Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Entry 3

The other one of my kind had hatched. I wasn't really aware that it's egg was here till it had already hatched. Some of the dragons out here say we look like albino weasels, what's a weasel? I met some more dragons the my owner possessed also, though they were water bound for some reason.I decided not to stray much farther from my hatching place since I have heard sounds I can not mention.

~Treasured Joy

Dear Journal,

We have collected, hatched, and grown up four/five eggs. Now they are the part of Mother's BvS army.

However, quite recently, I'm having this feeling I must protect those two festively-colored eggs. Maybe because by every click, by every minute passes by, Mother is worried. Such a great parent she is. The other dragons, including the frozen hatchlings, are protecting the current batch we have now, gathering up every few hours or two.

As the entries of my journal increase, I must count down the days the festively-colored eggs. Even the most talkative dragons are staying silent for the next two weeks or less.

What a way to start the New Year's. Howaito said, "We must be cursed by the Dragon Goddess/God!" ...He said nothing more. He might be correct, since he is the second adult Mother ever raised, and he carries pounds of wisdom.

The PizzaWitch has been singing soberly as the days pass by. Mother and the other dragons have been just sitting next to the batch of dragons, looking saddened.

I must join the others. Five days left.

~Midnight Ninja

Regular Black Female

---------

Dear Journal,

Another batch has been saved, and we must protect this one. Five more days, journal.

~Howaito

Male White

Dear Journal,

Wow! Today was...Intense. But before I tell that story the other cheer egg hatched and Candy Cane Cheers grew up. The gold hatchie is still wingless but he/she is fine. OK intense story time. There is this vampire in the Clan named "Vampire kisses" and she brought back a frilled egg. This is what happend "Everybody liston up!" said Vampire kisses. "I brought back this frill egg and I'm going to bite it. I'm not sure whats going to happen so everybody gather around!" The vampire clan and the rest of the dragons gatherd around to see the egg be bitten. I came over too, and boy I was pretty nervous what was gonna happen. Will the egg die? Will it turn into a vampire and Vampire kisses chucks it? There was so many questions going in my mind but the only thing I had to do was watch. Vampire kisses laid down to the eggs height and gently embed her teeth into the egg. After 4 seconds she lifted her head and stared at the egg. The egg started to change color and smell that vampire smell. Vampire kisses knew she bit the egg just right and got a vampire egg. Everyone cheerd and sighed of relief. Vampire kisses was very happy that she kept the egg. To tell you the truth I coverd my eyes when she sunk her teeth into that egg. I was afraid it was going to die. Same with Mama but she was proud that she has a good vampire biter. What a day!

~Chestnuts

December the Twenty-ninth, the ninth year of the new millennium.

Three new hatchlings. Both of the eggs Vocabulations claims are 'special', and a vine, who believes itself to be the same breed. The two white, snowy beings stick close to the vine, who curls its vines around them protectively, though most older dragons see this as simply humerus, I do not. I, of all dragon, understand protection, and bonds made at an early age. I can only hope this one sticks.

Vocabulations is already thinking of names for the little snow babies, on the off chance they do not choose their own, and has told Pandora that she is in charge of them, as they'll likely both be females. Though, she's not completely certain. Because of this, I hope that the little vine grows to be a ale. He would be a strong guardian, and a protective mate. The snow he chose would never fall into danger.

The vine announced not long ago that it had already chosen a name for itself. Presto, after its parents name. Vocabulations has therefore dubbed it Dorkus Presto, matching both his parents, and our clans names.

Later in the day, Pandora tried to separate the vine from the two snows, and was badly harmed by the young vine, the thorned vines surrounding it piercing through the elder dragons scales with unnatural ease. Somehow, however, even as they curl up among them and play with the vine, the snows have yet to be cut. There's something different about this vine hatchling, and I intend to find out what.

Not much else has happened here in the passing months. Our clan has grown, from no more than ten or twelve when I was a hatchling, to over forty, with many mating pairs. Vocabulations is considering moving us to a larger cave system she stumbled across on a trip with Hydra and Unda. It would work well, as Tidas, Dynamo, and Love can all reach its shores from the river they stay in now, and there's a stream wide enough for the frozen to swim up and enter the cave through. Vocab would like to move before little Presto is rooted, so the decision should be made by new years. I suppose we'll see.

