Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

August 6

You will never believe what happened! Godsy got a vampire! Her first holiday, and it gendered a female! Oddly enough, Madame of the Night gets along much better than anyone would have thought with everyone. Godsy's Pillows have matured, but sadly, one was a male. Godsy wanted a female. Poor Godsy. I hear that her Two-heads are wanting to breed. If you ask me, they should take a lottle longer to know each other before breeding.

~Midsummer's Night of Peace

Dearest Journal

A rather strange event occured today. The Pillow's all moved closer towards my frozen lair. They clamed it was to feel more comfortable because of the summer heat. But I believe they simly grew tired of that Misfit pygmy plucking out bits of their fur. I don't mind it since we will most assuradly get more visitors. They can simply huddle down between the three pillows and keep so very toasty.

We had two strange namings occur today as well. Both came from the outside and have no family ties within our home, save those of species type. The first name was given to an adult female Neotropical. She had yet to recieve a name from the Mistress. On this particular day, the Mistress mumbling to herself and she made tho rounds to each egg, hatchling, and adult. All I could make out was "which one...silly...python...". It was truly discomfiting to see her in such a state. Then suddenly the young female called out "It's Landing! Kill It Dead!" The Mistress rushed over to see what it it was, and found it was just a small bird that had flown to high and collapsed. The mistriss just looked at her and told her she was silly. Then The Mistress' face began to get that look of naming inspiration and said "you'll do just perfectly. I need a female and a male for a potential mating with an egg i'll soon be recieving. It must be given a silly name of a particular bit of human comedy. Since I can't really know ahead of time which gender it will be I must prepare accordingly. Thus you will be named, Dead bishop on the landing." The other naming was for a young male Flamingo hatchling. He is still learning his words, and thus has a habit of repeating the few he knows for all occasions. He's quite fond of the word "spam" for some reason. And no one knows from where he picked it up. But the Mistress found this to be all to the good as it served her purpose accordingly. She named him Spam spam spam egg and spam. Now that this has been accomplished, I hope the other unnamed dragons will get a regular, non-silly sort of name.

-Rehewi Benyw-

Edited by kauzlina

Dear journal,

The other dragons are amazing! First we have Sora Blazedawn. He was Nova's first dragon, and he's really cool! There's also Dawnwish and Cyan Mistflight- they fight a lot, but both are happy about my arrival. Next there's Zexion Cloudshadow. He doesn't get along with any of the others except for Moonbeam Angel, who is the exact opposite of him. Lurax Skyshard II is like an older brother to me. Obsidian Rainbows is my best friend in the whole wide world, along with Vexen's Experiment, a male Terrae hatchling. He never seems to get any older, though... strange. Oh, I almost forgot Mister Sparkydoodles, The Orange Juice Wizard and Len Dorkface! Mister Sparkydoodles and The Orange Juice Wizard aren't very nice most of the time, but occasionally they'll play with me and the other hatchlings. Len Dorkface is smart and creative like our owner, and is always coming up with new ideas for us to do. Well, that's about it, and I'm out of space anyways. Bye!

~Rhythm of the Storm

I must say, Vocalia, I love your journal entries. They are so fun to read!

smile.gif

Thank you, but I still have ways to go compared to your journals. ^^;

Previous Journal - Next Journal

Dear diary,

Oh dear... The weather wasn't really good today. A thunderstorm passed over the archipelago and most of the dragons were forced to stay home. I'm now staying in my small cave shelter in Seiryun Island with Leona and Cantarella. The two were visiting me for a little tea party when the storm hit rather suddenly. It's too dangerous for Cantarella to remain on her cloud and the storm was too heavy and wet for Leona to fly through so both of them are staying with me until the storm passes away.

Despite the severity of the weather, Cantarella doesn't seem to worry much about it. She is now passing time by, er..., dropping daydreams into Leona's head, citing that she wanted to know what the sunstone dragoness has been hiding. I don't know if Leona is hiding anything though... Am I missing something here?

As I'm writing this, Leona is still busy daydreaming while Cantarella makes note of what she says during the time... W-Wait!! That's not right! That's an invasion of privacy!!

I'm sorry for ending this so abruptly, but I can't let Cantarella do this any longer! If Leona finds out, she'll be in trouble!

