Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Dear Journal,

Our owner said she was going out to the cave to get some eggs when she returned. I looked at the egg she was carrying and asked: "What egg have you got?" She replied,"This egg is a winter seasonal like Pink Rooster and the others." "What about the christmas dragons you have talked about?" i said. " Well, i will have to wait for them to appear unless you would like to come with me?" " I will come with you as long you don`t get those vampire dragons that bite a egg." " It`s a deal." " Also would you tell the others to get some christmas decorations and everything else?" she handed me a list. " Give this to White Snowdrop and Purple Alice." " Okay who do you want to go with them?" "I think Scaley Frills and Orange Squas."

i got to go, my owner is calling me.

Silver Glow 1

Edited by WhisperingWillows

Shadow's Journal Entry,

Dear Journal,

Well bloodSucker's egg has been a "female" hatchling for a few days now. from experiance she will probobly grow up in about 2 days. On other news.. Merlin Found a couple of Yulebuck eggs.. they only come out at this time of year, we were lucky .. we found them really fast, and close together. And Merlin traded with a nearby cave for a dorkface albino.. they didn't ask for anything in return which was nice..it shows true christmas spirit which is giving to others. We let go of some of our eggs to the southern part of the cave to the woman that lost hers in an attack. she thanked us very much. We then found out we had enough room for one more egg and Merlin took me out to find one .. of course I found an Albino.. but even better it was a CB. We've been finding a lot of those lately.. but unfortunately we've had to let them go. Merlin was telling me about one of his new plans but i got sidetracked.. and Pop-pop wanted to talk to me, and here he comes again with Grandma Sally by his side

got to go--

-------------Shadow

Dear Journal,

Things have gotten slightly better sence I last wrote. Time has gone by very quickly. There are thirteen of us now, including the egg.

My son, he has grown up! My master named him Auburn Leaf, and he grown into a fine hunter. How happy it made Kaijenn and I when he hatched. You cannot imagine the look of joy upon our faces! However, I've yet to metion the other members of our family. Sky, Magyk, and Kyarian all grew up healthy and strong. Our eggs hatched, much to Storm's pleasure. The other eggs hatched as well and, thankfully, grew up with out a problem. Silver and Dardre were especially pleased, as their firstborn daughter was among those that hatched. Her name is North Star Guardian. Storm gave her such a beutiful name that we could barely stand to shorten it, so we call her North Star. Our final member is Darkest Lilac, but we call her Darla. She is very different than us, Storm says that she is a Horse Dragon.

Auburn fell in love with Darla, and very soon I am going to be a grandfather! There's something odd about the egg. It doesn't match the vibrent colours of Fall. It's similar to the sheets of white snow outside. My master, however, was overjoyed. She said that the egg was a winter seasonal, and that she'd been looking for one but finding little luck. Kaijenn had an egg as well. It looked the same as the other winter seasonal.

Lately I've been hearing about an event called Christmas. It struck me as odd, because Storm did not mention it. Things ended on a sour note when she went to leave. "Storm, why didn't you mention it was allmost Chirstmas time?" I asked, between a mouthful of deer. "Christmas? I don't celibrate it." she replied poking our fire pit with a stick. "But, why not?" I said confused "Everyone eles does." Not looking up, she replied "It's rather confusing. Even I don't fully understand it. You see my family are what you call Jehovah Witnesses."

"Is that some breed of dragon?"

"No, it's a religion. All over the world there are people who don't believe in celibrating Christmas, or any Holiday for that matter, because they think that it goes against Jehovah God."

"But, why?"

"Christmas is supposedly the birthdate of Jesus christ, but there isn't really anyway to prove that. For all we know he could have been born in March." After musing over it for a bit I still didn't understand it. I finally asked "So why don't you celibrate Christmas?" she looked up at the sky and made a little frustrated "Uggghh!" sound then left.

Other than that, everything has been pretty good.

