Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dear journal,

It's hard writing without arms or legs, and it's even harder having to write with my tail. And something exciting happened- we found a Thunder egg, and it recently hatched! Now all we need is an Ice, and our trio will be complete! Ooh, so exciting! It's name is Zheio D'hennegel, and always sneezes whenever he's around Moonbeam Angel, a Moonstone. Maybe Zheio's allergic to her feathery wings?

~Zherian

P.S: Moss Silvano is an adult now, and she's REALLY bossy, but still a bit fun.

Date: August 18, 2011

Mood: Wistful

We have a daughter. Oh, I'd dreamed of this day since I was a hatchling- the day I would have a child of my own, to love and to be proud of. If only she were here, if only she knew I was her mother. I am able to view other people's scrolls and see how my little hatchling is doing- just the other day she had no gender, and only stubby wings that were as useless as wet paper to her. But now her colors are vibrant and distinct, the brightest blue I cold imagine, and she is capable of flying as far as she would like...but she can never fly to me. I can never see her for real- my daughter is only a drawing on a scroll, nothing more. She has no name yet, but I don't mind. I wish I could hold her under my wing and feel her heartbeat against my skin and grasp the concept of having a daughter. Ight was acting odd when I told him, mumbling and storming off. I guess he's taking it pretty rough- all of his children are rather detached from him. His daughter never speaks to him, but then, neither does my son. But I can handle this better than him, this separation from my child, because as a mother all I care about is the safety and well-being of my little darling. She's healthy and happy? That's great. She's got plenty of friends? Couldn't be happier. She views another adult as her mother? Fine with me. As long as she's happy, I know I am. But I miss her...

- Satin Gloves

Dusk Divide Dragon Keep Journals: Previous Page - Next Page

Dear Diary,

My mate is so cheeky! Zirhgnitas was reading over my shoulder when I was writing my last entry and told me, "You sound like a dumpy mother hen! You're more affected by that 'female perception' you accused Esterlle of conforming to." That rubbed my scales the wrong way. I couldn't help the way I love most little ones, it's the very reason I was appointed as one of the caretakers. We had a spat and agreed to spend time apart, and of course he went straight to Iquique, that red female he mates with sometimes. I hope I don't lose him... However much of a tease he is, he's still the best mate I've had by far.

I spent most of today comforting Omiduhr, who mated for the first time with the blue stripe Sangrazul. The worst part of it was that Shay had forgotten that she was overburdened with eggs, and was expecting a pink egg to donate. Instead, my daughter laid a white stripe egg that rolled off the eggs we had and into the abandoned land! Shay is still troubled by the loss. She said that she would have kept it, since stripes are rather rare at the moment.

It's been so busy lately, I would've neglected my caretaking duties if Uqiki Silversky hadn't reminded me to check on her newly hatched child. Uqiki's little one got into trouble when it almost touched the freezing ice egg. Shay's been planning to donate that one to someone who needs it.

It's much safer around the pillow egg, the first we've had in a long time. Our two pillow dragons who are usually absent from the Keep actually have been showing up for the past few days to check on it. I guess they're interested in getting more kin.

- Strykiir

Edited by ShaydraSilversky

As I hatched, there were some dragons a bit bigger than me around. They had watched the egg, nearly twice their size, hatch. I had come out. Then, I was immediatly surrounded by tons of dragons. "Where's Demyx?" "Where is he?" "How will he know?" "He's so far away!" they said. I wondered what this.. Demyx thing was. Suddenly, there was a streak of orange. I looked up, and there was a boy in a black coat. He saw me, and crouched down. His arm went down. "Come on up." he said. I looked at the... thing and scampered up it's arm. He smiled. I think it like this thing! I thought. "I'll call you..." they started. "Item of Gods Bronze." they finished. There was a loud roar. Demyx put me down to play with another hatchling, named Saixs Blue Moon. Demyx ran off to break up a fight between Pyromaniac Axel and Axel Cuffs. There was a low growl as Axel Cuffs shot away. Pyromaniac Axel skulked into the cave, and went into a 'room' as Demyx called it. Suddenly, there was two streaks of crimson. It was Dead1 and Peapole. I thought I could join them in a game. I ran after them, and jumped on one. We were a flurry of Crimson and Bronze, and then Peapole crashed into a wall. I got up and ran away. I hid behind the orange dragon. I learned that her name was Xigbar Cuffs. I really like this family!

~Item of Gods Bronze

Well. That took a while to write.

Edited by dangershy

Previous Journal - Next Journal

Dear diary,

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! Oh my! Oh my!

Oh, I'm sorry? Why am I panicking?

No, diary. I'm not panicking. I'm excited!

Truthfully, I haven't seen Leona these past few days. Cantarella mentioned something about a bet... At first, I'm not too sure of what it could be... but then, when I was doing my routine flight, I saw Leona together with Yuraku in his nest. I didn't really want to disturb them since I thought they were having a private time together, until I saw what Leona was cuddling.

It was an egg! A Moonstone egg!

