Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

((This one is less of a journal and more of a story. Whoopsies. ;3 Well, enjoy it anyways.))

Previous Page | Next Page

Journal, entry three -

Another egg had hatched not long ago. The Pink one... it almost seemed to know everything right away. I decided not to think about it. Also, Aqua has been squealing all day about the Hellfire hatchling- it's grown it's wings.

Later that night, as I was thinking like I do every night, I wandered to the back of the cave. I had never been back here before - the chamber at the back of this cave was larger than most of the others, and was covered in moss.

Inside this chamber were four dragons.

The first was a dragon surrounded with crackling energy; it seemed like it could make lightning bolts appear on a clear day. One of it's wings was slightly torn.

The second made the room intensely hot; it was an Ember, they called it, and could likely burn down a forest in minutes.

The third dragon shimmered with the light the Ember and Thunder dragons created; it was a Gold, sparkling and shining, but rather dull at the same time...

...but the fourth almost made me cry at the horrible sight of it. It was a Vampire - a female one. It almost seemed to be covered in blood.

The Gold spoke to me. "Hello, little Nebula."

We talked for a while, until I asked about the things in the night sky. The conversation we had:

"Those are the stars, sweetie." (Obviously she must have been much older than me- she still thought of me as a hatchling.)

"I meant the shiny silver orb, near the moon. Have you seen it? It glows a bright blue. And there was another one, and it glows pink."

She looked at me in surprise and said- "Yes, I have seen it... I have also seen a green glowing orb and an orange one... but they have disappeared since then."

I thought about this for a few moments, then spoke. "When did they disappear?"

"I believe the orange vanished only four days ago, and the green nine days ago. The pink disappeared as well... that was only tonight."

I thanked her, and went outside to stare at the sky as I have every night.

She was right - the pink orb was gone. The only one that remained was the blue one... but I couldn't help but wonder if those dates meant anything... anything at all.

-Space

Edited by aquamarine__

Previous page | Next page

Journal, entry four -

Two more of the eggs hatched - the Moonstone and Sunstone dragons. Aqua's already come up with names for them.

Also, the Pink grew it's wings- it's a male. I swear, it gets smarter every day (although, most of the time, the things it says are just plain RIDICULOUS.) but I'm too busy looking at the stars to care. I don't think Black likes him much though...

I'm more confused every day, thinking about the things in space, and the disappearances of them- I just don't know what to do.

For now, I'm going to stop writing until I can get more info...

-Space

Edited by aquamarine__

Dear Journal,

Poor little eggs are being destroyed. I've done what I could, but time beats healing in every way.

Troubled,

Howaito

------------------------

Dear Journal,

You know what? Linkero has separated everyone. But not in a fair way. Everyone is in the Hikaru side and Orange Raikou and Midnight Raikou and I have been in the Kage side and people who are deemed evil. At least to Linkero. Master seems to have noticed this and she is doing nothing to save us from the wretched dictator. Do what a master can do, Master.

Also, it seems like a few humans are entering the dragon life. Not in a way that 'feed then leave' that humans usually do, but they stay for a few hours then leave. Master calls these 'scrollsitters,' people who take care of us when Master is not here.

By the way, Master has spoken of a new species of dragon. New species have been coming up quite a lot but she speaks of beautiful blue and orange scales with a sea-like feeling to it. The hatchlings absolutely adore Master's story. I hope we can get a few eggs with the new species.

Got to go watch over the dragons now.

-Ninja of Midnight

Black Dragon

I wish i had a name. some of the males have been eyeing me, but i don't even have a name, so what's the point? when they walk up to me like "Hey there pretty lady, I'm so-and-so" do i say "I'm a nameless dragon! biggrin.gif" Talk about a turn-off! I wish my owner would get off her lazy bum and name me.

~ nameless female moonstone

Dear Journal,

Master has caught the new species! We are... or at least, I am, in awe in these two odd eggs. I'm curious on how they turn out.

