Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

Hello everyone!

Ooo~ Breakfast brownies! *takes one* 

Going grocery shopping today. I dun wanna go. lol

Hiked with friends, worked at church free lunch, and now I am ready to drop.

I had my hair trimmed (after too long a wait), paid my VISA, then drove home in a deluge only to decide once I got to Julian's that we were not going door buying in a storm.

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Going grocery shopping today. I dun wanna go. lol

I did a wee bit on my way back.

25 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Hiked with friends, worked at church free lunch, and now I am ready to drop.

Have some watermelon.

*sets out slices*

i have my shopping to do today too.

and afterwards, i'll still be stalking the alpine and desert for my last three Nebulas i'm looking for!

and i have a few dragons growing up tonight.

i have no idea what to do about those new white ones, it feels like the ratio of yellow to white is like 5000 to 1. or higher.  oh! gotta influence my new yellow ones though!

Busy day for you guys! I'm ready for the workday to be over.

Traded 2 yellow drakes for ice & magma dragons :D I'll probably be on the hunt for black tea & script dragons once my current eggs hatch so I can breed my own hybrid.

Having my brother here last week was a lot of fun, we did a lot stuff I don't usually take the time to do (like visiting some of the more "touristy" attractions around here, and also stopping by the grave of a some-number-of-greats grandfather of ours, who was a sea captain in the mid 1700s), and some stuff I've never gotten around to (like visiting a few of the local breweries). Now I'm exhausted and have to catch up on all the regular chores I skipped last week.

Reddit still hasn't given in to the protests and July 1st is when the insane API pricing goes into effect, so RIP to my favorite third-party app, I guess. I've been checking in to the main protest sub here and there but I'm trying to stay off of it in order to actually protest. I won't want to check it on mobile without my preferred app, anyway, so I guess it will be easier after Saturday. I set up a kbin account (one of the proposed alternatives), but it's pretty empty so far and I'm not sure if I like it yet.

35 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Having my brother here last week was a lot of fun, we did a lot stuff I don't usually take the time to do (like visiting some of the more "touristy" attractions around here, and also stopping by the grave of a some-number-of-greats grandfather of ours, who was a sea captain in the mid 1700s), and some stuff I've never gotten around to (like visiting a few of the local breweries). Now I'm exhausted and have to catch up on all the regular chores I skipped last week.

A sea captain? That's so cool!

It's so hot. Like... we're in a heat dome? So it's 89F out there at the moment, which is not great. 

Yea the sea captain thing is rad! I'm sure visiting local breweries was fun, too.

Super disappointing about reddit, I guess I won't be browsing on mobile anymore come July. I don't want to download their official app.

Hope you stay cool Asym! It's a humid and cloudy 72F here.

I'm more worried about the outdoor kitties than I am about myself, but we give them wet food and water. ^^

Kris guinea pig weighs only 915 grams! That's just over two pounds. He's getting so small... I think we were told the wrong age, as he seems more like a 5 year old pig than a 4 year old pig. I'm sad. 

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

A sea captain? That's so cool!

It's so hot. Like... we're in a heat dome? So it's 89F out there at the moment, which is not great. 

1 hour ago, Gizmohihi said:

Yea the sea captain thing is rad! I'm sure visiting local breweries was fun, too.

Super disappointing about reddit, I guess I won't be browsing on mobile anymore come July. I don't want to download their official app.

Hope you stay cool Asym! It's a humid and cloudy 72F here.

Yeah, I thought it was neat! I've heard he may also have been a privateer at some point but I'm not sure that's confirmed.

And oof, I used to live in GA and I sure don't miss those summer temperatures. I hope your cats stay cool! It's 77 here but is supposed to rain in and off all week.

6 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Yeah, I thought it was neat!

Cool sea captain!

It's hot and humid, and there was more thunder just as I finished walking the dogs.

We are supposed to get severe storms with high wind this evening, but so far nothing but clear skies and a pleasant breeze.

Not complaining, although we still need rain.

19 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

We are supposed to get severe storms with high wind this evening, but so far nothing but clear skies and a pleasant breeze.

Not complaining, although we still need rain.

Yeah they say that here a lot. I think they do it just in case. Here sometimes a storm will be headed for us and peter out before it arrives.

*peeks into thread*

hi!

it’s been storming on and off all day here. I really wanted to go for a walk, but lightning. 

I left the house at least. got some things for the house at Home Goods, bought ingredients to make trail mix, filled up my tank, bought another plant for my deck, and got foundation and perfume at Sephora. then I got home and cleaned a bit and did laundry.

‘twas a weirdly productive rainy day. 

we're in the midst of rain and thunder, but my weather app on my phone says it's supposed to stop storming around 9.  this is a good thing, because they collect the trash tomorrow morning, and i take the trash cans down to the street tonight.  would rather not do that if there's lightning and thunder happening.

13 minutes ago, mishhelle said:

twas a weirdly productive rainy day. 

Sounds good!

@trystan, did you know today is Stitch Day? (As in Lilo and Stitch.) 6/26 XD

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

did you know today is Stitch Day? (As in Lilo and Stitch.) 6/26 XD

uhm... sure. yeah.

(i should have!)

maxresdefault.jpg

35 minutes ago, trystan said:

uhm... sure. yeah.

(i should have!)

maxresdefault.jpg

I just learned about it today in one of the LEGO groups. One of the ladies does Minifigure Mondays, and today - she didn't know either - she happened to pick the latest Stitch, so another person told her it's Stitch Day! ;)

so Stitch is Experiment 626, which is why today is Stitch Day.

it's also the anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court that the “Defense of Marriage Act” (DOMA) is unconstitutional - and that the federal government cannot discriminate against married lesbian and gay couples for the purposes of determining federal benefits and protections. (https://www.aclu.org/cases/windsor-v-united-states) this was in 2013. :) 

cf551b89e9dc76a703bb8ffc2a674f79.jpg

46 minutes ago, trystan said:

This is very cute!

I love Stitch.

I used the "this is your badness level" image with one of my classes back when I was teaching.

I love that it's Stitch Day! Fun!

Oh I got my blood work results back, and all seems well. I'm to continue taking my meds and yeah. That's about it. ^^

11 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

I love that it's Stitch Day! Fun!

Oh I got my blood work results back, and all seems well. I'm to continue taking my meds and yeah. That's about it. ^^

At the doctors office, no news is ALWAYS good news.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

That's so cute!

I had no idea there was a Stitch day, but Lilo & Stitch has been my go-to sick day movie for ages.

35 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I used the "this is your badness level" image with one of my classes back when I was teaching.

heh awesome!

13 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

I had no idea there was a Stitch day, but Lilo & Stitch has been my go-to sick day movie for ages.

there's a day for everything! XD 

got two more eggies for my Arrakisyma project, and one more for my Xeno spiral.  i like how I've been doing it....https://dragcave.net/lineage/FaVmE

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

and one more for my Xeno spiral.  i like how I've been doing it....https://dragcave.net/lineage/FaVmE

Oh, nice! I like that, too.

My 100-day egg hatched this afternoon and after hunting for more of the NR drakes for 3 or 4 hours and seeing none, I replaced it with a Hydra that popped up right under my cursor. And it was one I needed, too! My NRs will mostly hatch between midnight and 1 a.m. Don't know if I will stay up to hunt or just leave those spots open til morning.