Sincerly,

Autumn's Full Moon

Dear Journal,

That vampire grew up a while ago. She's a Female and her name is Haunted Heart. She's actually nice (But don't tell anyone I said that.) It's almost Christmas and Master saw some Yulbucks runing around. She found two eggs at that really chilly cave and they turned out to be twins. The Mother laid them the same day. It's so cool! first twins in the clan. biggrin.gif There were also some automs in the clan that bred and they has a Winter egg. It's really pretty and its sparkely. Master is glad she has them and the striped and the grey egg are almost adults now. The grey one is a Female and her name is Lady Rain storm and the stripe is a Male and his name is Warrior of Stripes. Were all doing good.

To Whom It May Concern,

We have another vampire in our cave. It was Darla again. It was early in the night, before I had had a chance to go out hunting, as I am now the de facto leader of the dragons and therefore quite busy, but I was actually out of the cave when I heard the commotion. It was just like last time: We heard a commotion, our guardian dragon was found unconscious on the floor, and Darla was found, standing glassy-eyed, with an egg in her mouth. It was another caveborn red egg. The difference here was that the egg was not splintered and cracked, utterly destroyed by her jaws, but rather a whole and seemingly undamaged vampire egg. She had made it one of her own.

Of course, she was immediately captured and a nearby cave while we decided what to do. Thelonious had to be located, which proved to be unexpectedly difficult, as he has now become nocturnal and rather reclusive, and no one was sure where he was. When we eventually located him, he was devastated, and insisted that she was not acting of her own will when she killed the egg. I wasn’t so sure.

I gathered our cave’s magick users and sent out for any of my magick-wielding associates that I could find, and we regrouped at the cave where Darla was being held. She was quite distressed and disoriented, and claimed not to even remember the event. Thelonious, of course, believed her, but I was more sceptical. Everyone involved did agree that her behaviour was unusual, however, quite unlike how she acted before she was given a soul, and I remembered the blank look I had seen in her eyes.

We held a long discussion that took most of the night, and we were unable to come to any definite conclusions, but we did know this: Darla was acting oddly and quite unlike herself that night; she showed no evidence of being desouled; cases of vampires being driven into a biting madness, even “good” ones, once every lunar cycle, exist; and it has been exactly one moon since she killed the first egg. In the end, we decided to continue to hold her in the cave for the interim, with several dragons posted guard at its entrance at all times. Thelonious was allowed to join her. We also decided to keep the egg, rather reluctantly, as it is our mistake and our duty, as a community, to fix it, by raising it, re-ensouling it, and ensuring it does not become a killer too. (Besides, by this point, Mom had arrived and discovered the egg, and she was nothing short of overjoyed. She betrays a rather curious ignorance of dragon politics, as well as a lack of common sense, through her love of vampires. Does she not know how they reproduce?) Thelonious and Darla can care for it, and raise it away from living, untainted dragons.

All I can hope is that this time, things turn out better.

Sincerely,

Wesley Black

Journal,

I have made my decision. Despite being vampires and all, we are still dragons. Kaze said something about an event of some sort.. 'Christmas'. She described it as a merry get together for family and friends alike. I believe it is the perfect opportunity to return to the Upper Grounds.

It will be quite difficult, since Cheri and Accu are asleep in their respective rooms until next year. Based on what happened the last time, I don't think the others would be as welcoming. But we'll never know if we'll never try... maybe they'll be in the Christmas Spirit...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, Nu's bitten egg has hatched, and so has the other vampire we adopted. Since Nu is an Etant dragon, his egg will carry the name. We do not know yet what we will call the other, but Kaze says it has to have 'Dorkface' somewhere in it's name. It's a stupid name if you ask me, but Kaze just shook her head as if I were a child who doesn't know what my fingers were. We just let the subject drop; after all, she calls the shots around here.

Ah well, I must go. Preparations are being made for our 'visit'.

~Vit Buveur

Edited by KazeMunster

Dear Journal,

There is much excitement in the caves and much preparation. Christmas, a human holiday and one that the dragons here are prepared to celebrate, is nearly here. There are only two more days left before it arrives and there are rumors that there will be a new dragon come to the communities at that time. The Winged Wolf is very excited and is readying herself to search for and find two of their eggs to join us. I must say the idea of another sort of new dragons in the cave is more exciting to me than the idea of a human holiday.