-Ninja of Midnight

Black Dragon

Each journal/diary I post would be named to identify whose journal it is.

Next Journal

Dear diary,

Today has been a peaceful day yet again. Some new eggs arrived into our home~! Since there aren't many of us yet, it took sometime for everyone to gather around, but everyone got a good look at our new friends in the end. I wonder what they would hatch into, but I'm sure they would be fine with Jes and Leona caring for them. They would make such good mothers, but I doubt Leona would do so anytime soon. However, I do see her eyeing Yuraku for quite sometime now and it seems that Yuraku is equally interested in her! I wonder if they like each other...

Oh dear, looks like I have to go now. I can see Leona chasing after Arosax again. He must've done something to upset her again! I just wish he would stop teasing her... Leona's short temper never bodes well for him, especially after that beating she gave him two days ago...

Talk to you again.

Ar Ciel

Edited by Vocalia

Previous Journal - Next Journal

Mood: Fuming

That little, no-good, thunder baby Arosax!! What the hell is wrong with him?! All I wanted was just to dig for gems and he HAD to make it rain! I don't mind rain once in a while, mind you. It brings a change to the landscape and even I understand that it's getting dull seeing that same, empty pit I dug up days ago. But that Arosax...!! Oohh!! He just have to make it rain right above my head!! I'm not talking about a patch of area or something. He made it rain right above my damn head!! Now it hurts and I don't feel so good... Maybe I should see Ar Ciel after this... Then again, maybe I should've seen her yesterday after that damned Gray Dragon made it rain above my head all day long...

Your angry writer,

Leona

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear journal,

Damn! Yesterday was a close call... Leona nearly turned me into pancake dough again after I gave her a quick bath... I mean, come on! Don't tell me that she doesn't stink from all that dust and dirt she dug up. In any case, I didn't see her today. I heard from Yuraku that she didn't look so well... Maybe I've gone too far this time... not! She had it coming and I say good for her!! This oughta teach her something about hygiene.

Arosax

Edited by Vocalia

Dear Journal,

I can't believe this! I was the only male Moonstone- and surrounded by females! They all loved and admired me, and I felt like the alpha lion in the pack- strong, handsome, and the only male around. Then this little snobby hatchling gendered male, and I just can't believe it. The females- my females- are gushing over him. They think he's the cutest little thing, and when he grows up...well, let's just say I have some competition. I just hope my girls aren't into younger guys!

- Glass Shard

Dear journal,

OH MY THUWED WE HAVE A NEBULA EGG. Yeah, I know, not exactly the best thing to freak out over, but still, I'M SO HAPPY! So is Nova, because she's been chatting nonstop to herself about it, and this summer egg we have that's super close to hatching, along with a red egg she just got. Well, if the nebula hatches, it's name will hopefully be someting intimidating or awesome-sounding. My mate Dawnwish is laughing at me for writing in a 'diary' as she calls it, so I'm going to end my entry here.

~Lurax Skyshard II

Dear Journal,

Has it nearly been almost two years now that I’ve been rescued from within the entrance of the cave when I was still an egg?! It does not seem remotely possible that those few years walking along side my master (my partner) time pass us by so quickly. In these past few years continue making the journey rescuing abandoned at the cave’s entrance or stumbling across newer species had watch my new clan continue to grow and thrive. It was recently decided that a journal be kept recording everything within the clan for future generations to know their heritage and fellow clan members. My master humbled me having the great honor as the senior dragon to hold such an honor.

Within this previous week my master not only had she came across two newer species along her travel into the other lands found a miracle. There within either the forest or jungle she had come across a cave born silver dragon, a dragon born without biological parents. How my brethren swoon over the new addition into our home ignoring the others. In order to protect and keep the unborn silver dragon, I’ve entrusted the Guardian dragons with such a task. Even the Vampire dragons had taken the night duty to allow the Guardian’s rest. At first I was against this idea, but my master trusted them greatly for they two want it to grow.

I must rest now...

