Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

June 23, evening

--

Nest status: hellfire hatchling, waterhorse hatchling, purple dorsal hatchling, two white hatchlings (one named Quyale), tan ridgewing hatchling, spring hatchling, nebula hatchling, vine hatchling, whiptail hatchling, summer egg, paper egg, deep sea egg, fogged purple dorsal egg, another purple dorsal egg.

(Hatchie overload. I can barely handle these little things now, and my journal entires don't take up a single page anymore, but I'm not complaining.)

Great. Wexeth has just brought in a sick purple dorsal egg, and some dragons actually suggested tossing it back! The little one really needed help, and they would just leave it there, in the wet and cold cave - I'm so disgusted, where are the morals? It's strange, though - we have no idea where the sickness came from. We can cure it, but there is no point if it gets ill again later.

Also, I have an uneasy feeling about the new dragon, Daraderakrak. Not only his name is difficult to remember (I actually had to check the records for it), he just feels odd. He spends all his time in the far corner of the main cave, muttering to himself, and I swear I have seen him resurrect a dead squirrel. I'll be keeping an eye on him, just to be sure.

Vapofabis, a spring seasonal dragon, the first nestkeeper of Thoiris

--------------------------------

June 23, evening

--

Again, the weekly report. Thank you for listening, and thank you for suggesting improvements also, I really appreciate it.

Thoiris has grown up and left our cave. There have, however, been reports of him seen in our territory, so don't worry about him vanishing completely.

You already know it - if you were not present, Vapofabis has surely told you -, there was a celebration on June 21. It had to be postponed because of some complications, unfortunately, so it was a month delayed.

Orlageddon, the human you surely know about, has been finally banished from the territories and she is never to come again. If you spot her, I hate to say it but you can feel free to kill her. We have been more than soft with her.

Due to bad health care, we keep expanding the family of white dragons, and we also try to get some vines to increase the clan's safety. There have recently been issues with food supplying, mainly fish and meat, which means we need more water dragons and hunters.

Next summoning: 28th June

New members since June 16: Iimu, Yaweth, Ferei Somnia, Rallethe, Omnian, Tawek, Evuwe, Naweque, Yamaw, Daraderakrak, Uroca, Kahadan, Yaise, Charlene, Ishate, Maialeh, Quyale, Hallis, Cyathan, Zeiwe, Sthalo

Edited by Orlageddon

The magical booby trap placed in Dirzen's den wasn't designed to do much damage. Anyways, it was a sucess. Once the trap was triggered, a bunch of spiders came after him. Or at least, that's what he thought. It was a mere illusion that would never actually harm him, I made sure of that. After the 'spiders' disappeared, I saw Dirzen tucked into his nest, whimpering. I felt a little bad for him, so I stuck around.

I don't think he'll be going in my den anytime soon, even without magical barriers around the enterance.

Ainuri

June 27, evening

--

Nest: nebula hatchie, white hatchie, purple dorsal egg (Dara's child), mint egg, paper egg, cheese egg

What's up with that annoying freak? He's half still a hatchling, barely matured, and he acts as if I were his servant! This is a note to Dara: no, I won't treat your child like something special, and so I won't let you care for it on your own since you're young and not responsible at all! Once it hatches, dad might let you take care of it, but not me! I get that you want to take care of it, but you might also get that I'm way more experienced with eggs than you! Understood, you little brat?!

Anyway. The sickly hatchling we had here has his wings now and he's been named Ayanar, but his growth seems to have stopped otherwise. It might have something to do with his illness. The mint and paper eggs are doing pretty well, but the cheese keeps melting; I've moved it into the back of the cave where it's colder.

Jawya, a spring seasonal dragonness, the second nestkeeper of Thoiris

Edited by Orlageddon

Spiders...I hate spiders. A lot appeared out of nowhere when I was going to sleep in my nest, and started coming after me. Some of them were HUGE too! I started screaming and flying around, trying to kill them off. This attracted the attention of the other dragons, but apparently they didn't know what was bothering me. Devious spiders! They disappeared when the others came, and just flooded back in when they left. The second time around, no one even bothered to come, thinking it was one of my pranks. Eventually, the repulsive insects went away to who knows where. I went back to my nest and tucked myself deeply in it. So if the spiders came back, they wouldn't be able to find me.

