Catspwndogs29

Give your dragon a journal!

Journal,

Today was quite joyful yet stressful. The latest dragon to mature, Adele Dorkface, has grown up today. We performed the ritual before she grew up into an adult so that she would recognize Kaze as her mistress, and since she was rescued from the bitter cold, she had no sire or dame to call.

Adele was very keen on biting an egg. Vie looked at her; her face saying "No... don't... wait until you can handle the consequences...". My own Vie had bitten her first egg the day she gathered enough venom. I should have stopped her, but she was insistent. Poor Vie bit too hard and crushed the fragile green egg. Adele was much like Vie... stubborn and too persistent for her own good. She had her own will, and had her way. Kaze fetched a Pebble egg from the Cave and set it out in front of her. We were all shaking! The air in the room was tense. Finally, Adele took a step forward, breathed in heavily, and sunk her teeth down into the egg.

We watched nervously, anticipating what would happen next. Would it die? Would it transform into one of us? After moments of silence, the egg began to brown as if rotting and a bright red cross appeared on the center of the egg. We all smiled and rejoiced! It was a triumph,, to have your first bite be successful. Yes it was a joyful moment, but the day wasn't over yet...

The night began to end. It was part of our routine everyday to sleep once dawn arrived and awaken at twilight. We woke up with a jolt and a blood curdling scream. Adele was running around the Dungeons, panic-stricken. "Where's my egg? MY EGG?! Where is it? WHO TOOK IT?! MY EGG!!!" she was shouting. We told her to calm down and recall the details. She was sure that she slept with her egg. We were too, since we saw Adele curl up around it and coax it. It couldn't have been misplaced or lost... only stolen.

Kaze was distraught as well. She left the Dungeons in a hurry and vowed to return with egg. We have no idea what she did after that, but she kept her promise. 3 hours later, she was holding something oval in shape covered with a towel. Kaze walked over to Adele, who was sobbing and brooding in a corner. She tapped her curled figure and put the object in front of her. Adele looked confused, but her eyes sparked with enthusiasm. With a 'Taaa-daaa!', Kaze removed the towel and presented the oval thing, an egg brown-black in color with an exquisitely decorated cross in the center. Adele immediately jumped to her feet and pranced around in joy. She ran over to the egg, hugged it and thanked Kaze for returning it.

The day brought us much worry, but in the end, everything turned out pretty well. Adele got her lost egg back.

~Vit Buveur

Dear Journal,

Normally, I don’t go in for writing down my feelings, when so much of the things that happen aren’t worth remembering, but this is. Even though how we got Angel wasn’t that happy—I don’t really want to think about it—I’m happy he’s here, and so is Dad, if nobody else is. Angel is the only other vampire in our cave right now, by the way. His full name is actually Angel Liam Red because I wanted to call him Angel (actually, I was sort of hoping that he’d turn out to be a girl, but I wasn’t going to ask one of the pinks to influence the egg when they obviously hate me) but Dad insisted that he have a more “masculine” name than that. We ended up deciding to give him two names. I’m really surprised at how happy I am to have another vampire to keep me company, even if he’s a little hatchling right now. The only dragon that’s ever really associated with me is Dad, but he’s a red dragon, not a vampire… it’s a little different. I feel bad for Angel, though, because even if he has us, he’s still going to be lonely. When I was his age, it didn’t bother me so much… but things are different with him.

Tonight, though, something happened that I’m sure he’ll remember for the rest of his life. The human came in to see him, and she hugged him and petted him and I’m sure he enjoyed it, and she said hi to Dad and me too, but this wasn’t really surprising because she’s never been scared of vampires, even though she’s so small I had to be careful not to step on her. Then she left, and Angel was a little disappointed, but she came back a little while later, and she had a hatchling with her! I’ve never seen that type of dragon before—it’s all red and striped and its feet are funny—but I guessed that it is one of those types of dragons that only come around this time of year. It was happy following her around, and she led it over to Angel, and they started playing! I had to remind Angel to be gentle, because he’s a lot bigger and stronger than the other hatchling, but he looked so happy—I wished I could talk to the human, to thank her and tell her what she’d done for him, but I think that she already knows. After a bit, the other hatchling got tired and it left with the human, but Angel was still happy and bouncing around, chattering about what just happened. I don’t know how Mom managed to sneak it away, with that black dragon prowling around, but I’m just happy that she did.