AngelicSapphire

Dear diary,

It's been two days since Leona came to see me with a headache and sore throat. She's resting very well and she should be back on the go by tomorrow. Yuraku has been paying her visits and he has been giving her some gemstones to eat. I'm not sure how he obtained it though; Yuraku isn't the best digger among all of us. Nonetheless, Leona seemed very happy and touched, eventhough all she did was blush and fluster about it. She's so cute when she's touched~!

Last night, Arosax and Danny came to me with the tip of their tails singed. I might not know what exactly happened, but I'm certain that it had something to do with Ferociasa; her fire breath is quite powerful and dangerous. When Leona saw the two, she had a laughing fit and rolled on the ground, saying something about 'karma' biting their rears. I wonder what this 'karma' is and if it's a hostile creature... Maybe Rezo knows something about it. I should ask him some other time.

Oh! One of the hatchlings, Meo, finally reached maturity. He seemed fidgety and nervous, but he's settling in very quickly. Jes offered to let him stay with her for a while until he gets used to his surroundings. Maybe it's just his first time; that's why he was so nervous and anxious. I know that he will be fine, especially with Jes taking care of her.

I have to go now. It's time for Leona's check-up.

Talk to you soon.

Ar Ciel

Edited by Vocalia

Dear Journal,

Our master and dear friend Dragonluver has returned. She has cristened us with new names as well.

She simply stated that "she was away from her dragons too long," and was distracted by "webcomic shenannigans", whatever that is.

Wile she was away, dear old Mint Adorus had fallen down some stone steps, while trying to get used to not being bed-ridden all month. We had warned him about the stairs, and, unfortunately, it keeps happening, as Mint has ceased to listen to all protests. Dragonluver even went into a long rant about stairs when she saw this.

We have also come into possession of a Paper Dragon egg from a mysterious donor, with the Teleport ability. A very small egg was found, along with two shiny eggs spied in the desert. More information on these developments as we go.

With much love, Ultima Devastus

Edited by Dragonluver

dd/mm/yyyy

-Went to cave nest.

-Angel brought home more hatchlings and eggs.

-Angel looked tired.

-Jes scolded Angel.

-Jes said that Angel worked too hard.

-Angel looked sad and apologized.

-Sat on eggs and rested.

-Warmed eggs and hatchlings.

-Jes looked surprised.

-Jes said thank you.

-Hatchling looked scared.

-They still stayed close.

-Didn't understand why...

Ferociasa

I know this one is weird, but this is how Ferociasa, currently my only red dragon, writes her journal. Angel is Sciame Angel, my scroll's dragon caretaker, A.K.A. myself. tongue.gif

Edited by Vocalia

Mesora and her new mate have parented another egg, her third and his second. I was lucky enough to father her first, but those days are over. The little creature that emerged from this egg was promptly named Zaneit. It looks hard to pronounce, but I say it like "Zah-NEET." Mesora always favored names beginning with letters like V, W, X, Y, and Z. Personally, I have a feeling Zaneit will be a boy, but I won't mention it to Mesora for two reasons: one, she absolutely despises me for befriending another female while we were in a relationship (okay, so maybe we were a little closer than friends...but so what? Mesora overreacted) and two, she really wants a daughter, a little girl. So I won't jinx it. But...Zaneit (or Zane, as I like to call him/it) seems like a boy to me.