On a side note, the green pair has had a geode egg! Vocabulations, and the rest of the clan, are in an uproar of excitement. There has been a decision, however, to trade the egg with another owner for another, unrelated geode. Though the greens are upset, they understand the need for the clan to have few unrelated dragons, and that outside of our clan the young would be allowed to grow to an adult, instead of being frozen as a hatchling.

The others hope that this will further stall Vocab's gain of a vampire. Only I look forward to that addition, I suppose.

Signed Dorkus Nex, from the gravestone at the back of the cave.

Dear Journal,

The cold of winter has settled in again, only this time there is snow as well. The Pygmies and frozen hatchies are having a ball outside, trying to catch the snowflakes as the fall and occasionally swiping up snow from the ground and throwing it at another dragon. The non-frozen hatchlings are a bit more timid about the "cold white stuff" outside, although those SeaChel has dubbed "CHRISTmas dragons" are a bit more open to the idea.

This is short, I know, but I want to go watch the little ones again. And perhaps I will try to throw snow at them when they are not looking...

~Sesina Songflight

Black female, Leader of the Songflight Clan

"Vampire" BloodSuckerPop-Pop's entry,

Journal, I have long since written, and that I am truley sorry. I wish i had written you before now. GrandmaSally's hatchling has grown up and gendered a boy, named GrandpaJoe.. he was always thirsting for blood since he gendered. So it is not to my surprise that the day he grew up, he couldn't control the situation. He was so crazed, that he took one of the bred eggs and crushed his teeth into it. GrandpaJoe's egg died instintaneously. He sucked all of the blood out of the baby in the egg and then once the craving surrendered him, his knees buckled from beneath him and his arms shook, and he started crying. I sat next to him all day and night, protecting him, and giving him my shoulder. GrandmaSally hunted and brought back something for him to "eat" since she knew the craving would come back soon. She held his face in her arms and rubbed her head on his. It took three hours for him to stop crying. Finally he knew that it was okay. And that this would be a big part of his life. We all "ate" and then we went for a fly. Even though he's calmed down he is still emotional.

Until next time,

----------------

BloodSuckerPop-pop

Edited by Elvishgirl0905

Aww, thank you! I'm so flattered right now <3

Sorry about the hidden scroll and all; it's fixed now.

And yes, the egg was auto-abandoned, and returned.

YAY! *runs to the scroll*

What a kind soul, the one who returned the egg to you ^^

Entry 4

I have grown wings! I love flying around the tree I live in. Also, now the dragons say I look like cat with wings! They keep changing on what they think I look like. Nothing has been happening recently, though my owner leaves the area for sometime every day, coming back with a egg or supplies. I wonder where he goes?

~Treasured Joy

December the thirtieth, the ninth year of the first millennium.

Vocabulations has decided to move us. Today they'll all get ready and move out. Its amusing to watch the harvests roll their pumpkins to the front of the cave, and even more amusing to watch Lux usher the hatchlings together with her wooden stick.

A group of dragon may be leaving early. A storm is supposedly coming tonight, and they don't want the hatchlings and frozen caught up in it. If they do, then only Sol, Umbra, Dramatis, and Veneficus will stay with Vocab and I. I will never understand my master. She refuses to leave a dragon to move on its own, even I, who cannot die.

I suppose it makes sense to leave one of the others with me, as I can neither fly nor swim to the island, but there's no reason for her to stay. She more than any of us is susceptible to the weather. As long as the maji is with us, I suppose she'll be alright, though.

There was a bit of snow this morning, a precursor to tonight's storm I suppose. Its nice to see all the dragons having a good time, especially Dramatis, the ochredrake has been in need of some fun. Our little water walker seems to just as well on top of the snow as he does on the water. Poor Monster keeps trying to follow him and sinking down into the white stuff.

Our snow babies have finally separated themselves from Presto, and gone to play in the snow with the others. Presto himself is curious about, well, me, as hatchlings before him have been. He was up last night when I was moving about, and I spoke with him a bit. He seems like a very intelligent, curious hatchie, though a bit violent like all vines I'm aware of.

Wait a moment. Why am I calling it a he? The vine still hasn't gendered, I shouldn't do that... Call it hopeful thinking, however.

I need to go make a rare daytime appearance now, Concentration, the annoying little daydreamer has decided to make a snow dragon above me. I will not tolerate this.

Signed Dorkus Nex, from the gravestone under the pile of snow.