Darla Red, vampire

Here is a journal entry from the new just-hatched magma hatchling. It doesn't have very good handwriting, so you may need to squint to understand what it is trying to write.

journal,

hi. the adults gave me this little "book" (as they call it) to write in. i know i don't write very good, and i think bo's volcanic doom is getting annoyed with me because i keep asking him how to spell "easy" words like "because" and "volcanic". but i cant help it. i hatched only about 8 hours ago. so how would i know how to spell those things.

its really, really cold here. i know i was born or created or whatever in a volcano, and im used to it being really hot. but here in the mountains its really cold, and some of my magma is starting to freeze up. if it all freezes then ill die! oh no! i cant let that happen. i havent finished writing yet! at least i always have food when i want it. bo's volcanic doom and bo's eternal lava doom dorkface keep telling me that i will soon eat only 3 times a day! thats not so great. im hungry like all the time!

well, thats about it, bye!

from,

the magma hatchling

p.s.- all the adults and the hatchlings with wings keep telling me to put capital letters on the first letter of a sentence, and on dragons names, but i dont know what capitals are. okay, now bye!

Journal,

Today was quite joyful yet stressful. The latest dragon to mature, Adele Dorkface, has grown up today. We performed the ritual before she grew up into an adult so that she would recognize Kaze as her mistress, and since she was rescued from the bitter cold, she had no sire or dame to call.

Adele was very keen on biting an egg. Vie looked at her; her face saying "No... don't... wait until you can handle the consequences...". My own Vie had bitten her first egg the day she gathered enough venom. I should have stopped her, but she was insistent. Poor Vie bit too hard and crushed the fragile green egg. Adele was much like Vie... stubborn and too persistent for her own good. She had her own will, and had her way. Kaze fetched a Pebble egg from the Cave and set it out in front of her. We were all shaking! The air in the room was tense. Finally, Adele took a step forward, breathed in heavily, and sunk her teeth down into the egg.

We watched nervously, anticipating what would happen next. Would it die? Would it transform into one of us? After moments of silence, the egg began to brown as if rotting and a bright red cross appeared on the center of the egg. We all smiled and rejoiced! It was a triumph,, to have your first bite be successful. Yes it was a joyful moment, but the day wasn't over yet...

The night began to end. It was part of our routine everyday to sleep once dawn arrived and awaken at twilight. We woke up with a jolt and a blood curdling scream. Adele was running around the Dungeons, panic-stricken. "Where's my egg? MY EGG?! Where is it? WHO TOOK IT?! MY EGG!!!" she was shouting. We told her to calm down and recall the details. She was sure that she slept with her egg. We were too, since we saw Adele curl up around it and coax it. It couldn't have been misplaced or lost... only stolen.

Kaze was distraught as well. She left the Dungeons in a hurry and vowed to return with egg. We have no idea what she did after that, but she kept her promise. 3 hours later, she was holding something oval in shape covered with a towel. Kaze walked over to Adele, who was sobbing and brooding in a corner. She tapped her curled figure and put the object in front of her. Adele looked confused, but her eyes sparked with enthusiasm. With a 'Taaa-daaa!', Kaze removed the towel and presented the oval thing, an egg brown-black in color with an exquisitely decorated cross in the center. Adele immediately jumped to her feet and pranced around in joy. She ran over to the egg, hugged it and thanked Kaze for returning it.

The day brought us much worry, but in the end, everything turned out pretty well. Adele got her lost egg back.

