Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

1 hour ago, Gizmohihi said:

As for mileage taxes... well, I think we should invest in public transit and making cities more walkable :D I don't mind driving but I wish it weren't necessary to get around in so many places.

Amen to that!

Good morning, CPA!

Thanks for the coffee and brownies, Lagie. Brownies have caffeine, too, don't they? I could not sleep last night, so need a little extra this morning.

It is supposed to be a nice day today, but the smoke from the Canadian fires is moving in again.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

So... when do they start tracking everywhere you go? :P

{snip}

I had a weird dream along the lines of "in Soviet Russia". Brrr.

in Soviet Russia.... they start tracking you.

eep.

1 hour ago, Gizmohihi said:

Love the look of the adult Incense dragons!

me too! i need more! XD

drakes? meh.  not a fan. add that to the list of breeds i don't want. XD

time to name my Incense dragons, and plan names for more :)

29 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

It is supposed to be a nice day today, but the smoke from the Canadian fires is moving in again.

we have another air quality warning for today until 6 tonight.

Coffee and toast with jam, thank you Lagie.Not the best of days for me. I found out what an endoscopy is. 😂Now if I could steal a white NR, I would feel a lot better!

Can I ask for opinions here? I'm entering my local zoo's photo contest and I'm having the hardest time deciding between two similar pictures I took at their lantern festival in November.

This one is a closeup/headshot:

Spoiler

TheKirinPortait2.thumb.jpg.1ed1294ceb0d07d21f53f224304c35d3.jpg

While this one shows almost the whole body:

Spoiler

TheKirin.thumb.jpg.ee10bb3f1dd4ef2eaf5e1a9044a14aef.jpg

I really love both and I just can't decide which one is the stronger picture.

If it makes any difference, the first round of judging happens online, and they'll narrow it down to a top 100. Those 100 then have to be printed as an 8x10 (and matted) for the final round of judging. Last year, they got something like 105 entries so they just let everyone through, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again this year. (Before that, every entry got printed and displayed, and there was only one round of judging.)

I'm entering two other pictures (3 is the limit), one is a true full body shot of another lantern and the last is of actual zoo animals.

16 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Can I ask for opinions here? I'm entering my local zoo's photo contest and I'm having the hardest time deciding between two similar pictures I took at their lantern festival in November.

My vote would go to this one. The other is nice, but being almost, but not quite, the whole thing takes something away IMO.

This one shows the detail better because of being more close up.

I love those lanterns! They look quite fierce!

41 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

my vote is also for this one.  it's such an awesome pic!

2 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

This one is amazing! So is the other, but this one shows how fierce the dragon is, and my goodness, these are incredible!

Today the only thing on the agenda is emptying the dishwasher, washing the last load of laundry and going to get guinea pig food (hay) at Petsmart. It's also almost Holland's (bestie's 2nd oldest piggie) birthday, so treats and a gift are also on the list. ^^

Headshot, definitely, though both are awesome photos!

5 hours ago, Chusi said:

Coffee and toast with jam, thank you Lagie.Not the best of days for me. I found out what an endoscopy is. 😂Now if I could steal a white NR, I would feel a lot better!

ouch, Feel better soon.

5 hours ago, trystan said:

in Soviet Russia.... they start tracking you.

eep.

Eeep, indeed.

Slooow shop day. I am missing several key pricers so the pricing is going very slowly and not much new stuff gets out.

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Slooow shop day. I am missing several key pricers so the pricing is going very slowly and not much new stuff gets out.

oof.

if i could teleport, I'd help you out :) 

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! The unanimous vote really helps my indecision (my husband voted for the headshot, too)!

Ditto on the teleporting. I've just been doing what feels like endless laundry all day. I don't know where it all comes from. (Well, one load was for the rarely-used guest sheets, so that does explain why there's a little more than usual.)

1 hour ago, trystan said:

oof.

if i could teleport, I'd help you out :) 

Thanks! If you ever get here, I'll put you to work. ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Bright and sunny. I'm in the process of packing my things as I change houses today. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to get into my house when I get there with the issues my door has. I'll stay the night at Julian's if I can't get in.

25 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I'm in the process of packing my things as I change houses today. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to get into my house when I get there with the issues my door has. I'll stay the night at Julian's if I can't get in.

