Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dear Journal,

The rest of the batch matured today, properly named Maiden Feuer, Pink Lahd and He Leveled Up. Mother decided to name them by their parents, as usual.

The two Christmas Angels likes to fly next to the adults. When I was on my hunting day, Shiny Christmas Angel and Little Christmas Angel both flew next to Orange Raikou and I. Midnight Raikou was struggling behind, casting thunder on random objects, (nothing living though) with just a simple lift of her claws. We still managed to get a few pieces of meat, a few vegetables, and a few pieces of fruit for our food source.

I think the two Christmas Angels would follow the mints on their monthly vegetable/fruit plucking, even though the plucking is supposed to be mints only, even though the hatchlings are very majestic-looking. Mother says they have three different wing patterns when they are adults, but we can only have two. Some force lets us abandon any extra Christmas Angels. I suppose it helps the other mothers/fathers in getting Christmas Angels and spreading the joy.

The other ones in the batch are quite unkind to me, maybe possibility because of the adults' rumors about me. In fact, I heard Howaito say to the batch, "Do not listen to Midnight Ninja and her related ones, Orange Raikou and Midnight Raikou. They are very unkind. If you are distraught by their words, I warned you." I could easily imagine the two Christmas Angels not listen to Howaito. I doubt they won't even listen to a Healer or Magician Mother has appointed. Thankfully, Orange Raikou is much more than a Magician. He is an Elder according to Mother. We need more Healers in the cave, just in case, but only a few dragons get sick.

Mother and the hatchlings are awaiting me.

~Midnight Ninja

Regular Female Black & Warrior of the Cave

Dear Journal,

Riversong has been taking in eggs like crazy! In the past day she's adopted a light blue egg with white markings, a green egg, and is now looking for a sun egg! I hope that she will take a break from adopting soon so that we can enlarge the cave. Anyways, I, Kyreah, grew up yesterday! Riversong says she heard that my breed may soon gain the power of Teleportation from the Great TJ who invented our world. She has high hopes for me and my soon-to-be power. Oh great, now she's off to find another egg...

Kyreah ((Magi))

To Whom It May Concern,

Well this, I can say, is most certainly my fault. You may recall, after Angel went into a trance and bit another vampire egg, I resolved to do things differently this time. I did, and it could not have gone worse.

In the past, the Ritual of Restoration was performed when its subject was at least gendered, as by then it would have grown enough to withstand the powerful magickal forces directed at it. This time, however, I decided to perform it a little early, when it was an ungendered hatchling, in the hopes of counteracting whatever residue of evil drives them to a monthly biting madness. This was almost certainly a contributing factor. Perhaps the fact that the egg was both born and bitten on the human holiday also had something to do with it. The presence of the creature alongside dragons as beautiful and innocent as the snow angels that first appeared on that day may have unbalanced it somewhat. Perhaps something else that I haven’t even thought of was involved. No matter what the cause, when the hatchling gendered, there was obviously something wrong with her.

Drusilla, as she was called, is quite mad. When she chooses to communicate with others, she speaks nonsensically, in riddles, revealing an erratic thought pattern. She has an interest in violence that is even alarming in a vampire, let alone a hatchling. She also has a taste for dragon blood, and has actually attacked other dragons. I attempted to Freeze her out of utter desperation that a vampire like this would not grow to be an adult, but the spell failed. As it stands, she will be an adult within 24 hours. I won’t lie; I’m scared.

Sincerely,

Wesley Black

Dear Journal,

There is much news. The Christmas dragons, both Yulebucks and what are being called "Snow Angels" have grown up. The Yulebucks are both male and the Snow Angels are female. They are beautiful. Their bodies are white and their wings are golden with red and green markings. I have always had a particular fondness for holiday dragons, thus my mating with The Luck Of Love and Araenrai's subsequent birth, and these ones are truly spectacular.

Another vampire has hatched and is on it's way to growing up. It has not gendered yet but we are hoping for another male. Aquana is starting to get used to the vampires, i think, though Aquanas still hates them with a passion, even though none of them have bitten any eggs in a fair while when all of them could.

There is also another white hatchling in the nest. There are hopes that the baby will gender female and become a mate to Midasi. Although he is not even gen, still his lineage would go well with the little one's. We shall have to see.