I certainly know that the Sciame Angel didn't bring in any of that kind of egg today, so I told the hatchling-sitters, the Angel herself and Cantarella. They squealed and called all the other dragons! Even the hatchlings were excited. We all went to Gawa Island and checked up on the egg. As it turned out, my gut feeling, along with the others', was right!

That egg is their egg! Leona and Yuraku are mates now!

Everyone was happy and gave them their congratulations! The Angel was especially thrilled; the two are the first dragon parents in the entire archipelago! Jes and Chlorophia offered to help look after the egg, but Leona replied that she wanted to incubate the egg herself. Once it hatches, she would bring it into the cave so the hatchling could make friends. Little Ember hatchling Gousuke, named by the Angel, jumped around and nudged at the egg. He hoped for it to hatch female. Sakura offered to influence the egg with Yuraku and Leona's consent and they happily agreed, so she did just that. Yuraku said that Leona wished for a female hatchling, causing the latter to blush and stammer.

We decided to leave the two alone to rest and look after the egg. This would be a joyful occasion remembered for a long time.

Talk to you soon~!

Ar Ciel

Edited by Vocalia

GO AWAY MARLUXIA.

Sorry, Marluxia is annoying me again. I just want him to leave me alone for once. And here comes Axel...

--

I'm back now. Well, Zexion is hiding away again, as usual, Marluxia and Larxene are jumping around like children, playing with the new hatchling, Item of Gods Bronze. I taught the little one how to read and write a while ago. So now, the little one is playing with Marluxia and Larxene. I don't know how the little one can stand those two. And apparently, recently.... Demyx Cuffs became Xemnas' father-in-law. Hide me from him. Demyx, our owner, has gone off to hunt for some eggs. I hope he comes back soon. Pyromaniac Axel and Axel Cuffs are in another fight. God, they always fight. They need to quit it. Oh yeah, my little Repliku is getting better at protecting us. Xion is chewing on herself at the moment, I better go stop her before she eats herself.

--

There we go. I dumped a bucket of pepper on her. Now she thinks that every time she chews herself, pepper will fall on her. Aaaand Marluxia is coming back now...

~Vexen Cuffs

Date: August 19, 2011

Mood: Content

It seems one of our hatchlings has developed and odd talent- or perhaps talent is not the word for it. It is an ability, and a supernaturally odd one at that. Istci- the ungendered purple hatchling that has taken a liking to me and now follows me around wherever I go- can make her/himself...invisible. I discovered this the other day when leading Istci over to the prey pile, planning to introduce the little thing to the delicacy that is fresh-killed prey, and when I turned around to say something Istci wasn't there.

I launched into panic mode for a moment, and after it became very clear that I couldn't find the little rascal, I began calling out "Istci! Istci, darling, where are you?" I've sort of taken Istci as my adopted child, to patch up the gap in my heart that was left when my darling egg was taken away from me. A pair of small paw-like forelegs tugged at my wing and Istci's little voice chirped "I'm right here!"

I soon warmed up to the fact that Istci had turned invisible for a moment there, literally. But the poor dear seems to have no control over it- one moment Istci is happily trotting along and the next moment the small thing is nothing more than the sound of footsteps behind me. I am impressed with this odd ability. Call it a superpower if you'd like, because that is what many of the others have referred to it as. Poor Istci is utterly confused. When Istci passed by a group of dragons, murmuring voices and gossiping females erupt. Istci doesn't understand that it is an abnormal thing he/she can do, but I won't treat the little one any differently because of it. Ight agrees, and has taken Istci as his own. I see the two of them playing, and it is a sight to behold. Ight was nothing more than a storm of dark emotions yesterday- now he is laughing and romping about with his new-found progeny. It satisfies me in a way I'd never have thought possible.

I realized something the other day. I realized that no matter how much I yearned after my daughter, I don't have any love for her. I don't know her personality, her skills, the sound of her voice...I don't know what kind of lovely young lady she is becoming, and she is just a thought to me, a picture on a scroll, whereas Istci is the living breathing ball of vibrant energy curled up at my side right now. And I love it. Now if the genderless thing would hurry up and gender, that would be nice! Have I taken up a daughter, have I taken up a son? I would assume Istci is a little girl, because I think that only influencing results in a male purple, but who am I to say? Only time will tell.

- Satin Gloves

Date: August 19, 2011

Mood: Relaxed

Glam is starting to get on my nerves for two blaring reasons: one, she makes horrible, horrible mistakes and doesn't think through anything she does! and two, when she makes these mistakes, she doesn't stop complaining about them. She made one of the reds incubate a Pillow egg so it would hatch sooner and she would have space on her scroll to breed her magmas and ices. Then she would get a valuable egg to trade for more pillows. A foolproof plan, right? Well, when the Pillow egg hatched, she forgot what she was doing...and went and picked up a useless CB. She is too impatient to wait 5 hours to abandon it, which in my opinion is just plain stupid, and so she made a Vampire bite it. Hesitantly, the Vamp obeyed, and the egg was killed. So now, instead of waiting 5 hours, she has to wait 24 hours.