:unsure: Hope you can get in. Did you buy the new door, yet?

Should be bright and sunny here this morning, too, but isn't, since we are dealing with smoke from the Canadian wildfires again. Supposed to clear for the weekend.

11 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Hope you can get in. Did you buy the new door, yet?

No. I was supposed to on Monday but a major thunderstorm with flooding rain kiboshed that plan. Julian's van could not have made it through the puddles.

12 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

but isn't, since we are dealing with smoke from the Canadian wildfires again. Supposed to clear for the weekend.

Urgh. I hope it does clear for you.

17 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Urgh. I hope it does clear for you.

Thanks! I hope so too since it is the holiday weekend and lots of people will have outdoor plans!

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'm in the process of packing my things as I change houses today. I'm not sure if I'll even be able to get into my house when I get there with the issues my door has. I'll stay the night at Julian's if I can't get in.

oof. good luck with everything with that!

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Should be bright and sunny here this morning, too, but isn't, since we are dealing with smoke from the Canadian wildfires again. Supposed to clear for the weekend.

it's bright here... bit of a haze though.  we had fog this morning though. good thing i'm not going anywhere until this evening, and then it's just a short car ride.

i have dragons growing up before lunch, and eggs hatching tonight. :D

I've got eggs hatching today too. Still a bit of a haze here as well, but it's sunny out right now.

My new laptop busted T_T I set it down on my bed and the next time I picked it up, the plastic around the screen was warped and separating in the corner. Maybe my blanket was blocking the fan and it overheated, compromising the adhesive? That's the only thing I can think of. Was on the phone with Dell support and they're escalating the issue, so hopefully they can do something for me. As it is, I can't close the laptop, so I can't take it anywhere.

Gotta figure out what to do for lunch now, I'm thinking I'll get a smoothie. :')

oh yikes, Gizmo!

i had a friend who fried his laptop by - get this - having it on his lap, and sliding on my couch - in the wintertime. and yep, zapped it with static electricity! oops.

good luck with your laptop!

42 minutes ago, Gizmohihi said:
23 minutes ago, trystan said:

oh yikes, Gizmo!

i had a friend who fried his laptop by - get this - having it on his lap, and sliding on my couch - in the wintertime. and yep, zapped it with static electricity! oops.

good luck with your laptop!

My new laptop busted T_T I set it down on my bed and the next time I picked it up, the plastic around the screen was warped and separating in the corner. Maybe my blanket was blocking the fan and it overheated, compromising the adhesive? That's the only thing I can think of. Was on the phone with Dell support and they're escalating the issue, so hopefully they can do something for me. As it is, I can't close the laptop, so I can't take it anywhere.

YOU CAN DO THAT @trystan???????

I'm so sorry, Gizmo! That sounds horrible! One of my laptop's had the hinges pop off on one side... I kept it together with tape for quite a long time until I could get a new one. It was... not ideal. 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

apparently he did.... :blink:

I would be so mad... Oh my god. 

Soo my daughter was at an unfamiliar dealership getting her oil changed the other day, and as always, she had her beloved Pit Bull with her. Harley is friends with everybody.  Then this guy comes out of the bathroom. Harley goes all pit bull on him and wanted to get to him so bad he yanked my daughter's chair so bad she knocked the chair over an was on the floor sliding towards this guy while trying to hold Harley at bay.. It was all she could do to pull the dog back away from this guy. Now, I've had dogs all my life {and that's a loooong time}  I know that if a person is a bad person, the dog immediately recognizes that. So, long story short, they made my daughter and Harley wait outside in the scorching heat until her car was ready. Harley is the most loyal devoted loving dog you could ever have. But if she percieves a threat to my daughter, she will fight to the death to defend her, because that's just what Pit Bulls do. In other words, I'm terrified that Harley could do some serious damage to someone and my daughter could be sued out of house, and everything else she owns, plus more. I gotta run  to town. I'll be back soon.

Dogs know about people. Cats, too. One lady came in my shop all smiley smiley I love animals. My shop cat took one look at her and fled the scene.

Would the rain please stop already???

I know, right? I wish I had that kind of perception.I see things when I watch people. How they move and their eyes, but not like a cat or dog!It's starting here too, the rain.We had a clap of thunder that shook the room!