TJ09

2023-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins

Is the pumpkin carving rating pixel-perfect or something? My personal best is at 117/120 on bat pattern and I tried my best to follow the shaded parts. The gold ribbon is taunting me...

Edited by drafang62

17 minutes ago, drafang62 said:

Is the pumpkin carving rating pixel-perfect or something? My personal best is at 117/120 on bat pattern and I tried my best to follow the shaded parts.

I was wondering the same, but turns out the blue ribbon is the one they call a 'gold ribbon'! the silver one is red and has a silver middle. So you've done it as well as you can ❤️

EDIT: it seems like over 110 points or grants you a gold ribbon

Edited by AnthillDragon
has to be more than 110!

12 minutes ago, Hawaiianbabidoll said:

You don't need to do the whole shape at once. You can cut it out in smaller pieces, so if you're struggling with a part, try focusing on just getting those lines first and cutting out that little bit, then cut out the rest of the shape. Pretty much all of the smiles for the faces I cut out in three or four pieces instead of just one big chunk.

Your score depends on how well you cut out the stencil, but it doesn't matter how many cuts you use to do it.

I'll have to try that in the future. I wound up cheating by zooming in all the way. Then I clicked on different places on the curve to get a bunch of really short lines that approximated the shape of the carving.

Question is, if a cheat makes something slightly easier but still difficult can it still be considered cheating?

2 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

I apologise for being dumb, but does the gold medal come with a blue ribbon?

Yes, the gold is the blue ribbon.

5 hours ago, FuecocoBoi09 said:

Quick Holloween question, how do you add more dragons in Rise of the Zombies?

You get more by playing - and losing... explore also the healing dragons, not just those with fire-power!

And oh the 2023 title for the treats is absolutely perfect!!!

This pumpkin is way too strict - how am I meant to get 111 points to gold medal it using mouse and keyboard? I'm not allowed to zoom in on the page, and I just spent 2 hours trying my absolute best following the stencil only for the game to determine that it's not good enough. 😧 I was able to get a gold medal on literally all the pumpkins prior to this one in the time it's taken to yet again fail on this one pumpkin. What am I doing wrong? 

Just tried the pumpkin carving and it is SO fun! Managed to get a few blue (gold) ribbons - it seems like the ones with a lot of big shapes (like the heart) are easier to get a lot of points on, while the ones with a lot of narrow lines (like the pumpkin TehyaFaye mentioned above) are harder/the points system is more picky? I'll give it a few days before trying again with the rest, maybe the game still has some kinks that need ironing out.

... Speaking of which, apparently if you quit out while doing a freestyle carving, it saves your progress even if you don't turn it in. And the 'reset shape' button doesn't work. So I got stuck with this guy: https://dragcave.net/halloween23/pumpkin/5372 🤣

Isn't this chicken Mike...

Spoiler

11obkg9.png  ... Mike the Headless Chicken, specifically?

Edited by Ripan

Happy Halloween!

So... how does this pumpkin carving work on mobile? All I seem to be able to do is draw red lines which don't cut anything out.

Screenshot_20231025-074252.thumb.png.28eea2098a8b8cce670bfb7cc3287bd5.png

7 hours ago, helix9 said:

The treat counter! My completionist heart is full! Happy Halloween everyone :D

This is great.

It would be even better if the collections were placed newest on top, or maybe an arrow to go up after you collect a treat, to avoid the long scrolling.

57 minutes ago, TehyaFaye said:

This pumpkin is way too strict - how am I meant to get 111 points to gold medal it using mouse and keyboard? I'm not allowed to zoom in on the page, and I just spent 2 hours trying my absolute best following the stencil only for the game to determine that it's not good enough. 😧 I was able to get a gold medal on literally all the pumpkins prior to this one in the time it's taken to yet again fail on this one pumpkin. What am I doing wrong? 

I struggled with that one, also - it took me a few tries and I thought the ones that failed were all pretty close to being pixel perfect. That was the only one I had trouble with - just seemed to rate me lower than any of the others consistently. I think when I finally got the gold for it, it was a very close gold - 111 or 112 maybe when all of the others were up closer to 117 or 118 when I did them just once with far less care. 

If you're on PC, you should be able to zoom in - I'm playing on Chrome and hitting Ctrl + let me zoom in / Ctrl - let me zoom out. 

19 minutes ago, Daypaw said:

I struggled with that one, also - it took me a few tries and I thought the ones that failed were all pretty close to being pixel perfect. That was the only one I had trouble with - just seemed to rate me lower than any of the others consistently. I think when I finally got the gold for it, it was a very close gold - 111 or 112 maybe when all of the others were up closer to 117 or 118 when I did them just once with far less care. 

If you're on PC, you should be able to zoom in - I'm playing on Chrome and hitting Ctrl + let me zoom in / Ctrl - let me zoom out. 

Yeah, I figured out that making multiple straight lines was better than trying to stencil it out with my poor dexterity. XD Still only at a score of 110, but I'm taking a short break to relax.

Huh, I wonder if Firefox is different then. I'm able to zoom on other pages, but the pumpkin carving page wouldn't let me.  I'll play around with it.

1 hour ago, seventeendeer said:

Just tried the pumpkin carving and it is SO fun! Managed to get a few blue (gold) ribbons - it seems like the ones with a lot of big shapes (like the heart) are easier to get a lot of points on, while the ones with a lot of narrow lines (like the pumpkin TehyaFaye mentioned above) are harder/the points system is more picky? I'll give it a few days before trying again with the rest, maybe the game still has some kinks that need ironing out.

... Speaking of which, apparently if you quit out while doing a freestyle carving, it saves your progress even if you don't turn it in. And the 'reset shape' button doesn't work. So I got stuck with this guy: https://dragcave.net/halloween23/pumpkin/5372 🤣

That is so cute! xD

3 hours ago, Gluria said:

Wee woo! Most excited about the haunted harvest being back :3

I just got the FMA themed treat ... whoever made that kudos to you but also ... cheez 😂  😭

There's a high probability the FMA treat is mine. I haven't seen all of them, so I don't know if there's more than one. However, I definitely created one from FMA.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Happy Halloween!

So... how does this pumpkin carving work on mobile? All I seem to be able to do is draw red lines which don't cut anything out.

Hide contents

Screenshot_20231025-074252.thumb.png.28eea2098a8b8cce670bfb7cc3287bd5.png

You have to draw the shape, then press the cut out shape button below the save and send button. You can cut out multiple times.

7 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

That is so cute! xD

Just now, Estellux said:

Okay but he's just a little guy and I love him.

He was just supposed to be a little test, but fate had other plans ... The smallest and most light-averse little Pumpkin dragon in the world just got a new house, I guess! XD

18 minutes ago, XDLugia said:

There's a high probability the FMA treat is mine. I haven't seen all of them, so I don't know if there's more than one. However, I definitely created one from FMA.

It's the

Spoiler

Nina & Alexander

one
🥲