Also, the anniversary of the beginning of our cave is coming soon. The Winged Wolf says that it feels as though a short time has passed, barely a year, she says it feels like. But we all know that it is far longer than that. She is everything to all of us. We are only sorry that she wasn't able to get the Holly dragon egg that she desired this time. She says however that she is certain to try again in the future. We are glad that she doesn't give up and that she has no intention of leaving us any time soon.

All for now,

Aysthon.

1st month, 3rd day, 2010th year

Journal,

The planning for our huge attack is almost completed! The distractions are in set! Of course, we got the DarkMagic to possess the dragons from a magi in the Flashes. You know what's funny? The Flashes used to have female magis in them! But they started blabbering secrets, and the magi males banished them forever, including some males who were mates with the females! So yeah, the distractions are the possessed dragons. Hee hee, I love our plan! At this meeting I will suggest to the Shadows and the Flashes to plan something on Bo's Rosa E L'amore! Hahaha! By the way, if you are wondering why my writing is so fabulously good, I had a guardian from the Shadows "tutor" me.

The possessed dragons won't hurt Bo's Volcanic Doom, Bo's Navy And Cobalt or I, because the magi from the Flashes that gave us the DarkMagic said that the DarkMagic was  created just for us three; it won't hurt us. How did we get the DarkMagic in the five dragons, you ask? Just before we left for a meeting, we slipped some DarkMagic into each dragons' mouths while they were sleeping as instructed by the magi. I will journal more at our meeting.

Hello, hello! It is deep into the night now and we are in the Shadows' clan! I have a tingling feeling that someone was following us, but I can't find anyone, no matter how hard I look. Must have been some small animal or something. Anyway, I already suggested the assault on Bo's Rosa E L'amore, but I didn't tell anyone the real reason why. Bo's Volcanic Doom probably knows, though. I talked to him many weeks ago about it.

The Shadows and The Flashes said the idea was brilliant! They said it would make a great distraction for the other dragons, so we can steal all the prey that's left in the clan! We're also not doing just that, ha ha ha! We're stealing all the eggs, and both hatchlings! Also, The Shadows' neotropicals are going to leave our clan with some scars, the guardians are going to help if they get hurt, and the Flashes are going to use a power they stole from the mighty TJ: the ability to teleport eggs and hatchlings from one place to another! That is so cool! They are going to teleport the eggs and hatchlings to our meeting place!

Ah, I cna just imagine the whole scene right now! Also, the magi that gave us the DarkMagic knows a way to telepathically make the possessed dragons attack our clan! Ha ha ha! This is going to be one wide ride! Too bad Bo's Volcanic Doom, Bo's Navy And Cobalt and I cannot participate. After all, the clan cannot know we planned all this! Well, I must go now. The planning must continue!

Signed, Bo's Dreaming Of You; daydream male

P.S. - I really feel the presence of another, smaller dragon here. I'm going to order some of the Shadows' neotropicals to help me look for it.

Journal,

I followed the three trouble makers to their meeting place. Here I am hiding in the tall grass in a secluded meadow with my journal. I have to write lightly so the trouble makers don't hear me. They seem to be with two other clans. One is of neotropicals and guardians, and one is of magis. Hey! Those are the neotropicals that attacked us and stole our food a month ago! This must be serious. Oh no! Bo's Dreamign Of You just turned around! He looked in my direction! He just beckoned to some neotropicals to follow him, and they're walking towards my hiding place! I knew it wasn't the greatest idea to follow those three!

Okay, Bo's Dreaming Of You and the neotropicals just turned around and sat back down. Thank goodness the grass is the same colour as my scales, or they would've found me. I can finally make out a little of what they're saying! "...attack is going to be big...Bo's Rosa E L'amore...good idea...steal all their prey...eggs and hatchlings...enough writing Bo's Dreaming Of You (so he brought his journal too!)...DarkMagic...possessed...help us...write that down Slugger...those twigs will be used to..." that's all I can hear. Oh no. I have to sneeze!

Oh my goodness, I have to fly away! I have to sneeze! But my tail is tangled in some tall grass! I can't move at all! I'm going to sneeze!

