Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

Yeah, I've heard the limitation on gear makes things hard when one has a brand new 80.

It can be difficult, but honestly you'll be pugging heroics, and a lot of that gear isn't as good as the badge gear anyway. I'm sure it'll be a pain once I get my pally up there, but meh, I'll deal.

Who here raids? I wanna compare notes on ICC

Edit:

I has green proto biggrin.gif

and my boyfriend just earned his red one

Edited by airaani

What about ICC?

I still laugh at Putricide. >>

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE. I'VE FIXED THE POISON SLIME PIPES.

Edited by Lythiaren

Ooh do you raid Lyth? What server?

Yeah Putricide's commentary is awesome.

I'm on a lower-end server, but 2nd or 3rd best guild on that server...we have Rotface and Festergut down, and the Blood Prince Council, but not Putricide or the Blood Queen. How bout you?

I have archavon down if anyone really cares biggrin.gif

I'm always tempted to raid, but I'm quite bad at the game tongue.gif

Only Ghostcrawler is allowed to call it a rouge.

Congratulations, your character is a red. tongue.gif

Ooh do you raid Lyth? What server?

Yeah Putricide's commentary is awesome.

I'm on a lower-end server, but 2nd or 3rd best guild on that server...we have Rotface and Festergut down, and the Blood Prince Council, but not Putricide or the Blood Queen. How bout you?

Kirin Tor. I raid in the top Hordeside guild... we're about the same as you guys, we ran out of attempts this week while banging our heads against Putricide so we haven't even attempted Blood-Queen yet. Princes was a fun fight though, except the part where a fireball gibs all the melee at point blank. xd.png

I still boggle at how the top guild on the server still hasn't downed Anub on ToGC25... or Alone in the Darkness... I don't think anyone on my server has Ironbound yet, even. I should bother guildies for that. >>

Edited by Lythiaren

I play WoW and it's one of my favorite games.

I've got a level 55 Night Elf hunter with a Ghost Saber pet

I've also got a level 58 Drenai Death Knight.

I only started playing cause my friend said it was good, and I think she was right cause I think it's fun and I like it.

Incoming nerd implosion.

...ffffff I love this thread, I understand every single bit of lingo and spec discussions and ICC and oh my lawd this is great. If my Blacksmithing were higher I would make all of you um...um...lumps of ore vaguely resembling armor.

My orc had tailoring but that was too girly, even for her. :U She did make her bff/mate/partner-in-crime a robe to go with his wizard hat for special occasions...he's a warrior, so by special occasions I mean really special occasions.

...I put on my robe and wizard hat...

ANYWAYS.

UM what to say, what to say.

I'm an 80 Survival specced hunter, female orc...obviously.

I'm on Moon Guard, the proverbial scum of roleplaying servers - it's not that bad, just stay away from Goldshire and Silvermoon City unless you're smashing some faces in. My old guild had some...issues, so the aforementioned partner-in-crime, myself and another hunter(who is marksmanship I think) have taken up just kicking it by ourselves...which means no raiding. ): Veeka - my loverly little huntard - is the resident Houndmaster, so she's got a variety of cute little doggies with her at all times. Including a Vargul Blighthound- mmmm delishus.

I have my Albino Drake, but I'm currently too poor to afford epic flying just yet. :P I want the pink hippogryph models to be released in game so Mr. Orc Warrior and I can grind rep or whatever and then chill on pink chickenponies...he's got his Ravasaur now and I'm happy with my White War Talbuk(who is named 'goat'. Seriously.) in the meantime, though.

Protip for people leveling hunters: Beast mastery may seem SUPERCOOL with the ability to tame t-rexes and everything, but you're generally going to be seen as a slacker who just hits Bestial Wrath/The Beast Within, spams Arcane Shot and claims victory. Go Survival, we've got traps.

My husband and I have been playing WoW for a while on Blackwater Raiders as Alliance. We're thinking of going Horde though as we'd really like a change in scenery so to speak.

I really like the new dungeon finder system... I hate that we seem to get stuck with a lot of dumb/rude people though. That's the problem I find with this new system... no one is worried about the reputation they have with people on their server so they act/say/do whatever they want and treat folks from other servers like dirt. mad.gif And yeah, as someone who is gearing my new Druid for Feral/Tree/Boomkin not being able to roll on Cloth is frustrating.