A while passed and I heard noises. These noises got louder and louder as they approached my den. I poked my head out, and suprise! Ainuri, the cranky Magi that I had fun with previously was staring at me. At this point I was worried, since the last thing I need right now is a ticked off dragoness who's more likely than not to want to turn me into a trough of pig slop, or something worse. She didn't seem very angry though. In fact, she looked vaguely pleased and calm! Since when has that happened? Anyways, Ainuri told me to explain to her what happened. After I told her the story, she told me that she had an idea where the spiders came from: her den. We had a brief exchange, then she left, saying something like "The spiders won't hurt you. They will be contained in my den for now and will be dealt with soon."

I hope they will be...

Dirzen, a CB Male Misfit Pygmy

Dear Diary,

Okay, so maybe you aren’t much of a diary. But if you ask me, a handful of crumbling leaves glued together with suspicious liquid is close enough. It totally sucks that I don’t have opposable thumbs. Maybe then I’d be able to actually hold a pencil and this thing would be useful. But instead I’m using this chunk of bark. Thanks to a mischievous red hatchling, it has been reduced to a lump of charcoal. But hey, I’m fine with that, because it actually writes. Anyway, I guess I should kick it off with a little bit about me. Okay, my name is Mesora Alunaya. I’m not what you’d call “the brightest bulb of the bunch” and I’m not exactly super gorgeous, don’t have a stupendous lineage (don’t have a lineage at all, really), and I’m not one of those bubbly, all-around-popular kind of she-dragons. I only have one friend. Her name is Charlotte Ei, but I call her Lottie. She’s a Bright Breasted Wyvern. Great name, isn’t it? I’m a Swallowtail, and I hate myself. There, I said it. Firstly, I’ve always been terrible at…well, everything. Flying was a struggle. Hunting was just…fail. Males never fancied me. Other females never bothered to make my acquaintance (Ha! A big word! I’m so smart!) Secondly, I’m kind of pathetic. It’s…embarrassing. I bred with a male old enough to be my father (I think…never bothered to do the math) and found out he was a total loser, not to mention cheating on me with a Nebula girl old enough to be his mother (again with not doing the math.) Thirdly…uh, I never really came up with a third thing. But I’m sure there is one. Wait! I just remembered! There is one thing I’m good at- being a mother (insert proud smile here.) I bred with that cheater-loser-old guy, and we had an egg. He was my son, Vanish In Vain. I call him Vain. He’s the pride and joy of my very existence. Then I found out my mate was cheating on me, and he became my ex. Then I fell into an “I fell so bad for myself, I’m a pitiful mess, don’t you feel bad for me?” mode. Then, long story short, Vain found out about his real father, and Mr. Handsome trotted along and I guess he pitied my stupidity, inner blonde-ness, and lame excuse for a life, because he became my mate and (so far) hasn’t betrayed me. We had a child together, another boy for me, named Xarell. Then I was bored and somehow ended up in the caves (did you hear of these new things called biomes? I just discovered them. They weren’t around when I was born. Shoot, now I feel all old) and snatched up three lovely CB Swallowtails like myself. I froze them just now, before they could gender (everything’s easier when you’re genderless) and named them after me. Mesora’s lovelies: Uno, Dos, and Tres! Mostly I did it because it made me feel creative. So basically, to wrap it up, my life is a series of fails and stumbles and screw-ups and a plethora (big word! Yay!) of “Wut?” moments. And I fill in the gaps with little self-pleasing things to make me feel like, you know, I’m not a total mistake. But I am. Whatevs.

~ Mesaya Alunora. Er, I mean, Meroya Asoluna. No, wait, it’s…it’s…crap! Where’s that scroll when you need it? I can’t even spell my own name!