Hello, Bo's Sunny Apricot Sky! We found you snooping around. Now, you will be the Shadows' first hostage in years. Ha ha ha! I think I'll take this journal off your hands too! Well, I would write more, but I have to get back to planning for the big attack on our clan. Ha ha ha!

Dear Journal,

The big move is finally here! Phantom has gotten better enough to go look for a new cave and she found it: a large cave with seperate chambers, a incubater, a large entrance, and a secret shortcut to the abandoned pile! What a great cave this will be! We all swiped away the egg shells and our bedding with our tails out the entrance to clean it up for anyone who moves in. Then Phantom's Lucky Star and Phantom's Birthday Girl picked up all the eggs.

I have to end it here, we're about to leave now.

Silver Tiger Striped

Edited by PhantomoftheWolves

Dear Journal,

The two Christmas Angels have matured into adults and their wings... they're very majestic. Most of the cave's dragons are in awe of their wings. We are happy and satisfied by their appearance. The majority of the males want to be the Angels' mates, but Mother scolded them immediately. The two Christmas Angels still love following the cave dragons around. Kind of creepy, don't you think?

I've heard rumors that the nursery AND the nest are going to get moved today. I won't believe it until I actually see it.

Crysis and Crydo are already on their fruit/vegetable plucking. Usually it's on the middle weeks, like the twentieth or nineteenth. Oh well. Time for the rest of the mints to pluck vegetables or fruit.

Houka Warrior has been hunting a lot recently. Sure, fire dragons are most likely prone to hunting, but not a lot. I wonder what's up with that fire dragon?

Mother, along with Crysis and Nadeshiko, has grabbed a mint, pink, a strange yellow striped one, one that has gray, black, and red bands of colors, and a puddle dragon, bred by I Finished a Robo Tournament and I Failed a Robo Tournament, the puddle egg.

Time to teach more warrior abilities to the newbies. But what's the point? Mother hasn't been raising much warrior dragons...

~Midnight Ninja

Regular Female Black & Warrior of the Cave

Dear Journal,

Guess what!? The red and white eggs both have a little crack in them and the winter hatchling is a Female. Her name is "Winter time Beauty". Mama's translucent hatchling turned out to be a girl but she still kept her. Mama froze the hatchling and named her Visible Eyes. Today in the cave there was a Silver dragon snd a green striped and the bred to produce a Silver egg. Mama is very happy and one of the Female pinks influenced it to be its own gender. The only Female silver in the cave is "Silver cupcake" and she's a Dorkface. I wish me and my brother had a famous linage. *Sigh* Mama goes back to school tomorrow and she wont be around the cave that much. She said not to worry and she will be back when she comes home. She also said that she still can have a sleepover in the cave, but only on weekends. I can always look on the bright side...We dragon get to be in the cave all by ourselves and screw around. Ha ha! I have to go now Vampire kisses is still cuddling the ugly hatchling and she asked me to watch it for her while she gets food. *Shivers*

~Chestnuts

Journal,

The clan is in chaos. First, the possessed dragons are wreaking havoc on the clan with their monstrous storms, then, the three trouble makers seem to have sudden great interest in the eggs and hatchlings, and last but not least, Bo's Sunny Apricot Sky is missing! The trouble makers came back from their secret meeting at about the time Bo calls "three o'clock in the morning", and it is evening already! She has not returned! I am very worried for her, and may follow her very faint scent to see where she is. I don't know though. What if I don't come back too?

Bo found a journal entry from her in Bo's Dreaming Of You's den. It was hard to read, because some things had claw marks and smudges all over them. She followed them all the way to their secret meeting place, a secluded meadow in a territory of a wild clan called the "Shadows". That's all we could read. The rest is too incomprehendable. Also, Bo's Feverball, the frozen hatchling who was crushed by a boulder from a possessed dragon, is in terrible condition. He is rather flat, and the hardened magma on his tiny frame has cracks in it. His eyes seem dull and lifeless, and he won't talk, move or eat.

Well, tomorrow, Bo goes back to a giant human den where bigger adult humans teach human hatchlings life lessons in acedemics and physical education. She calls the place "school". This means she won't be around anytime from the time of "eight o'clock in the morning" to "three o'clock in the afternoon". That is from sunrise to sunset. Well, in the snowfall season, that is usually when the sun sets. If there even is a sun. Because of the five possessed dragons' huge storms and troubles, we haven't seen the sun even since they became possessed! Which is about seven days, or one week.