Also, in other excitement, the Winged Wolf has brought to the cave two eggs from a dragon called the Yulebuck. Its kind was first seen the last time the Christmas holiday was celebrated (before my birth or that of any of the dragons here in our small community). She was very happy about being able to find two, both with impeccable lineages.

And the newest Dorkface, the one who is most special because of being 3rd generation, has hatched and should soon gender as well. The hatchling stays close to me save when playing with the other hatchlings. It isn't shy but it seems to like the company of its own kind most. I wonder why that is?

The fourth vampire has grown up and joined the others in vowing to never bite an egg not born from the main Cave. We are all rather pleased that they have all kept to their words. Never have any of them bitten an egg whose parents were known. Aquana and Aquanas still do not trust any of them, Aquanas especially, but they have grown used to the fact that the Vampires are here to stay.

All for now,

Aysthon.

Here's a journal entry I found inside Bo's Dreaming Of You's den. He has some spelling errors, so don't be surprised if you see something misspelled.

12th month 22nd day, 2009th year

Today was, as usual, a horrible day, and the cause of it all being Bo's Rosa E L'amore. He stole another female's heart; this time Bo's Winter Will Soon Set In. This naseating pink male is simply appaling! I bred with Bo's Winte Will Soon Set In some time ago, and she was very kind.

Today, I had a descriptive arguement with Bo's Rosa E L'amore and of course, all his blasted buddies defende him. It's unfair! Also today, I caught a minor cold. Lots of snifling and hacking and coughing. Also, today a neotropical female hatchling joined us. She should be an adult soon. Maybe I will breed with her. She is lovely.

The black alernite female hatchling is severely ill. She won't eat or move much, and the others are worried she might not make it. I am presuming that her illness is what the humens call "influenza". I really, really hope it doesn't spread to the other hatchlings, even the ones who are unabel to grow up, like Bo's Little Red Rover.

I am very excited. The humen who comes to our clan a lot (she tells us in telepathee to call her Bo) keeps telling us in telepathee that the humen holiday called "Crissmas" is cuming on the 25th of the 12th month. She calls it "Deesember". I hope I can spell those humen things at least close to how they should be spelled. I am obviously a terrible writer.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Well, it is very deep into the night, and I am tired. I shall try to write more tomorrow. Goodnight, journal.

Signed,

Bo's Dreaming Of You

Edited by Bobophie98

Shadow's Journal Entry,

Dear Journal,

The Albino DorkFace Egg hatched very late last night. It seems like it's attitude is conceeded, like it doesn't need anyone and it's is the best.... I am hopeing it's just because it is a hatchling. Yang-Twins the split's fourth kid should be growing up any time now. Lastly the two Yulebucks that Merlin caught yesterday have their first cracks in them.

Not much else.. We were able to get a lot of food for tomorrow's christmas eve dinner and more than enough for christmas day it's self.

pop-pop is getting anxious for Grandma sally (vamps) to grow up. He really loves her and she is showing major signs of maturity.. they are both feeling the (grown up) type of love for each other. I feel happy for them:)

-------------Shadow

This is a journal entry I found, this time in Bo's Colours Of The Wind's den. Again, be prepared from some spelling errors. I didn't seem to find any, but I may be incorrect.

12th month, 23rd day, 2009th year.

Journal,

This morning, I woke up and my son was gone. I figured that Bo's Autumn Breeze had just gone out for a morning stroll, so I aroused my son's female autumn friend and we set out to say good morning to him. We followed his scent all around the clan, then it stopped at the border to our clan. I became alarmed and knew he had flown away. We looked for him all morning and deep into the afternoon, but we could see no sign of him. A dragon from a different clan came later and told us that she had seen him in the Wilderness. My son ran away to the Wilderness!

I can't seem to figure out why he ran away. Was it...something in the clan? Did he not like something about one or a few of the dragons? What about me? I really can't put my claw on it right now. I just hope my tears don't stain up this paper. A lot of the dragons are here in my den right now, watching me write, except the ones who are still sleeping, like the hatchlings, and the ones who are supposed to be watching them today.

