Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Shadow's Journal Entry

Dear Journal,

the days have been long and they have been wearing me down a little. Our new hatchling. is very rambunctious and get's along with it's brother NightShadow. I think it's going to be a girl... it's very feminine ... yet it's really young so i can't tell, it will be funny though if it is a boy and i tell him this story *Chuckle* It's a rainy day today so i'm just cuddling with My son and my fiancee'

-------Shadow

Dear Journal,

Aha! I thought I had lost you.. Naughty Pur! He discovered your little hiding place in a little compartment invisible in the stem and leaves of my pumpkin. He took it and was about to read it when I entered my room. Thankfully, I got there just in time. Pur didn't read it but he ran away. I chased him, but we pumpkin dragons are relatively small compared to others, so I wasn't able to catch up with him. He told me he hid you, and he was right. Luckily, I found you! I was getting myself a frozen treat, a little vole, and found you behind it.

So much has happened since you were hidden in the Storage Shelf. Firstly, all of the eggs Momma snagged hatched, and all the hatchlings grew up. Only the autumn one hasn't matured yet; she is female, and Momma needs a male one, so we don't expect her to be here for long.

Our resident trios are all full grown dragons now. The magma turned out to be male, so we named him Chaude Brulure, or Chad, for short. The gold and silver have grown as well. The gold is female, and is named Brillant Leurre. We all call her Lure, because, as her nickname suggests, she lures both dragons and humans for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, our thunder, Craquelure Peur, is also nicknamed as 'Lure'. Because it's so ironic to call him that, we changed his nickname to Crack, which suits him well. Our silver is male, and we named him Inoui Recueil. We all adore his name, and we didn't want to shorten it and such. So we call him Inoui. Both of our 'metallics', as Momma calls 'em, are amazing! They're shiny.. very. At night, they light up the whole cave.

Besides them, another hatchling has grown. The one Momma forbade us to touch.. the one she kept in the deepest parts of the passages. We didn't know if it died or something good, er.. bad happened to it until now. One day, Momma entered the Underground Passages with a purple egg in her hands; she looked excited and nervous. Without even speaking to us, she ran down the spiraling ramp; the one that led to the deepest parts, or the 'Dungeons', as we call it. After 10 minutes, she came to sight. The look of nervousness disappeared, but the excitedness stayed. She was ecstatic! No one knew why, not even Annie, the Etincelle Elder.

The next day, Momma went down again, and then up a few moments later. There was a shadowy figure behind her, so Chevy says. Annie gave an announcement saying that we were all to gather in the Salle de Rassembler, the name given to the big empty space used for programs and whatnot. Momma was already there. The next thing that happened was a shock to us all... I remembered it all so vividly:

"Everyone.. welcome." Momma said nervously. "I suppose you are wondering why I gathered you all here, and what I have been doing in the Dungeons, so you all name it. Perhaps it is time you know..."

"Please; do not be afraid. He is harmless, unless angered. I should know, because I have been with him many times."

We all looked at one another. Who was she talking about? This... he?

Momma was shaking like mad! She breathed in and out slowly and then said "Enter, Vit Buveur." She opened her palm towards the entrance, and a dragon(?) stepped inside.

We all gasped. It was... a vampire.

Journal,

Our race is special. We are all gifted with exceptionally strong senses and quick reflexes. We are silent as the night and are rarely caught. Because of this, I was able to sneak in Cheri's room, snoop around the place and find something.. interesting. A journal, as she so calls it. I could tell it was private, so I didn't read it. But it did inspire me to start one of my own.

You could imagine how the dragons of the Etincelle Clan reacted to seeing me. It's ironic, you know; humans would die to call one of us their own, whilst dragons would do anything to get rid of me. They were all so frightened of me... if only they knew my intentions. Kaze alone could get 10 feet close to me, what more hug me. She understands and loves me, it is obvious. In return, I love her back. Over the time I have been hiding in the darkness, I have grown close to my master. She has become my friend, the only one I have so far. I told her meeting the others was a bad idea, but she insisted. I did, and they fear me. They despise me. They want me out of their cave.