Yes, I understand she's upset, but it was her stupid fault, and now I have to listen to her complain about it! She could have summoned, or bred a Trio, or caught something valuable, but no. She picks up a stupid Dorsal, thinking maybe- just maybe- it could be a red dorsal. And it turns out to be purple. Oh Glam...I know I should respect you because if it weren't for you I wouldn't be here right now, but honestly? How did you even make it to a silver trophy? You have no brain! You kill everything you look at!

On top of that, all the hatchlings had the unfortunate luck to witness the killing of an egg. I cringed when they all gasped as the egg split in half and the remains of what would have been a hatchling spilled across the floor. The little Gray, Opalescent Haze, vomited in the corner. The two black hatchies, both males, sat there with pale faces, looking thoroughly traumatized. The poor Vamp shuffled his feet and dashed away, looking very embarrassed. The poor thing! He wouldn't have done it on purpose, but Glam forced him to. Istci was extremely confused. She (I'm almost certain it's a girl) furrowed her brow and pestered me with questions like "Why wasn't there a baby dragon inside?" and "Why didn't the egg turn into a Vampire?" and "Why didn't Glam just wait until she could abandon it?" I did have an answer to that last one, to which I calmly replied "Glam did that because she wasn't thinking clearly, and she acts sometimes as if she has no brain." To this, Istci giggled nervously, as if she were afraid to agree with me.

Then one of the females, a Pillow dragon named Bear Hug, cried out "Where is it? Where's my little hatchling?" The hatchling she was referring to was a CB Pillow, ungendered, that she had scooped up and declared her own. I glanced over to the Nest and sure enough we had only four hatchlings instead of five. Meanwhile Istci was curled up next to me. Well, this only inspired a frenzy, and soon everyone was tearing the place down to find the missing hatchling. I searched only a little, sure that the missing little one was nearby, hiding in an obvious place, and we were all to panic-stricken to realize it. But after a great amount of time went by, it became obvious that Cozy Puffball (that is its name) wasn't here.

I decided to set out with some of the others, including Ight, to find Puffball. Istci insisted that she tag along, so I sighed and let her come with us if she promised to stay close to me. I knew she wouldn't be able to walk the whole way, and even though she said she would be strong and help us the entire time, halfway through our forest patrol she ended up fast asleep on my back, shielded by my wings. I cherish her company- her heartbeat against my scales, her soft paws digging into my back. She is my darling, dear daughter and nobody is going to tell me otherwise.

We were just about to turn around and go home when I heard something- a soft wail on the breeze. I have exceptionally good hearing for a dragon, and my ears can detect the slightest change in tone or pitch, as well as a distant cry for help. I gasped and took off sprinting, not caring whether or not the others followed me. They did. As I ran, the cries became clearer, and I knew I was close. Then I skidded to a halt and looked up- there, tangled in the branches, was Puffball. The crazy little nut had decided on an unsupervised adventure and had gotten itself stuck! While I was chuckling to myself, Ight soared up and perched on the branch, allowing Puffball to climb on his back. Poor Puffball was mewing pitifully- yes, apparently Pillow meow, in a manner much like cats- and trembling with fear, but eventually he/she got home safely.

Instead of returning to the cave, I wanted to stay out here and write in my journal. The cool air and fading sunset would help calm my nerves- I was a bit annoyed by Glam, and my heart was still racing from the rescue-mission sprint! Ight took the sleeping Istci home and left me up here, cradled by a mess of branches, to relax and unwind and gaze out into the sky and think...I have it all. A beautiful home, a caring owner, a loving mate, and a precious daughter- and no, I'm not talking about my Nebula girl, whom I don't even know. I'm talking about Istci. I adore her with all my heart, and I would die for her- I can't say the same for my other children.

I probably won't write for the rest of the day- I'm likely to fall asleep any minute now. So I guess this is good night, journal. I will see you when I wake, whenever that may be, and hopefully I'll have time for some good dreams of my future family before Ight comes out here to get me.

- Satin Gloves

Edited by glamoursea2

Dear journal,

*cuddling with new Ice egg* Sorry, it's just so nice and cold.... Anyways, we have an Ice egg now, and if it hatches, guess what? WE GOT A COMPLETE TRIO!!! Plus, Caramel Swirl Marshmallow gendered female, and Overtoasted is hoping that it'll be a male. I think I know why *wink* There's also this really nasty-smelling egg that Nova got. I keep trying to convince her to abandon it, but she refuses. Eh, I guess it might be a fun friend once it hatches.

~Zherian

Dusk Divide Dragon Keep Journals: Previous Page - Next Page

Journal,

Sigh. The Keep Overseer had me mate Axilmus again, that cowardly green stripe. She got the black stripe she wanted, but she traded it away for a wildborn gray hatchling for the Silversky Clan, with more coming soon as owed. At least the last wildborn Silversky hatchlings grew up already to make room.

The Keep Overseer's really getting into the trading business. I am thinking all this negotiation with other dragonkeeps will come to naught. Our Keep is much better on its own. I could care less, but our lord Arachke has us watching over Keep affairs. As if we could make a difference, with only three of us in the Coal Guard.