Runeth - Level 80 Troll Rogue (Bloodhoof EU)

Cheers! ^^

Agh, I really need to stop making alts. And they all turn out squishy, lol. But I've decided that either my Belf mage or my Forsaken warlock will be my true main. *snoogles her Voidwalker* My mage is under Fire, and my warlock will be under Demonology or Destruction. (I don't like DoT spells too much.) Which should I do?

I'm on the Norgannon server, the Americas. :B Horde, obviously.

I hate the places to level on the Alliance side. It's slow and annoying. But I am rather fond of the Draenei and the future Worgen.. for looks, if anything.

I think Demo's better for leveling, similar to how BM is the easiest for leveling a hunter, but at 80 I don't know. Mages I know a little better, raiding all through BC on a mage. I like Arc myself, and it's the top raiding spec at the moment, to my knowledge. I hear frost's best for leveling, which makes sense, but I was arc all the way.

Ack, no! Resist the alliance! >.>

My husband and I have been playing WoW for a while on Blackwater Raiders as Alliance. We're thinking of going Horde though as we'd really like a change in scenery so to speak.

I really like the new dungeon finder system... I hate that we seem to get stuck with a lot of dumb/rude people though. That's the problem I find with this new system... no one is worried about the reputation they have with people on their server so they act/say/do whatever they want and treat folks from other servers like dirt.  mad.gif And yeah, as someone who is gearing my new Druid for Feral/Tree/Boomkin not being able to roll on Cloth is frustrating.

If you're thinking of going horde, come to Shu'halo and give me (Anat is my main) a holler!

I am so with you on the new pug system, the number of horrible people I've encountered...last night I did a random, I'm a well-geared tank, and I heard those dreaded words from the healer...."Bear with me, I just hit 80 today." Fortunately it was nexus, so it didn't really matter...and my bf's a tree healer so I usually bring him with me. It was pretty painful that I was #2 on dps and #1 on damage done though >.<

Edited by airaani

Erebus - lvl 80 Dwarf Hunter, beastmaster pvp/marksman pvp spec, depends on the situation. Recently started playing again, my brother pulled me out of retirement. On the server Gorefiend.

I also hate the alliance because we can't win BGs for anything. We win BGs about 1/20 times. And we win WG about 1/10 times. Sad thing is, I've been playing this character for about a month now, and I'm 10x better than most hunters on my server.

As Beastmaster:

Warriors can't touch me.

Rogues can't touch me.

DKs can't touch me.

melee shamans can't touch me.

feral druids can't touch me.

As Marksman:

Warlocks can't touch me.

Mages can't touch me.

boomkin druids can't touch me.

as of now, fighting hunters is RNG.

fighting paladins is 100% burst damage, and they simply bubble the second you start kiting them and then burst you down in an instant because you can no longer slow them.

Shamans are 100% burst damage, although a little easier to handle than paladins.

mages. I can usually handle them on both specs, marksman because I silence them, beastmaster because I can get out of their stunlocks. They still suck though.

Me and my boyfriend play dungeons together. Lately he's been on his Troll shaman healer and I've been on my Belf mage.

The dungeon finder is very useful, but MAN some of those people are rude. :| One person, some stupid Rogue, was like "COME ON HEAL THE TANK HE NEEDS IT OMFG I'M DYING HELP ME NO GET THE TANK" to my bf. He got mad and told her off. And let me tell you, getting the healer angry is NOT a good idea. She died multiple times and eventually we just kicked her out, lol.

Tanks and healers are always the target for harassment sadly. :[ Good thing I'm more fond of being damage.

Well, when I play healer, people who are rude to me somehow keep getting "out of range" of my heals >_>

"Well that's weird, how did that happen? Were you moving away from me?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I totally didn't see that DoT, I could have cleansed you if I'd noticed..."

FireAngel... I hear you.

I have strict policies when I heal...

1. If you do something stupid (IE pull threat off tank repeatedly, pull additional mobs trying to be cute) I quit healing you.

2. Warlocks, if you use Life Tap during a fight excessively I quit healing you.

3. Sorry tank gets healed first, I'll worry about you once the tank is topped off and good on HOTs. If you die, well maybe you shouldn't stand in purple/green/blue/black/any other color goo.

I've had people get really mad when I quit healing them, but I'm forward and explain why I'm not going to waste my time and efforts keeping someone alive who knows nothing about surviving fights.