~Vit Buveur

Damn! I love your dragon's diary and I wanted to visit each of those you mentioned but your scroll is hidden D:

The egg autoabandoned, right? And someone gave it back xd.png? *thinks she is watching a soup opera*

Damn! I love your dragon's diary and I wanted to visit each of those you mentioned but your scroll is hidden D:

The egg autoabandoned, right? And someone gave it back xd.png? *thinks she is watching a soup opera*

You can visit the dragons without going to the scroll by typing in "http://dragcave.net/viewdragon/n/the name of the dragon you want to see"!

Aww, thank you! I'm so flattered right now <3

Sorry about the hidden scroll and all; it's fixed now.

And yes, the egg was auto-abandoned, and returned.

Dear Journal,

Hello this is my first time having a Journal of my own. I should probably tell about myself first before I go on. Well I'm a Yulebuck dragon. I'm still a very young hatchling with no wings and I have a twin thats close to hatching. You see me and my twin were abandone by our parents because they could not keep us until this young woman with brown hair came along and took both of us. Her name is shopgirl998 but she likes to be called shopgirl. I call her Mama because she takes care of us like a mom. She keeps saying that I'm so adorable! This cave is just so big and its warm. It's really cold outside and there is an Icicle dragon that gets our food. There is also so many new editions coming into the cave. There were these two lovers that got a gold egg wich is the prettiest thing but some jerk whiped it and it almost broke. Mama is still trying to figure out who did it and the parents of that egg are devistated. Mama got really angry and said Quote "NEVER EVER PLAY SOCCER INSIDE THE CAVE AND HAVE THE EGG AS A BALL!!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME!?!?!?!" That was really scary but she had to say something. Mama is taking good care of it and she won't let the egg out of her site. Even the mother dragon helps take care of it. (Then again that is her job) I have such a hard time figuring out everyones names! The ones I'm friends with are hatchlings just like me and they don't have names yet. Theres a winter hatchling and my twin thats too shy to come out of his/her egg! There are two other eggs by the way. Mama found them in the cave this morning and I guess there some new species of a dragon. There simular to me but there a yellowish color with a red and green stripe. I wonder what they will look like. We can all grow up together and be best buddies! Mama says when I get my wings, she's going to teach me how to fly. There is a dragon that is going to teach me too. It's a guardian dragon and a Grey dragon. I can't remember there names. I hope I can learn soon and I hope my twin will hatch any minute now. Other then that have a Merry Christmas!

~No name

Final entry

I have decided to stop writing journals. This is the last one. The day of Christmas came, and all the dragons that my owner owned came ans celebrated in the fabric tent. I met every dragon, excluding the water dragons, there. Then my owner came back with a gold egg that was striped with red and green. This egg gave everyone a happy fuzzy feel, now,just recently, my owner came back with a second one. Goodbye to all who see this

~Neo Lizard (Note, Neo lizards journals were dis countinued due to gendering wrong for the journal.)

To Whom It May Concern,

Well, it is officially the day of the human holiday. It began for us when, in what is now becoming a familiar scene, Mom straggled back to the cave in the dead of night, clutching two brightly-coloured eggs and wet from the snow, looking as though she had had to fight to get them. I was in the cave because I was too concerned with watching our resident vampires to leave for very long, but the entrance of those eggs helped to calm me down. All of the other dragons that were still in the cave were fascinated with the eggs as well, and huddled around them, admiring them. I checked on the vampires, as Angel is due to grow up any time now, but they were out hunting with Thelonious. This should have concerned me, and it did, to an extent, but I told myself that they have to hunt too and it is not something to be concerned about yet. I think that it was the eggs that have me feeling this way, and I am finally feeling the “holiday spirit”. I like it.

Sincerely,

Wesley Black

Dear Diary.