No, the only thing I care about right now is that flighty young nebula, Esterlle. So young and daring. Anbarrius, the alpha of the Coal Guard, tells me sternly to keep my eyes on our duty to our lord, but at least he has the black marrow for a mate. Orders are orders though, and she is probably not interested in a mate. And I would make a horrible mate for someone like her, I'm sure.

- Draikoor, omega of the Coal Guard

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait, you want me to tell you what I think of this place? Why'd you grab that wad of paper? You're going to write down what I say? Okay, I'm scared, but don't tell anybody, kay?

Just a while ago I was snuggled and comfy with the others, dozing off. And then suddenly my owner lifts me out of the nest and starts chanting a spell! There was an orangey flash and I felt like I was being squished. And then I ended up in some other magi's claws in a completely different place.

Some nice person told me that she was the Keep Overseer and that I was now a dragon of the Dusk Divide Dragon Keep. I think it's a scary place. There are loads more dragons than back home, especially grays like me! So many grays! I didn't think so many were even alive! A buncha them crowded around me and welcomed me after the Keep Overseer named me... what was it? Etranje Silversky?

They told me I was now part of the Silversky Clan. I'm so confused right now. I thought I was part of the Dusk Divide Dragon Keep? Can I go back home yet? This is my new home? Oh... well, you're nice and all, but I really wanna go back home. Please?

- Etranje Silversky's words, recorded by Magistrette

20/08/11

Dear Journal,

Well,after I got Evil Steve away from Cheesicle,in came a little chicken egg.A CHICKEN EGG??Everyone was crowding round and yelling and chatting,it was chaos.When me and Dreamwave finally calmed everyone down,Inca came and explained that she was gifted it and it shall be treated as if it was just another dragon in the cave.Then the glory egg hatched into a nightglory and was whisked away to another and in came an adorable little female Albino hatchy.The little guardian has hatched,but hasn't gendered yet.Oops,have to go,g'night!

XOXO,

♥Meiffy♥

The diary of a chicken:

20/08/11

Dear journal,

WHAT THE SANDWICH.Let me tell you my story.I was sitting in a little nest of straw,with my mother quietly watching over me.Next thing I know,cold,pale fingers are lifting me away and I'm placed with a group of not-so-rare eggs at the front of a cave.Dragons crowd around me and yell and scream.I sit there for days.I mean,come on,I could at least be with eggs of my own status,you know,rare.But no,I was stuck in the middle of about three greens and waters,no nest,with people staring at me.Then my egg cracks and in comes a cold draft.Oh,joy.The hole gets bigger and bigger,till this big orange dragon drags me up and with some sparkles,MORE WIND and a blur,I'm whisked into another pair of hands,but these hands are warm.I am placed between a little guardian egg,which shuffles forward to protect me from the wind,and a glory egg.But,the happiness end there.There are still dragons whooping and screaming all around me.Then my egg cracks away and I'm a little yellow,feathery dragon.I don't know why,but everyone keeps calling me a chicken.There is ABSOLUTELY NO reason for that,but its seems they enjoy insulting me.Well,anyways,I better say good-I AM NOT A CHICKEN YOU IDIOTS!!!

-WHO SAID I'M A CHICKEN-8>

Edited by arabian sparkle

Date: August 20, 2011

Mood: Amused

It is always so interesting when the eggs begin to hatch. As the first crack appears, the hatchlings always gasp and squeal excitedly "It's hatching! It's hatching!" The older hatchlings silence them gently and all the youngsters crowd around The Nest to watch it hatch. Usually it takes hours, so hatchlings take a break and go off to play. When they return to The Nest, either to sleep or check in on the eggs, the crack has grown larger. Sometimes a hole has developed where the shell has peeled away.

Currently, two of our Pillow Eggs have gaping holes in them, but all oyu see when you look inside is darkness. Istci was peering into the egg earlier, and curiosity got the best of her as she began to reach inside, appalled that there was a living creature in there. I pulled her away quickly but gently, instructing her not to disturb the fragile life developing inside the egg. Yes, the hatchling was likely to pop out any moment, but it wasn't quite ready, like a fruit on a tree- however deceivingly delicious it may look on the outside, the inside is not yet ripe enough for eating.

Istci continues to amaze me as she discovers the world around her. Just this morning, she wandered out of the cave before I had even woken up. Moments later, she came sprinting back into the cave like she had seen a ghost and catapulted herself into my lap, shielding herself with my wing like it was some sort of blanket! While I was laughing, she looked pale in the face. Eventually I asked her what had frightened her so much, and she told me of a long water dragon she had seen in the forest- stretched out across the ground. Now this was becoming an interesting tale- I had her show me this "water beast" that she described to look like a snake.