I feel horrible. Kaze did too. All I wanted was to be accepted, that's it. I think my request is simple, but to the others.. no. Never.

Putting my brooding aside, at least now I have a companion. Kaze brought me an egg the color of lavander. She told me to bite it. I was afraid of doing so. Despite my race, I respect life. I am aware of the consequences if my fangs penetrated the egg's soft shell. There were 2 possibilities: death-like life or death. I did not want to transform the poor thing, it had a life ahead of it, but I had to.

Fearing the worst, I bit the egg. I closed my eggs, afraid of the sight that would greet me. But Momma's voice wasn't sad when she told me to open my eyes. Maybe I bit a rock instead? I would not know if I didn't take a look. With hesitation, I did. The soothing purple color of the egg was now pitch black with a decorative cross engraved on it. For a while I thought I failed, but then realization dawned to me. Success; I transformed the egg.

Kaze told me to keep the egg here and to tell no one, absolutely NO ONE, about it. She said if the others knew, I would never see my darling egg ever again. They would discard it. Remembering how the dragons above reacted to seeing me, I shook my head. Kaze was right. For now, I would have to keep my egg hidden.

~Vit Buveur

Edited by KazeMunster

Dear Diary,

This has not been my day. I don't like being stuck in a corral with nothing to do. We whiptails MUST be free out there, with sunshines and rainbows. We are gifted with speed and agility. Not much of a help in this tiny corral.

Uncle SkyDemon told me a story. He told me the story of the founder KnifeGuard, whom survived many a catastrophe to be what she was today-the leader of DracCave and a wonderful Guardian. DarkThuwed looked entranced. "That's so cool!" she told me before we went to bed, "I want to be just like her when I grow up!" This was when another egg was put inside the corral by a shadow. It gleamed in the moonlight, and we both smiled.

It was a white striped egg.

~StrikeForce [Future Leader of the Save ER Eggs and Hatchies Squad]

Shadow's Journal Entry,

Dear Journal,

It's getting very cold... and my thin trasclucent skin can't bear the weather like the rest can. I try to keep my two sons, NightShadow and ShadowPrince... Our first child we named with both NighHorse and mine combined. From now on We will name all of our sons with the name Shadow in it. and all of the females will have the name Night in their names. We plan on breeding again. Nighthorse is almost ready. We really want a girl. We currently have two boys. Our friends (the splits), Yin-Yang (the male and father) and twins (the female and mother) have two children, Both female DoubleTrouble and yin twins, plan on doing the same. Their last breeding was not succesful. They produced no eggs. Twins is feeling upset about it, so NightHorse has been meditating with her all day. They finally took a break about three hours ago. right now they are all coming over. I'm going to ask RogueRadar if NightHorse and I, and our kids can get a room in part of the cave deeper in I'm sure she'll say. Well Journal your almost full I'll have to go to the RecordKeeper and ask him for another. You have been a great friend to me. I have thought of a name for you.. The friend through my first two sons and engagment Your friend for always

------Shadow...

Shadow's Journal Entry

Dear Journal,

My son NightShadow has just had an egg withrown His girlfriend Reign. I was angry at first ..I don't want him to grow up ... but.. he is grown and i have to face that.. reign is a very nice dragon one who has been there for Nightshadow... they were hatchlings together and i played and took care of them both...I guess this could be a good thing... I should go and congradulate him more ..Oh by the way this is a page out of NightShadow's journal. I will add it to the new one, I get tomorrow. I handed in my journal and it got it's own seal.. now i'll be able to choose to get two of the same size or one double that size... NightHorse thinks i should get two seperate ones. well RogueRadar just came back with a white egg and told me she couldn't let it freeze out there and she's going to adopt it. Merlin will do the cerimony as soon as he can, she also got a split egg in case one of the children of Twins and Yin-Yang want to have a mate, (they are both girls) DoubleTrouble is older and wants to get married. and the fourth egg that RogueRadar rescued is a Horse Dragon. NightHorse Fell in love with it already...I'm going to try and breed with her again and if i can produce with her a Horse Dragon we needn't worry ...if not I will ask RoguRadar if we can adopt it.