Life has been busy as usual. Draco instantly fell in love with the eggs we brought back and all have hatched. Scylla has been chasing after them to make sure none get injured. The Dorkface from my clan has grown up but yet to be named, Draco is waiting for a suitable mate for her from the Yulebucks before deciding on a name. There are three eggs in the nest, now since the Yulebucks have hatched. One is a little Vine egg whom has a bright future as the first frozen Vine in the entire clan, the other two bright gold eggs, said to be a new breed. Draco brought them back yesterday for the pagan celebration her species celebrate called Christmas. Draco has been standing guard over them all night and has only just gone to sleep, with a little "encouragement" from Thoran. I have made a mental note to not get on the bad side of that White, he has a way with potions. My mate, Ninde, and I spent yesterday with our great grandson Avrel and his mate Anora. We had a wonderful meal of fish collected by Ninde. I do not know what species they were all I know that they are supposedly thought to be gourmet by the aquatic species off our clan.

Today everybody seems a lot laid back. The frozen children are all sleeping after staying up late, hyper from all the sweets they got last night. Most off the adults are also dozing due to the large feast we had last evening. Most of the clan came from around the territory to the lakeside meadow to celebrate a wonderful and productive year. I hadn't realised how large the clan has grown in the past two years.

I have decided to spend the entire day with Ninde. She deserves that much from the chaos we have both put up with this year.

Hayden Thistletalon, Vine elder.

(Dragons mentioned in this entry- Scylla the Purple babysitter, the new female Vine Dorkface, Thoran the White elder, Ninde the Water elder and Hayden's mate, Avrel a Vine dragon and great-grandson of Hayden and Ninde, Anora a Mint dragon and Avrel's mate, the Frozen children- Skyes the Fog, Haysel the Neotropical, Tatel the Whiptail, Mysi the Albino, Dalic the Daydream, the unnamed Horse and the unnamed Deep Sea.)

To Whom It May Concern,

Well, I suppose that this was at least partly my fault, letting my guard down. Why did I think that the maturation of a vampire—a monster—was no grand event? How could I think that the situation could go unmonitored? Yes, so what happened is partially my fault—but mostly his.

As you may have guessed, he followed in the path of his sire and bit an egg. I only heard of the incident afterwards, as I was out hunting at the time. Once again, my mistake. Apparently, he was out hunting with Thelonious and Darla, when suddenly he began to act strangely, and started to walk away from them. When they sensed something was wrong and tried to interfere, they were knocked aside with surprising force, even for a male vampire. Then he went straight to the pile of abandoned eggs and seized a purple egg. He bit it and changed it into one of his own. By the time I was located and returned to the cave, he had been apprehended and forced into the cave, where the newly sired egg was also brought. The first I saw of him, he was curled in a corner, shaking. He was in no condition to defend himself, but Thelonious and the other vampire were more than willing to do it for him. Both insisted that his mind had become murderously clouded as Darla’s had been when she bit his egg. I have seen enough proof of other vampires going into a similar state that I was not quite willing to throw them both out into the sunlight, but I still certainly do not trust them. At the very least, the murderer will be confined to his cave for a while. After a much consideration, I decided they could keep the egg, and raise it in the vampire cave as its sire was, because the alternative is a dragon that will grow up to a killer and we cannot control. This time, though, it will be different. This time, I will make certain that we will not make the same mistakes. This time, I will make it work. I must.

Sincerely,

Wesley Black

Dear Journal,

It's me again. My other twin hatched on Christmas when everybody was sleeping. Mama had to spend the night in the cave and while she was writing in her journal she heard somthing cracking or breaking. It was my twin! He's very nice but quiet. He likes to prance in the snow and wants to play. Sometimes when it's really cold outside he goes back into the cave and says how much he misses his nice warm egg. Oh and the gold egg is doing fine. Mama helped it get better and it should be fine for a long time. Even the mom of that egg is happy and craddles it with her tail. The only thing that matters to me is that the baby inside is fine. Anyways,

get this!! I went into Mama's room in the cave to see if she was there (I was hungry) and I saw a stack of pappers on her desk. I climbed up on the table to see what they were and they were linages of the dragons in the cave, including mine and my twin's. As I was looking at mine I discoverd that I have more then one sibling. There are two other Yulebucks in my life and I didnt even know it! I'm not just a twin...I'm a Quadroplet. Then right when I discoverd that I heard mom walking closer so I put the linage papers away and got off of Mama's desk. She was wondering why I was in her room and I told her that I was hungry and that I was looking for her. Sh believed it and we both walked out of her room so she can give me some food. That was sooo close! Mama told me that all Yulebucks are Males so that means we are all brothers. I have to tell my twin/brother what I saw in Mama's room. He would want to know too.