Water beast! How hatchlings perceive unfamiliar things is always so amusing! It was no dragon, but it was made of water- a river that winds throughout our territory. Istci had never seen one before. When I explained that a river is just a continuously gushing source of water, she immediately began to ask me questions, the kind of intelligent questions no average hatchlings would ask. She asked me where the water came from, and I replied the ocean. Then she asked why the ocean had salt in it, why it was blue but when you hold it in your hands it is clear...oh my! A conversation with her is like a full marathon. But it is amazing to help her mind expand, to see her eyes light up when she gets an idea or thinks of a question. Sometimes I have no answers for her- she has to think of them herself. She is, I'm beginning to think, even smarter than me! Ight laughs at this, but I'm serious!

Oh, and by the way, our daughter has been named. It is a beautiful name, a lovely combination of Ight's and I. Her name is Satin Midnight- how exquisite, how perfect! That is all for now, journal- I shall be busy for the rest of the day. I have eggs to care for, to make room in The Nest, because tomorrow I will be able to breed again!

- Satin Gloves

Big plans, big plans. Everyone's got big plans for me in the future. Apparently I'm to be bred to some other dragon of my kind, and start a big lineage. I'm only a hatchling, and already the cave is buzzing with news of my future! To be honest, I'm a little nervous- everyone expects so much from me. I'm almost too scared to leave my nest, but then I guess I don't exactly have to. I'll just stay here, next to this warm egg. It keeps me company, in confusing times like these. Why would they choose my own mate for me? Why can't I choose for myself? Why would they lay out my future like a path before me, and force me never to stray from it? It's not fair!

- Jezietse

Dear journal,

YUCK. Nova's nasty-smelling egg is hatching, and it smells even worse now. Plus I just found out that I'm a male. That seems to please Nova, but she was hoping for a female. I wonder what kind of hatchling will emerge from that egg Nova got- probably something revolting.

~Zherian

Mood: Lonely

Earlier today, after I wrapped up my most recent journal entry, Istci pounced into my arms and clambered up onto my shoulders. She doesn’t have her wings yet, so she often begs me for a ride. I couldn’t resist her twinkling blue eyes and her pleading tone, so I agreed. I padded out to the furthest part of the forest, where nobody would interrupt us as we played and talked and laughed and spent time together. It was our place, our secret area. It was the place my mother used to take me. Yes, I am a CB dragon- but I had a mother when I was little. Most CB hatchlings latch onto the first female they see, be it a dragon or a human. It’s an instinct, the need to have a mother, a role model to look up to and love. CB hatchlings don’t have real parents, but they need someone to teach them the basic rules, and to look after them and make them feel wanted.

When I hatched, my blurry gaze rested on her. It was an instant bond- the second our eyes made contact, I knew she had to be mine. Something in her blue stare sang out to me, and I clambered eagerly out of my shell. On wobbly legs I stumbled up to her. It was a challenge for me, being so little and new, but it was my only goal at the time. I was desperate to be with her, to claim her before another hatchling did. Finally I made it, and collapsed gratefully into her soft feathers. She was white as snow, and carried around this glowing staff. She said it allowed her to heal others who were wounded or ill. Her name was Soul Angel, and though she was old, she was mine. I was certain of it.

As I got older and developed my gender, it became increasingly clear that I wasn’t here offspring. First, I had no father. I had never asked her about him, but I began to notice that other hatchlings had mothers and fathers, and I only had one parent. Secondly, we looked very different. Her wings were feathered, but mine were elongated ridges of scales and skin that ran down my back. Third, on our owner’s scroll, she was able to view our lineages that had been tracked all the way from our CB ancestors…my lineage consisted of a picture of me. That was the big hint that told me I was a CB hatchling, but I didn’t mind. I still love Soul Angel, and she loved me. Everyone remarked that we were the cutest couple, and I was proud she had taken me up as her daughter.

When I grew up, we drifted apart. For my first few days of adulthood I was utterly confused. I had a new body to get used to, and everyone looked at me differently. I was no longer the cute little hatchling that females gushed over and all the hatchlings wanted to play with. I wasn’t Soul Angel’s little baby anymore. I had new responsibilities, a new life waiting ahead of me, and I was frightened. I clung to her like bees on honey, and bless her heart, she tolerated me. Eventually I sucked it up and stepped into the light, confident and ready to face this new life. But when I did so, I left Soul Angel behind. She still sits in the shadows, watching me with pride in her eyes. I miss her, and I’ll make it a point to be with her again, but I can’t just ditch Istci. Soul Angel would understand.

Well, back to what I was saying previously. After a brief fly around the territory, we landed at the edge of our little island, on the beach. Istci had never been to the beach before- she bounded off excitedly with a gleeful squeal and I giggled as her eyes widened, taking in the mass of seawater that lay before her. Frothy, white-tipped waves lapped at the sandy shore, tugging at her little feet. She hesitantly stepped into the water, and it came up to her belly. She looked afraid of the water, as if it would sweep her away any minute, and leaned forward to sniff it only to inhale a gulp of salty liquid! While I was rolling around in the sand, laughing and feeling the warmth of the sun on my back, so wrinkled her nose. "Very funny," she spat.