- Otachsu

There's something wrong here, I can feel it. It's like the name of that song you can't seem to remember, and it's on the tip of your tongue. It's like biting into your meal and knowing there's something missing, but you can't quite put your finger on it. It's a gnawing feeling in my stomach that I try to make disappear, but every time I see her, my stomach churns and I panic. Does she realize that I'm not...I don't feel the same? I don't have a word for it, but I know it's there. When she looks at me, I don't feel my heart melt. When her wingtip brushes against my side, I don't fall for her harder. When she flutters her eyelashes and giggles so flirtatiously like that, I muster a nervous giggle and search for the nearest exit...because I just don't like her like that. I don't love her anymore. My Mesora...my mate, the one that makes all the other males jealous of me...she doesn't send butterflies through me anymore. And when Zaneit, our little hatchling, squeaks "Daddy!" to me, I don't chuckle or feel any pride. I feel embarrassed. I never pictured myself like this- the fatherly type. I'm supposed to fly, to fight, to be a hero, a warrior...a loner. Not the soft, subtle guy who hides in the shadow of his perky mate. When others look at me, they coo "Oh, here comes Levi and Mesora...aren't the cute together. Look at the baby!" and I blush. I have to tell her. I have to tell her that she's not right for me, and I have to do the right thing and leave my family once and for all.

Sorry, Mesora, but I'm not the right male for you. I hate to ditch you like your first mate did, but hopefully you'll find someone else, the kind you deserve.

- Levi

Edited by glamoursea2

Dear Journal

For a moment nearly had a mild scare these past couple of days as few of the cave born eggs mysteriously disappeared. It was only when xxdragonisprimusxx explained that they were being watched over until they had hatch. Those new hatchlings with the help of our Magi's be sent over safely through the secret passages to another whom she has been contacted over an IRC chat. What is that exactly? No matter, our master informed us that we will soon be having a new addition. I've implore my normal tactics to learn more, but she remains very type lip about the surprise.

I dare not try today for now she worries about the three Neotropical cave born eggs. They are sick with soft shells that may kill them before having a chance to live. Measures have been taken accordingly and only time will tell now if they shall live.

AngelicSapphire

Hello Journal,

I've been appointed to write about what has been going on in the cave. Yeah, Watermelon Burrower gave me this job. Can you believe it? What an honor! Well, one of our CB Moonstone eggs has a gaping hole in it, but the little hatchling inside must be too afraid to come out. I've been keeping my eye on that one. Zaneit gendered male- much to the disappointment of his mother, Mesora. I hate to see her so upset- beauty like that should never be tinged with sorrow. Her mate, Levi, confided in me last night. He told me he doesn't love her anymore, and he will be leaving her soon. I'm the keeper of a juicy secret- but my lips are sealed.

These are the latest happenings in our wonderful cave. Until next time!

- Flamanjo

Edited by glamoursea2

Mood: Relaxed

Three days under Ar Ciel's care and I'm off again. I gotta admit though, that dragoness makes good tea. Maybe I should invite her for a little tea party or something...

Whoa, I sounded like a girly sissy just now!!! Argh!!! I'm giving myself goosebumps!!

That aside, I could hear some noise in the cave during my visit today. Looks like two of the newer hatchlings finally matured although they seemed to be quite a bunch. The brigh-breasted wyvern Fedora and the pink dragon Amethyst seemed to be sticking close to Jes, especially Fedora. In fact, when I tried to approach her, she seemed intimidated. Well, can't really blame her. I mean, she's smaller than me and I have a big gem on my tail, hard enough to knock the life out of most dragons... Speaking of size, when I mentioned it, she suddenly cried and went to the nearest corner to sulk! What gives?!

While the new girl was busy trying to cheer her up, Jes simply sighed and told me that Fedora had some confidence and self-esteem issues. I don't really understand why though. Sure she's smaller than most of us, but she's quite pretty, to be honest. In any case, I quickly apologized and she seemed to accept it. Looks like she was just hurt about her size and didn't see my actions as being insulting. That's a relief... since she's really a nice girl; she just needs to have some confidence in herself.

Your bemused writer,

Leona

Edited by Vocalia

Argh. This is making me extremely impatient. I've gendered male, and though I still have quite some time left, I want to grow up! I want to be an adult, with wings I can use for soaring, not pitiful fluttering attempts! Glam is excited too. She's already made plans to breed me to some second-gen PB female of a different breed. Lately she's been obsessed with pretty lineages like that. Anyway, I can't wait to grow up!