~Still have no name.

Edited by shopgirl998

From Bo's Minty Hollyberry, my frozen yulebuck hatchling:

12th month, 26th day, 2009th year

Today I grew my wings! And my antlers, as a matter of fact. The only problem is, Bo the Human, our clan's mistress, came to me with some reddish liquid. She told me to drink some of it, s, trusting her, I did. Then, I felt a weird tingling feeling, and the other adults told me that Bo the Human had "froze" me, so I'd never grow up. At first I was unhappy, then I met the other frozen hatchlings. The are very kind to me, but sometimes they scratch my hooves on purpose. Oh well. At least I get my own, cozy little den.

You see, as I was told by a kind female named Bo's Relish On Your Hotdog, each adult and frozen hatchling get their own dens that they must either build themselves or with help. The eggs and hatchlings who aren't frozen are kept outside, in the only patch of grass in our mountains. Each day, at least two adults go there to guard them. It is about a half of one hour flight or stroll to get there, but it is alright with the adults. The other yulebuck hatchling ( with no wings) is still there, but since I was "frozen", I get my own den.

The other "frozen" hatchlings arequite rebellious, and they have their dens on the outskirts of the Den Area. They seem to have their own mini-clan, and the adults often roll their eyes. I try to stay away from the ther frozens, but it's, well, hard. They always act like they're having so much fun with eachother, and I can't help but join them sometimes.

I am really enjoying my life in this clan. The mountains are very cold, and it blizzards a lot every day, but the adults spoke of three other seasons, after the snowfall season (the season in which we are right now). The "flower-bloom" season (Bo calls it "spring"), the "bright-sun" season (Bo calls it "summer") and the "falling-leaves" season (Bo calls it "autumn"). They speak of these four seasons in this order: Snowfall, flower-bloom, bright-sun, falling-leaves. The adults who were some of the first ones in the clan say that the falling-leaves season just passed. I can't wait for the warmer seasons, flower-bloom and bright-sun.

Well, I'm going to go play with the other frozen hatchlings! Bye-bye!

Signed,

Bo's Minty Hollyberry

P.s. - I like Bo's Little Red Rover the best. He is so funny and nice to me, and he is a regular riot and a rebel! He's a balloon dragon. Okay, well, bye!

Shadow's Journal Entry,

Dear Journal,

Sorry I havn't written in a while but "Christmas came along:)." I've been very busy. first off we found what Merlin calls two of the new christmas dragons. they already have cracks in them, and the yulebucks have hatched and gendered and their names are RudophTheRedNoseReigndeer, which we simply call Rudolph..I don't know why he has such a long name though... and the other one is called Dasher. The last bit of news I guess, is grandmaSally's bitten egg has hatched but is still ungendered. well that's about it, other than the food on christmas and christmas eve was great! we all had a lot of fun. Unfortunately the vamps pop-pop and grandmaSally had to hunt elsewhere during dinner and didn't come back until after. I watched over their hatchling while they were gone smile.gif..

--------------Shadow

Edited by Elvishgirl0905

(Making a new journal.)

Entry -1

I see first light of the world and I am in fuzzy joy, and so is everything that looks at me. I don't know why but that's the way it is.

-Unamed 09 Xmas egg.

Dear journal:

It has been very cold lately, with frost covering the ground each morning. We've even had a bit of snow, although that has now all melted. The Winter dragons enjoyed playing in it, however.

I've been venturing out of the cave, more so than I usually do. It just seems that lately, I've been finding the company of the others rather annoying. Prehaps it was because all of us were holed up for the past few days. We had enough food to last us, but still...what with the noise, and fights that kept breaking out, I'm actually quite glad to escape that for a few hours.