Talk to you soon,

Ar Ciel

Edited by Vocalia

Dusk Divide Dragon Keep Journals: Previous Page - Next Page

We are the first to be writing in these new records for the Keep. Shaydra, our Keep Overseer, thought it wise to record the goings-on in these restless caves. Besides, she said, we have too little to do. All of the dragons in the Keep will have the option of writing journals in these records, of course. As the eldest dragon, though, we are obliged to start. Head One is grumpy. We're not even the leaders, Skyern the skying is! But I, Head Two, thinks that skying is far too scatterbrained to keep us together.

Head One writing - I don't see why we were made to write the first journal entry. We don't care about the other dragons at all anyways. Why should we care about a bunch of cold eggs and wailing hatchlings, when all of the eggs we've fathered are dumped straight to the abandoned cave? All we have left is Luna Light, our first daughter, and if you excuse us we're due to a hunting flight with them.

- Dream Streak

---

Finally, that old two-headed sot is gone and I can write. He - they, sorry - are so stuffy, aren't they? They're huffy that their latest egg was abandoned. They have nothing to be huffy about, because all of us other dragons have to suffer through the same, too. Why, I laid a beautiful egg today that was donated straightaway to the abandoned cave. Me and Zirhgnitas, my newest mate, are still upset over it. That beautiful satin pink egg, gone. At least Omiduhr, our daughter, stayed and is all grown up in the Keep.

Replacing my beatiful baby egg are all these wildborn eggs, CB. All of the eggs she's been adopting lately are all wildborn, because they're more 'valuable' for trading. My own parents were wildborn, but this is ridiculous. Leading this little posse is that little brat of a gray. He just grew his wings today and was named Khaskampf Silversky. It means chaos and fight, and the little brat's earned that name. He's lucky he's part of the Silversky clan, the clan made entirely of grays and favored by the Keep Overseer. I don't see why she favors them, but I guess it's nice having multiple storm systems at your beck and call.

Almost every other growing dragon currently is wildborn except the other gray hatchling and the ice and thunder hatchlings. The little thunder is due to be gifted, and it can't wait to get away from Khaskampf Silversky and his bullying. Shaydra had been trying to trade for it, but no luck, I suppose.

The one hatchling I adore particularly out of this wildborn rabble is the newest CB nebula. This one wasn't influenced and can't wait to grow its wings. It's hoping it's a male, unlike most of the CB nebulas the Keep Overseer has grown. It is much more doting than Omiduhr, and this somewhat makes up for my egg.

I better end this journal entry before it takes up the page, heehee!

- Strykiir

Edited by ShaydraSilversky

07/08/11

Dear Journal,

This is my first journal entry,and Inca says you can make a wish on the first page.*Wishes*I might start off by telling you a bit about myself.I'm a female Balloon dragon called Meiffy,the first dragon that Inca caught.I was born on May 31, 2010.I am 2nd gen and my mate is a Daydream dragon.

Anyways,everyone was puzzled today,as Inca brought in three CB commons and then fogged them with no views.Thats when she explained they were for a Neglected experiment,and they may die.Some of the dragons were quite sad,but they were hoping that the eggs would live,Neglected or not.She also got two CB Spitfire eggs that she caught accidently.It is late,so I'll write more tommorow.

XOXO,

♥Meiffy♥

Inca is the scroll owner,which is me.

(Thought I'd take a crack at this, sounds very fun and I really like many of these journals ^^ I'd very much like helpful criticism, as I have never written a freeform story like this before.)

Dearest Readers,

It has been exactly one year and a month since the master of our beloved home started the journey to provide shelter to most every dragon that has been come across. Starting with I, something my lord calls a Neotropical/Gray Dragon crossbreed. I had been rescued as an abandoned egg, though at first my owner had no idea why that was. I was given a home along with three other eggs, though later I had learned I was the only survivor of that first batch. As I was the last egg to remain, my possessor made sure that my incubation and nest were thoroughly taken care of. Lo and behold, from that careful checking, (along with the checkings of several other people, whom my master had granted access to the small cave dwelling and had more experience in the handling of dragons) I had come into the world completely. As I grew, I was joined with nestmates. First a Hellfire Wyvern that had unfortunately been born with a defect that would only grow with aging of the body, forcing my owner to perform complex spells to keep her at that stage of life.