Dear Journal,

My master has been sorta depressed recently. It's about that so-called "Legendary Trio". She's trying so hard to get her hands on one but to no avail. I just saw her face. Her pupils were tiny and drool came out of her mouth. Shiro said that one time two eggs appeared in the pile and she lunged at the person who had one of the eggs and tried to steal it! We had to hold her down to the ground. She flailed around shouting: "Let me go!" At the council a few nights later, we all agreed to catch one for her to calm her down.

I have to go, it's my shift now.

-Silver Tiger Striped

12th month, 31st day.

Finally I broke free of my egg shell. My vision is better now, and I can even speak a little telepathy already! Big dragons - the two year 2009 holiday hatchlings call them adults - keep fussing over me, calling me a "newly hatched" and such. I have to stay outside until I grow into an adult though. It doesn't make sense that we don't get our own den, but it's for two reasons. One, den space is limited in snowfall season in the mountains because of the cold; Two, the eggs and unfrozen hatchlings get the only patch of grass in the mountains. It's unfair that we don't get dens, but it's fair cause we get grass. I don't mind, and the two year 2009 holiday dragons LOVE the cold and snow. Myself? I would rather snuggle up to the belly of a female adult. Every day, two to five adults walk or fly to our patch of grass to guard us and keep us warm. It takes a long time to get there, but the place is never left unguarded. The adults guarding our grass before wait until the new bunch arrive. Well, I had better go. The new dark green egg that Bo the Human, our mistress (as I learned when I first hatched), brought back is shaking. Bye!

Signed,

Gray Hatchling Who Wants Wings

12th month, 31st day, 2009th year

Journal,

Today is the last day of the 2009th year! A big celebration will be held on this night. Bo the Human is attending, and she is bringing a special guest! I cannot wait to see who the guest is! Anyways, the winter hatchling and white hatchling grew up! The winter hatchling is a female and is named Bo's Icy Fireworks, because she hatched today, the last day of the 2009th year (and Bo the Human says things made of fire and other things will shoot up into the air and provide entertainment. Bo calls them "fireworks")! The white hatchling is a male and is now named Bo's Gabriel Dorkface-Riddle. Don't ask me why "Dorkface" and "Riddle" are in his name(and mine); they are stupid names. Whatever.

Bo's Volcanic Doom, Bo's Dreaming Of You and Bo's Navy And Cobalt - the magma male, daydream male and split male - have been acting very strange lately. They keep entering the other dragons' dens - even the frozen hatchlings'! - and asking for random things, like sticks, extra paper from our journals, and other items. Also, every night at a very late time, the three sneak away from the Den Area, and even past the borders of our clan! Me and the other females who have witnessed this strange activity are bedraggled as to what they might be doing. All I know is that they have been visiting other clans, and I don't know why.

Well, I must go now. Preparations must be made for the celebration tonight! Farewell!

Signed, Bo's Eternal Lava Doom-Dorkface

Journal,

Went to meet that smaller dragon clan with Bo's Dreaming Of You and Bo's Navy And Cobalt. The clan said they had no mistress to claim them; they were wild and free. I like them a lot. They're mostly neotropical dragons, except for a few guardians. They're all male. No wonder Bo's Dreams Of Summer looked humiliated and sick the night of the attack. Heh heh, yup journal, we planned that attack that night. The smaller dragons said they'd share the food they stole from our clan is we helped 'em. Now, we're allies.

Anyways journal, we're planning another bigger attack. It'll cost me and the other two from my clan every night until the planning's completed. One of the neotropicals from the other clan - by the way, they call themselves the Shadows - said he visited another wild clan called the Flashes and told them about the attack. The Flashes said they'd help out. The Flashes are all magi males. This one's gonna be big. It's gonna be me, Bo's Dreaming Of You, Bo's Navy And Cobalt, The Shadows AND The Flashes involved! Of course, me and the other two are gonna act like we aren't involved at all, which stinks. Oh well. The Shadows and The Flashes can get the job done.

