Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty-One

1 hour ago, Chusi said:

You'll make it fit.. If not bungee strap on top. Right now there's five people and the pilot on Craft the size of a mini bus two and a half miles down to see the wreckage of the Titanic and they can't find them and they're running out of air they have 41 hours of air left and the Navy is looking for them and they just can't find them anywhere down there is it detectable down there radar is they could be on the surface somewhere or down two and a half miles and are blown off course and they can't find them and they may never be found

I've been following that search, too. Sad, but it does not look good at this point. Kind of like searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack. Coast Guard is gathering all the resources they can to help search.

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I've been following that search, too. Sad, but it does not look good at this point. Kind of like searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack. 

The company waited too long to report it missing.  And the submersible can only be opened from the outside even if it surfaced.

The currents are strong in the area, too. (The current has been damaging the remains of Titanic, shifting it and widening holes in it)

The company's CEO was on board. He's on record last year saying "I think I can do this just as safely by breaking the rules."

The boss being on board might be the reason they waited so long before asking for assistance.

well now that's scary! I think you've been eating too many pancakes!   CEO. wow! I have asthma and have almost suffocated before. Last time was last week in the grocery store. I have an inhaler to fall back on. I can't imagine what they're going through right now. They say there's no aitheist in a foxhole.....  We should all pray for these lost souls. Maybe they can still be found. There's still hope.

Edited by Chusi

It's horrific to think about how they're feeling, and my thoughts are with each one of them. 

That is sad. :(

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright so far. I do hope the day stays dry.

Coffee and toast today Lagie thank you. The families omg.. A guy on Fox news was just talking about them and he said "if" they're still alive. He also said they cluld even be caught up in a fishing net.Also, three more ships have arrived to help in the search.

Edited by Chusi

it's all scary, so i try not to think about it.

ooh, tea and toast & jam for me, thanks!

sunny today.

and happy solstice!

i'm not a fan of summer.... but it does mean fall is next! :D

There's an 18-year-old down there with his dad. They did hear some sounds today though, so here's hoping!

Happy Solstice to you too!

Here's hoping.

Happy Solstice!

My back hurts.

Wait... it's the solstice?

Must mean there's a release this weedend.

1 minute ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Wait... it's the solstice?

yep - as per google:

Summer solstice/Date
Wed, Jun 21, 2023 10:57 AM

20 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I am expecting that. I hopefully will have some scroll space. ;)

The sub was found ... empty?

Screenshot_20230621-195006.thumb.jpg.59076654866782575e720c47d6de969f.jpg

How do you exit a bolted sub deep in the ocean? :huh:

I don't need a new release.

..After considering all options, I've decided that this is fake news.

Edited by Chusi

I am strongly suspicious that that is fake news.

They didn't even have the right equipment at the scene to raise the sub, even if they did locate it, and not likely time to raise and open it.

Not sure what is going on, but I doubt this story will be confirmed.

Edit: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2023/06/21/false-claim-missing-submersible-was-found-without-passengers-fact-check/70344102007/

Edited by purplehaze

Yep. Definitely fake.

There's a Bahamian research vessel involved in the search.

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

I am expecting that.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I don't need a new release.

i currently have two nebs from the Cave, and then i bred three eggs.  they'll hatch on friday (one will hatch tomorrow), but then i have 2 paird i want to breed on friday.  so then I'll have room for an NR - 6 slots.

i actually have the NR on my calendar for sunday. XD 

....i also have to come back to this page in a few minutes, to see if anyone added anything to their posts above me.

i'd say that i feel like I've missed stuff.  and i have. XD 

Edited by trystan

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yep. Definitely fake.

There's a Bahamian research vessel involved in the search.

Would have been the strangest news ever though; I have to admit. 

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

How do you exit a bolted sub deep in the ocean? :huh:

You don't.  The pressure is so high that a breach in the hull would kill everyone in two milloseconds. They'd be vaporized. 

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brrownies, and toast with marula jelly*

Morning storm so it's quite dark out. Rain is forecast for the rest of the week.

Good morning, CPA!

I need the coffee again this morning. It was leg cramps that kept waking me last night!

We had rain a good bit of the day yesterday, but it added up to less than a half inch. Better than nothing. More is predicted throughout the week, so hopefully it will come closer to what we need.

Apparently the search for the sub goes on, with time running out. :(

I bred my Seasonal new blood lines yesterday in honor of the Solstice. I am up to gen 42!

Ooh nice on the seasonals!

Sad about the sub.

Weirdly, I too have had leg cramps recently. Right now, though, they're displaced by the back spasms.

Enjoy your rain!

cloudy and cool today.  i'm good with that.

seasonal breeding, harumpf. *glares at Notos and an Equinox, who should have given me a Winter by now.  but no.... i have to wait until december.  again.

while i do have a few egg slots, i don't want to breed anything because tomorrow and saturday i'm at wok in the morning, and there might be a release sunday.  we shall see.

Cloudy here today. Supposed to start raining any minute now!

I'm excited for a potential release. It's been so long since I played that I remember new dragons coming out, but I don't recall learning about them through the forums.

Touring a house today after work. If I like it, I'll be making an offer! Might get outbid, though, so we'll see how things go... 😳

Good luck with the house bid! Yes, NRs are fun! Also, it will be in the 90s today with high humidity and air quality alert, so I will be spending my day in my house. Probably doing housework and on DC.   Edit: welp, they found debris from the craft. It exploded at 2000 feet. Merciful.

Edited by Chusi