Ah, Celeste has come back to the cave. She looks pretty banged up. I've been holding down the cave for her. The whites are trying to clean her up, but she refuses telling us we need to focus on the eggs. Suecune laid an egg, a summer seasonal, there are also two electric eggs, and a hell-flame wyvern. I am worried about the Wyvern, I have heard they are aggressive and mean. I hope to see Celeste later. Until then I wait.

Xatthias

My name totally sucks. Spicy Icy? First, what the hey is that supposed to mean? Second...let's just say the last time I tried to get near spicy food, my face melted. I can't help being an Ice dragon. But at least the males like me. They say I'm spicy. Whatevs...I don't have time for perverts. But what I do have time for is my mate. His name is Relapse. My owner says that is because his code looks like it. We had an egg- a cute little Hellfire egg- with an interesting code. it has four Fs in it and then a number. It's like this: fFFf# <---see, that's where the number goes. lowercase-capital-capital-lowercase. Interesting much? I'm excited for when it hatches. I just love children. But I guess this means I'm stuck with this guy. Forever. Ah, I can't complain. He's sweet and makes a good mate. Better him than some creepy weirdo. I'm not mentioning names, but...yeah. That's all for now.

Hey all, it's me, Watermelon Burrower. Being the head of the cave and all, i figured i should keep you updated.

Eggs:

- a Hellfire, proud spawn of Spicy Icy and Relapse

- a BBW, proud spawn of Charlotte Ei and Tevlev

- a Seawyrm Pygmy, proud spawn of Kia-Svet and Maschovlik

- two CB Waterhorse dragons (there would have been three, but in an attempt to create more of his kind, Coastal Killer the Vampire bit the third CB Waterhorse and it met a sudden end)

Hatchlings:

- Perch Upon A Cloud, a gray

- Lightning Eyes, a gray

- Ventriloquist's Revenge, a Misfit pygmy

- All My Secrecy, a Nilia pygmy

- And The Clouds Will Drift, a Terrae

Recent Events:

- hatchlings were named

- a hatchling grew up

- an egg was bitten

that will be all for now! ~ WB

Edited by glamoursea2

I'm scared.

[There, I said it. Happy?]

Sorry, I was growling at my neighbor. He/She is an egg as well. My egg shell used to be the safest, coziest place ever. I knew nobody would harm me when I was in here. But the surface started to crack and, well, I'm afraid something is wrong. I want to come out- its a tight squeeze in here- but the outside world is so...big. And scary. And new. It's all very overwhelming. I snuck a peek through one of the cracks this morning.

My egg is threatening to split in half! What do I do?

-Waterhorse Egg

[shut up, will ya? Some of us are trying to hatch here!]

Hey, it's me. The egg next to me is hatching, and so am I, but he/she keeps complaining. Ugh. He/she thinks the world is going to end because his sheltered haven is, well, crumbling. I would be nice and tell him "You're hatching, it's perfectly normal," and comfort him...

But i think i'll just let him wallow in fear for a little while longer. Hehe.

- Other Waterhorse Egg

Dear journal...

I've lived here enough to know that I will never be accepted. All that Artemis talks about is trading me away for a... well, a rarer egg. Even is she's the one that put my being into existence. My mother and Father are... unfriendly toward each other, and my mother can't care less if i get sent away. I'm hoping not... but I know that Artemis is planning to trade me away if she can. If not, she'll probably abandon me. What horrors. I've been growing in my egg for a while now, and I'm getting ready to hatch. but what will happen when I do? It seems like the traders prefer hatchlings more than eggs, adn that means that i won't see anyone again for a long, long time. Artemis isn't sympathetic, and she disapproves of my whiining. but how can I stop, when I'm about to move away from teh only home i've known to a outside world full of dangers? What if my new master freezes me?

Scared.

Thunder egg.

