purplehaze

New -- 100-Day Breeding Challenge 2023 - Ending September 7!

13 hours ago, Lagie said:

I'll need to finish my poem with a sibling. Here's my final dragon for this challenge: https://dragcave.net/view/bQeVT

very cool!

8 hours ago, dracornithologist said:

I hope it's not off topic for me to comment (since I didn't participate) but this is so beautiful!

Hopefully you can participate next year? :) 

1 hour ago, LadyMadonna said:

Just can't seem to stop . . . send help!!

XD

The top three finishers have all selected their prizes, so I will now be matching the remaining finishers to prize offers by RNG.

Hopefully I can get that done later today and let you all know what you have won!

Thanks for your patience with me over the last several weeks. Sometimes real life rises up to smack us but you all have been very supportive and understanding and I appreciate it.

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Thanks for your patience with me over the last several weeks. Sometimes real life rises up to smack us but you all have been very supportive and understanding and I appreciate it.

you're quite welcome.

i know everyone has their real life things, as do i, and real life is also good at curveballs.

as a related aside, a friend (M) had texted me in June or July to let me know that she was coming out to my end of the state to visit her friend at the beginning of August.  a week or so before the visit was supposed to happen, M texted me and said her friend had a change of plans, and now she (M) wasn't coming out at the beginning of august, she'd let me know when her friend rescheduled and then thanked me for being understanding when i replied i understood and to keep me updated when the visit might happen.  i mean, what was i supposed to do - pitch a fit that M's friend's plans had changed?

anyway, in dragon news, i'll be breeding Vega tomorrow (and her son when he grows up) for my last two dragons in this lineage this time round.  I'll work on another version of it with more dragons next year ;) 

I am travelling soon, so whoever gets me (and whoever I get) may not hear from me till I get back in 12 days or so.

The remaining prizes have been drawn!

@zippuzzle will receive a prize from @eurypterids

@Lagie will receive a prize from @LadyMadonna

@purplehaze will receive a prize from @Gwathgor

@missy_ will receive a prize from @purplehaze

@Fuzzbucket will receive a prize from @missy_

@Uta_Redhead will receive a prize from @BringsTheSnow

@Gwathgor will receive a prize from @zippuzzle

@Ytak will receive a prize from @Fuzzbucket

@Saintley will receive a prize from @Ytak

@BlueCanary1 will receive a prize from @Saintley

@simkim will receive a prize from @Lagie

@eurypterids will receive a prize from @trystan

Please contact the winner of your prize as soon as possible to arrange delivery of their choice of egg.

Let me know if there are any problems or questions.

FYI I'm paired with Fuzz, I tried for an egg for her and got a failed breeding, so I will try again after she gets back from her trip! 

My prize offering has been delivered, and I also received my own prize (finally my Mutamore has a mate!) I'm going to keep working on my lineage until I get to my original goal of the full alphabet, but I'm so happy that I was able to make this much progress on it! It seemed too daunting to get started, but this event was such a fantastic motivator. Not only did I finally get my project started, but seeing so many other great lineages inspired me to come up with even more ideas! I'm excited for next year, thank you SO MUCH for hosting this for all of us @purplehaze ❤️

My prize and the one I need to produce are both in progress.

I both got and delivered a prize already ^^ Overall I'm glad I participated, it was the first challenge/project like that I participated in and it was a lot of fun! It's also so satisfying to look at my lineage, I've never made such a long one before :D I think I'll still continue it at least for a bit.

i've been in contact with the person I'm getting my prize from, so that's in progress.

the person I'm sending my prize to has read my message, but i haven't heard back yet.  maybe if i haven't heard back by like Saturday (that's like 4 days) I'll message them again

I received my prize from Saintley, and it's set to grow up in a few days. Thank you, again! He's gorgeous! I've also been in contact with BringstheSnow and their prize is in progress. Hopefully we can say it's delivered sooner rather than later, but you never know with stubborn dragons.

and somewhere in there, i did hear back from the person I'm sending a prize to.

i get that with stubborn dragons, that's what happened with mine XD 

Edited by trystan

The Lineage gets longer - and is now almost complete!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): You can hear her call-ing

What Gen are you on now?: 21

I thought I'd finished . . . but then I found this great version with enhanced accoustics and realised that I need a couple more generations . . . !  Good shout about the Lengthy lineage thread, @trystan.  I'll add it on there.  And when it really is . . . finally . . .  complete, I'll also add it to @Shadowdrake's Lyrical Lineages thread.

As Lagie has already reported, I supplied her prize, and, this morning, I was delighted to receive an incredibly beautiful egg from @simkim for my third place prize.

This really has been a fun project - thanks again, @purplehaze.  Looking forward to next year's.  

Spoiler

Spoiler alert:  Whilst hunting for a good Seth Lakeman video to share with you - I stumbled across something with a common theme.  Now - if I can just find/decipher all the words . . .

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): The White Hare

What Gen are you on now?: 22

Delayed breeding in expectation of a new release 🙄

The Lineage gets longer! - The final link in the chain!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): Freedom Fields Album

What Gen are you on now?: 23

Now to think what to do next year . . .

1 hour ago, LadyMadonna said:

Nice! And a z for your final. ;)

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/Y4jis

What Gen are you on now?: 20

One more to go to finish the poem and author.

2 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

Nice, glad to see the completion!

49 minutes ago, Lagie said:

One more to go to finish the poem and author.

Yay! Go Lagie!

The Lineage gets longer!

Proof (link to egg's lineage): https://dragcave.net/lineage/zsyP9 (A z! :) )

What Gen are you on now?: 21

Gen 20 was the last line of the poem. Gen 21 will be title and author, I hope!

Edited by Lagie