I already miss my son. Even though I pronounced him gone about a half of one hour ago.Well, I had better change the subject, or I will begin to weep again. Well, two days and two nights ago, the eggs laid by autumn dragons are converting into snowfall dragons. The humans call the snowfall season "winter". I have no clue why. It seems like a pointless name to me. Anyways, now if I do have any eggs with Bo's Walkin' On Sunshine, and they are seasonal, they will be winter. I really am very excited, but my mate and I have had no eggs since the beginning of autumn. Most dragons have had bad results, I being one of them, unfortunately.

Bo's Walkin' On Sunshine knows our son is gone. It is most unfortunate that she was assigned to watch the eggs today, so she cannot write with me. She may be writing now; I am not sure. I just hope she is not weeping on the eggs; for they may hatch with sorrowful spirits if she does.

There are so many things I am unsure about...

Signed,

Bo's Colours Of The Wind.

Okay, so this just happened to my clan. Seriously.

The whole clan's in an uproar. I can't find any peace and quiet anywhere. I'm writing this in the midst of the chaos in the hopes that one day, we'll be able to look back and understand what has happened.

The solstice came and went, passing uneventually for the most part. The next week marks the time that Yule dragons, the very spirits of this time, can breed and spread their goodwill and happiness. The only danger comes if more than two remain with a clan. Yules cannot handle being around many of their kind; they're actually rather fragile all things considered. As I have recorded before, two Yules already call us clan, Taure and Merendelen. It's rather sad none of their children can remain among us.

Anyway, Dulina, a quiet, gentle blue stripe, mated with her Taure and together they produced three red and white eggs. Dulina thought she could handle the separation but seeing her children, realizing what could lie ahead for them, well, she reacted as any mother would. But she also couldn't let her mate and his brother die. All in all, it was one of the saddest situations I've ever seen.

Until he came along. Duragar, third of the vampires. He announced he had a solution. His connection to the shadows and darkness was strong, very strong today. He told them, "Choose one of your own and I will attempt to turn it into a vampire. Should the shadows not call it away or if it doesn't die, it shall be one of us, one of the clan, without endangering itself nor the other yules."

The couple thought it over and selected the strongest egg of their mating. Dulina kept watch over it as Taure and Merendelen took the remaining two to the abandoned nests. Once they returned, Duragar bit the egg, injecting it with the shadows that sustain him and his kind. The spectators watched apprehensively, I have to admit I thought for sure the little one was a goner, but the egg survived, marked by the blood red cross of the vampires and here among us to grow as one of us. It was done. Duragar collapsed under the strain, as the vampires do after a successful turning, and was carried into the deepest, darkest parts of our caves to recuperate.

Not everyone was happy with the turn of events. There've been fearful, jealous whispers for months regarding the vampires, how their numbers grow too quickly, how they aren't to be trusted. Which is utter nonsense probably started by the youngest of the clan. They weren't around during the times of great darkness, only knew through stories how we survived only because of Lady Coiagar. They had only tolerated the vampires because they promised to never bite an egg of the clan. Dulina and Taure spent the next hour or so watching over their egg as word spread of its turning. One moment, the egg was there, safely tucked into Dulina's loving embrace. The next, it was gone, vanished into thin air.

They raised the alarm the second they realized what happened. Lord Kulistar quickly checked them and the area over. Come to find out they and the other nest keepers were put under some sort of spell which effectively knocked them all out long enough to spirit the egg away. We have tried accounting for everyone's whereabouts but everyone has a stone solid alibi. Lord Kulistar and Lady Marsgia even checked everyone over, making sure the memories they presented us were real. But who else could enter our nesting caves, guarded as they are by guardians, magi, and healers? The idea that enough clan dislike or distrust the vampires to completely hide their activities from us is the most unsettling part of this whole fiasco.

Taure and Merendelen have left to seek the egg, as have three of the remaining four vampires. The skywings, storms, frills, and blacks are ordered to search as well. Dulina is a mess, understandably so, and only her own parents can comfort her. She is really too young to be dealing with sort of heartache.

As for me, I'm just trying to come to terms with all of this. Our own clan members betrayed their bonds and somehow stole one of our children. I'm beginning to think that this attack has less to do with the fact the child was turned and more to do with the recent slew of stripes becoming life mates to the magmas, icicles, and even golds. I have no proof but I can't shake the feeling. Trifean says we albinos should never, ever ignore these bouts of intuition. Perhaps the twins can help me in my search...