- Zaneit

Date: August 4, 2010

The GodOfTheDragons seems to be happy. Her Pillows have hatched, and she found two sunrise/ sunset eggs.

Now that her side is done, it's my turn. Every time I walk by Kiesha, she looks away embarrasedly. What gives? All I know is that Godsy wanted a girl Magi, and she recieved one. Now that Kiesha has her new mate Anubis, she stops doing that. Now, my little girl Shadow of Glee is really like me. In looks and in tastes. Hopefully, I can get her a mate that sticks with her.

Now that Ember dragon. He never stops hanging around me! What is wrong with him? More to note later.

-Shadow of Intent

Guess what?

My little Zaneit grew up! Yes, as with most dragons, it happened overnight. I woke up this morning and went to check on him, only to find that he wasn't curled up next to the hatchlings (by the way, we have two newly-hatched little dears). My panic turned into full-fledged chaos as I tore the cave apart looking for him. Then he trotted up behind me and chirped "Watsup, Mom?" And oh my gosh. He was an adult. My little Zaneit, who was, just the other day, begging me to let him go out and play in the woods (without adult supervision!) was an adult himself. He was a spitting image of his father, but hopefully Zaneit will turn out to be a better male than his father ever was, the no-good mrfhgplkgdayrgfluhm.

In two days (two long, impatient days) I will be able to breed again, but this time with a male other than Levi. I'm through with him- he never deserved me in the first place, and who does he think he is, just walking out on me while I'm juggling my social life and my parenthood while trying to stay attached to my mate?? Anyway, I found someone better for me- his name is Flamanjo, and unlike Levi (who is a Swallowtail like me) he's a Flamingo wyvern. Though I prefer purebred children, I won't mind as long as our offspring are Swallowtails like me, not Flamingos like him. But I'm sure they will take after me, breed-wise. I know they will!

That's all for now, journal!

- Mesora

Journal - dd/mm/yyyy

As a hatchling-sitter and a foster mother to many of the hatchlings, I've seen and experienced many things, some of which are probably rather surreal. However, never in my life would I expect myself to be a surrogate mother to a chicken.

Yes, a chicken.

I know what you're thinking: What's a chicken doing in a dragon's cave?

Well, it started when the Sciame Angel brought home a new batch of abandoned eggs and orphaned hatchlings. Among the hatchlings was a tiny little chick. At first, I thought that the Angel was just taking her along before eating her; humans do consume chicken on a normal basis. When she actually asked me and the sitter team to raise the chick, that's when the shock set in. It took me quite sometime until I could settle in with the fact that I'm raising a chicken. Still, the chick was surprisingly well-behaved until she matured. Now, she is sleeping with my other foster daughter Fedora. The two bond well with each other and Vashtel seems to have no problem with her. I'm so relieved...

Oh! She's up. I'd better get going. It's time for her daily grooming.

Jes D'Arcole

Journal - dd/mm/yyyy

As a hatchling-sitter and a foster mother to many of the hatchlings, I've seen and experienced many things, some of which are probably rather surreal. However, never in my life would I expect myself to be a surrogate mother to a chicken.

Yes, a chicken.

I know what you're thinking: What's a chicken doing in a dragon's cave?

Well, it started when the Sciame Angel brought home a new batch of abandoned eggs and orphaned hatchlings. Among the hatchlings was a tiny little chick. At first, I thought that the Angel was just taking her along before eating her; humans do consume chicken on a normal basis. When she actually asked me and the sitter team to raise the chick, that's when the shock set in. It took me quite sometime until I could settle in with the fact that I'm raising a chicken. Still, the chick was surprisingly well-behaved until she matured. Now, she is sleeping with my other foster daughter Fedora. The two bond well with each other and Vashtel seems to have no problem with her. I'm so relieved...

Oh! She's up. I'd better get going. It's time for her daily grooming.