Dear diary- wait, that's not what I wanted to say. This isn't a diary. In fact, what am I even doing writing in a diary? I'm still technically an egg, even though there's a large enough hole to see through and write in my diary- if you could call it that. And what am I, male or female? Hopefully Nova will find out soon. I think it has something to do with the color of my flames, but I'm not so sure. I'm running out of stuff to say, so there's only one more word I can think of: Gelatin.

Dear journal,

My owner has taken care of me very well. I have grown my wings and my owner named me! He calls me Fierce Blue Fire, because i am a female hellfire wyvern, as he has told me. I am soon to grow up, and become an adult.

July 10, evening

--

I'm very late because of my recent absence, but you surely understand there was no way for me to report. This is still written in a rush so correct me if I've made a mistake somewhere in the report.

July 1, I, the nestkeepers and Wexeth had to leave for nine days because of some complications with the neighboring clans. Thank you for tolerating Kaini, the human who cared for the nest instead; Vapofabis knows her very well, otherwise he wouldn't let her tend to our young. As for the negotiating with the other clans, peace was ensured so there's nothing to worry about.

There are still some problems with food supplying, so if you eat meat and are not an official hunter, please leave most of the supplies for the hatchlings and weak. I'd like you to hunt for yourself as much as you can until we increase the number of red, water and black dragons.

Next summoning: probably July 13

Zaraya, a whiptail dragonness, the archess of Thoiris

So earlier today I found out I was a girl, and right afterwards this other dude (he's pretty weird, no joke) found out he was, well, a dude. I was like "Oh brother..." because I bet you a million gold eggs that he's gonna fall in love with me. Either that, or totally hate my guts. >u<

This dragon came up to me, and I didn't know it at the time, but he was a Mint dragon. I thought he was one of the little geckos that scurry around in the cave and I tried to eat him, but he just laughed. i gave him the "what-the-heck-you're-a-nut" look. What's so funny about being eaten? .__.

My name is Deliquescent, which means liquid, I think, because I look like I'm made of water. I can hardly walk on my wobbly legs. I'll work on that though. I really liek water puddles, and getting muddy, and this one chick, Charlotte Ei (her son is one of my friends, his name is Taylor Ei) fusses over me when I'm a mucky mess. -___-

And I'm starting to creep myself out because I keep looking over at Aqueous Ryu (the werd dude) and thinking "Hey...he's not bad...he's actually kinda cute..." but not fluffy-kitten cute. I mean cute-guy cute. O_o

Save me from my teenage girl hormones before I start to like him and his big majestic head frill thing! D:

Dear Diary,

Oh my goodness, how everything has changed since I last wrote in you! We've been in such a terrible mess! Our owner, tinakhal, had left us for a while, to go to what she calls 'school.' I'm not sure what it is, but Najih knows about it. After all, she's a paper dragon. She knows everything!

But anyways, tinakhal said that we could all take care of ourselves, and she might come back in a year or two. It took her quite some time to leave, as I myself refused to let her leave. I actually went as far as to block the cave entrance, but I was outrun by the two little kiss-ups, tina NOT Tina and tinakhal NOT Tinakhal. The little twerps, always pamper our master. Anyways, Mulhim, Nejat, Amreen, TJ's Thuwed, and I took her to the sea, where we bid our final farewell, and Shaminah came and gave her a ride across the sea. It was a very tearful good-bye.

How I missed her so! But, as much as I missed her, I knew she would always remember us, and she was right, we were grown up now, we could take care of ourselves. And we did, for about a year.... It was quite boring. We all kept our cave clean, talked to each other on a daily basis, and cared for the frozen young ones. But other than that, it was such a BORING life. I missed when tinakhal was here. However, as boring as it was, we were definitely in peace. Our owner did visit us, just the once, in June of 2010. But she left without a word, which saddened us old-timers greatly. From there, we continued our normal routine...

