notpc

Naming based on code

Have you named a dragon based on it's code?  

1,975 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lot of my dragons names are based on the code, it is a good way to name 500 dragons at once xd.png

But I love those most who's code is almost a name and I'll name it like that exactly, if it wasn't taken.

Obai, Gecot, Rydei and Reja are some of those.

I don't name dragons based strictly on their code as I have my own system, but sometimes I'll use a letter or two as inspiration for the word(s) I pick. ^-^

I have so many of these laugh.gif

ReRwX - Rexrawr (Don't ask laugh.gif)

Moitp - Moist-Pea

SoDa0 - Soda

oEnOx - Oenox

81sUK - Pisuk (would have been Bisuk, but it's a Pillow, so Pisuk fits better)

9cwun - I always wanted to call this Duwun (a nickname for my bf) but when it turned female that kinda fell through... sad.gif

47Dho - I wanted to call this something, but probably would have got told off for it laugh.gif

FUZ3H - Fuzeh

1aB8s - Balabbs (All my Blusangs have names starting with B, otherwise it would have just been Labbs)

kWlre - Kaywire

CouNg - Coung

SMzZZ - Shocker-Sleepy (because it sounds like someone being shocked or snoring. Bonus - it's a Thunder.)

cVsYn - Cyvsyn

DUKQH - Dukqh (I grabbed this one just for the code tbh tongue.gif )

arp1Y - Arpiy

kaqof - Kaquofe

PS: All of these are followed by Skylar (a name I give all my dragons) laugh.gif

I just noticed my hatchling has the code MLg3b.I have a naming system ,so I couldn't devote the whole name to it .Still ,the first name part is Majorlegus now.

I've only got two:

midgy = Midgiy (midgy and Midgy were already taken :/)

DIEEz = DIEEZ

Edited by TheEndling82

And my absolute favorite:

sYRYn = Syryn

He basically came with the name. smile.gif

I would go nuts if I got that code. It sounds a lot like my user/nick name. I'd love to find a Syiren/Siren code.

I noticed this guy's code earlier and nearly fell over laughing. I had to name him (hoping it's a him) right away. Awesome. wub.gif

Edited by Syiren

I base my names off codes if I'm feeling rather uninspired and they look like something pronounceable, or at least could be made into something pronounceable.

A few of mine that I know of are:

Blaamo - code: blamo

Owyl - code: 0WWyL

Velke - code: VeIk6

Duvca - code: dUvcO

W'kor - code: Wkor

Newyt - code: 5ewUt

Some are almost exactly the same, but usually I just base them off the codes and adjust them to suit the dragon.

I often do, especially if the codes spell names/things already.

Favourite codes on my scroll are B1rth and h1PPY, and of course I named my dragons after them.

I caught a white striped egg for my sister with the code "mEdEI" or sth, and I liked it so much that I gave the name: "Medei" to my soulpeace baby. wub.gif

My absolute favorite on my scroll is t0Cks, it's one of my ultimate dreams to find a t1Cks to mate with him. My Despis and Mistletoe as well wub.gif and of course the random others spotted about.

Edited by Kuro/\Crow

My best code is probably 2W15E, as in too wise. I named her Too Savvy, and thanks to an RPG I play I think of Savvy as a woman's name so it makes a nicer name than it would to most.

Here are a few recent ones...

VOWu5 = A Golden Vow (Golden W.)

vNavH = Golden Knave (Gold)

J0bXx = J0bXx (because what better name for a 26th gen pb magi stairstep?)

9EdWK = Quantum Ed (silver shimmer from Quantum Color)

OaMpE = Oampe from Olympe (gold shimmer gift from Olympe)

3UyuC = Ulysses by the Water (Yull x Waterhorse stairstep)

JOz**= A Girl Named Jozy (snow angel) (her name was originally gonna be Jozy I Hate You, but it's not my style)

nrPBW = Not Really a Paperback Writer (Snow Angel) (I was listening the the Beatles)

aQTpz: A Question Please (holly)

FAOdj = Christmas Angel DJ

Edited by JBluewind

EVERY SINGLE DRAGON.

Just look at them xd.png I take the code, turn numbers into letters, and make it pronounceable-ish (In my head at least wink.gif). Ta-dah, my dragon has a name!

Sometimes, I have a naming pattern to follow, and so I follow that. However, I often use the dragon's code-name anyway as the 'unique' part of the name. (For instance, a Falconiform stair has all the dragons named '____ite Amberflame'. The ___ part in my dragons is taken from the code.)

I've recently started collecting several dragons with certain codes to make nice lineages xd.png I've got an 'Oz' trend going and am currently finding 'Zan's' to pair with them. They're all Ozkis' something and Z Zano's something, the second word depending on breed. I shall get them all...

I named a mistletoe Mistleto0ts from her code (to0ts)

A spessartine with leARK whose hubby I named 'French Noah'

An Autumn with a dIINo whose wifey I named 'Honey you're not an Autumn Dino'

biggrin.gif I love playing with codes! Except I don't really get them much xd.png

I recently had a Neotropical egg with the code haalp (Capitals changed since it's no longer mine). I got rid of it for Valentine space, though.

I do it a lot. Whether it be because I can't think of a name, or because it's an awesome code.

MKAY = Mackeya. Originally Mackey but someone took the name while I was gone for 5 years. sad.gif I gave her a fitting description too while still fitting in with Vines. It's hard to be a counselor who is frequently hungry lol.

Peosu = Peosu. Literally the perfect name AND gender neutral. Named her as soon as she hatched.

Orov = Orov. Again, a good name right there in the code.

wWow = Wwoww. Someone had Wow and I wanted it to be symmetrical.

N0GO = It's a No Go.

TiNs = Tinny the Tin Mint. Someone had Tins and Tinny.

kebs = Kebs.

Zvr3m = Zoriem. Garbled, but it's there.

And many more are named at least with a nod to their code.

Edited by Starryluv