While I was growing older, gaining a pair of large wings and a lovely vivid set of stripes, my master caught up on reading - Anything from old scrolls about how to raise dragons and deal with abandonment, to recent scrolls about lineages (How my master- who I will refer to as Kai- Had found out about my crossbreeding). We had both learned in that time. I had learned how to hunt, to play, to climb, to fly. Kai was actually not the one who taught me how to read and write. No, it was an Electric Dragon that had found our home a nice safehouse during a thunderstorm. Yes, an electric based dragon afraid of thunder and lightning. Who would have thought, right? He ended up joining us as part of the permanent pack. He became a teacher of sorts to the little ones, and further on found a nice Thunder mate.

Anyways, back on track here. By the time I had fully grown, Kai had obtained the basics of dragon raising. You should've seen the look on my face when the next batch we had rescued ended up with them all hatching. I became a sort of papa dragon to the younglings, a role I play even now. Soon enough our cliffside home had to be expanded, rebuilt, and became not a cave, but a sanctuary. Every biome from Alpine to Volcano was added, to suit the needs of every well-nourished Draco and Dracia. Any and all dragons played their part here, protecting eachother to ensure the survival of this wonderful realm we had helped build. We had assorted a group over at least 250 individuals, including hatchlings on the way. Many of these new eggs seem of the rarer sort. We can tell as we have species books hidden in the library. Kai had also taught the Magi dragons -The bunch of potion sniffers, I swear they have issues- a new skill. When that skill was taught, various new eggs bred by the inhabitants of this place were replaced with the rare ones. They're up to something, I just know it! Though many of the dragons don't regret their younglings replaced, as that crazy little Dark Myst had claimed that they were given to good owners in exchange for new blood. I hope that's the truth...Or else Kai will have some explaining to do to all of us with children, including I.

As this is the first entry, I have only made a small dent in the wonderful tales that are a part of Aspen Sanctuary. Many of our tales will be told in due time, from the small writing of the miniscule Pygmy, to the deep gouges of the mountain-like Stone Dragons. I hope you enjoy this fine, fine story, and that maybe even if the sanctuary is gone, the descendants of all of those who built a paradise will be able to remember and love the joys, the sorrows, the fun, and the adventure of a lifetime.

Warmest Regards,

Last Link in the Chain

Dear journal:

Being awoken by an explosion this morning was just what I wanted! Notice the sarcasm. Somebody really needs to tell Bitter Orange Thuwed to work on her spell casting, since she clearly isn't as good as she thinks she is. Not me though. Maybe I'll get one of the Pygmies to do it. Yes, I'm sure that I could "convince" one of them. Then that would be one annoyance out of the way

---Veni Veni Venitas.

Dear diary;

There's an egg shaped stone in the communal nest. Why is there an egg shaped stone in the nest?! What do I tell the others? Do I pretend it's really an actual egg, or do I come clean? I have no idea what to do! Why did this have to happen on my watch?

----Refraction.

Edited by iCloud

Dear journal,

Yay! We have a new hatchling in our family! Zexion Cloudshadow had to take care of it, so we named it Cerulean Cloudshadow. She's a daydream dragon, and I say she because I have a feeling our new member is going to be a female. Obsidian, me and Ceru get along really well together, often going on little adventures around the nearby forest with Lurax. I'm hoping that we'll get to know each othe a bit more in the future...

~Rhythm of the Storm

Dear paper:

...I swear the clan is getting crazier by the day. I'd just finished explaining to Refraction that the egg shaped stone was in fact an actual egg, when Dusty Ashes crept up and quietly informed me that Veni Veni Venitas was attempting to drown one of the Mistfits!

When I confronted Veni, she muttered something about how she was "just playing." Just playing, my staff! I feel that I'll need to keep an eye on her.

We need a leader, and soon. Otherwise we're going to descend into chaos.

------Velvet Shenanigans.

P.S; I need to find a way to stop the Sunstones fighting. What doesn't help matters is that all three of them are male.