--Eleetar, second albino of the Varnalond Clan

So, the moral of the story? Don't try to turn a yulebuck egg when you've already got two; it'll be abandoned anyway.

We have a new leader! Azulstar is in a depression, according to Leslie, and will let none but Leslie, LuciKnight, Flickerfly, and Tempest's Wing see her. Though this is saddening, it opens up a new path for a new leader. The leader has already come to pass. The silver, Midnight SilverSky, is leader. Though he is still young, he is strong and intelligent, brave and loyal, and, according to the clan females, very handsome.

Smudge wants his life-mate to be:

The red and white egg, called a yule

InkBlood Ruby, the black Smudge calls an "alt"

Or a different black.

Leslie told her not to meddle in love. Lady Smudge was, how should I put this, not pleased. Arya will be able to bite again soon, I hope. I wish for another vampire to accompany her...but what if it is male, and claims her affections. That worries me, but I do only want her to be happy.

Now it is time to rest. I will write more later.

Nayoro´s Journal.

Today Boxroom became a father. I knew that he was in love in Dorsal Pearl, Obelisky pretty daughter. Everybody knew that, besides Dorsal Pearl, lets call her her nick name now.

Boxroom was so brave. He walk right to Pearl and tell her about his feelings to her. And it turn out that she love him to, but she had keep it as a secret. No one knew it, but now everybody knew it. And how? Because.. the young little couple is going to have a little baby. I hope I can influence the egg to become a girl, I havnt done anything on weeks.

Here is an entry from the black alternate hatchling's journal, who just recovered from influenza. She is unnamed currently.

12th month, 23rd day, year 2009

I am still coughing a lot. Thank goodness that the influenza cleared up...mostly. I am, after all, having lots of cold flashes, sometimes so bad I shiver violently! The other adults are tending to me the best they can, but we don't have a white dragon in our clan, so there is no true professional healing techniques. Ugh, more coughing. I hate this. I guess it is natural to happen in the snowfall season. Too bad I have never experienced the other warmer seasons that the adults talk about. They sound so nice, compared to this season of blizzards.

It's getting colder and colder, and the wind is so strong my wings are planted against my back. Almost every single adult dragon has to either stay in their dens, or stay in my den. The only dragons that go out into this chaotic weather are the two icicle dragon adults. Sometimes, the little frozen icicle hatchling joins them. However, they don't bring back very much food.

The prey is terribly scarce; definitely not enough to feed our clan. I am always well-fed though. Most of the adults just go hungry. Some are starving. I really can't wait for the season that the adults call "flower-bloom season". It sounds like it is a lovely season. I just hope I make it to adulthood to see the pretty flowers. Aaah! A strong gust of wind is blowing my paper around! I had better wrap up this entry now! Bye!

Signed,

Me; I don't have a name yet!

Edited by Bobophie98

Dear Journal,

Today our master rescued a cute little Vine hatchling. She's a Female and belongs to the hatchling clan. The frozen hatchlings made there own little clan now. dry.gif Anyways, She was shivering cold and Master froze her right away. (No I don't mean the "freezing" kind of frozen.) As in she stopped growing. Her name is "Roses of Forgiveness." What a pretty name. And I also think this will be the last time writing in this old blank spell book. I'm on the last page of it and Master has a dozen of them. Mabye the Twin yulebucks can have some. Everyone is doing great and I just wanted to say thanks for letting me find you. I know that sounds weird but I am. Goodbye!

Sincerley,

Silver riches

23rd Day of the 1st Month of the Season of Ice

Everything is going quite well in the clan right now. Lady Kaze asked some of us to decorate the Underground Passages with leafy evergreens and twinkling lights. Then she instructed Cai to go outside, find a pretty pine tree that would fit in here then cut it down. The pine tree was placed in the center of the Salle de Rassembler, where the rest of the decorations were. After that, Lady Kaze dragged a huge box inside the room. We opened it and found out that it contained odd things.. plum colored balls, white crystals, silver knick-knacks and many other shiny stuff. We were instructed on how to use them to decorate the place. It was an hour or two later when we finished our work and marveled at what we turned the Underground Passages into. There were balls and lights and snow that Lady Kaze brought in to make the 'Winter Wonderland' more authentic. Every room looked spectacular, especially the Salle de Rassembler, which housed the most decorations.