We have three new eggs in the cave. From what I've heard, they seem to be eggs that only appear around this time of year, and that the limit is two per clan. Well, we've got our two, plus a white egg with red stripes on it.

~~Dancing Arya~~

Diary:

I have seen that Pink writing what she calls a "jornal", and found the idea interesting.

I know she's seen me, as, for a while, she was asking a lot of questions about me and my kin, but now it seems that she's either forgotten her interest, or has gotten the answers she wanted.

I sang again last night. It soothes me. My tunes are not like the cheery melodies of the Ochredrake's however, but rather more haunting.

It has gotten dark, and myself, plus the other thre--no, two, of my kin are hungry. We must away, before something happens that we will regret. The other, like us, but not at the same time, can do as he pleases. I care not for him.

Edited by Ghost Cat

Journal of Silver Wisteria

Dear Journal,

What once started as a small clan of myself and Annun grew slowly larger and larger, until we were a clan of ten dragons, each of different species. Those that were outcast from their own clans found their way to us. Some were half alive, others battlescarred from their time in the wilderness.

We soon took over a large valley, surrounded by a mountainous range filled with empty caves. And there we've been for over a century. We fought off other clans looking to expand their territory, and we've kept it strong.

And then, the event happened that would change our existence. A small creature dared to enter our territory, a human. We had been watching these creatures from afar, and when one of them would wander into our territory unknowingly....well, they were a good training meal for our smallest of hatchlings.

Ebony was crouched, about to unfurl wings and catch the human, when Brigit stopped him. Brigit was our newest addition, and the most peaceable of us. He was our healer.

"No, Ebony, let us watch it first and see its intentions before we do anything."

Ebony backed down and nodded...a most unusual action for our fiery warrior, but then, perhaps he respected Brigit more after the warrior was healed back from near death by our white pacifist.

Days later, Ebony's claws echoed in the cave that was our overlook point of the valley. "It comes closer! Do we attack now?"

Brigit looked down into the valley, as the human walked closer, using a machine of sorts to record visually the valley. At one point, it knelt down, inspected the ground, and ran a hand reverently over a large print left in the soggy ground from a recent deluge. A print left from one of our other members recently.

The human female looked up and around at the mountainous walls surrounding. Her voice echoed in the valley, "I KNOW YOU'RE HERE! SHOW YOURSELF, DRAGON!"

Now Ebony unfurled wings, ready to attack. Brigit edged in front of him, blocking his way.

"No Ebony, I will go down. If she means us harm, I will kill her myself."

Brigit crouched, then flew down to the valley, making a slow circle, showing off the majesty and grace of our people, lowering closer and closer to the human before landing in front of her. The landing flap of his wings knocked the human back and down on her rump. Ebony chuckled softly, "Serves it right!"

The silent, telepathic conversation occured, and we could only barely hear the humans verbal responses. Her voice sounded whispered and reverent. We watched as Brigit edged closer, lowering his snout, perhaps to frighten the human with his enormous size, perhaps to rip her apart. We watched as she didn't scream, didn't stumble backwards in fear as we expected...instead, the human dared to reach out and TOUCH his snout! Ebony growled.

Brigit backed away, and returned to us. "She means us no harm. She's been searching for proof of our existence. I've only felt a worship for us in her. She wishes to come up."

That was a year ago, and the human, Morgan as she calls herself, is still with us, under the protection of Brigit.