Oh I almost forgot the biggest part lof tonight ... Yin-Yang proposed to Twins!!!! He gave her this huge sapphire necklace witha rock quatz crystal in the middle with the words( marry me) on the backI.sn't this exciting!!! it's perfect! and the little pink hatchling is still not gendered yet and finally the two electric-like Halo.. the Sunrise dragon and BlackWing the alt. Black's hatchling has finally gendered into a a sunset boy. His name is Halo'sWing.

I think that's all for tonight...

--------Shadow

Edited by Elvishgirl0905

*tears out another page from Nightorses journal*

Sgadow's Journal Entry,

Dear journal...

I hope this is the last thing that happens tonight because I am really tired...

Well it seems as if Roquue female Guardian dragon, and Paradice male pink dragon have had an egg together. I didn't even know they were on the list..I thought I was on the list... oh well goodnight...

I will be on the list for next breeding RoguRadar promised!

------------------Shadow

Dear Journal,

I haven't written in you in forever, being so busy and all! The new white hatchling came down sick, but thankfully it got better. Our rider got two new eggs a few days ago with strange crosses on them. Never before have I seen such eggs, but Disturbia took to them immediately and is raising them as if they were her own. Strange behavior from one who usually isolates herself. Anyways, that's all for now as I have another errand to run for Syran for her new gold egg.

-Balthazar

Another dragon in the cave has apparently begun writing her own journal entries. I'll post them as I find them.

To whom it may concern,

It would appear I have reached full maturity. As such, I have finally left the care of the white dragon, Kzimiote I believe her name was. I suppose I owe her my thanks and possibly my life for "taking me in", as she enjoys putting it. I don't find truth in it, however. My hearing had developed quite enough inside my egg when I was brought to this cave; and I heard the whole argument against my staying here. Many assumed I was dead until I finally broke free of the eggshell, proving my life was not yet gone. Still, there are some who choose to think me lesser than they. I've just about given up attempting to help them see past my "fiendish habits".

So I have been forced by long and harsh glares and whispers to hide away in one of the deeper ends of the cave. A select few visit me, most out of pity. I am perfectly content to be on my own. I like to imagine my sire, or dam, was like that; alone in a world filled with dragons. Sadly, I do not recall much of who my matron was, as I left their care to live here shortly after being turned.

I have now taken up writing my daily experiences in a "journal". I saw Kzimiote writing in hers often, and would sometimes sneak secret looks at them. Perhaps that it another thing I owe her my thanks for.

But it is late. I do not tire, as the others do, but for now the thirst is alive in my every fiber. I must bid you, journal as I suppose you are, adieu.

~ Mania Schiffer, resident Vampire

And this one is dated a few days after the previous one:

To whom it may concern,

After the hunting trip I mentioned briefly in my previous writings, I found I still thirsted for live blood. I could not explain the phenomenon until I felt a change come over me, my fangs especially. They practically throbbed with hunger, and instinct soon pointed my way.

I traveled across the land for a good few hours, knowing I would stop when the time came. Presently I arrived at what the dragons I found around me called The Cave. I knew at the time that most dragons lived in caves filled with all sorts of dragons such as I do, but somehow I knew this cave was different, and dramatically so. The eggs I saw had no ties to them. They were laid by ancient dragons far more old and wise than any of us could imagine. There were quite a few humans milling about, trying to find eggs the colors of gold or silver, perhaps one made of paper or one charged with electricity. I searched through the eggs tirelessly, working until I had found just the right one. This egg was of the breed a small few of the humans took any interest in. It would be perfect for my plan.

