet or whatever. Camp Taurajo is closer to its associated quests, but you don't get to quest there until you're mounted so the benefit is lessened. The first half of the zone is entirely on foot.

Edited by Lythiaren

I actually pinpointed the reason I hate the Barrens so much. It's not the droprates or the spawn rates, I'm patient enough to just stick it out. It's not Barrens Chat either; like Trade, it can be turned off. It's not the ridiculously long leashes on the centaurs or their pets, it's not even the fact that I still can't find the Harvester.

It's the setup. The Barrens is huge and (most importantly) tall, and all of the graveyards are in the southern half of the zone. All of the lower-level Barrens quests are in the northern half, which means that if I die at the harpies or sludge fen or something, I have to hoof it from Crossroads across HALF THE FREAKING ZONE. It also doesn't help that the quests that go far north are chains where you turn in each one back at Crossroads or Ratchet or whatever. Camp Taurajo is closer to its associated quests, but you don't get to quest there until you're mounted so the benefit is lessened. The first half of the zone is entirely on foot.

Exactly this.

On top of the hideous color (I'm sorry, if a place has one color I'm not into it), it's this ridiculous back and forth across almost the whole place practically the whole time you're there.

Well.. wait, what? There is a graveyard right next to the harpy place.. and there is a graveyard in the Crossroads too, and one near the bridge where you cross from Durotar to the Barrens. There's one or two more in the northern/middle part of the Barrens, but I forgot where they are.

And I'm at Camp Taurajo at lv 16 and kicking those freakin' creatures' butts. I need no mount to kill them! Of course, I'm only doing one at a time, and I have to restore my health and mana in between, but that doesn't hold me back that much. It helps in leveling, beating up monsters that are 3 to 6 levels above you.

..yeah, the Barrens is my main lv 10 - 23 grinding zone, for all my Horde characters. :B

Well, they've added within the past few months, but I haven't played in the barrens for like, a year, so I never got to experience more than two graveyards for the whole zone

Well, that stinks. I would be rather irritable too if I saw that there was only 2 graveyards. :|

The spawning still sucks. I had to wait FOREVER for the harpies to spawn, much longer than I'd like. And of course they would spawn back when I went deeper into the harpy place and got myself killed by a.. silver elite harpy? Rare harpy? Ehhh. It was most annoying.

But, I have a soft spot for the place. The monsters give a tolerable amount of experience over all, based on your level and what you're fighting of course.

Wait till your in Northrend and mid 70's and are flying through Crystalsong Forest...pink? How about INSANELY BRIGHT GLOWING TREES!! @_@ At least the music is pretty...

Not just insanely bright and glowy, they are also splintery floating trees! xd.png

Also:

user posted image

Pora has no life k

Edited by Lythiaren

My boyfriend just got a Bronze Drake.

I told him to get a blue one and a green one. He was like "WTH DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THOSE ARE TO GET!?"

But he's going to get the blue one.. sooner or later..

It's just a matter of time. Bwahaha.

The new system blizzard put in makes me sad.

I just started gearing my druid last night as a boomkin and so I have some greens and blues.

But it won't let me roll need on cloth.

I asked a group if they could pass on a cloth piece if they didn't need it because of that reason, and the healer was a total dick about. The tank and I left.

|:

Why wouldn't it let you roll need on cloth? o.O;

From my understanding, it won't let you if it's not your primary armor type.

Hubby has this problem on his holy pally. Oftentimes he finds better healer gear in non-plate, and has a tough time getting it.

x_X That's... pretty odd.

... Wait, green drake? o_O

--oh. Green proto. :B

--OH. Now I remember why I was posting. Am I the only one who thinks it would be awesome if entire raids flew up to the Deathwing Raid in the next expansion... on black/twilight drakes? >>

Edited by Lythiaren

Yeah, I've heard the limitation on gear makes things hard when one has a brand new 80.

Edited by FireAngel73