And that thing with Warlocks seriously twerks me off.... one of the guys in my guild (while playing his alt, I don't hold it against him too much) was Life Tapping while standing in debuff goo!!! *frustration*

Airaani - Thanks for the invite. A friend of mine plays on Shu'halo but he's just started WoW and doesn't have any characters much above lvl 20 so he's not much help for any end game content. tongue.gif Thanks again. cool.gif

Edited by Snowqueen

feral druids can't touch me.

Not if I jump you in the face. :V

Hunters are my favourite WG treat. xd.png

I typically hit scare beast, deterrence and drop a freezing trap if I'm pounced by a cat - since I'm not specced for scatter shot. I rarely travel alone though, especially in WG. :P Beast Mastery gives you loads of "oh ****" buttons to break free of stuns/snares/fears and pretty much makes you effectively untouchable for...ten seconds I think?

I miss it, but I've learned to work without it. I've got a hyena for tendon rip in PvP, I just layer on the concussive shots and maybe a wyvern sting or two into my rotation until whoever I'm fighting catches up to me, then I wing clip, disengage, concussive shot, repeat. If it's a warrior...I don't know their ins and outs, but I try to consistently dance between in and out of range for their magical "hah I charged/intercepted you now you're dead" buttons. For a hunter - beast mastery especially - I do what they want me to do and kill their pet. Then I go melee their face off, because it's fun to watch them assume you can't melee because you're a hunter...and then they drop like flies because their pets aren't there. :D

I'm a bad person for using daggers though, as I know they're primarily rogue weapons. I want to snag Black Ice, but I've never done Eye of Eternity so it might be stupidly hard to get a raid together for it. 8l

As for the "dreaded" new 80s...it really bothers me when people get up in arms over having a new 80 in their group. Not everyone hits 80 and immediately goes to get def/hit/whatever capped, most new 80s - especially if that's their first 80 - don't have a clue as to what they need to top off statwise. I was fooled into stacking stamina once I hit 80 - thankfully I had a complete stranger pull me to the side and help me out by completely regemming everything I had, giving me a decent rotation and telling me what gear to look for. Not everyone is that lucky, and I've misdirected onto butthead dps for whinging about new tanks before - I will do it again. It makes no sense to moan about an undergeared player in pugs since odds are they're there to get better gear. I'm sufficiently geared for Heroics now, but I'm terrified of pugging them because Heroic puggers tend to spam Recount...the last thing I need to be told is that I suck...over and over...by potentially overgeared players.

I'm a new 80 and I am always scared when random dungeons que in. I'm always afraid people are going to yell at me for my sucky armor and gear score D:

When I was a little nooblet I didn't know there was more than one talent spec than just BM so I went with that (blew my mind when I saw the other two tabs at the bottom) and even though I thought I didn't really have a choice, I still go with it.

Ticks me off that bestial wrath got its time cut in half though. Can't get anything done anymore >.>

Yea, a lot of people hate having new 80s in their group. The only time I kinda sympathize is if they were unlucky enough to get the Frozen Halls heroics on a pug.. Especially if its a healer or tank. I'll soon have another 80 soon, so I'll have to face that problem. tongue.gif Let's hope I don't get something like "OMFG MY FIRST HEROIC IS H HOR?!" Because then I'd freak, flail my arms, and ask group to get another healer/dps.. Haha.

By the way, if any of you guys are on Hydraxis, alliance side, give me a shout.

Aruadragon - 80 Resto/feral kitty druid.

Zemine - Blood dps/frost tank Death Knight

Lunai - 74 Resto/Elemental Shaman

biggrin.gif

I don't have an 80. I'm not NEAR having an 80. It will, literally, probably take me a year to get to that point. My highest leveled char is a lv 23 fire mage hurrhurr.

And man, I was watching my boyfriend do the Frozen Halls dungeon after a random queue. He was moaning and groaning about it, since it is difficult for anybody. That and he was a pally tank that was mostly geared for dps, so he only had 26k health. .__.

One person in his group tried to kick him out as soon as he saw him. The rest of them 'wth no, it's hard enough getting a tank'. The healer had to heal mah bf exclusively the whole time. Then the guy who tried to kick him out tried to act as tank and got the whole group killed multiple times. Sigh.

They only got a little over halfway before they disbanded.