I gently grabbed the purple-colored egg and carried it as quickly as I could all the way back to my little corner of my home-cave. A long time passed in which I did nothing except look at the purple egg. Oftentimes I would lay my head near to it, listening to the little heartbeat and pulse of life inside. I'd studied Purple dragons before, and I was fascinated to learn their breed was all-female. There were no male Purples in existence. I then wondered if this would affect the gender of the hatchling once my plan was put into motion? Would it hatch female? I pondered this and many ideas before finally my thirst was too great. I gently rolled my prize into the deepest and darkest corner of my living quarters I could find.

I retracted my fangs, noting their deep blood-red color. Without a second thought, I lunged forward and punctured the little purple egg, injecting toxins and venoms on a wing and a prayer I would have not killed in vain. Perhaps it was Kzimiote's motherly care of me that made me so soft, but I desperately wished not to kill my egg.

A moment passed as I removed my fangs, feeling the throbbing pressure fading away. A sickening worry flashed through my mind. I had killed it, I was sure. Nothing was happening.

And then, like a beacon of dark light, the purple color started to go slowly darker and darker until it became a grayish-brown. A off-red cross mark on the front confirmed my hopes and wishes. I gave a sigh and softly laughed in relief. I had done it. And nobody was around to catch me in the act. I could say I found it.

My progeny is under my supervision at all times now. I haven't even gone hunting for fear one of my cavemates should find it. I anxiously await the morn of its hatchday. Soon, it will come to adulthood as I am. Then perhaps it will bite an egg if its own. And so the line will continue, for forever on.

~ Mania Schiffer, resident Vampire

Dear Diary,

It's me again! And I've grown wings. Now, I can fly just like everyone else. DarkThuwed grew up, so my owner took her out of the corral. But it's okay, because she came in with a neatly-wrapped package. "It's come!" she squeaked when she opened it. It was a Thunder egg, all sparkly and nice.

It hatched today into a hatchling. Mum named it SparkDorkface, but I like calling it Sparky. He kept sneezing and then there would be sparks flying everywhere. It's like a fireworks show. It was disturbing, yet funny. Even Uncle WinterSlayer laughed when he saw Sparky sneezing. The resident white uncle and aunts are quite concerned about Sparky's health, and today afternoon, they moved him to a 'sterile environment'. Wonder where's that?

I hope I grow up soon.

~StrikeForce [Future Leader of the Save ER Eggs and Hatchies Squad]

Shadow's Journal Entry,

Dear Journal,

I slept in until 10:45 this morning. I was really tired. Then NightShadow started clawing at me and ShadowPrince climed up on my stomache and sterted gnawing at me. They were screeching "Daddy get up!" and "C'mon dad wake up!" So I opened my eyes and they were there wanting to play. NightHorse came over shortly after and told us we were making too much noise. After that Reign came over and said lunch was ready... that we'd been invited to twins and Yin-Yang's part of the cave for lunch. Reign kept on serving us our meat and never ate herself, until I insisted she eat before i got more ...but she said no thak you and said she'd be right back. NightShadow explained to me that she was preparing to be a mother and wanted to practice and that she'd eat after they checked on their egg. I told him "just make sure she's taking care of herself as well." I talked for the first time to Yin-Yang in a full conversation he was very nice and intelligent. He beckoned all of the kids to come over to him and when they did he told them to all go out and play outside for a while.. when ShadowPrince said it was too cold for him .. then he said that he could go in the nursery (which had been moved from the front of the cave to the middle of the cave where all meetings were held. So finally we got to some talking.. I found this on the ground. he said and showed me this unusual crystal clear baby bue rock. Twins said she heard RogueRadar talking to merlin and these had some special powers that ...when activated could serve the dragon who owned it. Yin-Yang said that he knew about this rock through meditating. He said it controlled Good water. It's powers were anything from making a pool to getting a drink of water when you need it...to a tsunami in fighting bad clans. as long as you use it for good or protecting yourself. He said he can't activate it by himself he needs the use of an activation crystal and an ownership drop... a drop of crystalized liquid that is hard to find . that would make it truley his. He said he bet anything these were merlins products.....