With the transformation, our clan is ready to celebrate our first Christmas. Hopefully, the two Yulebucks will hatch in time, for they are the centerpiece of this event. It would be a shame if they were merely eggs sitting in the Nest, looking like a part of the decorations, while the whole clan is eating ham (which Lady Kaze says is delicious) and rejoicing.

The whole clan... that got me thinking. Does that mean the vampire will be joining us? Wherever they are? I suppose so.. they are still Etincelles. I have no problem with them, for I have learned to respect all breeds, but I don't think the others would be as welcoming. I will consult Lady Kaze about that later on. When I have, I will cordially invite Vit Buveur.

~La Jaune, Leader of the Etincelle Clan

Edited by KazeMunster

Shadow's Journsl Entry,

Dear Journal,

today has been a very busy day. The hatchling yang-twins has grown up. and the Yulebuck eggs already have a big hole in them. and with the last bit of news. GrandmaSally from the bloodSucker clan has grown up. She succesfully bit her first egg.. and I'm guessing that it was all payed off from pop-pop's training her. she is so closely bonded to the egg and pop-pop. she doesnt really associate with any body but me and NightHorse..and is slowly getting used to the splits and the rest of my family. ShdowPrince and grandma sally are the most distant. I hope bthey will get closer of course in a friendly family way.. I know that she and pop-pop care deeply for each other. Although GrandmaSally isn't mentioning to any of us.. including pop-pop in her status of a relationship.. we all think that they will be soulmates:) well im going to watch the egg all night..well sleep with it.. and the vamps will join me.. NightHorse doesn't mind me helping the vamps.. she said she might even sleep with us ...although i really doubt it ... she's a cautious mom that doesn't take any risks in leaving our children ..even if the are adults:) one more reason that I love her so MUCH:)

---------Shadow

Here is a journal entry I found from Bo's Walkin' On Sunshine. She lives with Bo's Colours Of The Wind; they are mates. (Some of the letters at the end may be cut off; the snow must have been hurtling down from the sky. "My" dragon clan lives in the mountains, and it blizzards very, very often!)

12, 23, 2,009

I miss my son deeply. I am still watching over the eggs and ungendered hatchling, even though it is nighttime. It is very cold outside! Thank goodness Bo's Solar Energy is here; his solar power is useful to warm the young ones. I feel bad for the young pink hatchling who has no wings. It is wailing, and I think it is hungry! Poor thing! I haven't eaten in a while; say, half of one week? Oh dear. Bo's Solar Energy's solar power is fading. The moon is hidden behind clouds! He needs light from either the sun or moon to use his power; otherwise it is useless.

Anyways, despite the miserable cold, fierce blizzard going on right now, the magma egg that has a huge hole filled with lava on it is warming me. Oh my. It just scalded my wing. Ouch! Oh well; at least it is hot; not cold. I am very excited; the two eggs with yulebuck fathers have large holes in them. If one were to look inside either egg, they would see two bright, glimmering eyes. The eggs should hatch soon.

I would be sleeping right now, as it is not morning, and I am a sunrise dragon, but I have to guard these eggs. It is just me and Bo's Solar Energy this time. There would be more dragons with us, but they all have different jobs. Snowfall is a very tough season. The snow is speeding down from the sky now, and is covering some of this pape...................Oh my. Some snow blocked off what I wrote before this! I had better wrap up this entry because the snow will block the rest of it off! Goodn.......

Bo's Walkin' On Sunshi..........

Edited by Bobophie98

Shadow's Quick Entry,

Dear Journal..

