Alec

WoW - World of Warcraft

o_O

My bear set is all T7 and early badge gear and I have like 33k health in bear spec/gear. A pally tank with 26k?

what is this i don't even

Not if I jump you in the face. :V

Hunters are my favourite WG treat. xd.png

LOL. Then I frost trap, scare beast, burn my cooldowns, burn readiness, then repeat the process, then you die. simple as that. obviously the hunters you fight don't know how to play against ferals.

o_O

My bear set is all T7 and early badge gear and I have like 33k health in bear spec/gear. A pally tank with 26k?

what is this i don't even

Again, he was geared for dps. XD He switched to tank to have instant queues.

He's currently attempting to get better gear haha. He doesn't even have all purple (which, really is quite sad).

MAN, I can't wait till I can have a DK. Mah bf said that their starting zone i amazingly fun. O:

MAN, I can't wait till I can have a DK. Mah bf said that their starting zone i amazingly fun. O:

The DK starting zone is a great deal of fun. ^.^

Just remember- once you get to the vehicle quest near the end of it, the vehicle in question (trying to avoid outright spoilers if you don't know the quests) auto despawns after so long. Don't be shy about resummoning it if you've been at the quest for a bit while trying to get a hang of the controls to avoid a really embarrassing death.

Looking forward to Cata since it seems the new starting zones are following the DK starting model. smile.gif

LOL. Then I frost trap, scare beast, burn my cooldowns, burn readiness, then repeat the process, then you die. simple as that. obviously the hunters you fight don't know how to play against ferals.

Clearly. Rare is the hunter that can kill me. And not one of them thinks to scare beast even after we've been duking it out for an hour. xd.png

Also YES the DK starting area is loads of fun. I didn't want to leave. xd.png

The DK starting zone is a great deal of fun. ^.^

Just remember- once you get to the vehicle quest near the end of it, the vehicle in question (trying to avoid outright spoilers if you don't know the quests) auto despawns after so long. Don't be shy about resummoning it if you've been at the quest for a bit while trying to get a hang of the controls to avoid a really embarrassing death.

Looking forward to Cata since it seems the new starting zones are following the DK starting model. smile.gif

I completly agree. I thought the DK starting area was very fun and I wish more places were as fun.

I wasn't too fond of some of the flying quests.

I completly agree. I thought the DK starting area was very fun and I wish more places were as fun.

I wasn't too fond of some of the flying quests.

I had a ball with the flying one once I knew what I was doing. wink.gif Hated it the first time, admittedly.

YES the DK area is fun. XP Also Mella Bella if you're having a difficult time with survivability on your mage Frost is great for leveling. XP

YES the DK area is fun. XP Also Mella Bella if you're having a difficult time with survivability on your mage Frost is great for leveling. XP

I recently started leveling a mage (it's level 21, almost 22 now) and I'm leveling it as fire.

Three shotting things my level is awesome.

GO GO PYROBLAST YEEEEEAH.

Also, a tip for the DK leveling place. If it's possible still, when you do the mount quest?

Steal a baby pony.

Tauren + Baby pony = Lols.

Edited by Happyface

^- This; and if you can get a paladin friend - Retradin + Frost mage = fun fun times if your paladin knows how to swap their seals and judgments around. Downtime? WHAT downtime? You'll be largely machine gunning frostbolt and your instants unless you get into some big fights- but they've also got a decent amount of crowd control between the two of them too.

If you get a protadin friend, they can combine their AoE tactics with your frost AoE ones, once you're both sufficiently high enough. That takes a little more skill and coordination than retri+frost mage small group slaughtering though.

I <3...but they are making it so easy a 5 year old can play! 10 year olds are bad enough!

^- This; and if you can get a paladin friend - Retradin + Frost mage = fun fun times if your paladin knows how to swap their seals and judgments around. Downtime? WHAT downtime? You'll be largely machine gunning frostbolt and your instants unless you get into some big fights- but they've also got a decent amount of crowd control between the two of them too.

If you get a protadin friend, they can combine their AoE tactics with your frost AoE ones, once you're both sufficiently high enough. That takes a little more skill and coordination than retri+frost mage small group slaughtering though.

Hahaha, my bf is a lv 80 pally and he helps me with my Fire mage a ton. xd.png

If I respec as Frost I'll get lots of help from him still.

BUT I'M A PYRO so yeah duuurrrp.

Hahaha, my bf is a lv 80 pally and he helps me with my Fire mage a ton. xd.png

If I respec as Frost I'll get lots of help from him still.

BUT I'M A PYRO so yeah duuurrrp.

*L* more fun to have someone your level to play with than someone overleveled unless you're just getting a dungeon run and don't wanna bother with a group. That's my take on it anyway. ^^; Tends to make the game more interesting when you know your partner can't just sneeze and destroy the whole zone. xd.png

Hm..if you're soloing though- fire mages have a pretty low survivability rate comparatively speaking. They do wonderfully with a partner (beyond another fire mage) but very fragile above and beyond the other two trees when on their own. The fact they keep making the mainstream fire spells take longer to cast with each progressive rank plays heavily into that vulnerability.