Dear journal,

I guess this is my first entry. I just hatched a few hours ago, and I've already made a few friends- ok, only two. One is a grey hatchling named Rhythm of the Storm, but I just call him/her Rhyth. There's also Obsidian Rainbows, who's a Nebula hatchling. Oh, Zexion's calling me, so I better go.

~Cerulean Cloudshadow

Dearest Journal

Why is it that the whole complex seems to act like i'm the leader of this clan? I'm certanly not the oldest here, nor am I the most avaliable. Yet they all seem to come to me whenever something goes wrong. I'll have to ask the Mistress about this the next time she visits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dearest Journal

The Mistress came today. I asked her about the leadership thing. She took some time to consider it and said she would "come back to me on it." Whatever that means. I don't think she took my concerns on this very seriously since she appeard to be holding back a giggle. I just hope she doesn't wait to long about it.

-Rhewi Benyw-

Dear Journal

Where all these pygmies come from?

I had just learned to tolerate the normal ones - and now the new pygmy species have arrived. Great. Like really. They seem vicious! I mean, they do no harm for large-sized dragons or those who can fly - but I belong to neither of those groups. The pygmies like to be annoying purposely! Luckily I have my partner *blushes* - Starryflight, who's a Nebula. He's been defending me, my children and other Mints.

With love,

Mindya.

Dear Journals,

Finally grown up! At last I'm away from all those annoying caretakers and whimpering hatchlings. It feels good being an adult. The skies don't feel as far away as they were when I stared up from the smelly nests. I can fly now! ...Sorta. As long as I don't land. The best part of it is that I'm a gray dragon, from the Dusk Divide's mighty Silversky Clan. I might have been wildborn, but they accepted me in. Most of the dragons in the clan are wildborn, but our clan's so powerful because we work together regardless of blood ties. That's what Siletsu told me, anyways. He's the most recent dad of the clan and helped take care of me along with his own son, who just grew wings today and got named Sonne Silversky. Sonne's my best friend and I can't wait till he grows up.

Sonne doesn't wanna be an adult, though. He likes playing with the hatchlings even though he's almost an adult. Especially that guardian hatchling, ugh. For some reason the Keep Overseer needs more guardian dragons, but I don't see why when we've already got G'Hoole and Ifgharkiel. They're so clumsy with those huge bludgeons for tails. They don't even guard the cave most of the time! It's the black dragons who do that. Furraheille's the awesomest black, he's so powerful and has that pretty Kharismatique for a mate most of the time.

Aw gods, why did I remind myself about mates? Sonne's teasing me about that. Now that I'm adult-y I'm expected to take another wildborn mate in the Silversky Clan, ugh. That's the grossest part about being an adult now. Well, it's not that bad, I guess, especially when all the single female grays are tittering over me. Guess they can't resist me. It's fun talking to them, except Kitt, she's so quiet and shy. Wonder what's her deal. Looks like I'm about to find out though, she's walking towards me. Write ya later.

-Khaskampf Silversky

---

[sic] Aaah, how come Shay didn't tell me bout the new Keep records?! I had to hear it from Lavaedri, that tricky purple. Almost didn't believe her at first. Hpmh. I see Dream Streak's written in it already. Well as the leader I've gotta write too. Better hurry, Zaliss is waiting to play puzzles with me. Not that I can ever solve them anyways, I'm too old and silly.

Currently, in the young one's caves, there are 6 eggs and 7 hachies. Whoops, make that 4 eggs, 9 hachlings; the glory egg just hached night, which is good cause Shay needed more of them. The swalowtail egg hached too.

Er, what else am I sposed to write about? Oh yeah, the Silversky Clan of Grays is breedin like rabbits. Just now I think Khaskampf Silversky and Kitt Silversky bred a new gray egg, whoopee. I already counted it. It looks great next to that other gray egg. Shays been getting a lotta them grays. I wonder if she'll ever make a Skywing clan, I could use summore dames in the weyr.