I forgot to mention that a weird guy came to the cave entrance and offered <erlin a "paper" dragon ..he said he couldn't take care of it because of all the snow and his trip back to his house would kill it or make it very sick.. Merlin of course said yes, and he said "I've been searching for one of those for a while... they started talking of some "buissnes" outside of the cave after Merlin told me to take the egg to the nursery and sternly said "Don't get it wet!" so I layed it next to the new vamp egg and something unexplainable happened. both eggs shifted towards each other..hmmm.. well that's it.. time to go ro bed ... I will be sleeping in the nursery tonight, and as i said Nighthorse won't be joining me.. which is okay:) I respect how she takes such good care of our children:)

goodnight journal

-----------------shadow

To Whom It May Concern,

The hatchling gendered today—it is a male—and we decided that this was the time to re-ensoul it. I had decided to wait until it had gendered to perform the Ritual to cut down on risks of failure or harm to the hatchling (and, for all that I dislike vampires, I have no wish to harm it over something that isn’t its fault—if I can avoid it). The Ritual worked just fine, and the hatchling was returned to Thelonious unharmed, if confused and alarmed. It has been named Angel Liam (apparently, there was some disagreement between Darla and Thelonious regarding what to name it, so it got two names). We will constantly monitor the situation, of course, but I believe that we may have averted the impending danger of having another ravenous monster among us.

Of course, other things have happened since Darla’s arrival in the cave, but I have neglected to mention them, as events seem quite un-newsworthy nowadays if no one’s life is threatened. So, we have had several different species of dragon join us in our cave, including a silver called Diana. I have to say, I now understand why silvers are called the most beautiful breed of dragons—not that I would say so to Winifred, of course. She has all of the young males—and some of the older males—courting her, but although she is obviously flattered with the attention, she isn’t ready to choose a suitor yet. It is also becoming the time of another human holiday, which seems to coincide with the migration cycle of certain breeds of dragons, and this holiday is supposed to be about the traits of kindness, generousity, and sharing; so I was not surprised to find Mom entering the cave limping, with several scratches on her face and bearing an egg of a dragon known as a “yulebuck” a couple of nights ago. These particular breed of dragon only breed their own kind around this time of year, which would explain the fight over the eggs. It hatched today, and I have to say, a brighter or more cheerful hatchling I have yet to find. What a difference between this little hatchling and the horrors that the previous human celebration brought!

And that is it for now, I suppose. I will be sure to record every continuing detail of the vampire saga, as well as the other goings-on in the cave, more stringently in the future.

Sincerely,

Wesley Black

Dear Journal,

It seems I and Fang have become good friends. With all the holiday bustle with the holiday eggs, I realized he really is good at heart. He loves Christmas too. It is indeed our first Christmas with all of us together. It is our cave's first Christmas ever. I'm happy I was chosen as one of the first eggs to begin this family. Who would have known that I would soon take the job as leader?

Kibrae the male water horse

Dear Diary,

It's Christmas Eve. Everyone's really excited. Mum totally snagged this cool Yulebuck egg from the AP. She put it in a small glass case, with dragons standing guard and even infared beams that shoot lasers upon contact. She's totally cautious about it.

I chatted with the unnamed hatchling. The Stone guy said he looked forward to his new life at his new owner's. I replied that I looked forward to seeing the Gold egg, and then he stopped. The Daydream didn't speak at all. Maybe he thought he was unwanted, like the Stone? I hope Mum would stop this trading thing.

~SkyDemon, Private Consuellor

Dear Diary,

Apparently a human traditional celebration is just a day away. I've never been one to take an interest in human holidays, but Balkanog has pricked my attention with the stories he's told of this festival. It's about giving your loved ones special gifts. I had no idea whether Lycans celebrated this holiday but I decided since Draco has done so much for the clan I'd get her something really special.

I left the hatchlings and eggs in Balkanog's and Amira's capable paws and went travelling, taking with me a Vine egg recently bred in the clan, to some friends. I knew Draco had been wanting a Thunder egg for some time and my friend just happened to have a Thunder egg which they were willing to give to a good home in return for a Vine egg.

After collecting the Thunder egg and taking it back to the cave, I found out that Hayden and Ninde had also arranged something special for the clan leader. My gift was nothing in comparison to the two bright Yulebuck eggs and the slightly stuck-up Vine hatchling. I asked Hayden what was so special about this little member of his brethren and the old Vine elder replied happily that this little Vine was a member of one of the most notorious dragon lineages in history, the Dorkface clan. Thoran was also proudly standing over a new egg this time a Geode, for Draco.