Silver Wisteria

Dear Journal,

I Finally have a name! My name is officially "Chestnuts" Mama is still trying to figure out what to name my brother and she named the seasonal winter dragon "Making snow" Me and my brother get along with him well and we are all best friends. I wonder how my other brothers are doing? Anyways the gold egg is close to hatching and these cheer eggs mama got on Christmas are still in there shells. Mama is trying to make room for a egg thats totally rare to get. She' going to try but I doupt she will get that egg. It's called a Holly and they were around in 2007 and after that year no one has seen them again. There are rumors going around saying that they might return. It's very interesting but Mama is hoping they'll be aroud tomorrow. Right now there is a very cold cave filled with Cheer eggs but it is illegal to take more then two of that breed. Only because its a very special species. I hope I can grow up tomorrow! I grew my wings and I'm so excited. So did my brother. Mama is teaching us how to fly and the guardian dragon is named "Shield of the world" and the grey dragon is named "Ruler of the Rains". He seems very tough and anoyed all the time when he's trying to teach me but Shield of the world is nicer to me. She was the first dragon that Mama ever got and she guards all the eggs and hatchlings while Mama is away. Kind of like a Babysitter. Hopefully Me and my brother can be adults tomorrow! That would be fun.

~Chestnuts

A journal entry from Bo's Victoria, who was just a hatchling (the black alt one who ahd influenza) when she first wrote.

12th month, 27th day, 2009th year

Journal,

I am very grateful I was able to make it through my influenza to adulthood. Bo the Human says my name is "Bo's Victoria". She said that the name stands for the word "victory". I am very pleased with my new name. I think it describes me very well.

Many new things have happened in the clan since I joined. Eggs have hatched, hatchlings have grown into adults (like me and Bo's Shadow Warrior) and many dragons have fallen ill due to starvation and cold. It is terrible here. Just the other day, a smaller dragon clan who had no human to be their mistress attacked us and stole all of our food. They were larger dragons, but swift. It was so late at night and so dark, I couldn't even tell what breed they were. I am assuming they were neotropical dragons, because Bo's Dreaming Of Summer looked like she felt sick and embarrassed.

Well, since those dragons came, wehave been struggling even more. Bo's Saphira Doom, one of our icicle dragons, has fallen ill, and cannot hunt. Now, other breeds of dragons are being forced to go out and hunt, because Bo's Cold December Morning Doom (the male icicle) can't do all the hunting himself! Bo says this apalling weather will cease in a month or so, but I am worried. Many of us are worried. Some dens are filled with snow and ice too, and shelter space is melting away. Many dragons have to sleep in the same den, up to four adults!

The conditions of our clan are revolting right now. I am very concerned. We haven't lost any dragons yet, but soon enough the hatchlings will begin to freeze by themselves; without Bo's magic freezing drink! At least the frozen hatchligns don't have to worry about keeping the clan together.

For some reason, I really wish our clan had a vampire dragon in it. I really don't know why I want there to be a vampire. I just do. Maybe because they are already dead, and they cannot die again. Maybe because they have venom in their fangs, and they can defend our clan from invaders. Maybe because of something else.

Oh my. Bo's Dreaming Of Summer is about to lay an egg! I must go assist her, along with some other females. I shall write later.

Signed,

Bo's Victoria

P.S. - I caught Bo snooping around some of the other dragons' dens, looking for journal entries. I have no clue why she wants them. I had better hide mine in a ridiculous place that only I can reach. Maybe on that high rock cleft inside my den. Then, when she comes into my den to look for some entries, I'll sit atop the shelf and read them, just to tantalize her. Ha ha! Oh, how wicked I am!

Entry -.50

I have broke away more of this 'stuff' closer to freedom I am, but I feel for protection I must stay in here. I have also watched the 'things' around me, but not much.

~09 Xmas egg.

Here is a journal entry I found inside my gray dragon egg. I don't know how the paper got in there; another dragon must have slipped it in. Well, here it is:

12th Month.

Some huge beast slipped this thin thing into my egg when a tiny hole appeared. Nw there is a larger hole, and more of those large, blurry beasts are looking at me. My vision is fuzzy, and I don't know what they are. All I know is that it is the snowfall season, and it is the 12th month. I heard blurry beings speaking to eachother in telepathy about it. I know soon enough I will tumble out of this egg shell unwillingly, but all I can do is grab onto the squishy, nutrient-supplying floor and hope for the best. I see a tall, skinny being through my groggy vision. It isn't like the other beasts. It has hair on its head. It is trying to take my thin parsel! I have to wrap up this writing! See you in the real world! Bye!