Oh did I mention that Bo's Solar Energy injected DarkMagic into Bo's Colourless Shimmer? Now, she glows dark green, but she still has some sense in her, thank the Dragon Lord. Her eyes glow blood red every time she looks at a dragon, and she says that she onl sees our skeletons. How revolting and scary! I would despise to be her right now. She is sitting in a corner of the clan, hunched over a piece of paper from her journal. The other day, Bo's Soul Rider lifted her into the air, and she dropped one of her entries. We all read it and it was truly frightening to read. Thank goodness Bo got her down safely.

Well, I must go. It is time to settle into sleep! Goodnight!

Signed,

Bo's La Pace E L'amore; pink female

Edited by Bobophie98

Journal,

Oh dear.. distress. Again. The egg Adele bit hatched and grew up recently, and she was named Maxinne Budeur. I have not the slightest idea why she chose 'Budeur'.. it sounds a lot like my clan's surname, Buvuer. Anyway, I'm going off-topic. As soon as she matured and gathered enough venom to bite an egg, she did so. It is customary that we warn the dragon about the consequences of biting. And as always, no one listened.

So, Maxinne, or Maxi, chose a whiptail from the AP and brought it back to the main cave. All of the dragons surrounded her to watch. Since we just moved up here from the Dungeons, it was the other dragons' first time to see an egg being bitten. Maxi is an impatient one- she sank her teeth down and didn't release them until 10 seconds later. To our relief, the egg that was once a leathery brown color with blue stripes turned into a smelly, dark brown egg with a decorative cross in the center. Everybody was awestruck, and it was Maxi who broke the silence with a 'YAY!'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went out to hunt afterwards. Maxi was reluctant to leave her egg behind, but we made her comply... that was the worst mistake I've ever made.

Once we returned, Maxi headed to the separate nest for vampire eggs. She screamed. 'My egg... it's gone!' she wailed. Everybody rushed to her side. Adele tried comforting her, but it was of no use. I asked all of the dragons if anyone took it or if anyone saw it. The answer was, of course, no. Scini offered to help by casting a truth spell upon the clan. She told me to ask again, but the answer was still no.

What happened to Maxi's egg still remains a mystery. Until now, she broods in a corner. It's not pleasant to see her like this.. we're thinking of adopting a new egg for her.

~Vit Buveur

I’ve not hatched yet. It’s not the right time, I can feel it. It’s cosy inside my egg and I’m reluctant to hatch. I can hear voices outside the thick shell of my egg. I’m not sure who it is, but they say I’m a sunrise dragon. They tell each other that I’m called Sunny Side Up Dorkface. I don’t know who my parents are. They never talk about them, but they’re forever talking about Midas Dorkface and Shallyna’ar, whoever they might be. The name tells me we might be related in some way, though.

I don’t seep much. I don’t feel the need. The only time I do sleep is for an hour at sundown … It all makes no sense whatsoever to me, but I hope that when I hatch, one of the older dragons will tell me.

~ Sunny Side Up Dorkface

Edited by flyinghigh12

Dear Journal,

Ugh. Mother was at human school today. "Guys, I'll be leaving around eight thirty AM and I will return at about four o'clock PM. I would probably be a twenty or more minutes early. If something happens to me, take good care of the eggs and unfrozen hatchlings, and take eggs and raise them," Mother said.

Whenever a batch of hatchlings mature in the cave, she always explains what a human school is. "They, the teachers, also humans, teach us the history of many different countries, and even the one I reside in. They also teach us the correct way of saying or writing something in my native tongue, and educate us in numbers, and then some more." she says, the first sentences of a boring but interesting lecture.

The mint egg is about to hatch, hopefully it will be kind to me, just like the two Christmas Angels. The pink one has a tiny crack on the corner, oh well.

~Midnight Ninja

Alt Female Black & Warrior of the Cave

P.S. I thought I was just a simple regular black dragon. Guess not. Thank you Kishi.