well ...until next time.. i have a lot to ponder

-----------Shadow

Shadow's Journal Entry,

Dear Journal,

It's happened Our second son ShadowPrince has grown up fully. ShadowPrince is verry Rambunctious and playfull, while on the other hand NightShadow is verry shy, calm, and quiet. I think through playing with ShadowPrince NightShadow has come out of his shell..if only a little and is a little more outgoing. I am anxious to breed again to continue our lineage. But unfortunately, My spot was mistakenly pushed aside. NightHorse my fiancee has told me that RogueRadar and Lightning have been fighting lately. He doesn't agree with her methods of ruleing our clan. Rumor has it that another clan is heading our way and is going to push us to stay with us in our cave ...or fight... I'm scared ...I don't want to lose anyone I love. We have a big enough cave .. I mean it's huge.. so huge in fact we don't go down a certain point in fear of other "things" or beasts or dragons that could be living there.. In fact one of our winter dragons said she swore she saw a group of mint dragons hesding into one part of the cave from the outside but we never looked. If so we're not botrhering them and nor are thwy bothering us:)

Well it looks as if NightShadow's and Reign's egg is doing well. They're actually comming back with the split family now.. I guess they have some more information to tell us now about there "discovery" ...or simply a meditation class.

Later,

-------Shadow

Journal,

After much convincing, Genesis let us trade the Vampire Hatchling for the remaining two Trio eggs we needed. In exchange, I cannot trade the next egg he sires, and he gets to choose the egg that will be bitten.

We are digging out another room near the Reds for the future Magma, and trying our best to make it like it's natural environment, a volcano. The Thunder egg is being taken care of by Dark Quartz, as they are of a similar elemental group.

Ah, there is a comotion. I need to go.

Shiro Saki

Shadow's Journal Entry,

Dear Journal,

Tonight was wierd... RogueRadar came flying in the cave (something none of us do or ever have done) and was carrying something in her arm that smelled disgusting and rotten.. like meat that's been left out too long. She flew into her room and has been there all night. We suspect it has to do with the training we've all gone through and the split family and ours think it has to do with the new magick that she and merlin are working with. .. but something wasn't right... I saw differently... i saw that of an egg. There have been rumors about those vampire eggs and i bet you anything journal that's what it was... i don't hate or dislike them for i don't know anything about them except how they bite their eggs when they get thirsty.. and yes i know they end up either killing or half killing the egg but it is not my descision to judge I will find out what they are like when it is born... then i will descide... It makes me kind of jumpy and excited though i dont know where that feeling is comming from...

---------------------Shadow

Dear Journal,

It's so cold outside. None of the dragons like leaving the cave now because we got a Blizard and it's really cold outside. "Freezing Water" (Icicle dragon) goes out hunting and gets stuff for use because she's used to the cold. Our master always brings back fire wood and thick wool blankets for us to lay down during the cold nights. We have to be super Careful now because Chocolate strawberries (red dragon) almost caught the cave on fire but freezing waters froze it. Right now I'm just sitting on a wool blanket on the cave floor by the nice warm fire. Unfortunatly I'm next to the anoying mints. dry.gif Some of them are sound asleep but the rest of them are just talking really loud. I'm going to go tell the Mints to shut up and then I'm going to sleep. Good night!

December 11

Dear Journal,

Oh, how cold it has gotten! The cave is now filled with eggs and hatchlings that have been rescued from the cold. There's even a pair of metallic eggs in here now. I'm not allowed to go anywhere near them, of course, but they're so beautiful to look at. The silver one is particularly special; it is the first silver we have ever had in our cave.

The egg that Joseph bit is expected to hatch sometime tomorrow. He has little interest in hatchlings, so I plan on raising the poor thing myself. I never thought I'd say this, but I think it may be better off as a vampire. It used to be a pink, and it comes from a horribly inbred family. I get the feeling it would have been killed had Joseph not stolen it.