What we're going to DO in the attack has not yet been confirmed, but we're still deciding. I think we should----

The rest was ripped off. The line from the ripping is smooth, like it was ripped off on purpose. The dragon who wrote the entry was Bo's Volcanic Doom, by the way. Edited by Bobophie98

Dear Journal,

A lot has been happening at the cave. Those cheer hatchlings are both Females and there names are "Silver Bell Cheer" and "Beauty of Happiness" They play together all the time and wont talk to anyone else but eachother. Mama says that there a little shy but hopefully they'll grow out of it. And do you remember that gold hatchling I was talking about? His name is Shiny Metallic and he is a very strong, healthy, adult. For new editions there is a Translucent hatchling who was rescued and only two hours to live. Mama is going to figure out his or her gender soon but right now its way too shy and its been through a lot. Mama is going to freeze it when she finds out the gender. Mama is alo trying an experiment with a pink egg with 1/1/1 stats. She says she's trying to get a neglected dragon. There these really miss behaved dragons that wernt taken care of when they were eggs but there really hard to get. Mama told everybody NOT to go near the pink egg. She was very serious...Oh and she's excited because the winter is is close to hatching and the vampire egg has a crack in it. Too bad it smells really stinky. There is Silver dragon named "Silver riches" who tryed to chuck it at another cave but mama caught him and she didnt look happy. Now he has to sleep right beside the smelly egg whether he likes it or not. Haha Silver riches haha!

~Chestnuts

Dear Journal,

It seems like Howaito has given up on his journal for the year and he is currently concentrating on protecting the little Christmas dragons. Those little cute ones have touched my heart.

By the way, all of the batch hatched. All slender pink ones except the Christmas dragons, who have been named Little Christmas Angel and Shiny Christmas Angel. Hmm... that's quite odd... they're both ungendered. Mother usually names when she is sure of its gender. It's also quite strange that the two Christmas Angels, as Mother and some of the other adults likes to call them, likes to only talk and play with each other.

The last days of the year is usually a time of merriment and joy. Right now, no...

Five more days...

~Midnight Ninja

Regular Female Black

Journal,

The celebration is in full-swing! It is deep into the night, and there is only about twenty more minutes of the year of 2009! Every dragon in the clan is awake, including the frozen hatchlings! Bo the Human is also in attendance, along with the special guest, her brother, who she said to call 'Tuck'! Bo and Tuck brought what they call "Sparkling Cider", a seafood delicacy called "shrimp", and a rectangular box that shoots out music! The celebration is really amazing! Also, those things that shoot into the sky, fireworks, are in the air! We don't know where they are coming from, but they are really spectacular! The fireworks come in a large variety of colours; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet, lavender, pink, white, magenta, turquoise and even mahogany!

Many adults - including myself - are having minor bellyaches because we devoured too much shrimp and drank too much sparkling cider, but these new items taste simply too scrumptious for us to stop consuming them! The frozen hatchlings are scattering little coloured bits of paper around and throwing pieces into the air! It is really quite amusing when they squeal as the paper flutters down on their noses. Bo and Tuck call the coloured paper "confetti". Bo and Tuck celebrate the last night of the 2009th year very differently from how dragons would. They have many devices powered by electricity, and much different food than we do!

Oh dear. Bo's Dreaming Of You, Bo's Volcanic Doom and Bo's Navy And Cobalt have sneaky looks on their faces. They just glanced around like a thief would, then slipped away into the shadows! Oh no. They're probably going on one of their top-secret meetings in Who-Knows-Where-Place. Whatever. I refuse to let their suspicious activity ruin my night. The other females noticed them too! They are giving me the "Oh-my-the-three-trouble-makers-just-slipped-away-again" look. Well, one of these nights, I'm going to follow them. I promise I will, and I'll bring my journal. I will; I really will. well, I am going to get back to the celebration; ta-ta!

Signed,

Bo's Sunny Apricot Sky; Pygmy Female

Dearest Journal,

It is I, Cobalt. Well, my full name is Bo's Navy And Cobalt, but I, Cobalt, is the one writing. Well, the celebration for the soon-to-be new year is very grand, with new food and drinks, a "boom box" - as Bo the Human and her special guest brother, Tuck, call it - and "fireworks". I cannot believe that there is only fifteen more minutes of the 2009th year! It is incredible how fast the year has gone by!

Navy dragged me unwillingly into another one of those secret meetings with the Shadows and the Flashes. Navy, Bo's Dreaming Of You, Bo's Volcanic Doom, The Flashes and The Shadows are planning a huge attack on our clan. I know I should be one with my split brother Navy, but this is just horrible. Oh great. Here we go on another meeting. Navy is dragging me away from the fun celebration. It is unjust! I despise being his split brother! Even though we usually think alike and finish each other's sentences and all that, I wish I wasn't one with him anymore! He is betraying our clan, with the other two and the other two wild clans, and I try to tell the other adults, I try to tell Bo the Human, but Navy just "finishes my sentence" with a lie. So many lies from him!