Then....it was a hot summer morning, yet our souls felt like a cold winter night. It had been exactly a year since we last saw our master.... A year too long, to be exact. That night, the rowdier of the dragons rebelled. And of course, the little ones thought it was just a game, so they joined in. That night was chaos... What happened was that everyone was feeling quite exhausted from what we call 'Beat the Heat Summer Release.' We had to go to many different users' scrolls, just to greet the new species. While we were wandering others' caves, we met an extremely rowdy group. They were funny, and seemingly nice, but they had a certain....odor to them. They smelled strange, like they drank something weird. However, as much as I hated the odor, I myself had to admit it seemed pleasant. Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to tell this to Amreen and her husband, both whom are considered to be the replacement leaders.

Amreen and me started debating about the Rowdy Dragons' Cave. Should we go in, or not? At the time, I truly did have a bad feeling about it. But my curiosity was overwhelming, and I also wanted to take a fun risk... It wasn't my worst decision ever, but certainly not my best. Ultimately, we went to their Cave, and we talked to them, some of the single dragons showed off their skills, trying to find a mate, and it was fun.

Edited by tinakhal

Dear Diary,

It's been quite a while since I've wrote in here- but I lost it somewhere, so yeah. Nova's found out that I'm a male dragon today, because she obviously forgot to check when I was a matured hatchling. Well, you can't blame her for being lazy, can you? Anyways, I'm kinda bored- there's no other dragons where Nova's place is. Let's hope that those other eggs she got will hatch soon.

Sincerely,

Sora Blazedawn

Dear diary,

Nova recently got a new dragon egg- a Nillia Pygmy, I've heard. Curious about what she's gonna name it, but that all depends on gender. Ugh, it's so quiet here, aside from Nova's occasional crazy outbursts when she's not reading some book about cats, drawing or eating lime tortilla chips.

Sometimes I worry about her....

Sincerely,

Sora Blazedawn

Can you believe it? I never pictured myself with him but...what can I say? We're happy together, and that's all that matters. We even laid our first egg- I'm very proud of it and extremely excited for it to hatch!

XOXO,

Deliquescent

Dear Diary,

YAY my fourth entry. Most people freak out over 5, but I prefer 4- it's different. And there's a special theme for this entry- theme songs. You see, Nova's been going crazy about theme songs lately, mostly for something that she has a weird obsession with called Organization XIII. I don't really know what songs she chose for them, but I bet they aren't the best, but not the worst, either. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go make Nova find a theme song for me.

Sincerely,

Sora Blazedawn

Dear Diary,

Well, Nova's finally thought of a theme song for me- but this isn't Sora Blazedawn. This is Demyx Mistflight, a water dragon hatchling. I don't know why she names some of her dragons after video gme characters- I've heard that she once owned an albino named Axel Firegaze. It's dead now.... but she'll get over it sooner or later. Anyways, Sora's been super excited since we came! I guess he was just lonely or something. We have an electric dragon egg that might hatch soon, so... bye, I guess!

~Demyx Mistflight

Edited by NovaEcto

War has come and lives now

I haven't reported in a while and I am sorry for that, may Head Guardian forgive me.

Outcast Caves has been busy raising eggs for other caves instead of our own right now, instead of risking the mint-raid for eggs for our own gain. The other side of the caves know these eggs are for other cave-owners, as we have papers to show it. Darkshadow has noted this in a talk we've had with the Head Guardian. Only then did we see that Zail was there alongside Darkshadow. One of the spies figured out afterward that Zail somehow managed to work his way up to Darkshadow's second in command counting himself. That surprised the Frozen Clan greatly. They now work harder than ever to gain new information for our side of the Caves. One has recently reported that DH has been sited more often, now out of the dark hole of a prison Darkshadow had put her in thanks to Zail. We still can't figure out how to get both of them back though. I do have to cut this short, more reports have just come in.

~Shadenights of the Frozens

Dear diary,

Nova's introduced me to a water dragon- a female named Demyx Mistflight. And... she likes me. I like her. My element's fire, and hers is water. What's so wrong with that? We currently have only one egg- but Demyx wants more. I swear, that woman's crazy about eggs. Crazy, I tell you. I'm trying to lay down some ground rules, something along the lines of 'one breed per week'- that's the limit, anyway. I think she agrees, but you never know what you're gonna get with Demyx- it's like one of those prize machines you find at the grocery store with the plastic bubbles.