Though I would love to write more, I fear I have to leave. I am being asked to look after another vampire egg that Umbee found.

Farewell for now,

Sacra

Dear Journal,

Haha! Glacier told us about what is happening outside; it is snowing! We asked her if it was cold, but that was a stupid question to ask. Glacier knows not the meaning of such words. Well, anyway, the rest of us Etincelle dragons are warm and comfortable underground. Momma's a smart girl.

I admire Glacier and her kind. They can withstand even the coldest of temperatures! Too bad when the Months of Heat come, she has to keep away from the sun. She won't melt or anything.. she's a dragon for crying out loud; but it's not good for her er.. figure. Yeah, Glacier is the type of female who appreciates the beauty given to her.

It's odd, you know, journal. We only have 2 eggs in the nursery now, which is quite unusual. No no, it's not because of the conditions outside, that doesn't stop Momma. Hah, never. I have this strange feeling that there is a secret being kept from us. I will get to the bottom of this, I swear. I'm going to scan the cave tonight, when everyone's asleep. I'm bound to find something.

'Till next time, journal.

~Citrouille Cheri

Dear Journal,

The couple are now relieved, thank the Dragon God/Goddess. It's unnamed, so there's now one unnamed dragon in the BvS lineage Mother is working on.

We have collected one purple, two mints, and one pink from the abandoned nest. Bruce Jr and Weird-eyed Annie reproduced to make a water-walker egg. I like Bruce Jr, but he seems to like everyone else, optimistic and happy-go-lucky to every adult dragon. He is also determined, and after he mated with Annie, I could easily imagine him putting himself a pat in the back.

Bruce Jr is something, that's what. Now to check on the new eggs.

~Midnight Ninja

Female Regular Black

Shadow's Journal Entry,

Dear Journal,

The pink hatchling has gendered into a female, and rogueradar has named her LittleRosePetal.. She is very shy but cunning.. she sneaks out of the nursery and goes into other dragons rooms and bites on things... which brings me to a new subject ... While littlerosepetal was out and playing she went into rogueradars room and rolled out and egg....The egg the egg that confirmed my suspicion. We all awoke to the strong smell of something rotten. I was the first to wake ... and she rolled it right next to me. i touched the cold egg and felt a sense of excitement. I could not part from it. When everyone woke uo they all stared at me with disbelief as if i broght the boubonic plague into our cave. Rogueradar came swooping in after her hunt to find me barley able to protect the egg from the dragons trying to kill it. Not even my family would help me ...they were scared. Then rogueradar explained everything ..the blame ... falling off me. The dragons questioned her athourity. and how she could do something like this. instesd of getting angry and fighting back to her clan she smiled and told everybody to give this egg a chance. that the creator had mad Vampire eggs for a reason and to pray.... to try to see the light in the darkness that surrounds these cratures.. the dragons no longer argued and some were even convinced at her words... at least to give it a try ... she promised the whole clan that if anything went wrong. she would banish it away forever. This put a new perspective of the hesitant dragons.. and so they went on their way to do other things.. but there was no doubt that the egg would be on everyone's mind untill it hatched .. grew up .. and was in the clan long enough to be trustes and to some that would never happen. but mabey there could at least be peace. Then rogueradar took me to the darker part of the cave and asked me why i went into her room and stole the egg. I simply replied i awoke next to it with littlerosepettle curled next to it. then she said thank you ...you may leave ... and went into her room to make sure the egg was okay... she added the egg to the pile in the nursery.. hoping that the longer it was close to the dragons the more the dragons would get used to it..

that's it for now

-----------------Shadow

Dear journal:

Ridiculous Mort Dorkface killed the egg he bit. Ah well, it was his first time, after all, and he'll have plenty of other opportunities to bite.

Mynyddygwair brought back a strange egg just now. It's bright yellow with white spots, and is heavier than the other eggs. I wonder what it'll hatch into.