We basked in the sunshine until the sun had become a fiery ball of heat sinking into the water, and Istci watched it disappear over the horizon without moving a muscle. Afterward, she launched into another one of her question-sprees. She asked me why the sun did that, and why it changed colors, and where it went, and all these other questions. I wish I could answer them for her- perhaps I'm not a suitable mother for her. Perhaps she would be better off with someone smarter, to have an intelligent conversation with her. I'm not like that.

As if she could read my mind, Istci padded up to my side and said softly "You're the best mother I could ever ask for, and I'm glad I'm your daughter." She nuzzled my side affectionately, and my heart melted. Istci knows she is a CB dragon, but like most of us (and like me, when I was young) she latched onto me the moment she saw me when she hatched, and ever since then we've had a tight bond. Even when she randomly turns invisible, we can't be separated. I guess I've taken after my mother, following her footsteps by becoming a great mother. I hope I'm half the dragon she is- then I'll be content. But one look at Istci and her loving eyes tells me that I am.

- Satin Gloves

Dear eggshell-

Why did it have to be me?

Why was I the one who was bitten? I would have been fine as a Water dragon, but noooo. I was also abandoned. Great. Then I was adopted. Yay. And I still don't understand why these voices all shun me and want me to go away- all except for two. One of them is obviously my new owner. The other.... well, I have no idea. I'll just wait and see who it is when I hatch.

-Unhatched Vampire Hatchling

Mood: Anxious

Oh, heavens. It seems Istci, my little girl, may be a male after all! I guess I though she was a "she" because I wanted a daughter of my own, and I thought for sure she would gender female, being a Purple and all, but who knows? I may have adopted a son instead, not that it would make a difference to me, because I love her/him with all my heart no matter her/his gender. For now I will just continue to call Istci a girl.

In hours, I will be out of this breeding cooldown period and be able to breed again with Ight. He's excited, because he wants a son, after having two daughters that he never even spent time with. I couldn't care less if we had a male or a female, but it seems we won't be having either if those eggs don't hurry up and hatch! They just don't want to come out of their shells, and it's giving me more time to dwell on my decision. Do I really want to do this? It's one thing having Istci, but she is very mature for her age, and she takes care of herself pretty well- but having to be responsible for my own child every second of the day? I'm willing to sacrifice whatever I must (Istci will be an adult by then) to care for this youngster...but am I right for the job? Ight assures me that I am, but that's just him being supportive because he's my mate. I need someone who will give me an honest opinion. Wait, I know just who to ask...

I just trotted off to see Soul Angel. My goodness, it felt like it had been ages since we had seen each other! Her face lit up like Christmas when she saw me headed her way, and she practically attacked me, with a happy squeal and a huge, suffocating hug. She sighed contentedly, like she had been waiting for this moment for her whole life, too shy to ever speak up about it, and now finally here I was. We sat down and chatted, gabbing endlessly about dragon breeds, laughing about males, gushing over hatchlings, and gossiping about the latest blossoming romances in the cave. The entire time she listened to me talk, her eyes closed and head nodding like my stories were a rhythmic beat in her heart.

I soaked in every bit of her- the staff she always carried, which was now covered in nicks and scratches, but still glowed brightly; the feathers on her wings, which were now frayed and slightly gray-tinged, not as white and sparkly as they had once been; and her hypnotic blue eyes. She told me what a beauty I had become, and nodded solemnly when I told her about Satin Midnight, and laughed at my stories of Istci, and then I finally asked her "Do you think...I would make a good mother?"

She laughed, a laugh like beautiful chimes on the wind. "You already are a good mother, Satin, my darling! A great mother, in fact! Just look at Istci- she's a stunning young lady, with a mind as large as the earth itself. Not to mention her personality, so sweet and kind ad curious, and her astonishing manners. All of us old folks are so impressed by the way she says 'please' and 'thank you' and 'how do you do?' rather than skittering up and snatching a bite of fresh kill. Sometimes, when you're asleep, Satin, she comes and talks to us elders. She is a breath of fresh air around here- we all adore her, how could we not?"

I smiled, hugged my mother, and quickly darted off- there was something I had to do. After sifting through the cave I finalyl caught up with Istci. She was teaching little Jezietse about the sky, and outer space, using Ight's dazzling wings as an example of what space looks like! It was so amusing and cute that I almost didn't want to interrupt, but I did anyway. I pulled Istci aside and casually asked her about the elders. "What do you think of them?" I inquired.

"Oh, they're very nice! Sometimes they give me a morsel of food- at nighttime, as a sort of midnight snack! This one, his name is Tropical Frill, and he's very friendly. Did you know he's the only frill in our cave? That's so sad! But he has lots of great stories about when he was a hatchling. And then there's this other one, this female, and...she's just wonderful. So smart and kind and caring, and with such a sense of humor! If I had a grandmother...oh, I'd want it to be her." This wistful look took over her eyes, and I prompted the question.

"What is her name, darling?"

"Soul Angel," she chirped, tilting her head. She knew I was going somewhere with this- but where?

"Well, I hope you'll be pleased to hear that Soul Angel...she is your grandmother," I practically purred, the words rolling out of my mouth like honey.