Sincerely,

Sora Blazedawn

-----------------------------

Dear Diary,

Yes. Yes! YES!!! Me and Sora- and eggs! Well, only one egg right now. But I hope there's more to come in the future. The egg is the same species as Sora- heh, kinda funny if you think about it. Opposites attract, I guess! Anyways, I'm hoping that if Nova abandons our egg, it'll go to a loving owner who'll treat it right. And if she doesn't abandon it? Even better! Nova, if you're reading this, please don't abandon it, and if you DO decide to give it away, try and find someone that'll be a good owner for it.

~Demyx Mistflight

Edited by NovaEcto

Dear diary,

Oh, uh, hey! This is my first entry, I guess. My name's Zexion Cloudshadow, a purple dorsal hatchling. Why she named me after a video game character, I don't know. But there ARE three others named after characters from the same video game. There's Larxene Sparktail, Demyx Mistflight, and Sora Blazedawn. And get this- we have a Magi dragon in our house named The Orange Juice

Wizard. Heh, Nova's a weird person.

~Zexy

Next Page

Journal, entry one -

Not long after I grew my wings, my owner gave me to someone - today, in fact. She squealed in delight when she saw me.

I do miss my old owner but this place isn't so bad. I met a dragon made of cheese - a dragon they call Ace. Ace of Fours.

My owner - my new owner - is a strange little girl, but the dragons around here seem to like her.

They say her name is "Aqua."

Not long ago I saw her carry in two eggs from the desert, a blue and an orange, with a happy but worried and sad look on her face. She was mumbling about someone named Coral, hoping she would show up soon, Silver dragons, and what she was going to name the dragons when they hatched.

Quite strange.

Luck scares me. She's always in a bad mood - not that you wouldn't expect a Hellfire to be any other way.

There's another hatchling. They call her Error - she's not much younger than me, but more... serious. She sometimes guards the eggs. You can hear her at night, saying "I see you" whenever a dragon or Aqua walks by.

Then there's Black. He's not even a black - he's a Pebble. He always seems to like adventure.

There's also an Ochredrake - they call her Potato. She doesn't like some of the dragons - or any of them, really.

Aqua tells me my name is Space. I like that name a lot... it's rather fitting.

I used to look at the sky at night, when I was with my old owner, and I can see a silver thing floating near the moon - and it's not a star.

I can still see it. I still don't know what it is.

- Space

Edited by aquamarine__

Dear diary,

A strange female, who goes by the name of NovaEcto, keeps visiting me and the Neotropical dragon egg that I obtained through.... certain means. Her intentions seem benevolent, but she only visits for the egg, which is close to hatching. I've seen her take hatchlings and bring them to her house. Is that what she's planning to do? I don't know for sure. But I'll find out eventually....

~Dawnwish

((WLIIA reference ftw. x3 Uh, this entry is rather boring and stuff, but whatever.))

((Edited for Department of Redundancy Department))

--

I found another page of Space's journal. I almost stopped myself from posting it, but here it is:

Previous Page | Next Page

Journal, entry two -

When I woke up today, I checked on the eggs, and surprisingly, one of them had hatched. Aqua was very happy to see it had hatched; it was another one like Luck - a Hellfire.

I met another of the dragons today, a Pink named Companion. She was a kind dragon, and she takes care of the hatchlings.

Aqua said she froze the new Cheese hatchling; he didn't seem too happy, stayin a hatchling forever and all.

Not much else has happened today, really.

I saw the silver orb in the sky again, glowing a bright blue- but I saw another, glowing pink. I still don't know what they could be.

Somehow I feel it has to do with me and the others, but I'm most likely just crazy... although, when you think two glowing things in the sky have something to do with you, you don't know what to do next.

I'M NOT KIDDING! I don't know what to do next!

-Space

Edited by aquamarine__