Hopefully when Draco gets back from her questing on Friday she'll be pleasantly surprised with our "presents" for her.

Scylla

Purple guardian of the eggs and hatchlings.

*This was found on a scrap of paper in Balkanog's bookcase. Needless to say I got the surprise of my life, albeit a couple of days early. Thankfully me elder council has yet to find my presents for them.*

Other dragon's mentioned in this diary entry are Balkanog, the Paper archivist; Amira, the Pygmy elder and Balkanog's apprentice; Hayden, the Vine elder and eldest dragon of the cave; Ninde, the Water elder and Hayden's mate; and Thoran, the White elder and head healer.

And of course Draco, Lycan clan leader (me).

Edited by dracodoctorwhofan

Journal,

Another month, another failed bite attempt, this time by Yami no Uta. Ah, I still recall her shriek of rage and sorrow... That nearly broke my heart. She was originally a Purple, you know. Her personality is a bit different from the other two males, more caring, motherly. I feel for her.

The Winter Festival has begun! Our Yulebuck brothers bred, and produced more of their kind, which we releaced to spread the joy. The Castle is decorated in evergreens and holly, mistletoe hanging from every door. It is such a nice festival this year... We are eagerly waiting the return of TJ from his winter travels, and he will bring to the cave a new variant of the Christmas dragon to join the other two. Hollies, which only number in the hundreds, are in astrinomical demand. Dragonic wishes to procure an egg, but it is unlikely. Maybe she will make friends with an owner, and they will gift to her one next year.

Winter Seasonals have returned in force. Yuki and Vergil are pleased, as they look forward to keeping a Winter child. The Darkslayer clan is etstatic, as they now have a new silver member, the first since a few of their number left with my children to the Wild. I am happy at this.

I plan on visiting the Necropolis Waterfall tonight, Christmas Eve. I want to pay my respects to Gabriella and Lucian... The fates were cruel. Shizune still mourns their loss and transformation into the undead. Dante, while better now, obviously misses his daughter. Well, I must make preperations.

Shiro Saki

An entry from Bo's Saphira Doom:

12th month 24th day 2009th year, midmorning

Journal,

Today is what Bo the Human calls "Christmas Eve" (I had her spell it out for me to write it). It is a time of giving, and receiving as well. Bo says a plump man dressed in red and white will fly over the mountains, where we live, to go visit human hatchlings and deliver to them gifts including human toys and such. I think she mentioned something about flying reindeer, but I don't believe that part. How could reindeer possibly fly? Well, Bo did say someone needed to fly the man's sleigh. She calls him "Santa" (had her spell that out too). Weird name. I replied that dragons should pull the sleigh, and she just laughed and shook her head as if I were kidding.

Well, it is very cold today in the mountains, and a fierce blizzard threatens to blow the eggs away. Bo's Solar Energy is asked to guard them like every day, because of his solar power. You see, we don't have any other magi, let alone another dragon with that gift. Today, the dragons guarding the eggs are he, Bo's Toxic Lightning Doom and Bo's Strawberry Fields Forever. I am watching them from the entrance to my den. They are guarding the winter egg - that seems to not try to fly away at all and seems to suck up the cold for energy - and the two eggs with yulebuck fathers, and the pink hatchling without wings, and last but not least, the magma hatchling who hatched late into the night. It does not have any hardened magma.

I wish more dragons were able to hunt in this weather. Only Bo's Cold December Morning Doom and I can go hunting because we are the only icicle dragons, minus the frozen hatchling, Bo's Frozen something or other. I keep forgetting his name. It is very hard to find suitable food to feed are ever-growing clan. I haven't eaten in one and one half weeks, while Bo's Cold December Morning Doom hasn't eaten in longer than that. Today when we got out on our morning hunt, which will be soon, I will make him eat something. We can't lose him. Then I would have to hunt by myself, which would be even harder!

Well, it is time for him and I to go out on our morning hunt. Bye!

Signed,

Bo's Saphira Doom

Edited by Bobophie98