I do wonder, however, why none of us, myself included, mind that we have four rather dangerous dragons sneaking around. Perhaps it's because none of them seem to pose a threat to us. Even Ace Dreamscale, who is a little more aggressive than the other three, hasn't bitten any of us.

Yet.

~~Dancing Arya~~

Shadow's Journal Entry,

Dear Journal,

This is not good... Merlin overthrew RogueRadar and now he is in charge of us. A HUMAN!!! This is ridiculouse. How are we supposed to act now.. I mean he's a sourcerer, magick, unpredictable, Not trustable. Most of the dragons were ever-so-happy about this until he said his plan was to collect Vampire eggs. Now we are so scared..... well I'm not... I feel a bond with them, well at least the one egg we have currently... I've been sitting next to it all day. I admire my fiancee a lot for not getting mad at me and trying to understand what

I am going through. The splits are wary of it too but also feel connected, Nighthorse feel the pull, but she's worried about my pull how tightly it's wrapping me around it... this ....dead well half dead egg... what are it's powers! Why is it doing this to me!.... I'm not angry though .. I love "it" already.

With Merlin being in power he added something called a bulliten board in the common room part of the cave to keep us updated on everything that's going on... Currently sometime next week (or later) (it says) we will be recieving a gift of our very own... one at a time. and a notice of a missing "rock" was put up there.. well of corse I know where it is.. Yin-Yang has it and is waiting until we get the tools to activate it. He thinks most of Merlin's things will be located wherever he sleeps in the cave, since he wont be around to monitor the store, mabey in fear of robbery.. He thinks , he know's where Merlins Journal is and he's going to get it tonight! I warned him not to do so that he is possibly more powerfull thatn we are estimating , but he said in meditation he saw himself get it safley.... I hope he's right..

PRay for me Journal.. as we go hunting with Merlin ..and also forour lives as me and my family will be colder than most dragons...

-------------Shadow

Shadow's Journal Entry,

Dear Journal,

NightShadow's and Reign's egg finall made a small crack in the side of it bringing all of us joy and happiness... and i am ashamed to say that i don't find it nearly as exciting as the other news I have to tell you... The Vampire egg was sitting next to my curled arm and I was admiring it when suddenly... CRACK... What happened!!!

I thought, What's WRONG What did i DO!!! when out of no where Nighthorse put her arm around me and chuckeled at my horrified face. "It's okay," she said. "It's begun the process of hatching." "remember?" she asked. and she nuzzeled me with her muzzle in my eye and around my profusley sweating forehead. I smiled a little and then a lot as reality set in... it was ready... it was progressing through the stages. it was okay... Then all of the other dragons looked at us with dismay and angered faces. Our sons and reign Albi and the splits came over to us. Comming to our defence. We all knew this egg was something special.

Well jornal I'm going to the party the splits are having for the two eggs that cracked. the beginning of the life .... inside them.

---------------Shadow

I found this entry, covered in scorch marks,

Dear Journal,

Shadow's Thief is defeated. He cowers now in the corner of the cave, but the older dragons mutter anxiously. They fear that this civil war will leave the clan scarred forevermore. The death of Black Muse shocked everyone back to their senses, so the fighting ended. And killed by a hatchling no less!

Everyone is staying away form the tiny purple dorsal hatchling- not even gendered yet and already frightening. Arya and I watched it with interest. Arya understands it-it too has a strange, frightening aura about it. 'At least it does not crave blood', she says. Arya didn't fight, because she was out hunting deer. I'm a bit glad, because though I would never tell ehr this, I worry that ehr restraint might have broken because of the blood.

Here is how Black Muse died:

The whole clan was fighting, tooth and claw. I supported Azulstar, and fought Shadow's thief's friend Venom Edel, but I would shock anyone who touched me. It turns out that the dragons who were ill ahd been poisoned by Venom's daughter Black Edel. She didn't know it was poison though. Then the purple dorsal, who ahd said not a word since she had arrived in the cave, walked to the cave enterence. The rain had made a temporary waterfall, that and Tempest Wing's magic storms, so a huge sheet of water covered the enterence even as thunder and lightening an dflame burst aroudn us.