Dear Journal,

In the cozy confines of my cave, I write to you with one of the soft feathery pens of my human friend. She has given me, though I didn't even ask for one, a journal... which would be you. Because of how tradition goes, I suppose I should write about my day. After all, there's never a boring earth rotation in this cave.

My name is Doruth, a Black Dragon of great skill and power. Like most of my kind, I am strong, fierce, and altogether deadly. To my cave, though, I am not. In fact, with my allies, I am a kind being, though a bit mischievous at times. My mate, a Gray Dragon named Gliding Doodles, is very kind to me, and my daughter Silvertalons is everything I could ask for. I have no regrets with the family life I have chosen.

Today was one of those sleep in days I always seem to have in the winter. No matter what, the cold always causes me great drowsiness. Since I just couldn't get up this morning, Gliding Doodles was forced to awaken me with thunder, which frightened me silly. The rest of the day was just like the beginning from then on. I went on my daily hunt in the forest, only to fall asleep in a mound of snow. Luckily, a kind Christmas dragon, I believe her name is Clorrai, awakened me and lead me home, telling me that it was not safe to sleep in the cold. For the remainder of the day's cycle, I remained in my cave. Gliding Doodles brought me fish to eat, and my daughter slept on my head. Not much else occurred, but I felt content by the fire that the Red Dragons had made to keep the cave warm. I suppose winter just isn't my season...

Yours Truly,

Doruth

Edited by Floodsdragon

Dear Journal,

Today Riversong told us about a strange, scary-sounding place. She calls it "school", and she has to go there five days of each week to learn things about...well, everything. This wasn't so bad until she said she would be gone most of the day! She can now only see us in the morning of at night, and that isn't fair! To make matters worse, she has to take sheets of paper home and "work" on them (that's why she can't get on earlier in the day). I think Dragon Keepers should only have to go to school three days a week, and have access to their dragons at all times. When I told Riversong that, she smiled and said she liked the idea, but it couldn't happen. So now I'm sitting here, bored to death because Atera the Joybringer (we all call her Atera for short) grew up yesterday, and the two remaining eggs haven't hatched yet. Well, that's all I have to say, so I'm going to take a nap till Riversong comes. Bye.

Unnamed (and ungendered) Skywing hatchling

Edited by Riversong

Dear Diary,

I feel very hot. Is spring coming?

Uncle WingedDemon read us a story today, about the zombie war. Aunt BotchedEffort made all the cool sound effects. It was really awesome, especially when the 'zombie' came out. I jumped, along with some of the dark dragons that were playing poker near us.

I feel lonely. No-one plays with me, now that my Cheer friend's getting traded off. Then, Drac found this vine called UnluckyClover. Maybe we can be friends!

~WinterDorkface.

1st month, 5th day, 2010th year

Journal,

Well, some of the storms subsided, but a few storms shower the clan now and then. The possessed dragons seemed to have "settled down", but something still doesn't feel right. Maybe it's because despite everything that has been happening, those three trouble makers have still been going on their meetings every night. Bo's Sunny Apricot Sky still hasn't returned after following them once, and we think that the wild clan in her entry took her hostage!

Well, there's a little bit of news that's...well, not bad, but it makes Bo's Victoria and Bo's Shadow Warrior ecstatic. Well, Bo has a sudden interest in black eggs, you know, the black eggs that have a outline of glowing green? She brings back all these black eggs, and we already have three of them! Apart from the neotropical egg that Bo's Dreams Of Summer "adopted" by herself to replace her hatchling, those are all the eggs we have! But, you know what is good? Small animals that have tiny wings to fly and have beaks called "birds" are starting to come back! They are chirping like a madman is on the loose, which is very pleasant for our struggling clan!

Well, guess what? Two of the eggs that Bo snatched have hatched. One is a regular black, and the other is an alt! This is very grand indeed! Also, every time that an egg hatches or a hatchling grows up, she goes to get another black egg! I asked her why, and she said she wanted a regular black "army" of frozen hatchlings with wings. I don't blame her. Some other clans do, and I hear they are loads of fun. She also said she'd like the same with black alts, but that might take a little longer. Oh well, we're off the a good start with that one alt.

I must go, now. It is the time Bo calls "seven o'clock in the morning", and I have been up since that time...yesterday! Goodbye, and goodnight!