-Skyern

Next Page

Sunday, 8/7/11, 10:27pm

Today, Silver gave me this little book. She said I'm supposed to write down what happens each day. Well, here goes. Today, Silver came back into the Silver Cavern all excited. She said that a bunch of people offered to give her some eggs. She looked at the eggs that were sitting there. She said she had to get those four eggs to hatch before she could accept anymore. She walked off looking for people to help her hatch her eggs. As of now, they still aren't hatched, and not even close. Only one hatchling has gone to the ER. The Silver just has to wait on the others. Another 24 hours, and we'll have enough space for more eggs. I love new eggs, it means new dragons. Bigger community. I love that. Oh, I have to go. It's time to go hunting for The Candlestone. Oh, wait, you don't know about him. I'll tell you about him next time. Till then.

~The Tiny Spark~

Edited by Silver_Voices

Dear piece of rock I found;

Not good enough? W-What did she mean I'm not good enough for her? If I'm not good enough for her, then why did she consent to mate with me? She was lucky I gave her the time of day, what with that I hate you all attitude she's got. I won't be mating with her again! Let her beg me next time, then we'll see who isn't good enough!

---Solaris Ffurfafen.

Dear paper:

I'm actually glad I don't have a mate. Between Solaris Ffurfafen being mad at Veni for slighting him, and Sonnet of Song not talking to Oracle of Solaris for mating with Dusty Ashes, I don't actually know if I'd be able to handle a mate and children. Maybe in due time I'll find one, but right now I've got too much to worry about.

----Velvet Shenanigans

Dear Journal

How quiet it is now that the young charges we've been watching over have moved into their new home. I do not fear that it is the last time we shall ever see them as much now maybe we'll strum along their offspring or the offspring's decendants. Having that sense of knowledge will wish them the best of luck. One of the Neotropicals did not want to move into his new home as it seems feeling too close of a bond with everyone.

What troubles me that now while we await our new addition to the clan one of the vampires got over excited that they lost control and bite into one of the newly rescued egg. The others have apologized deeply for this unfortunate incident promised that they shall be extra careful. I have deep faith that they will keep to their word having shown such great restraint...but I am aware not everyone shares the same viewpoint.

AngelicSapphire

Edited by xxDragonisPrimusXX

Dearest Journal

The Mistress retuened today with an answer to my question. She said that she talked with the others in the complex. The information she gathered was quite interesting indeed. It seems that the simplest reason is because I'm one of the summoners. "That CANT be the only reason!" I said. She laughed and said no, it wasn't. Only most of the dragons feel that way, the Vampires only respect me for the fact I can beat them senseless if it were needed. And the pygmies just don't care at all. She told me that since I seem to handle it well, albeit a bit unwillingly, that I might as well go along with it. So now the Mistress will be coming straight to my section of home first each time she comes to visit. It's a bit of a change for her to vary from going randomly around to whomever happens to be inside and awake at the time. I've been given a list of tasks now to work on. I guess I can do this. At least I won't be bothered all the time. Even with the Pillows around and more than willing to keep guests comfy, it's still to cold to be stay for very long.

I hope I don't let her down...

-Rhewi Benyw-

Previous Page - Next Page

Monday, 8/8/11, 10:36am

Okay. So yesterday, I promised you that I would tell you about The Candlestone and everything else. Here goes: When I came into the Silver Cavern (our home) I was scared, more scared than anything in my life. I was lonely, but surrounded by these massive beasts. As it turns out, it was just Bright Protector (the guardian dragon of our cavern), My Day Dreamer (the mother figure), and The White Dove (the healer), so I didn't have any reason to be afraid of them. But that's beside the point. I spent most of my childhood hiding in corners and under tables. I begged and begged Silver to let me go, but she said she couldn't, because I wan't old enough to go out on my own. Anyway, once I had grown up, I was still quiet, but more open to meeting others. I had my eyes set on one certain pygmy. A Nilia named Blue Crystal. His caring ways had caught my attention, because I wanted to be cared for. Anyway, I walked up to him and said Hi, and I think my bright colors and swirly patterns caught his attention. Anyway, we had quite a fling. And, though I'm not proud to say it, we had a child. A little Misfit pygmy, like myself. Silver had to give her away. I cried and cried, my only child had been taken away from me. After that, Blue Crystal kind of drifted away. I later found out that Silver had caught another Nilia egg, and that Blue Crystal had claimed it to be his mate. And here I was. Alone. Again. But only a little while afterwards, Silver introduced me to another Misfit Pygmy, The Candlestone. Can you believe it? Another of my kind! But... He had been in an accident and his right hind leg had been crushed, and his left wing was mangled. He could never hunt or fly again. He needed someone. Like me. So, I decided that I would give myself fully to him. Nowadays, I spend my mornings hunting for myself, and my nights hunting for The Candlestone. Though sometimes, I wonder if he wishes he could have Little Fire back though. But that's another story for another time. For now, I will be faithful to him, and he will be faithful to me.