~Gray Egg

Entry 1

Broke out of the egg I have done. On my break out I met a purple and mint colored dragon. they were kind and cheerful around me, don't know why. I also met a dear (Who claimed he was a dragon) with leaf wings! He seemed oddly similar to me, he just did. After said amount of time of looking a thing called my 'owner' appeared, he called me Treasured Joy, which I decided to make my name. Nothing else happened.

~Treasured Joy

Journal,

Uproar in the Cave. The Vampire coven has been discovered. Onyx bit an egg just as Dante and Vergil were going down there to investigate a 'strange aura' as Vergil put it, and Dante didn't take it well. Demons, Vampires, any mention of Zombies, they all make his eyes go hard, and anger fills his very being.

"What right do you have to take another's child, and turn it into a monster?!" I could hear him roar from my study, as Dragonic and I had been previously talking about the new pair of Christmas Dragons. It felt as if ice drowned my insides, as her and I rushed downstairs to find out the commotion. Vergil was already gone, with the egg, as Dante fought with the two male vampires on his own. Granted, they were weakened by the hour of day, it was already past noon by then, but still.

I had to jump in there myself to pull Dante off of Onyx, while Dragonic used a spell to stop Genesis in his tracks. Yami no Uta was crying, raging, but made no move to join her coven-mates in the scuffle. "My grandchild! You're the monster!"

"He was from the Main Cave, you fool! Humans touched him, and his parents abandoned him!" Onyx roared, looking as if he was ready to attack again. I could see pain clear in his eyes... That had been his child, he had sired it successfully after his first fail a moon ago.

"He would have died out there!" By then, more dragons were coming down to see what had happened. All was silent after that last outburst, and the youngest Vampire spoke again, bitterness in his voice. "You daywalkers don't know what it is like. You get to have children whenever you want, but we can't. Those in the coven are our only family... And you just stole my son."

Dante shook me off, and marched to the stairs, before glaring over his shoulder. "I couldn't care less about you and your 'family'. If I can't have my daughter back... Then neither can you." With that, he dissapeared up the stairs, and I shivered. I had never seen him like that, ever...

"What are you all staring at? Go back to what you were doing, now!" I heard the voice of my mate, and the dragons filed out, spell of silence broken. Dragonic let her spell go, and Genesis looked up to the cieling with distain.

"I am not pleased with this, Shiro. I expect a replacement within a half-month, or else there will be trouble for that damned Red and Silver." I felt myself shiver again. I knew how powerful Vampires were, and just how nasty they could be. So now I write this, while Dragonic tries to arange a trade for a replacement, or find the person who picked up the egg.

Shiro Saki

Entry 2

I have decided to stop living in the cave that seems to be made of fabric and go outside. I feel at home there. I am currently living in a large pine tree's branches. I have met a lot more dragons here, to many to recall. All looks fine in life. Oh! I almost forgot! The deer/'dragon' grew up! Nothing else has happened.

~Treasured Joy

Dear Journal,

Well I'm finally an Adult. My brother is almost there but he's maturing fast and one of the cheer eggs hatched today. It's so cute and it has these big green eyes. For some reason everytime I look at this hatchling I start to feel good inside and laugh for no reason. I asked Mama why that happend and she says Its suppose to do that "Why do you think there called cheers?" Seems like a very good answer. I've also been really good with my wings thanks to my teachers. I feel like a pro when I fly through trees andon top of moutains. My brother is good too and we have the same flying skills. Mama named him "Candy Cane Cheer" by the way. And Making snow grew up the same time as me! Mama really loves the winter seasonal's that she got another egg that was in front of the dark, deep, cave. Trust me when you come to our cave its warm and a lot of dragons rescued from that abandoned cave. Thats were me and Candy cane came from. I hope when Mama has more room that other cheer egg will hatch and then she'll bring in more eggs and hatchlings wondering around in that cold cave. A dragon can dream cant he?

~Chestnuts