Well yeah, it's funner when you actually get to kill your opponent than shooting it once then having the other person kill it and everything else. (>__>;; ..) But it makes it.. REALLY easy to do quests hahahahaha.

But yes, I do feel more comfortable actually contributing to the killing than just standing there feeling cheap. That's why I'm happier when my boyfriend is on his lv 26 healer when we group up. :3

And.. yeah. You're right about the survivability thing. I still use my Frost spells when I'm in a bad spot while soloing.. but that doesn't exactly stop the casters. .__.

BUT MAN FIRE IS FUN. D:

laugh.gif I tend to save that kinda easy mode for the dungeons. -helps to get decent gear to keep a soloer/pairing moving too. wink.gif But definitely more fun to be helping in the killing unless you hit one of those "go find four other people to kill this guy" quests. ..Then it's time to cheat and break out the high level. ^.^v

Hm...any chance of getting a permanent partner? There's a few classes out there that play nicely with a fire mage to up that survivability rate.

Edited by Kyrieath

My boyfriend could be a very good partner if he stays with his healer while playing with me. Doing dungeons with him as the healer and a bunch of other random people is fun, and it gets me to level supah-fast.. (I was gonna say hunter but he has a dps kitty so I would feel useless huuurrrr.)

But if he's not up to it I'll have to stick to leveling my mage solo. Too many idiots on my server who only group up for quests. :[

You could work with a hunter in fire pretty easily, actually; even with a kitty. You'd just not be using the spells like pyroblast very often; you'd be using quick and instant cast firespells more than the heavy hitting but massively slow spells. Once you get high enough though, you can also mix the trees and dip into Arcane so you can get chances for instant-casts of Pyroblast too. That pairing would stand more survivability in a situation gone bad than a mage/healer combo (depending on the healer anyway. There's a few of those it could be, some working better than others for that pairing. Holy priest, healadin, resto druid or resto shaman?)

*L* Well questing is the best way to level so that doesn't surprise me too heavily folks prefer to group for that; just killing things is actually a rather abysmal way to do it. And once you get past 40 or so- highly inadvisable unless you like long grinds.

Instant Pyroblast? AMAZING. Ohhh I love that.

And his healer is a resto shaman. He's not completely helpless, but not an omg amazing healer like a resto druid or something would be (THE TREES ARE AMAZING HEALERS OMG JEEZOPETE).

He refuses to be a druid at the moment. He hates Tauren. >__> He'd rather be a Troll.

*L* Trees are good healers but tend to be a little less than impressive if they get a bit careless about said healing healing. Roots do not make for good fleeing or taking damage. wink.gif Well he'll get his wish when Cata comes around at least. Still, a resto shaman is actually a bit better in that kind of pairing than restro druid if played right; they're a bit better equipped to handle gaining aggro and helping drop the mob faster.

But yes, unless they've changed the trees since last I looked at my mages, you can get some pretty nice talents out of the Arcane tree to make a fire mage less squishy/vulnerable- it just takes a little while to get to that point. Fire/Arcane or Fire/Ice tree mixes are both useful if you can figure out how to mix and match your talent points appropriately.

Fire/Arcane = more survivability due to higher defense, more mana efficiency (another big sticking point in a fire build) and the ability to get a chance at instant casts if you go deep enough to get Presence of Mind.

Fire/Ice = more versatility in your outright combat spell selection with both types hitting harder than they would in a simple straight build.

You'll need to get higher before you can effectively dip into two trees though. I've seen both versions of a later-end fire mage pull off some pretty amazing things.

Wow, thanks so much. <3

I think I might just go with Fire/Arcane. I don't care if my bf has this slight prejudice against non-pure tree lines, I'm doing it. cX Hahaha.

I'm going to mess with my talent calculator now~.

Pure trees are generally good until the 30s or 40s; but another thing to keep in mind is a lot of recommended pure tree builds leading up to those assume you're going to be fulfilling a role in a party, raiding or PvPing- not soloing.

If you're soloing or pairing, you're going to be doing utility builds; that is to say, you're going to be taking up a couple of roles at least. Mages have it a bit rougher there since they're pure damage with a decent crowd control and that's about it; a utility build will cut down on outright damage output, but increase survivability and decrease resting time if you can figure out a good one.

Good luck arranging your build. ^.^

Airaani - Thanks for the invite. A friend of mine plays on Shu'halo but he's just started WoW and doesn't have any characters much above lvl 20 so he's not much help for any end game content. tongue.gif Thanks again. cool.gif

I can definitely help...I have 4 toons above 60, my DK is main, raiding in ICC at the moment, and my mage is more ToC level. Working on leveling my pally ^.^ Eventually I intend to have one of each tank class...tanking is my love.

Oh and yes to whoever said it, I love the DK starting zone. The quest chain is awesome and if you pay attention to the story, it's just brutal.

Well...I first started playing in the late December and my main character is already at level 65! (undead warlock)

I really like it so far smile.gif

Lots o' stuff to do!