Signed, Bo's Raspberry Rhubarb, female balloon; new adult

Edited by Bobophie98

Dear Journal,

*Sigh* I'm really mad at one of the Vampires right now. His name is Darkness at night and yestorday he brought back one of those horse eggs. There purple with a blue stripe. What happend was that he stole it from its mother and brought it back to the cave. Mama had her back turned and she was puting the silver egg in its little crib/hut. Darkness at night bit the egg too fast and Vampire kisses screamed "NOOO! You idiot you killed it!!!" Everybody ran what was going on and sitting right in front of Darkness at night was a dead egg. Mama gasped and started at the dead egg. She didnt cry. She didnt get mad. The only thing she said was "Dont feel bad. It's not like you did it intentionally. I came over and poked my head under her arm. Kind of like a nudge. Mama stood up and said "Ok everybody get back to whatever you were doing. Then everybody walked away including Mama. After everybody was gone I stomped over to Darkness at night and giot up in his face. "If only you would liston to Vampire Kisses none of this would have happend! Not only did you steal from a mother dragon who is probably worried sick but you took a life of an innocent egg. Everybody is telling me its not a big deal and eggs and hatchlings die all the time. I understand that but I'm very sensitive about that stuff. The good thing that came out of today was that the white egg hatched and Mama rescued a Magi and Translucent egg. They should be close to hatching. Also the red egg hatched and it already learned how to breathe fire. I'm still very sad though.

~Chestnuts

Dear Journal,

Ah, I'm just a regular black one. My mistake. Thanks Kishi.

Anyway, all of the batch we have currently are about to hatch. I am hoping that they will be nicer and more compassionate to me.

Ahh, I have so little to write. Good bye for now.