Okay, we are at our secret meeting place, inside the Shadows' clan. The Shadows are a clan made up of all male neotropical and guardian dragons. The Flashes are a clan made up of all male magi dragons. The Shadows live in a secluded meadow, far off the border of our clan. I despise coming here every single night, I really do. Even though I don't want to, I am betraying my clan, and it is all Navy's fault! I know the females have noticed us slinking away every night. I wish they knew that I was innocent; that Navy is the one at fault. I wish I could just...break away from my split brother.

Aaack! Someone sees me writing! I must go! I will hide this in my den later, when we get back! Bye!

Signed,

Bo's Navy And Cobalt; Cobalt

Edited by Bobophie98

Dear Diary,

I hate myself. Just today, I almost got cooked in a stew. So much for insanity.

Nobody likes me, everyone hates me.

~Cheese Egg

((This was found stuck to the bottom of the corral. The cheese eggg had somehow climbed up one of the poles and had attempted suicide, but was miraculously saved by the napping WingedDemon.))

21th December

Dear Journal,

Elizabeth spent the morning striding between the Abandoned Cave and ours. We all knew what this was about : since the last few months, she was trying to get a special kind of egg. She climbed a mountain to find an old library full of scrolls. They described the oldest caves of this realm. Few had the dragon Elizabeth wanted and most were abandoned. But she sent them messages anyway. Some answered, and though they were not numerous, their answer were kind and promised to help, even though they already had lots of requests.

But today, one message was different. The intended recipient of the egg did not show up so the cave owner was ready to gift it to Elizabeth. She went to the Abandoned Cave, looking more nervous than before. She knew she had to catch it before it reached the Abandoned Cave and we all hoped she did.

She came back half an hour later, carrying an egg clutched against her chest like it was incredibly fragile. We gazed at the egg, because Elizabeth did not tell us what it was. She wanted it to be a surprise so, if she hadn't got it, we wouldn't have been disappointed.

The egg was red with a single yellow stripe and an holly leaf stuck to it. We were relieved because it didn't look dangerous. Humans often want sick things like Neglected dragons.

But I knew better than judging a dragon by its egg, so I asked Elizabeth what it was. She answered that the egg was of the same kind as Kristnako and Natalis Dies, but, while the Yulebucks are spirits of Christmas 2008, the egg is a spirit of Christmas 2007. We were all glad to hear it, because Christmas dragons are very well-liked. They have a joyous aura able to soothe the most violent dragon. Even my sister Makuro is sufferable when she is with her Yulebuck mate, so it can't be a bad thing to have more Christmases in our cave.

Irkalla of the First Clan

25th December

Dear Journal,

Today, it's an holiday in the human realm, or as we dragons call it Christmahanukwanzaakah. Happy Christmahanukwanzaakah everyone !

Elizabeth came back with two new Christmases, from this year. They took the Holly egg's room in the incubator. It hatched two days ago and is now a shy brightly-colored hatchling, who likes to hide in the nursery.

In other news, Elizabeth will leave us tomorrow. Another human will take care of the eggs and hatchlings and breed the Holly when he/she will mature.

28th December

Dear Journal,

An human girl, Becka, comes to our cave every day. She's nice : she checks up on the Christmases 2009, who hatched yesterday (they now look like albino ferrets).

As for the Holly dragon, she grew up today and bred with Amaranth S. They produced two eggs, whom Becka gifted to other humans. They looked as nervous as Elizabeth did.

1st January

Dear Journal,

Elizabeth came back yesterday. She petted the Holly dragon and named her Désirée Bienvenue, which, in her language, mean "wanted" and "welcome".

The Christmases 2009 matured today. They're very graceful she-dragons. Elizabeth told them their kind is (appropriately) named "Snow Angels" but she didn't name them... She's waiting to know more about them to do so.

One thing which is particularly strange about them is their wings' patterns. Yesterday, they were solid gold and now, they're snow white with golden tips. Elizabeth hope their wings will continue to change.

1st Day of the 1st Month of the Season of Ice

The human holiday, New Year, is celebrated today. As the name suggests, this event takes place in the first day of the first month. It ends the year 2009 and begins the year 2010. New Year is very much like Christmas... except louder.