Jes D'Arcole

I must say, Vocalia, I love your journal entries. They are so fun to read!

smile.gif

Dear Journal,

It's time for me to give a nest-status update! Currently we have five hatchlings- a female Magi, two ungendered Moonstones, as well as two ungendered Sunstones. We have one dead egg. It was supposed to be a vampire, but the bite failed. Poor Mask- she feels terrible that she killed the egg, and I assured her it was just a part of life. Other dragons have killed plenty eggs before. We also have a purebred, 2nd gen Daydream that our human wants to breed to Zaneit. We have a CB Magi egg (our human is obsessed with CB Magis, it seems) and a Sunstone that she wanted to give to someone. Then, the crown jewel of the bunch, is the Magma egg. Our human paired a Magma and a Magi (both CB, for a nice lineage) thinking they would refuse, but they actually produced a Magma egg. She was going to gift it, but we convinced her to let it grow up, breed it to a Magi, and gift from their offspring- the lineage would be a very nice one!

- Watermelon

Edited by glamoursea2

Dear journal,

A rather kind lady picked me up from the Abandoned Cave earlier today. She was aiming to grab a Whiptail, but they must have been too quick for her, since they kept running away from her. Then she saw me. I wanted to be like the Whiptails and slip out of her grasp, but eventually she caught me. When she brought me to the cave where her dragons reside, I met quite a few interesting characters, such as an electric dragon about my size and a pretty female moonstone named Moonbeam Angel, who was grabbed from the Abandoned Cave as a hatchling too. After I got to know the dragons under Nova's- that's who adopted me- care, she finally decided on a name for me- Rhythm of the Storm. And I quite like that name, it suits a gray dragon like me.

~Rhythm of the Storm

Dearest Journal,

This last month has been quite the interesting one. here have been so many births and rescues. There was even a trade and a gift.

My Mistress was in high spirits especially for the trade she had made. I'm quite happy for her, though my happiness is bittersweet. For it was my egg that was traded away. It was my first born and would have given me such wounderfull company in this lovely frozen corner of our ever expanding cave system. Gaeaf Benyw is a fine friend, but she grates upon my last nerve at times. She has a large family within our home, and she constantly wishes to brag about them. I cannot really blame her for it, for untill my rescue from that dismal cave of despair and abandonment, she was all alone in this section. It's far to cold for her children to visit regularly.

But the Mistress is kind to all of us. She always asks before she trades away one of our eggs, or allows one of the accursed ones to bite them. I am not to comfortable with them or the way they need to increase their numbers. But they serve a purpose in defending the young, eggs, and even the pygmies from predation.

As for the egg that was recieved in place of mine, he hatched just fine and is the loveliest young Nebula I have had the privelage of viewing. He's grown into a kind and respectful young fellow. And not nearly as vain as those smug Sunsongs. Seren Gwyrw (as the Mistress calls him) will father excellent childen one day.

The egg Mistress recieved as a gift grew to a rathy grumpy Two Headed male. But we are all pleased with that. For there will nolonger be the need to halt the growth of any more children. The ladies can now have as many of their own as they wish.

As for one last special find, Mistress found a fellow summoner in the cave. Though we don't speek often for I can not stand the intense heat of her lair, nor her my frozen home. We now seek the third to complete the circle and bring forth our beloved Guardian.

Rhewi Benyw

Edited by kauzlina

Dear Journal,

You will never believe what happened last night. Mesora laid an egg- our egg! It's a little Swallowtail egg, which I was relieved about- if we had bred a Flamingo wyvern, she would have been upset. She was thrilled, though, to have her child.

I'll start from the beginning.

When she first saw it, she shook her head, still registering the fact that this was hers. then she squealed happily and lunged for it, nuzzling it affectionately and curling around it. i approached her, and she began to growl, but then stopped and smiled warmly. I brushed my wing against the egg- my egg. inside its fragile shell, a baby dragon was developing, my son or daughter. Though i'd love a son, Mesora has her heart set on a female. neither of us are going to get a pink to influence it though.

That's all for now!

- F

Edited by glamoursea2