~The Tiny Spark~

Edited by Silver_Voices

Date: August 8, 2011

I cannot express my excitement at this moment- our egg has hatched! I am officially a father! Yes, my hatchling is not the same breed as I, but I don't mind at all. Earlier today, the egg had a gaping hole in it. I tried to peek inside, but there was only darkness. We were all attempting to coax the hatchling out of its shell, but it still had plenty of time left- at least a day- and didn't want to arrive. So one of our Reds incubated it, and moments later, it crawled out. At first, I was disappointed in the wet, pitiful thing that was laying on the dusty ground. But Mesora stepped in and worked her maternal magic, licking it clean until it was pouncing around happily. Mesora is proud of her fourth little one, and her Freezies (a trio of frozen hatchlings she has adopted) welcomed their new sibling into the world by tackling it and soon they were playing happily together. I wonder what gender the hatchling will be- a male or a female? Yes, I am hoping for a son, but Mesora has her heart set on a daughter. Who knows? Neither of us decided to influence the egg. We prefer to let nature take its course. Besides, I like surprises. I can't say the same for Mesora, however. Well, our hatchlnig is happy and healthy, and I am proudly a father. That's all for now, Journal!

- Flamanjo

Dear Journal,

A new type of egg has arrived. Master tells us that another master has given us this strange egg... it is similar to the egg Silverkit, Soudah and Linkero was born in. It is very shiny. Master is being very cautious about the egg, calling it a 'tinsel.' She said she 'traded' it for Thunderous Fiery's offspring. I wonder...

Ninja of Midnight

Black Dragon

Edited by MisaTange

Dear Journals,

I can't believe it. Barely an adult, and already I'll be a father.

I didn't expect Kitt to... think that way of me. She always visited me when I was in the hatchlings' nests, but this... It's a strange feeling, having another dragon that doesn't care about you just 'cause you're the Keep's future or the Clan's future. But just loving you because it's you. This word love, it sounds so weird in my mouth. I can't say I'm feeling quite the same as Kitt does. I'm too new to this! But... I could grow into that feeling. The feeling when she looks at me and my heart quickens, when I brush wings with her and something tingles in the air between us. The feeling I get when I look into the youngster's nests that I so recently left, and seeing that one gray egg that belongs to me. No, us.

Sonne's an adult now, and he won't stop teasing me about it, aaargh! I'd fry his wings off with a thunderstorm if he wasn't my friend. He's got himself to worry about. See, Sonne's supposed to mate Uhmali Silversky, everybody expects him to, but he keeps holding it off.

Hmmm, some might be thinking it's unfair to let someone else pick your mates, but the Silversky Clan works better this way, believe me. Dragon's mates are specially chosen, and have the same pedigree so they're equal in status. There's no fighting over mates or spats between couples. I'm lucky they're fine with Kitt's choice. If only Sonne would agree about Uhmali...

Anyways, write ya later, these journal entries are kind of relaxing to write.

- Khaskampf Silversky

---

Why, why, why, why, why?!

It's sooooo annoying that no one knows if you're a boy or a girl until your wings get bigger. I mean, what the hey? You think they'd know better, but nooo. And they can't tell your gender until you're almost an adult, so you have no time to ponder how girly or how tomboyish you are before boom, egg! Like that Khaskampf Silversky, but at least he knew he was always a boy, he sure hit like one.

It's soooo unfair, that you have to almost grown up before you know. It's so unfair that some of us have to be traded away from the only home we've known!

Okay, see, the Keep Overseer is thinking of trading me away for a better egg. A replacement. Augh. And since she wants to trade me away, she has to stop me from growing. 'Cause apparently big grownups can't be traded. So now I won't know my gender until I leave the Keep. I wanna cry, but I wanna be a boy and boys don't cry.