Istci's eyes widened and she perked up, her stubby tail beginning to wag back and forth excitedly. "Really? Oh, really? I can't believe it! That's so neat! So- she was your mother? Oh, how sweet! I've got to go talk to her! Oh, wow!" She laughed, then paused. "I want to hear about how naughty you were as a hatchling."

I chuckled and nudged her in the direction of the elders' corner. "Well, go on! Go see her." Istci nodded vigorously and began to scamper away, calling over her shoulder "See you at the prey pile, Mama!" I sort of melted a little bit there, sinking into the ground. Ight stood behind me, and I cuddled into his side with a happy sigh. She had called me Mama- I was officially that baby girl's mom, and she knew it, too.

- Satin Gloves

21/08/11

Dear Journal,

Inca seemed thoroughly frustrated as she walked into the cave today.She said it was about the Magma hatchy she bred and gifted.It seemed they didn't like the lineage,even though it was 4th gen,non inbred.They wanted to gift it to another,but asked if Inca wanted it back first.She,of course,said yes,and she set up the teleport,but then they messaged her saying they had no egg slots left,and would have to wait till tomorow,as their Magis were on cooldown.Inca was quite annoyed.In other news,the little Albino hatchy has grown up,and found some room in the cave to call her own.No mate has been decided for Blednyi Krylatyi,but Orengi,a male Magi has taken a liking to the pale dragon.

XOXO,

♥Meiffy♥

21/08/11

Dear journal,

I went up to Inca today and asked her why everyone was calling me a chicken.She picked me up and said that it is because I am a chicken.Which is COMPLETELY INSANE.I think all of the stuff about the Magma hatchy has gone to her head.I mean,I might be small and feathery and go 'cluck',but that doesn't not mean I am a CHICKEN.I'm pretty sure I am some kind of bird dragon.Whatever I am I am NOT a chicken.Or,a chicken dragon.

Edited by arabian sparkle

Dearest Journal

So much has happened lately. My first child with Seren has gendered female. And she has the most beautiful red wings. Dear Seren is overjoyed with the results. He says that her markings are extra special because some of the starlights are shaped to look like me. I don't see it, but I will humor him on it. Her patterns are just very hypnotic to me. I could stare at her for hours and just trance out. She laughed so hard the first time it happend. After her father told her what happend anyway. Now she tries to keep her wings folded up when ever she can, just so i'll pay attention all the time. I just hope she finds a good mate someday.

The Mistress has finally gotten a new striped egg. Our Red Stripe finaly bred true to kind. He mated again with our Winter and they had a lovely Blue Striped egg. I'm happy for her that she has another dragon type crossed of the big list. And speaking of the list. It has such a funny name. She calles it "The Gigantic Big Ole List of Unmet Friends". It makes me giggle a bit just thinking of it. She has it printed on giant strips of cow hide that are tacked to the walls of her cave. And when ever she gets one from the List, she waits till the egg hatches, and then has it help her hank it off the wall. When this happens, everyone who is in her cave gets to yell "Welcome New Friend!" All the hatchlings love this since it's such an event. Of course any new additions to the dragon types already living here get a more intimate greeting either from thier parent, or if they were brought in, one of their own.

-Rhewi Benyw-

Dear eggshell-

A big enough hole has opened up in the egg to see the others, which gives me an opportunity to finally escape from my prison! Sadly, whenever I try to escape, some bossy adult knocks me right back in- not cool! Let's hope I can get away soon before I end up hurting myself severely from the tail-whackings.

-Unhatched Vampire

Dush Divide Dragon Keep Journals: Previous Page - Next Page

Aug 21, Sunday

State of the youngster's nests:

Egg - gray, wildborn, for the Silversky Clan Lineage

Egg - ice, wildborn

Egg - pink, wildborn

Egg - prize (bronze), 7th gen., donated

Egg - ridgewing (tan), wildborn

Egg - stripe (black), 4th gen., bred from the Keep

Hatchling - black, 3rd gen., caught from the abandoned land

Hatchling - BBW, 4th gen., bred for the Jungle Coast Gems lineage

Hatchling - gray, 4th gen., for the Silversky Clan Lineage, female: Soli Silversky

Hatchling - moonstone, 2nd gen, bred from the Keep

Hatchling - nebula, wildborn

Hatchling - pillow, wildborn

Seperated for potential trade: egg/ice, egg/pink, egg/ridgewing, egg/stripe, hatchling/black, hatchling/nebula

Today marks the first tinsel, or prize dragon, to enter the Keep. Quite a momentous day, but if only it were more organized. There have been hatchlings scurrying everywhere with their questions, not to mention the adults pushing each other around to get a closer look. Only the Keep Overseer's presence prevents it from devolving into total chaos. She is rather excited as well and comes back every ten minutes to check on the egg. I have to keep the little egg from being manhandled.

I see my fellow caretaker Strykiir already has several entries in these records. She is quite the unprofessional, and I can see why the hatchlings gravitate towards her for that, being likewise unprofessional. Why, the gray hatchling that was traded in yesterday was horribly frustrating, the poor thing. I had no luck in comforting Etranje Silversky and I had to give her over to Strykiir. In twenty minutes the lost little one was quiet and asleep.