~Midnight Ninja

Regular Black Female & Warrior of the Cave

Dated: Sixth Day of the First Moon, Season of Ice of the Year Twenty Ten

Dear Journal,

Greetings, allow me to intoduce myself. I am Skydancer ( or JavaTiger's Skydancer of Lupinus, if you prefer to be formal). I am a white dragon female; the JavaTiger, my human, tells me that my father was a powerful white dragon male named White Sox( she says this name makes her think of baseball, though I don't know why). My clan is a relatively young one and as such we tend to ALWAYS have new eggs and hatchlings in our cave, but I was one of the first dragons my human managed to successfully raise. As of this moment we have a winter season egg, and a neotropical egg that are very near to hatching, as well as a mint egg that is not; also a frill, a water, and a balloon hatchling. I would say that I have found many new friends among the other clan members that JavaTiger has gathered. Some of them refer to me as a "dorkface", though I don't much care for this because while it is true that I am distantly related to Midas Dorkface and his mate Shally'anar, I never liked the name( and in fact my ancestors have not carried the dorkface name for several generations). In any case, my human says that soon it will be time for her to go back to school. I don't remember much about school as I was young then, other than it kept her quite busy. Now that we are aquainted with each other, I will keep you posted as to further updates on my clan.

~~~Skydancer of Lupinus, White Dragoness of the JavaTiger Clan

Edited by JavaTiger

Shadow's Journal Entry,

Dear Journal,

Not much has happened even though I haven't written for a while. First off, A man came to our cave looking for a trade. We said we didn't have enything to trade, and the man said "well I'll give you this egg, even if you have nothing to trade for. Then when Merlin picked up the egg, he said "Ouch!" Then he put a spell on his hands. and we all followed it to the nursery. Since then this (magma egg)has grown into an adult last night. We named him "Magama" because he is the first magma egg we have gotten. On another note we have a red hatchling that is really nice. it really keeps to it's self though. We also were able to catch two other red eggs and a magi egg and one mint egg.they all seem to be doing good. Well another thing is that Bloodsucker Pop-pop is able to bite in about 13 days. He is verry excited.

-------------------Shadow

Dear Journal,

I have never questioned SeaChel's judgment until today. She went out hunting for more dragons to bring into the clans like she normally does once or twice a week. After a while of searching, she brought back three white eggs (all "nicely lineaged" (her words, not mine), and two of them are twins). Then she left the cave again for a LONG time, taking Harina (the eldest of the Songflight clan and our mentor) with her. When they came back, there was a horrible stench that came with them and SeaChel brought in a Vampire egg.

I was furious with her (though I hid it well, as it is not my place to cross the Dragon Singer) and I wanted to grab the egg and throw it out of the cave to be dashed on the rocks. I remembered too well the attacks by Vampires that was made on October 31st, and I did not want one of them in the clan.

She must have sensed my displeasure, for she left the egg with Harina and came near to me (forgetting about the stench that had now contaminated her, but I forced myself to not back away). She spoke to me mentally and explained she reasons for wanting a Vampire in our cave. She said that as Dragon Singer, she must reach out to all kinds of dragons (and Harina agreed with her on this point), and that she wanted to prove that there could be some good in the breed of Vampire dragons.

After this, she told me that I must help her to protect this egg at all costs. Reluctantly, I swore to do so. I am tightly bonded to Dragon Singer, and as so I know that she wants what's best for us and the other dragons out there. So I will help to protect the egg, but I still don't feel very good about the thought of a Vampire in our midst.

~Sesina Songflight

Black female, leader of the Songflight Clan

Dear Journal,

The eggs are still in the process of hatching, but one of them hatched and grew up sick. Mother has used her limited magic on the sick hatchling to make people stop feeding her. Mother is also collecting medical herbs just outside our cave and the white dragons are healing the hatchling to the best of their ability. The warrior dragons are in their hunt early to feed it, as well as the peaceful dragons are in their vegetable/fruit plucking early. Mother has also been saving an emergency vegetable/fruit just in case 'something like the Bubonic Plague happens.'

Strange words. What is the Bubonic Plague? I've asked most of the magi dragons and no reply. Time to assist in healing the hatchling, though.

~Howaito

White Male & Master Healer of the Cave

Dated: Seventh Day of the First Moon, Season of Ice of the Year Twenty Ten

Dear Journal,

Well, since I wrote yesterday, our little neotropical and seasonal eggs have hatched. Oh, and our water dragon came of age yesterday and is now a member in full of our clan; he will become a fine upstanding member of our group, I am certain. The JavaTiger brought home a shiny black egg with an eerie green glow to it yesterday, she says she knows that there are two kinds of black dragons, the normal ones and the rarer all black ones. She says she is hoping that the egg hatches into an all black and has been pampering it since she brought it back. As a peaceful dragon, I don't know how I feel about sharing quarters with a warrior as black dragons tend to be, but JavaTiger is certain that we will get on just fine. On another note, she is also trying to decide what to name our new little winter dragon hatchling; she says she is considering naming it "Talvinen" in honor of her Finnish ancestors, but isn't at all sure yet. Well, until I write again...

~~~Skydancer of Lupinus, White Dragoness of the JavaTiger Clan

Edited by JavaTiger

Dear Journal,

Guess what!? While Mama was away at a place called "School" one of the silver eggs hatched. Its very shiny and lights up a silver glow. Kind of like a flash light. It's one of the cutest hatchlings I've ever seen. Mama predicts that its going to be a girl. Do you remember the Magi egg Mama saved? It hatched today and the hatchling has very strange eyes. Almost a little creepy. That Translucent egg is way to shy. I want to stick my head in that egg and tell the hatchie to come out but Mama said No way! That I could scare the poor hatchling inside. She says to give the hatchie some time. Mama also got a thunder egg but every time she goes near it her hair sticks up, like a balloon rubbing on her hair. She asked "Sparking Bolt" to put it were he sleeps. Right now Mama is making a spot in the cave were she can put eggs and hatchlings in. Also the Red dragon is a Female and her name is "Flame kisses" She has quite the personality. As for everybody else there all doing fine. I'm starting to cool down about the whole vampire biting incident but I dont think Vampire kisses is or there leader "Seeking Eggs" The vampire Clan fears him and Vampire Kisses told him all about the dead egg incident. He was mad and Seeking eggs almost threw Darkness at night out of the cave, but there is one thing Seeking eggs is afraid of and cannot disobay...Mama. She sent Seeking Eggs to the corner and everybody laughed including the Vampire Clan. It was pretty funny. Dont tell him I said that. Better yet, I shoudl hide you in Mama's office. He never goes in there. If he finds this Journal he'll swipe at me and I dont like to be swiped at.

~Chestnuts