I don't want to leave the Keep. Most of the dragons here are really nice except Khaskampf. Especially Strykiir... she's like my mommy. She was hoping I'd be a guy, too. And know she'll never know...

- unnamed nebula hatchling

Previous Journal - Next Journal

Journal - dd/mm/yyyy

Well, another normal day for me and the hatchling-sitters.

… Cross that. The last two days were anything but normal.

The Thunder egg that we were taking care of hatched two days ago and already the hatchling proved to be a really handful one ever since she hatched. Now that she’s close to maturing, she began zapping other hatchlings and some of the sitters, but Amethyst seemed to be receiving most of the zaps… However, she didn’t seem to mean her harm; she is a rather sweet girl. In fact, she is deeply attached to Amethyst… Maybe that’s her way of showing her love? The Sciame Angel named the Thunder hatchling Dig Volt, after an ancient lightning spell said to be frequently used by a famous, or infamous as she said to me, sorceress. I just hope that Dig grows up without the supposed infamy of the spell user…

Speaking of handful, the Vine hatchling, named Venitas, also has quite an attitude. He’s quite brash, if not as brash as Leona, and rather aggressive as well. He really reminds me of Vashtel, the only difference being that Venitas can’t breathe fire. However, he has a soft side of his own. This afternoon, Strawberry came back with some sunflowers the Sciame Angel had picked. Venitas seemed to be particularly interested in it; Vashtel saw him taking one stalk for himself and snarling at anyone who came close to his flower. Chlororphia reminded me that he would be quite sad when the sunflower wilted. I suppose she had a point, seeing how fond Venitas was with his flower. We saw him cuddling and stroking the petals with the vines around him. Perhaps Ar Ciel could help me with this case…

As I wrap this up now, the hatchlings and sitters are fast asleep, along with my foster childrens. With this, I bid you goodnight and hope for a less stressful tomorrow… although I wouldn’t count on it.

Jes D’Arcole

Edited by Vocalia

I am so close to gendering...it would be nice to know if I am a boy or not! I was influenced as an egg, so I'm crossing my fingers. Lots of people gush over me, saying I am such a gorgeous 2nd gen purebred magma, whatever that means. This other hatchling, a Magi, thinks he's all that because he has a gender. When I grow up, I'll give him a piece of my mind! The owner has soem peculiar eggs. There's this dark green one, which she says is CB, but I don't know what that means. Then she's got this yellow and black one, an electric I think. I haven't seen one of those eggs in a while. She also has a split, and that egg trembles a lot, so I'm thinking that we're going to have an energetic pair of heads on our hands soon enough. Also, we have a BBW (like Taylor Ei, one of my buddies even though he's all grown up) that the owner is happy about. But the strangest of the eggs has got to be that yellow one with the big white spots. it looks like something straight out of a cartoon! One of the hatchies, Dead Truth, tried to knock it over, but it was way too heavy for any of us to move.

- Igneous Footprint

Edited by glamoursea2

Previous Page - Next Page

Tuesday, 8/9/11, 11:31am

Well, the eggs have hatched! New hatchlings have matured, and now some of the other, single dragons are getting mates. Little Fire seems quite attached to her mate, The Red Flame. Maybe she'll leave me and The Candlestone alone. Anyway, these new eggs came in, late last night. Two beautifully bright eggs, then a tiny dull one. It's even smaller than my eggs was, or even the Seawyrm Pygmys' eggs! When I listen close to it, I hear small chirps, like those from the birds outside. I wonder...

Anyway, Silver went through the whole cave, chastising herself for not naming some of the dragons that were in here before now. She gave them really beautiful names, like Enchanting Eyes, and Star's Majesty. Anyway, back to the eggs! Silver caught one during the dark. She had though it was a Striped Dragon, but when daylight came, she saw that it was a Spitfire. She said she had to give it away, because it wouldn't fit in here at all. She has offered it to someone, and they said they'd pick it up sooner or later. It's still sitting there... Waiting... Oh, that reminds me, I need to go. It's my turn to watch for the person who's going to take the spitfire, and also keep the egg warm, though I don't know I can do much. The egg is only a little smaller than me. But, I guess they thought I could help it. Got to go, I'll write more tomorrow.

~The Tiny Spark

Edited by Silver_Voices