I have to wonder how she does it. Strykiir laughs and says it is because I'm much more intimidating. Perish the thought! Now, if Furraheille was a caretaker, they would know what intimidating was.

Now that Entranje has grown up she is a great deal less annoying, but I foresee problems in the future with her. She is much too quiet and solitary, and I wonder what will happen when the Silversky Clan has her mate one of the much older wildborn grays who have been here for a while.

- Magistrette, 5th magi and 3rd caretaker of the Keep

Date: August 21, 2011

Mood: Depressed

Today is our owner's last day of full-time dragon care. Tomorrow she will have to leave to go to school, a human type of education. The only education dragons ever get is from other dragons, and only in short periods of time. But our owner must spend nearly every day for a year at this school place, and so she will not be here at the cave to care for her dragons or catch new eggs. The cave will have a slow growth for the next year or so.

Istci is, indeed, a female, so that's a relief. Last night she came skipping up to me, a little off-balance, fluttering her new wings happily. Her tail is longer and brighter now, and she is able to fly, but only in short spurts before she runs out of energy. When she is fully grown she'll be a master of the skies, but I don't want my little darling to grow up! Her friend, Jezietse, is also a female, and we have some new additions to the nest including a red hatchling and some Pillows. Our owner says she wants a million pillows- she's insane!

That is all for now, and I may or may not be back later.

- Satin Gloves

Dearest Journal

The Mistress is in the mood to trade eggs again. She wants desperatly for a male Pink for influencing particular eggs. The first Red egg we've gotten is to be traded for one. Our Magma's first egg (that comes out as Magma) is already earmarked to be given away as a gift to someone else. The Mistress says she is doing that because she wishes to "Pay it forward". Someone had gifted to her the egg which our single male Two Headed hatched from. She feels it's only right to do so for at least one person. The Mistress is still hoping to get some metallics and a Thunder egg soon. We are all aware that traiding will probably be involved in the aquisition of these eggs. It's just a matter of whose eggs it will be. But I will willingly give up another egg true to kind if it means we get the final member we need for summoning the great Guardian.

On to other things. My dear young daughter has finaly matured. She say's she's not yet ready to mate, but i've noticed her making eyes at the Black dragon Cysgodol. He's attached to our Magma, but they haven't had a single egg of any kind in all the times they have tried. I think he's going to look for a new mate soon. If he does, I think my daughter may try to woo him. She has her fathers romantic streak hidden in her. But unlike him, she tries to hide it.

-Rhewi Benyw-

Edited by kauzlina

Mood: Content

No eggs for me. Ight...he wasn't feeling up to it. Stage fright, you could call it. At the last minute he ducked his had shyly, showing his plain disinterest. I must wait another week to try and breed with him again. Afterward, he totally broke down, telling me he was sorry and beating himself up about, saying he knew I had been waiting so long for this and he just couldn't do it. I didn't blame him one bit- if that what was fate had destined for me, then so be it. It seems the world is trying to tell me I have other business, besides an egg, like caring for Istci.

I will wait patiently until my time comes, and then I will be a mother to a new hatchling, one of my own. But for now, I spend time with Istci. I enjoy ever moment with her, before she becomes an adult and leaves me to go find mates of her own. For now, I hold her close to me and make sure she knows how loved she is. For now, I enjoy the simple things.

- Satin Gloves

Mood: Lonely

Shortly after my last journal entry, I went out to get some water. When I trotted back to the nest, my heart dropped. Istci wasn't there- she was gone! My little girl was missing, or so I thought. Then I realized: she had grown up. Just after I had decided I was happy...she goes and becomes an adult. I scampered over to the cluster of dragons, who were surrounding her eagerly. When a hatchling grows up it is always a big deal. She was beaming with pride, looking ever so beautiful- my Istci. And I think she's got her eye on a male named Avit- how sweet! I can't wait for the future to come...when I will maybe be a grandmother!

- Satin Gloves

Edited by glamoursea2

Previous Page | Next Page

Journal One

I've never written in these before. I saw some of the other dragons writing on pieces of paper, and they told me it was something called a journal.

Aqua brought in a shiny gold egg, called a Tinsel. She also recently got a Moonstone, a Red, a dark pygmy, and a Terrae. The Moonstone, Red, and Pygmy have all hatched.

So many things happened. And yet there isn't much to write. Hmm.

-Potato

Edited by aquamarine__

22/08/11

Dear Journal,

Krylatyi and Orengi bred today,and it resulted in a beautiful Magi egg.They are now going to be mated,along with Crystalized Moondrop X Light Streamer and Crystalized Sundrop X Fire Spike,in a mating ceremony.Snow Coral and Canned Goldfish are organising a big feast,and Moon Poppy and Ribbon Eclipse are going to preform a dance.Its going to be great!Oh,i'm needed to rehearse the vows.Report more later!

XOXO,

♥Meiffy♥

22/08/11

Dear journal,

Not much to write here.