THen the hatchling lunged forwards and sunk its tiny but needle shapr teeth into Jayfeather's throat. She couldn't hamr a hatchling! Not even Venom would attack hatchlings. Then Black Muse let out this horrible shriek, and everyone covered their ears, it was so horrible...

The small dorsal didn't though. It lunged at Black Muse, and somehow managed to shove her right next to the waterfall despite its tiny size. Blakc Muse teetered, about to fall into the powerful waterfall down to the sharp rocks below. She screeched for help, but not a soul moved....she seemed to be regaining her balance, but then the hatchling stepped forwards. Black Muse screeched for help again, but still no one moved, not even her mate, Venom Edel. And then the hatchling stepped forwards and, without making a sound, clawed down Black Muse's stomach, and then she fell backwards into the waterfall, and her horrible screams were drowned out by the thundering.....

And no one moved, no one spoke...

And it was over.

~Roling Stones Thunder

Journal,

We finally have a dragon from every species in the cave. (Minus the Dinos. Maybe that'll be Dragonic's next goal?) The Icicle egg was just traded for a Cheese, which completes the list. Well, until more dragons are discovered, that is.

The commotion I was talking about earlier was between Vergil and Dante, again. Those two get into so many fights, it's unbearable! Makes me want to tear my feathers out. Vergil has been hostile towards Dante since the incident last year with Reign's spell, but they do consider eachother brothers. (They are not related by blood, but they are both Caveborn, and when Dante was a hatchling, he cslled him 'big brother' a lot.)

I do wonder if the spell's remanents have caused him to be sour with the Red. Then again, Dante doesn't exactly try to be un-annoying. When those two fight tooth and nail, though, it's scary. I recall one time, where Vergil managed to partially impale Dante on a stalagtite. The red was down for weeks... Then there was the time where Vergil got clawed on the ribs, cutting down to the bone. Ah, those two will be the death of me yet..!

The New Moon is next Wednesday. I plan on doing some blessing then, and some spellwork. Maybe some divination?

Well, it is late. I must go.

Shiro Saki

Dear Journal,

It is very late... but when I came out of my room to walk to the nursery and check on the Vampire hatchling a burst of cracking curdled my blood and made my heart jump out of my chest. My mind spinning endlessly. My pulse throbbing in my temples. I thought I had stepped on everyone of them. and kille---- I won't bring myself to say it ...Yin-Yang said not to belabour over things that i could not change. So I shuffled dround and looked for the eggs...but it turns out that i hadn't stepped on any at all!!! So I walk further towards the light of the cave about ten feet in fron of me is where i noticed what had happened. first off the guardian egg had it's first crack along with the horse dragon egg and NightShadow (my son) and his girlfriend Reign's egg had cracked for a second time.............. and deep within the shadows I saw LittleRosePetal curled next to the Vampire egg (with a pang of jealousy) i looked closer at the egg to find it had cracked for a SECOND time!!!!! Well that explains all of the Freeking cracking I heard..HaHa... Then I heard Merlin comming towards the cave talking to a couple of men.."Yes we'll see what we can do for ya." the on man said. "At this rate you'll have a lot of Vampires in no time." and then they started laughing and I steadily (at a fast pace) walked back to my room. when I entered there was I little fire going and the splits were over doing some late night meditating, and nightHorse asked how the egg was doing. She knew what i was up to.. and i told her.. that merlins plan was in motion.

Journal I really like this plan.. but it;s getting me worried... what if there are too many and the new one we just got doesn't like me... or doesn't want to be with anyone other than it's kind.. rogueradar adopted many of us and we adjusted accordingly because we were around each other from birth...I REALLY hope this will be the same..

goodnight journal,

------------Shadow