Lady Kaze, along with Bouclier Protecteur and Tressaillir Glacier, entered the Salle de Rassembler carrying boxes. We all gathered there in a semi-circle, curious to know what the contents of the boxes were. It didn't take long though, because Lady Kaze opened the first box. She took something queer... a stubby arrow-shaped thing with a stick glued to it. She took out more of those; the box, as it turns out, contained many arrow-things. When she was done emptying the first box, Lady Kaze opened the second. This box contained a tower-like thing wrapped in cellophane. This one was difficult to describe... but roughly, it looked like a layered wedding cake with huge candles. After that, she proceeded with box 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. All of these contained different items, each weirder than the next. There was a box filled with cube things with tubes inside, one had cone-shaped stuff inside and another was full of long, colorful sticks. When Lady Kaze opened and took out all the contents of the 8 boxes, she sat down, exhausted. She took some heavy breaths as we watched her. After a minute, she stood up again and looked at us. "Today is New Year... and these are fireworks." she motioned at the weird stuff she took out of the boxes. One of the frozen hatchlings, a balloon dragon by the name of Matt, asked her, "What are fireworks, Lady Kaze?" The human girl just smiled. "You'll see."

The next thing I knew, we were all setting up these 'fireworks'. Some of us were sticking the arrow-shaped ones to the ground, others were littering the box things and the ones that looked like a layer cake, which I later found out was called a fountain. The frozens were carrying the long, colorful sticks and giving them to the adults. Incendie Parfait, our fire dragon who recently joined the cave, was called by Lady Kaze. I watched them talk in hushed tones, Cindy nodding her head and Lady Kaze moving her limbs as a demonstration. I do not know what she is up to, or what she is discussing with Cindy, but I have a feeling we will all find out very soon.

After setting up the fireworks, we rested until nighttime. That was when we began hearing loud, booming noises. Upon hearing this, Lady Kaze jumped up and hurried outside. We were curious about the noise and worried about the safety of our mistress so we followed her. What could these noises be? An attack? I could hear the others murmuring. Only one way to find out..

We saw Lady Kaze staring up at the sky in awe, apparently oblivious to the ear-splitting noise. I told her to go inside, but she paid no heed to my words. Instead, she said "Look up at the sky, Annie. Look!" I frowned, but still I did as I was told. I gasped. Balls of fire were shooting up at the sky, then exploding exquisitely. It was amazing! The noise didn't bother me anymore, because the view was breathtaking. I had no words to describe it. I snapped out of my reverie when Lady Kaze jumped up and down excitedly shouting "Cindy! Cindy! Come on, it's time!" The fire dragon appeared from the crowd of dragons staring up at the sky. She followed Lady Kaze to the spot where the fireworks were scattered. "GO GO GO!" Lady Kaze squeeled. Cindy took a deep breath and opened her mouth. Fire came out of it and lit up the fireworks on the floor. Lady Kaze had begun running already, and when Cindy was finished, she scooped her up and ran away from the explosives.

After a few seconds, the fireworks we set up were in the sky, creating a spectacular array of colors. Here and there, lights shot up and exploded. It was beautiful! Lady Kaze told us to get one of the colorful sticks and light it up. We lit the tips of the stick and it sparked. The spark changed color every 2 inches! We all held our sparklers (that's what we started calling it) up high. The hatchlings ran around the snow-covered space, holding theirs between their teeth and playing with them. New Year is definitely my favorite human holiday.

The fireworks didn't stop 'til 3:00 AM. We only stayed up until 1:00, though. It seems New Year isn't all about deafening sounds and amazing explosives. Lady Kaze took out bottles of 'Sparkling Wine' and baskets of fruits. We ate the food she prepared (which is a lot!) merrily. It was delicious! There was venison, beef, vole and so much more. That's it; New Year is officially my favorite holiday.

La Jaune, Elder of the Etincelle Clan

1st month, 1st day, new 2010th year

Journal,

The exquisite fiery things called 'fireworks' splattered the sky until very deep into the night and very early in the morning. We even lit some of our own too, to contribute to the array of colours! They finally ceased when the moon was sinking below the horizon! Bo called that time, "three o'clock in the morning". Tuck said his goodbyes and thanked all of us dragons for helping to light our fireworks, then left us. He had parked a large metal box that had an odd-looking wheel and some weird-looking seats inside, and four huge black wheels on the outside, at the base of our mountains. He "drove" (as Bo called it) away in the thing, expelling hordes of thick dark-gray smoke into the air.

Well, now it is morning, and Bo helped us pack up the "tables" she had set up, clean up the divine food and drinks and stuff the confetti in a barrel. Tuck took all the fireworks, and the "sparklers", as Bo called them, with him, and Bo loaded everything else into a big box. She asked Bo's Shadow Warrior to let her ride on him to her human den, because the box was too heavy for her to lug to her den by herself. Bo's Shadow Warrior happily obeyed our mistress, and now the black male has returned.

I know that "New Year's Eve" is my favourite human holiday. Christmas is grand too, but I adore New Year's Eve. Today is New Year's Day, but it is much quieter and less fun. By the way, we had a countdown! First it was hours, then minutes, then seconds! I can still hear the thundering chorus of all of us screaming "10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1..." and then bellowing "HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" Thank the Dragon Lord that I was borrowing Bo's "earplugs" at the time!

Oh yes! I forgot! Bo's Dreaming Of Summer's neotropical egg hatched! The wingless, genderless hatchling is simply adorable! But you know what was strange? Bo's Volcanic Doom smirked when he saw it. With an evil glint in his eye, I remember him saying, "You had better guard him , and guard him good." I don't know what that phrase meant, but the "trouble makers" (as the females who noticed decided to call the three males that keep sneaking away at night) are starting to worry me. Bo's Sunny Apricot Sky said one of these nights, she is going to follow them! Well, isn't that the bravest pygmy dragon ever!

Well, that is all for this entry. Goodbye!

Signed,

Bo's Amethyst Spark; purple female

Dear Journal,

The Christmas Angels have sprouted wings. Their wings are so majestic, even as mere hatchlings... Mother said they're actually called Snow Angels, but they are Christmas Angels in our cave.

Yesterday, fireworks raised and hit in our cave. It was the biggest KABOOM. The most of our cave's first New Year's. Amazing. Crysis said it's his third New Year's, haha, what an old-aged hatchling. Mother hated those fireworks, but Crysis and many other mint dragons cuddled up and she immediately forgot about the fireworks and went to sleep.

Orange Raikou, my little cutie, has been crying tears of sorrow and joy. His first New Year's has easily touched his heart and without a doubt, this New Year's has touched his heart too. Why tears of sorrow? He cannot remember his parents because, from reading that piece of paper with pictures of dragons and names and combination of numbers and letters (there are even codes with just numbers and codes with just letters!), his parents lost their names. The parents are merely with letters codes. I have been trying to soothe him with dragonsong, but it doesn't help much.

I have recently realized the pinks we are raising doesn't look a lot like Pink Kaia. Mother even said that they grew up only to be females. With some luck, I suppose, they could both be male and female.

Time to soothe Orange Raikou with more dragonsong and to protect the cute little Christmas Angels.

~Midnight Ninja

Regular Female Black

1st month, 1st day, 2010th year

Journal,

Yes, I would be writing about the celebration for the new 2010th year, but there is something far too strange going on in the cave right now. The previous journal entries didn't mention anything about it, but that was then and this is now. The whole clan knows about this. We don't know what it is, or where it is coming from. But it is indeed very strange and disturbing. Some dragons are acting...well...possessed.  Yes, I did indeed write possessed. The dragons that are possessed...well, they are speaking in telepathy strange spells that conjure up storm clouds, huge rocks falling inches away from dragons' heads and other terrifying things. Also, these dragons' eyes are a glowing red.

I think these spells that they are hissing is DarkMagic. I am very, very worried for our clan. The dragons that are possessed are the following: Bo's Solar Energy, Bo's Crystal Eclipse, Bo's Night Light, Bo's Toxic Lightning Doom and Bo's Soul Rider. Bo's Soul Rider almost killed Bo's Gabriel Dorkface-Riddle's white egg by almost sinking his teeth into the egg! Thank the Dragon Lord the Egg and Hatchling Guards were there to claw him unconscious!

So, that makes two huge problems in our clans: the "trouble makers" and the possessed dragons. Aack! A huge rock just smashed onto Bo's Feverball, the magma frozen hatchling! Oh no! Now a thunderous storm is on! It is so bad, the water is smudging some of the writing! I must go now!

Signed,

Bo's Opal And Pearl; Opal; split female

Dear Journal,

Last night was in celebration of the New Year 2010. Everyone was there to countdown to the new year and watch the fireworks. Everyone except my master and Guardian of the Aura. Ever since the near theft of someone else's egg, we have been trying to catch a trio egg for her but to no avial. Phantom (as she is called) gets worse every day, dashing for someone holding a trio egg in an attempt to steal it but held back. Many of the other dragons think she is going insane. After the fireworks, an emergancy meeting was called about our growing population. It was agreed apon that we have to move to a bigger cave. The elders were upset about leaving their birthplace, but agreed. Oh Phantom, please get better. We are doing the best we can to make your dream come true.

Silver Tiger Striped

Edited by PhantomoftheWolves

Entry 5

I have matured today, me and a another of my kind named Goldie Wings have hit adult hood. The others are in awe of us and our golden wings striped with green and red. One dragon, Minty Spirit (Named after his grandfather) , has a interest in me I can not make out. I also have seen every creature my owner possess, including a fluffy little thing that I have no clue to what it is. Nothing else has happen, besides the fact I have heard 'a new decade has begun!', otherwise nothing else.

Treasured Joy

Dear Journal,

Last night we watched a crystal ball drop that apparently brought the "new year". Our keeper, Riversong, was very excited. Apparently this "new year" is something humans look forward to. Anyways, I'm more excited about the fact that Riversong managed to snatch one of the very last Christmas dragons from the Abandoned Cave! It just hatched, and we're all impatient for it to mature. Other than that the cave has been pretty quiet lately-not that it'll stay that way for long. The coming days promise to be very exciting...

Zaratha ((Whiptail)) (First dragon of Riversong's Cave)

Hmm, perhaps I did get a little too excited about 2010. Oh well, at least the Christmas dragon hatched. Now I'm just waiting for it to mature.

Edited by Riversong

Dear Journal,

Mama got a red egg. It's the same species of "Chocolate strawberries" (red dragon) and Fluffy white wings and Baby-Blue eyes had another egg. There praying it will be a boy because one of the pink Male dragons influenced it. It's also going to be a frozen hatchling. And the winter egg hatched. It's really cute and I think its going to be a Girl. So that is my update but something freaky happend last night. Mama went home and all of us were in the cave alone. Vampire kisses was sleeping with her egg and the egg hatched. She looked at the hatchling and it was born dead. I got really scared and Candy Cane Cheer fainted. Vampire Kisses said not to freak out, she said thats the first stage of a vampire. I'll never look at vampires the same way ever again. It's also creepy the way Vampire Kisses cuddles it she alsways calls it her "Baby." I have no comment to that. I'm going to go now...Bye!

~Chestnuts

1st month, 2nd day, 2010th year

Journal,

Today was very nerve-wracking. Bo's Feverball is in Bo's Gabriel Dorkface-Doom's den because of the boulder that fell on him. Bo's Gabriel Dorkface-Doom has assigned two males to guard the outside of his den so no one can enter. There must be some pretty strong healing magic going on in there; as the entrance to his den keeps spilling out different coloured lights. The whole clan is so worried for the little frozen hatchling; even the other frozens are keeping quiet.

Stranger and stranger things have been happening. Bo's Dreams Of Summer's hatchling has...disappeared. She was sleeping. I wasn't. A big crash of lightning volted across the sky - one of the results of the possessed dragons' storms - and she woke up screaming. I flew over to her, and looked in the little space inside her curled up body, expecting to see the hatchling. but it's gone. That was six hours ago, and Bo still hasn't returned from going to look for it! I think it has something to do with the "trouble makers". Bo's Dreaming Of You looked like he was going to bust out laughing when Bo's Dreams Of Summer screamed.

The rain from the possessed dragons' terrible storms has washed away all the snow, but made it even colder. Dens are being flooded, and food is being drained away. Another desperate famine has hit our clan. Bo's Solar Energy, one of the possessed dragons, casted some DarkMagic on me, and now I am trying not to kill the dragons in my clan! And you know what's really weird? The possessed dragons are easy to make out: they have glowing purple flames surrounding them. This DarkMagic inside me is growing worse. Every time I look at a dragon, my eyes glow blood-red and all I see is its skeleton. I feel haunted!

Our clan is in trouble, obviously. The possessed dragons are flying around in the sky like they don't mind the heavy rains screeching curses, and I am sitting here in a corner, glowing dark green. Other dragons are staring at me. Oh my gosh! Bo just returned! She has...a bunch of...scars and bite marks....all over her skin! Her human clothes are...all torn up and...one of her eyes has...a purple outline! I can't get up to help her, though. The DarkMagic might make me hurt her even more! What the! Bo's Soul Rider just lifted me into the air! I'm going to drop my paper! Okay, I have to stop wiritng so I don't drop it in the middle of a sentence! Bye!

Signed,

Bo's Colourless Shimmer